The Wedding Planner

BonjourMika1990

Marriage in our day and age is overrated. It just doesn't mean the same thing it did, especially since divorces seem to easy to get.

If I ever get married, it will be ideally because I see the relationship lasting for life (realistically because I got caught up in the moment)

The notion of love has also changed, which has changed marriage

That said, I still like to look at dresses (and I won't get married in white, coloured dresses for me please)

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marriage in our day and age is overrated. It just doesn't mean the same thing it did, especially since divorces seem to easy to get.

You know, people say that often - but when you say "doesn't mean the same thing it did", when are you referring to? The baby boom generation are divorcing left, right, and center. So we'd prolly have to go even further back - maybe turn-of-the-century? - to find less dismal divorce stats.

I read an article once that states that our generations (generations "X" and "Y") are more likely to divorce because we were brought up with an "everything is disposable" mentality. Toaster doesn't work? Pitch it out and buy a new one. Hole in a shirt? Don't stitch it, buy a new one.

It would be kind of enterataing to see how well throwing out a cheap, broken toaster translates to throwing out a marriage. Interesting line of thinking, though.

For now, though, I'll keep my toaster. He's worked well for nearly five years. :wink2:

You know, people say that often - but when you say "doesn't mean the same thing it did", when are you referring to? The baby boom generation are divorcing left, right, and center. So we'd prolly have to go even further back - maybe turn-of-the-century? - to find less dismal divorce stats.

I read an article once that states that our generations (generations "X" and "Y") are more likely to divorce because we were brought up with an "everything is disposable" mentality. Toaster doesn't work? Pitch it out and buy a new one. Hole in a shirt? Don't stitch it, buy a new one.

It would be kind of enterataing to see how well throwing out a cheap, broken toaster translates to throwing out a marriage. Interesting line of thinking, though.

For now, though, I'll keep my toaster. He's worked well for nearly five years. :wink2:

I don't even know when I refer to half the time. I suppose there isn't really a time when it has meant ideally what its supposed to mean.

Our soceity we do have a tendency to throw out our toasters when they no longer cook toast the way we like, or when we think another toaster might cook our toast differently, when the toaster they have is perfectly fine, they're just not willing to spend the time to fix the setting to the way they like it.

I don't even know when I refer to half the time. I suppose there isn't really a time when it has meant ideally what its supposed to mean.

Our soceity we do have a tendency to throw out our toasters when they no longer cook toast the way we like, or when we think another toaster might cook our toast differently, when the toaster they have is perfectly fine, they're just not willing to spend the time to fix the setting to the way they like it.

LMAO!!!!!!!

well, I have thrown out a few potential "toasters" because they didn't cook my bread for long enough..:naughty:

*Suzy is tempted to post, but will end up deleting, yet again.

Which is why I feel obligated to keep calculations current on the "Millionth Post" thread*

*walks back out and just lurks*

*Suzy is tempted to post, but will end up deleting, yet again.

Which is why I feel obligated to keep calculations current on the "Millionth Post" thread*

*walks back out and just lurks*

Hmm? Post away! After all, you've had your toaster for what, 13 years?

We're at 992,351 posts, btw.

LMAO!!!!!!!

well, I have thrown out a few potential "toasters" because they didn't cook my bread for long enough..:naughty:

I'm strugggling to believe I used cooking toast as an analogy for chicken.

:naughty:

And I do like to hear about people who have kept with their old toasters (even if younger toasters may seem more appealing).

Because, in the end imo, Love isn't just about how well a toaster cooks your toast. Sure, it does help if it cooks it well (especially at the start, if they aren't cooking it long enough from the beginning, like yours Kelz, then they should be ditched :naughty:)

More its about knowing your toaster, and being comfortable with them, and accepting them for what they are, flaws and all.

Now enough toaster talk.

Here's some dresses I like

dress-3.jpg

dress1-1.jpg

Dress-2.jpg

(as I may have said, I don't want a white dress, I want to be different :naughty:)

I'm strugggling to believe I used cooking toast as an analogy for chicken.

:naughty:

And I do like to hear about people who have kept with their old toasters (even if younger toasters may seem more appealing).

Because, in the end imo, Love isn't just about how well a toaster cooks your toast. Sure, it does help if it cooks it well (especially at the start, if they aren't cooking it long enough from the beginning, like yours Kelz, then they should be ditched :naughty:)

More its about knowing your toaster, and being comfortable with them, and accepting them for what they are, flaws and all.

Now enough toaster talk.

I think a little more toaster talk won't hurt anyone :das:

I think most people don't read the toaster manual and that's where they fail to operate them properly :naughty: They go in thinking they know it all but there's always something different.. It always pays to look at how the older versions operate too.. it's a glance into the future.. :bleh:

and nice dresses :D

I think a little more toaster talk won't hurt anyone :das:

You gotta use your toaster long enough that you know how it operates, I think. And, you have to be reasonable; if it doesn't cook your toast long enough before you marry it, it certainly ain't gonna fix itself after you marry it.

And if it burns your toast, that's a whole different story. :blink::roftl:

You gotta use your toaster long enough that you know how it operates, I think. And, you have to be reasonable; if it doesn't cook your toast long enough before you marry it, it certainly ain't gonna fix itself after you marry it.

And if it burns your toast, that's a whole different story. :blink::roftl:

Burning the toast is acceptable, undercooking is not. Because then you have to flip the toast and try again, and the toast just tastes cruddy.

I also think you should try the toast before you settle on one toaster. You don't want to be stuck with that toaster that, no matter what you do, always undercooks your toast, and refuses to cook higher, for the rest of your life.

Just because a toaster looks good, and seems to have all the necessary parts and features, doesn't mean it will be the toaster you want, how can you know until you try the toast? :naughty:

classic20cool20wall209206.jpg+ authentic-new-york-bagel.jpg=bagel.jpg

Don't you hate it when it cooks and cooks and cooks and but still leaves you feeling unsatisfied with the end result..

I like my toasters to warm up slowly, giving my toast even distribution of heat.. rather than *snaps fingers* instantly focusing on one part of my bread.. :thumbdown:

Don't you hate it when it cooks and cooks and cooks and but still leaves you feeling unsatisfied with the end result..

I like my toasters to warm up slowly, giving my toast even distribution of heat.. rather than *snaps fingers* instantly focusing on one part of my bread.. :thumbdown:

the hole? It's a bagel. :naughty:

Yes, its a much better result when you get an all over toasting, instead of a quick burning in that one spot. The best toast is the toast that is cooked slowly, not rushed, and is crispy all over.

Though, I suppose, there are always ways to make your toaster to cook slower, giving you that all over toasting instead of that black crispy, unsatisfying burntness. The toaster manual could come in handy, or prior toasting experience, or even varying the settings :naughty:

For the record, I'm still waiting for the right toaster.........

brand name Mika

:mf_rosetinted:

She did...:naughty:

You're the one who posted the bagel *msn slap* You set her up :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, he he. Anyways, gals - gotta go. Lunch break is over.

That was a "slice"! :naughty:

*blows kiss bye*