The Australian Thread: Part Six

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are we tonight? Everyone enjoying RL for a change?

Right, I am going to feed that dogs, when I get back there had better be some exciting posts in here :dog::boxing::mf_boff:

(just wanted to use some random smilies I never have the need for!)

BTW congrats Armande, you were highest poster in part 5

:naughty: im not sure if i should be proud of that, i was away for five days too!

Okay. Goodbye armande!

Have fun! :biggrin2:

fun? bahahahaha (words can not describe how boring it was)

I love the curve of his hips and legs when he wear tight pants :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: Dare I say, but that makes him look a bit feminine!

i know what you mean :mf_lustslow: , i watched a really strange program the other day, and it described why girls like guys that are effeminate, anyway...

*wipes tears*

It has, after so many threads, someone has stolen it

*will get it back eventually*

*promises to try and stop post-whoring*

i think it is the ruggedyness and the horses and people in armour behind him

Mmmmmmmm.... Bruce in Medieval times...

:mfr_lol: There was a Chew-Chew inside on the pocket! (And the lining was rather bright!)

Clarification - I'd love to make Mika (and the band?) a bag!

Ahhh... that makes sense!

Yay! I thought it might be an idea if you made a bag, you did such a good job of the one you gave him last time!

Just quickly off the top of my head.

The Metal munchkin is from Tassie I believe.

Are we really talking about putting coupons in the bag??? I figured you were all joking about the feminine hygiene products etc but were you serious about some of the other things ie coupons and Kath and Kim DVD? Ummm. I don't actually like Kath and Kim that much. I do agree it's funny, but I just don't really take to it much. That's just me.

What else..... Mouselle was on here from Canberra before me, don't know if there are any other Canberrans.

Bruce Campbell!! I didn't know who you were talking about until you said Autolycus. We (hubby and I) used to be huge Xena fans. I love Autolycus!! He had some of the best lines. Actually my hubby used to play Balder's Gate (computer game) and you could import lines for some of the characters and he got a whole bunch of Xena ones off the net. Gabrielle's are usually hilarious and Autolycus, but if we're talking about people that were also in the Spiderman movies, then it has to be JOXER THE MIGHTY. Yes, Sam's brother Ted (who apparently was babysat by Bruce Campbell according to IMDb). I miss Xena. Well, I suppose I really began to miss it after it jumped the shark but miss the earlier episodes now. Oh, and I miss Kevin Smith who played Ares. I was so sorry he died.

Okay... themetalmunchkin is from Tasse... not on here too much so if she wants in we need to contact her... we were kidding about the coupons... kinda thinking about K & K... You and Mouselle are the only ones from Canberra (I'm pretty sure on that)...

*huggles Chickadee* I'm so happy you know who I'm talking about! He certainly did have the best lines and he should have been in it more... same with Joxer! He was hilarious... as much as he was an idiot... Oh, and Ted was also a fake Shemp in Evil Dead... Oh yes... Kevin Smith... :tears: He was quite nice also...

Hey guys, how do i become an official Mikamite???

I dont have to go through any scary rituals do i......:blink:

Nope... Freddie isn't on so you're safe...

I could send one to you! Soa says one day she's going to send me "musk sticks", which, frankly, sound awful, but apparently they're quite tasty. I've also made it my mission in life to try a timtam.

Ooooh... musk sticks! Yummy! And tim tams are great...

mmm musk sticks... haven't had them in years... have to go by some now.

I think the word is "toight". :naughty:

We should get some for our little roadtrip...

Oh yes.. toight...

Where are we tonight? Everyone enjoying RL for a change?

Right, I am going to feed that dogs, when I get back there had better be some exciting posts in here

Yes boss! *salutes at space Jols takes up*

I thought I'd post the things we were thinking of making for Mika...

# Rewriting an Aussie song to fit Mika (sorry if I got it wrong!)

# Recording the Mikamites speaking Strine... and a book that explains the words/phrases (maybe even just the book)

# Necklace with Aussie animals (or a hat with Aussie animals - I can't remember!)

# A book of Oz... with each of us writing about or town/city and putting a little message for Mika (we could add the songs to the book and the Aussie slang too...)

# a flag and each person signs it (it would be done at each gig if he does them)

# Bag for everything to go in (Mouselle would like to do this)

Now... Was there anything else we talked about doing?

I'm currently making banana and choc chip muffins for hubby's work tomorrow and that made me think about the jelly cakes I made last week that were supposed to last til Christmas (frozen of course), but which are all gone (wonder who ate them:fisch: :wink2: ) and this made me think about lamingtons (cos of the coconut) and about how it would be really nice to have Mika have some "traditional" Australian food like lamingtons and pavlova, but that they are not practical to put in a show bag and then it hit me!

People were talking about what's in a real show bag last night and one of the things mentioned was the horrible lollies. What if we put in uniquely Australian lollies? (not horrible ones) I know my sister always used to bemoan the fact that she couldn't get Minties and Fantales in Canada. And apparently Musk sticks aren't found in California... The whole band could share then and have something to suck/chew whilst on the bus or a plane (protect the ears during take off and landing) and they are consumable and nobody has to store them in their flat.

Is this a good idea? I'm going to do a quick search and see if these are really only found in Aus or if you can already get them in London. (and if people wanted to throw in a packet of timtams too, with the instructions for how to do the timtam suck or call it whatever Rove does....):wink2:

that is really cool, i am getting all excited!

i didn't think i had missed anything on here, has mouselle said she would like to do the bag?

Yep, she must've read what I wrote and it seems like she wants to do another bag for Mika! It'll need to be bigger (depending on what hte biggest item is will determine the size I guess)...

I'm currently making banana and choc chip muffins for hubby's work tomorrow and that made me think about the jelly cakes I made last week that were supposed to last til Christmas (frozen of course), but which are all gone (wonder who ate them:fisch: :wink2: ) and this made me think about lamingtons (cos of the coconut) and about how it would be really nice to have Mika have some "traditional" Australian food like lamingtons and pavlova, but that they are not practical to put in a show bag and then it hit me!

People were talking about what's in a real show bag last night and one of the things mentioned was the horrible lollies. What if we put in uniquely Australian lollies? (not horrible ones) I know my sister always used to bemoan the fact that she couldn't get Minties and Fantales in Canada. And apparently Musk sticks aren't found in California... The whole band could share then and have something to suck/chew whilst on the bus or a plane (protect the ears during take off and landing) and they are consumable and nobody has to store them in their flat.

Is this a good idea? I'm going to do a quick search and see if these are really only found in Aus or if you can already get them in London. (and if people wanted to throw in a packet of timtams too, with the instructions for how to do the timtam suck or call it whatever Rove does....):wink2:

That's an idea!

So it would be... Fantales... Minties... Musk sticks... Tim Tams... what else?

*wipes tears*

It has, after so many threads, someone has stolen it

*will get it back eventually*

Yep, she must've read what I wrote and it seems like she wants to do another bag for Mika! It'll need to be bigger (depending on what hte biggest item is will determine the size I guess)...

That's an idea!

So it would be... Fantales... Minties... Musk sticks... Tim Tams... what else?

:shocked: I'M THE MARY ... & I THOUGHT OF THE SHOW BAG ???!!!:shocked::biggrin2::naughty::roftl: :roftl:

You totally are the Mary HK!

Yes I know you thought of the showbag... but I thought maybe Mouselle could make a bag for all the stuff to go in!

:roftl::biggrin2: I'm happy for us both to be Mary .... :wink2: ... do you remember we both thought/hoped Mouselle would do it, simultaneously ??? !!!:biggrin2: ... Erherm ... I missed the end of Aussie thread Part 5 ...... does Mouselle want to make the showbag ???!!! veryhappy.gif

Mary & Mary !!!!!! YAAAAYYYY !!! veryhappy.gifveryhappy.gif

:roftl::biggrin2: I'm happy for us both to be Mary .... :wink2: ... do you remember we both thought/hoped Mouselle would do it, simultaneously ??? !!!:biggrin2: ... Erherm ... I missed the end of Aussie thread Part 5 ...... does Mouselle want to make the showbag ???!!! veryhappy.gif

Mary & Mary !!!!!! YAAAAYYYY !!! veryhappy.gifveryhappy.gif

She said she'd be happy to... it's in the last few pages of part 5... I thought she'd be the most qualified to do that...

Yay! We're both the Mary!

Oooh... you know what I'm doing? Looking at a map going from Syd to your place! I'm at Nowra ATM!

She said she'd be happy to... it's in the last few pages of part 5... I thought she'd be the most qualified to do that...

Yay! We're both the Mary!

Oooh... you know what I'm doing? Looking at a map ging from Syd to your place! I'm at Nowra ATM!

OH ??? I can post you a general map from p/bucket ... want it ???:biggrin2:

If you like... I've got a basic idea of where to go and wrote down instructions to help... I don't know why, but I can't just follow written instructions... I have to follow it on a map to know where I'm going...

Oh, I wanted to ask... how will we know which is your place? do you have a sign out the front or something?

I really need to get to bed... so if you post anything else.. I'll read it later on, okay?

Night!

:thumb_yello: Okay .... & I promise you ... getting here IS easy .... we just need to chat about getting to my place from Princes Hwy. which is easy ... & then, after that ... south of Bermi .... let's not do it here .... you can either PM or Phone me ..... eventually we will need to talk on your mobile ... when you are close ... :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Feel free to call my landline anytime from now ... esp. after midday ... :wink2::naughty: