The Australian Thread: Part Six

Rainbow Sky

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think he would eat food if we gave it to him! It's sad but in todays society, there could be lots of people that may do something to the food to harm him. If I were famous, I don't think I'd eat anything given to me by fans. Although they do have good intentions. I wouldn't like to think he would just eat anything given to him, it could be very bad for him one day, you know?

Or is that too paranoid?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently making banana and choc chip muffins for hubby's work tomorrow and that made me think about the jelly cakes I made last week that were supposed to last til Christmas (frozen of course), but which are all gone (wonder who ate them:fisch: :wink2: ) and this made me think about lamingtons (cos of the coconut) and about how it would be really nice to have Mika have some "traditional" Australian food like lamingtons and pavlova, but that they are not practical to put in a show bag and then it hit me!

People were talking about what's in a real show bag last night and one of the things mentioned was the horrible lollies. What if we put in uniquely Australian lollies? (not horrible ones) I know my sister always used to bemoan the fact that she couldn't get Minties and Fantales in Canada. And apparently Musk sticks aren't found in California... The whole band could share then and have something to suck/chew whilst on the bus or a plane (protect the ears during take off and landing) and they are consumable and nobody has to store them in their flat.

Is this a good idea? I'm going to do a quick search and see if these are really only found in Aus or if you can already get them in London. (and if people wanted to throw in a packet of timtams too, with the instructions for how to do the timtam suck or call it whatever Rove does....):wink2:

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think he would eat food if we gave it to him! It's sad but in todays society, there could be lots of people that may do something to the food to harm him. If I were famous, I don't think I'd eat anything given to me by fans. Although they do have good intentions. I wouldn't like to think he would just eat anything given to him, it could be very bad for him one day, you know?

Or is that too paranoid?

I did think of that also. I thought if things were still in their original packaging ie in unopened bags it might be O.K.?? Jaffas are another Aussie/New Zealand lolly too btw.

I think this is a great idea- I did something similar for my secret santa overseas.

I agree that original packaging would be best, as the world is no longer a safe place (but surely you can trust us crazy fangirls!:biggrin2: )

Trying to think what I put in there- minties, tim tams, weetbix, vegemite, cadbury macadamia chocolate, can't remember what else!

There is a great site called http://www.great aussiefood.com.au which has a heap of ideas- some aren't generic to Australia, but are just our brand etc. Good reading though!

I am getting really excited about our project- as everyone knows a bit about Australia and we are unique (without being weird!) in a lot of ways!)

Depending on what we decide to do places like Officeworks do the photobooks so we could upload all the files and do it as a bound book. Big W do it as well, but they only let you upload photos without much text. Maybe the guys who did A Year in Cartoon Motion can help us look in the right direction here in Aus.

wow, long post!

I've just been trawling youtube and found all this stuff i'd never seen/heard before, but this one has to take the cake. It was hilarious whilst at the same time it had me cringing a little bit for Mika, cos he sounded like he didn't know quite what to say sometimes or rather it was "please let's not go there". you may have all heard it before, but I don't care, cos there may be other people like me who haven't.

I'm currently making banana and choc chip muffins for hubby's work tomorrow and that made me think about the jelly cakes I made last week that were supposed to last til Christmas (frozen of course), but which are all gone (wonder who ate them:fisch: :wink2: ) and this made me think about lamingtons (cos of the coconut) and about how it would be really nice to have Mika have some "traditional" Australian food like lamingtons and pavlova, but that they are not practical to put in a show bag and then it hit me!

People were talking about what's in a real show bag last night and one of the things mentioned was the horrible lollies. What if we put in uniquely Australian lollies? (not horrible ones) I know my sister always used to bemoan the fact that she couldn't get Minties and Fantales in Canada. And apparently Musk sticks aren't found in California... The whole band could share then and have something to suck/chew whilst on the bus or a plane (protect the ears during take off and landing) and they are consumable and nobody has to store them in their flat.

Is this a good idea? I'm going to do a quick search and see if these are really only found in Aus or if you can already get them in London. (and if people wanted to throw in a packet of timtams too, with the instructions for how to do the timtam suck or call it whatever Rove does....):wink2:

Or is that too paranoid?

I did think of that also. I thought if things were still in their original packaging ie in unopened bags it might be O.K.?? Jaffas are another Aussie/New Zealand lolly too btw.

sh!t, my entire post just got deleted!

Anyway to recap, agree that whole packages are best, there is a site called http://www.greataussiefood.com.au which has products sold in Aus (not all are exlcusive to Aus though)

Am really excited about these projects, we really are unique here!

I've just been trawling youtube and found all this stuff i'd never seen/heard before, but this one has to take the cake. It was hilarious whilst at the same time it had me cringing a little bit for Mika, cos he sounded like he didn't know quite what to say sometimes or rather it was "please let's not go there". you may have all heard it before, but I don't care, cos there may be other people like me who haven't.

Oh, my post didn't get lost, so know I look like a dweeb with 2 posts similar.

Thanks for reposting that interview, haven't heard it in ages- it is where the whole "custom made drawers" theory came from- listening to it again you can hear he is taking the piss at the end!

I think this is a great idea- I did something similar for my secret santa overseas.

I agree that original packaging would be best, as the world is no longer a safe place (but surely you can trust us crazy fangirls!:biggrin2: )

Trying to think what I put in there- minties, tim tams, weetbix, vegemite, cadbury macadamia chocolate, can't remember what else!

There is a great site called http://www.great aussiefood.com.au which has a heap of ideas- some aren't generic to Australia, but are just our brand etc. Good reading though!

I am getting really excited about our project- as everyone knows a bit about Australia and we are unique (without being weird!) in a lot of ways!)

Depending on what we decide to do places like Officeworks do the photobooks so we could upload all the files and do it as a bound book. Big W do it as well, but they only let you upload photos without much text. Maybe the guys who did A Year in Cartoon Motion can help us look in the right direction here in Aus.

wow, long post!

I think this is the site I went to this morning, but it was misbehaving then. I guessed most of the Allens range would be there (ooohh, chicos how could i have forgotten them?) but there is some pascalls there too.

Yep, she must've read what I wrote and it seems like she wants to do another bag for Mika! It'll need to be bigger (depending on what hte biggest item is will determine the size I guess)...

That's an idea!

So it would be... Fantales... Minties... Musk sticks... Tim Tams... what else?

Fantales, Jaffas, Musk sticks, Tim Tams, freddos, Caramello Koalas, the Cadbury furry friends, starburst, summer rolls. Some places no longer gets Mars (I know Us is one) and boost bars aren't everywhere either.

Anyways Morning everyone, *is hoping she isn't coming down with a cold herself*

haha, i love watching american shows just to hear their accents

:lmfao: :lmfao: I thought the only reason anyone watched american shows was to laugh at us.

I love the curve of his hips and legs when he wear tight pants :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: Dare I say, but that makes him look a bit feminine!

YAY!! I'm not the only one who thought that! He does, and yet, my attraction isn't diminished at all.:blink:

Wow what are you post whores doing in here? The Canadian thread is still on part one. :blink:

:roftl: Mark my words: the americans will get to part two first.

:mf_rosetinted: And what happened to Cinderella's stepmother when she was mean? She had to wash laundry in the servants' quarters for the rest of her life.

Well that can be one of the other stepmothers roles then :mf_rosetinted:

Besides, you're not cinderella (or even snow white)

And I'm no evil stepmother, just a slightly sadistic and mean one :naughty: