Studio outtakes???

Little Miss Piglet

I met someone yesterday who claimed she had an album of Mika with studio outtakes on it. According to her, it contains several songs that didn't make the LICM album. I'm really questioning her credibility (due to other things she's claimed in the past), so I'm just asking you: Does anyone know whether it's true that such an album exists?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I met someone yesterday who claimed she had an album of Mika with studio outtakes on it. According to her, it contains several songs that didn't make the LICM album. I'm really questioning her credibility (due to other things she's claimed in the past), so I'm just asking you: Does anyone know whether it's true that such an album exists?

It does, but Mika has asked that people not share the songs around... and generally we don't mention it at all out of respect for Mika.

Do you mean that she had an actual commercial-produced CD of Mika tracks that didn't appear on LICM? Or that it was a blank CD onto which she had burned the tracks?

There are indeed a handful of tracks that didn't appear on LICM that have been leaked on the Internet - some have later appeared on singles and international releases ("Your Sympathy", "Only Lonely One" and "Instant Martyr".) We try not to discuss the rest of them on here, because Mika didn't intend for them to end up all over the Internet.

So it's possible she got the MP3s and burned them to a CD, but I don't think there's any sort of actual released "album" with other tracks on it.

Please don't delete or this thread, this way we'll just have to deal with a hell more threads about the demos. Can't you make some sticky about it?

.. Unless you've already done that and I havent realised it yet.

some have later appeared on singles and international releases ("Your Sympathy", "Only Lonely One" and "Instant Martyr".) .

Ok - I admit. I am naughty. I, as the rest of the regular posters here, have the demos etc.

When he released Your Sympathy, Only Lonely One and Instant Martyr on B Sides, is that the same version as the demos or did he record a new version?

Ok - I admit. I am naughty. I, as the rest of the regular posters here, have the demos etc.

When he released Your Sympathy, Only Lonely One and Instant Martyr on B Sides, is that the same version as the demos or did he record a new version?

They sound the same to me. I have the Japanese release, and Your Sympathy is identical.

He's also said that "Instant Martyr" is one of his earlier demos, so I'm thinking the "demo" version that was first leaked was actually a later recording of it that was considered for LICM, but then scrapped in the final decision-making process. It sounds a bit raw, but not raw enough to be an early demo.

LOL I don't think I'm making any senese. :blush-anim-cl:

There are indeed a handful of tracks that didn't appear on LICM that have been leaked on the Internet - some have later appeared on singles and international releases ("Your Sympathy", "Only Lonely One" and "Instant Martyr".) We try not to discuss the rest of them on here, because Mika didn't intend for them to end up all over the Internet.

Right, which is why I'll close this thread after I've posted :)

Please don't delete or this thread, this way we'll just have to deal with a hell more threads about the demos. Can't you make some sticky about it?

.. Unless you've already done that and I havent realised it yet.

I *did* make it a sticky at one point, but I don't see it now -- someone

must have "unstuck" it... but we do have Sivan's message from Mika

somewhere in which he requests that we not discuss or trade info on

the demos.

ETA: Here is the link to the Sivan's old message from Mika:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5126

I've "restuck" it for now -- hopefully folks will notice it! Thanks!

As far as I can tell they are the same versions.

OK, closing this now... because I think the overwhelming majority of

us have agreed on this subject. :thumb_yello:

dcdeb