Oh trust me, I am! I'm so thankful that my parents have allowed me to go to all these concerts I have a lot of friends who haven't been to many at all!

Aww, that's a bummer. Forgot about that.

Maybe Queen or Mika will be touring again by then? :das:

Just thought what might happen if Mika and Queen come to switzerland on the same day :shocked: :shocked:

That once happened to a friend of mine her two favourite bands played at the same evening:shocked: hope this will never happen to me :blink:

hehe

I haven't been to this site for almost a month, so I am not sure if the Brian May interview from Guitar Player magazine has been posted here.

If it hasn't, I recommend you all read it because it really is a professional interview with a journalist who obviously understands music and loves Queen.

Besides the details on how certain songs were written or performed in Montreal, Brian also uses the 'f' word twice for no particular reason:shocked: and says John is an underrated bassplayer with a unique 'lyrical touch':blush-anim-cl: . The writer then echoes this at the beginning, claiming that John is a 'criminally underrated musician and composer'... it is so true and I am glad someone put it down on paper. :thumb_yello:

Here it is:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/renaissance-man/nov-07/32483

If they played the same day...as hard as this would be for me, I think I'd have to go with Queen because who knows when their next tour would be? I wouldn't want to miss out on seeing them.

But it also might depend on whose tickets I got first.

And I'll read that article now.

Oooh, that would be horrible, violetsky! For me though....I would def have to go see Queen.

me too :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl: Queen is still my favourite and will ever be although Mika now is getting a lot of attention from me too :naughty:

So I'm off to bed now and reading on in *Mercury and Me*... I'm slow... everything is english :wink2: but sometimes it's so beautiful that I have to stop reading and just look at all my freddie pics in my room and think

WHY WHY WHY :tears: and I started crying when Jim wrote smth. like

Freddie asked me what I will do when he isn't there anymore and I cried and said I have no idea ... all this is too much for me. then I looked at Freddie and he said also crying ....and how do you think I feel ??

:tears:

It must be so hard if you know that you will die :tears:

So I'm off to bed now and reading on in *Mercury and Me*...

Let me interrupt here... I wanted to write this earlier when you started talking about this topic, but now that this book keeps coming up on this thread, I feel I need to add my comment, too.

When Freddie died and Jim's book was published I was disgusted and vowed I'd never buy and read it... :thumbdown:

Well, I never have, though a couple of months ago I read some bits from in on the net. It was about the last 2 days of Freddie and I found it appalling for Jim to write it down and make money out of it... also, based on what I read and what you have written so far, I think Jim is / was rather 'simple' - (I am not sure if he is still alive).

and I started crying when Jim wrote smth. like

Freddie asked me what I will do when he isn't there anymore and I cried and said I have no idea ...

If Freddie had known Jim would go and make money out of their relationship and his death....:sneaky2::thumbdown: :thumbdown:

That's the saddest part of all. He wanted so much to be loved but all his gay friends betrayed him whilst Mary never did. She has never been an attention seeker.

On a lighter note, however, yes, it must have been hard for him when he learned that he would die but here is how he faced it in front of his friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMIOh8mZb-w

This one is really...:tears:

violetsky, my post may contain spoilers - I am not sure if they qualify or not.

I have to agree wth quite a few of your points, suzie. I had actually never planned to read that book (because of previous things I had heard about it), but was given a copy as a gift from a friend of mine...so I ended up reading it.

Thins that I didn't like at all:

There were some parts where Jim was far too explicit and I found myself completely put off by it. I mean, who in the world truly wants to know about Freddie and Jim's sex life? I, for one, do not.... but for some reason Jim felt that telling about it served some sort of purpose.

Also in regards to Mary: I completely agree that she has never been an attention-seeker. He made some pretty harsh statements about her throughout the book and it was really obvious that Jim was bitter towards her. If it wasn't obvious before, it became abunduntly clear that he was angry at her for Freddie's actions in giving Mary his estate. Whereas, I can imagine how hard it must have been, to lose Freddie and (in essence) to lose Jim's home, but it isn't as if Mary forced Freddie to sign that document over.

There is also the point that Jim did make a profit off of Freddie and I know he can argue that he wants his "side of the story" to be available to fans. But then again, who's really keeping the score? I actually respect Mary moe for keeping quiet. It certainly shows that her releationship with Freddie came first and foremost.

Hey guys!!! Sorry totally off track and very irrelevant... but I haven't been on here properly in.... ummm.... 2 and a bit months, cos our computer totally crashed and I couldn't get my mum's computer to download this site properly.

Anyway... this is what I really wanted to say.... I've just spent 2 days at y eldest brother's house. He's also Queen mad and we spent so much time talking about Queen and Freddie and all sorts of random stuff. He told me he has bought a Deaky amp online and is going to order a Red Special later this year... which is totally awesome!!! And he told me about some little thing Roger does with the high-hat when he's playing, that no other drummer does etc etc etc.

But my best thing about it was when I was sitting outside with him and he was playing around on his guitar (he's in a band and is working on some new songs) and out of the blue he started playing Tie Your Mother Down (as best he could on an acoustic). We were both singing along and he would randomly start playing another piece and see how quickly I could recognise it.

Then before I went home he loaded Day at the Races, Night at the Opera and The Game onto my iPod. And last night I was listening to it, because I'd never heard those 3 fully before and I was so hyper... I was jumping around my room and bouncing on my bed!:biggrin2:

*I know that was totally random... I'm ina very good mood today and haven't been able to stop talking since I woke up:naughty:

Oh wait! Sorry!:blush-anim-cl: One other thing I have been dying to tell you about for ages!

Do any of you know about a guy called Barry Thompson? He's a South African bloke, but apparently he has international acclaim... according to my parents... anyway. I saw a show with him in it; King and Queen: A tribute to the music of Elvis Presley and Freddie Mercury, and he was playing lead guitar for all the songs. He's completely amazing! Like Brian May without the hair... actually with very little hair at all.... but I was completely in awe of how brilliantly he played the songs!

The reast of the show was ok too I guess...:wink2: nah, I'm kidding, it was brilliant too, but WOW!!!! I'm totally going to meet him... I have to!:punk:

Oh, and Shari, I saw that about Brian's interview on "This Morning." I was glad to hear him mention the upcoming tour taking place in September! My fingers are crossed that it will include the US.

Here's the interview for anyone that's interested: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6CQfvSFtKWs

Brian's so dear.... You just want to hug him! Thanks for the interview Mandi