hi wow wee i have missed alot this time, a new Queen thread with gazillions of pages!! I skimmed through..could i have missed anything important?...

I read about fred not being perfect:naughty: ! Gosh i thought we'd all been enlightened to that fact, but isnt that part of his charm?..I havent read the said book, so cant really comment, but I imagine fred would have been a nightmare to live with one minute and an absolute heavenly joy the next...he did say he was a man of extremes my dear! he also said he would literally chicken anything that moved at one point :shocked: and I didnt get the impression he was ashamed!! Naughty boy:roftl:

Anyway Happy new year to all you Queeniacs Im not sure how much time i'll have to spend here, with no.3 child on the way!! Anyway glad the banter goes on..... You know the new live CD in Montreaux, I cant bear that bit where Fred says to Bri(during love of my life) "they dont know it" He sounds really dissapointed and sweet and Bri is like (in his *cool* voice) "its okay"..I just cringe I cant hear it!! They all go on to sing it anwyay dont they...

:blink:

MTV and VH1 has been on a rapid decline for the last couple of years. Neither of them seem to be about music anymore. I miss the good VH1 days. :(

Did you also have shows from Paul King in the States? (i.e MTV's Greatest Hits.. later VH1 GH....etc).:thumb_yello:

At the end of the 80 and early nineties it was people who really were into music that presented shows on MTV and now they have these cross-eyed youngsters who read the lines someone also completely ignorant of music has worded for them...:thumbdown:

I forgot to tell you that yesterday a boy at the school where I work brought in his Greatest Hits Queen cd. It was the funniest thing. He put a cd in the player and then WWRY came on. All the kids were singing along to it. I figured the cd was a mixed cd or something.

The next song was WATC....so then I assumed it was possibly an anthems cd....next AOBTD came on and then I finally gave in and asked what cd he was playing. He said the GH and of course the fanatic came out in me. :) I asked him why he liked Queen and told him that they were my favorite band. It was quite a surprise and lots of fun to see Queen's music affecting young ones.

You know the new live CD in Montreaux, I cant bear that bit where Fred says to Bri(during love of my life) "they dont know it" He sounds really dissapointed and sweet and Bri is like (in his *cool* voice) "its okay"..I just cringe I cant hear it!! They all go on to sing it anwyay dont they...

:blink:

Brian explains it in this article (posted on this thread a month ago):

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/renaissance-man/nov-07/32483

here is the part:

„You let the crowd sing most of “Love of My Life” now, and they sound really good.

Bri: They do. It’s amazing. That’s something that has swept around the world. One place I remember it happening absolutely mind-blowingly was in South America. “Love of My Life” hadn’t been released there as a single—it was just an album track. Freddie and I enjoyed playing it and we happened to play it at a very big gig in a football stadium. The whole stadium was singing along in a language that wasn’t their native language, beautifully in tune. It was quite spine chilling, I’ve got to tell you. Strangely enough, I think you can see us feeling uncomfortable when we play “Love of My Life” on the Montreal DVD because we had just come from South America, where Freddie would start the song and not have to sing a word of it. There were a few people in Montreal singing but it wasn’t the same thing at all. I think Freddie feels disgruntled with it for a second, like, “Oh my god—do I really have to do this?” It changed the whole way he delivered the song, almost as if he had something to prove and you can see it in me as well. You can see us having a little exchange onstage. I don’t recall exactly what we said but it was something like, “It’s okay. We can do it this way.” I got a strange sense of déjà vu when I saw that on the DVD.”

Its a shame really. The Montreal audience weren't really the most receptive. But I guess you can put that down to the fact that they were being made to sit in chairs, must to Queen's dislike and indeed Freddie's insistence that they get out of their seats on numerous occasions.

:woot_jump: :woot_jump:

I got my tickets for

ONE NIGHT OF QUEEN :punk:

Do you know them ? It's a cover band with Gary Mullen. I'm sure some of you don't like cover bands but I really do ! Because I'm still very young and I love it to spend an evening full of Queen :wub2: And I heard that this one is a really good one !

I only heard one other cover band they were from argentina I think "dio salve a la reia" or something like that. :blush-anim-cl:

So on the 5th of februar I will go to MONTREUX first and then go on to Geneva to hear the concert ! I'm so excited !!:punk:

violetsky, earlier in 2007 I saw the Queen tribute show "Queen: It's A Kinda Magic!"

...it was simply breathtaking and so much fun. It was in our lovely art deco 1930s theatre in our town, it just seemed to fit so perfectly. I deliberately told myself before hand to let go of reality and just pretend it was the real Queen and the real Freddie - and it totally worked!!! Its probably kinda sad that I consider a tribute show the best concert experience of my life, but it seriously was because I was in an altered state of mind.

Just believe its the real Queen, you'll LOVE IT!!!

violetsky, earlier in 2007 I saw the Queen tribute show "Queen: It's A Kinda Magic!"

...it was simply breathtaking and so much fun. It was in our lovely art deco 1930s theatre in our town, it just seemed to fit so perfectly. I deliberately told myself before hand to let go of reality and just pretend it was the real Queen and the real Freddie - and it totally worked!!! Its probably kinda sad that I consider a tribute show the best concert experience of my life, but it seriously was because I was in an altered state of mind.

Just believe its the real Queen, you'll LOVE IT!!!

I hate all tribute bands, except for 'Queen +Paul Rodgers':naughty:

lol suzie. The only tribute band thing I have ever seen was at the US convention when Jeff Scott Soto did the lead vocals (I think the band went by Big Bad Leroy Brown or something) and I did enjoy that...

I didn't for a sec try to tell myself it was Queen though!!