Anyways they are called One Night of Queen and they are out of London.... doing a U.S. Tour.... I am seeing them on April 19 and then again on the 24.... the dud LOOKS nothing like Farrokh BUT his voice is AMAZING!

violetsky, earlier in 2007 I saw the Queen tribute show "Queen: It's A Kinda Magic!"

...it was simply breathtaking and so much fun. It was in our lovely art deco 1930s theatre in our town, it just seemed to fit so perfectly. I deliberately told myself before hand to let go of reality and just pretend it was the real Queen and the real Freddie - and it totally worked!!! Its probably kinda sad that I consider a tribute show the best concert experience of my life, but it seriously was because I was in an altered state of mind.

Just believe its the real Queen, you'll LOVE IT!!!

I know exactly what you mean.... I've never seena tribute band, but seen a lot of tribute shows and plays: WWRY, Magnificent 7, King and Queen etc etc etc.... and it's amazing how you can totally train yourself to the right frame of mind where you actually believe it's the real McCoy....:thumb_yello:

hmmm... not bad, thanks for the link.

I actually listened to the beginning of Tie Your Mother Down and I Want To Break Free and I think the singer is probably better than the rest of the band - though that probably has to do with the equipent itself . I am really not an expert...

However, I still hate the idea of someone TRYING TO BE SOMEONE ELSE... I prefer if someone naturally is (insert a name here) or delivers their own interpretation of a song...That's always more exciting and more creative.:wink2:

hmmm... not bad, thanks for the link.

I actually listened to the beginning of Tie Your Mother Down and I Want To Break Free and I think the singer is probably better than the rest of the band - though that probably has to do with the equipent itself . I am really not an expert...

However, I still hate the idea of someone TRYING TO BE SOMEONE ELSE... I prefer if someone naturally is (insert a name here) or delivers their own interpretation of a song...That's always more exciting and more creative.:wink2:

I totally understand your point! But, on the contrary....the love of my life is gone. I never got to see him live, and I never will *until he is waiting for me at the gates of heaven* :wub2: So.... I dunno... I will not pretend like it is Farrokh in my mind.... i just want to see/hear the music live and perhaps 'imagine' what it would have been like to actually see Farrokh with my own eyes! :huglove:

Besides I have gotten PRETTY tight with their Tour Manager.... and we are going to meet, so ya never know what that has in store.... hhhmmm.... :blush-anim-cl:

Anyways they are called One Night of Queen and they are out of London.... doing a U.S. Tour.... I am seeing them on April 19 and then again on the 24.... the dud LOOKS nothing like Farrokh BUT his voice is AMAZING!

I totally understand your point! But, on the contrary....the love of my life is gone. I never got to see him live, and I never will *until he is waiting for me at the gates of heaven* :wub2: So.... I dunno... I will not pretend like it is Farrokh in my mind.... i just want to see/hear the music live and perhaps 'imagine' what it would have been like to actually see Farrokh with my own eyes! :huglove:

Besides I have gotten PRETTY tight with their Tour Manager.... and we are going to meet, so ya never know what that has in store.... hhhmmm.... :blush-anim-cl:

We're going to see the same band ???? :punk: :punk:

I'll see one night of queen at the 5th of feb. !!! I so can't wait ! You saw them before?:wub2:

MTV and VH1 has been on a rapid decline for the last couple of years. Neither of them seem to be about music anymore. I miss the good VH1 days. :(

....true, but here is the chart from German music television Viva:

http://www.viva.tv/Charts/Detail/id/6/part/8/name/VIVA+TOP+100

No 83: Paul Queen & Rodgers : Say It's Not True...:shocked:

It's been on the chart for 2 weeks and no one even noticed...:cool:

BTW, we have the same tv channel over here, but a Hungarian version - with similar level of professionalism.

We're going to see the same band ???? :punk: :punk:

I'll see one night of queen at the 5th of feb. !!! I so can't wait ! You saw them before?:wub2:

That :punk: violetsky!!!!! You are gonna see them on MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

You have got to give me a review!!!! No, I have never seen them before - or any other tribute band for that matter!!!! I am so excited!

OK, I'm going to attempt tp post a few piccies of when I went to see Freddies house in London. I think it was 1996 when bereaved fans were scrawling all over his house wall. (now been removed)

LoganPlace-1.jpg

Shari,

When I saw your name withe a new post on the Q club I thought you had some tour news for us...My heart almost stopped...

Anyway, thanks for the pics. I have similar from the 90s, except for the panorama one, which is absolutely unique - thanks again..

and yes, all the graffiti was removed a long time ago and the walls are all empty.. maybe an occasional Freddie on the green door but you would never notice it was once his house..