From Big Girl to Lollipop Girl, Mika's Fat Club

jemmalee

Are you making sure you have plenty of things like protein, some carbohydrates and plenty of water??? It may jus be your body de-toxing, did u used to eat junk food all the time or has ur diet been ok in the past?

I used to eat quite irregularly. It wasn't all junk food but I think too much fat. I paid special attention during the last days that I drank enough water. So that must be ok. I just have to wait what the next days will bring. Thanks for your answer.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to eat quite irregularly. It wasn't all junk food but I think too much fat. I paid special attention during the last days that I drank enough water. So that must be ok. I just have to wait what the next days will bring. Thanks for your answer.

No probs, I suppose the best thing to do is avoid rich and salty foods and if u dont feel better in the next few days go to the doctor for advice!

Hey Robi. :wub2:

How are you doing? Miss you much. I would love to have that diet too. Please. :) I'm kinda bored with all mine.

I forgot to bring my water to class today. UGH!!! :thumbdown: I normally drink a ton of water. What in the world am I going to do? :sneaky2:

give me time and i'll send you my diet, i have to translate it a bit!

it works....

blood sweat and tears! don't forget! :thumb_yello:

Hey Robi. :wub2:

How are you doing? Miss you much. I would love to have that diet too. Please. :) I'm kinda bored with all mine.

I forgot to bring my water to class today. UGH!!! :thumbdown: I normally drink a ton of water. What in the world am I going to do? :sneaky2:

hi charlie!

i think you are a very beautiful and sexy big girl....some big girls must remain big! it's their 'charme'!!!

but ok, if you want, i'll give you the diet...just be patient, as i'm home from the super and need to get all that horrible diet food in the fridge! :naughty:

see you sooon!

I've decided to cut chocolate. I have about 3 or more bits of chocolate a day (to small chocolate bars, to chocolate bars, to chocolate yoghurts, to chocolate sweets..). It's terrible. While I'm at your average UK dress size 10-12, it's not really healthy for my height. I am five foot and my weight should be in the seven-eight stone area. Last time I checked, I was nearly 10 stone. I didn't check before I quit chocolate because I'd probably depress myself lol. I know some of you may be more heavier than me, but that's how I feel. I need to lose that weight to be healthy, whether Mika thinks Big Girls Are Beautiful or not :roftl:

If i DO have chocolate, it will only be a weight watchers brand or dark chocolate, as dark chocolate is healthier than Milk chocolate.

I binge on chocolate a lot of the time, and I've only quit it for about three days so far. Yesterday I had a weight watchers brownie, but they're not big.

Today, I had:

breakfast: cereal (coco pops...i know it's chocolaty but its the only cereal i like OKAY)

lunch: cheese and pickle sandwich with Pro-Activ butter and a Babybel (i like my cheese lol)

usually I would have a chocolate biscuit with that or something, and that would be my lunch, but to curb my hunger and cravings I had:

a banana, a nectarine and some grapes, instead.

I find myself a lot more hungry without chocolate but that's okay, because hopefully my body will be eating all that excess fat. I'd never starve myself, I couldn't do. I don't want to be an anorexic Lollipop Girl :roftl:

and for dinner I had a roast:

beef, yorkshire pudding, gravy, carrots, brocolli and mash potato.

no chocolate after.

so the only chocolate ive had, really, is coco pops. Which is barely anything. I need to start drinking more so I can flush out my system more regularly.

Awe Robi,

You are so sweet. :wub2: But, it's more than just losing weight for me. All my family is big and they all have co-morbidities now such as diabetes, high blood pressure..etc. I don't want to go there. It really scares me. So, I'm so proud of the 50 lbs I have lost and I can't wait for y'all to meet the skinny, beautiful, sexy me. :blush-anim-cl: I promise, she's just as 'charme'!!

Oh, and Of course, I will need a before and after pic with Mika. I have the before...now, my goal will be to get the after. :naughty:

*waves* to Kath!! Oh, there's Caz too. Hi!! Good luck today/tonight.

hi charlie!

i think you are a very beautiful and sexy big girl....some big girls must remain big! it's their 'charme'!!!

but ok, if you want, i'll give you the diet...just be patient, as i'm home from the super and need to get all that horrible diet food in the fridge! :naughty:

see you sooon!

Chocolate is one of the big bads for me, but I'm also a big (pun intended) cake and biscuit eater. I love sweet things.... But it's about changing my mindset. Not thinking "ooh, I can't have that", but instead thinking "do I really want that? Do I really need that? If I do really want it, is there a healthier option available?"

Please ladies, don't beat yourselves up over things. If you look back in your day and you ate something that wasn't necessarily the most nutritious choice, don't let it defeat you. I think that's one of the tricks of making a life change as opposed to the dieting mindset. These are habits to cultivate for life, not just so many months of self-imposed punishment. If you have a moment of weakness, so what? Don't use it as an excuse to chuck the whole day and have a binge cos you feel so bad about what you did. That just makes it worse. Instead just accept that you ate "blah" (whatever it was), it tasted good and you enjoyed it, and maybe someday you might have some more. (not the very next day though!) It's not a good idea to put something on the banned list, it just makes you want it more...

On a kind of different note.... Is anyone up for the sharing of recipes? I have some Australian books with really good recipes for weight loss in them, plus I have some American books that I don't understand what some of the ingredients translate as to obtain an Australian substitute, and have a great U.K. book but find some of the ingredients unavailable here and you can't substitute these things. Now, I really need to go have breakfast and break the fast to kick start my metabolism for the day.

Robi - I'd like a copy of your diet also. I'm going to try water areobics see if that helps. I've been walking about 2 miles a day but haven't done anything else so hopefully the water areobics will do both. My main problem is I have no will power. So, hopefully with everyone's help I can do it....this time.

Ricki

hihihihihiiiiiihhhhh

kath

ciao!

no problems guys i'm here to loose weight seriously!

caz

i think you are in the right path....and i know what doing without chocolate means! pure terror!:shocked:

so, for who's interested, here's my diet..but please know that what is good for me at 48 is not exactly good for younger ppl, with different way of life..or for ppl who need to loose lots of kilos (don't ask me for stones, i'm totally challenged without my metric system!).

but maybe you can get some useful hints.

getting up from bed

2 glasses of water

breakfast

milk and coffe with no sugar (yes for atificial sweetener)

2/3 rusks (hope i got the right translation)

10 am

water

11 am

1/2 rusks

or

2/3 crackers

lunch

-raw vegetables (80/100 gramms) with little olive oil

-rice or pasta (50/60 gramms) with tomato or cooked vegetables, 2 little spoons of olive oil, spices or flavourings as you like

- bread 30 gramms

3 pm

water

4 pm

1 piece of fruit

5.30 or 6.30 pm

raw vegetables

or

2/3 crackers

dinner

- 1 cup of vegetable broth

- whatever kind of low fat meat or fish, grilled or steamed, with little raw olive oil, spices or flavouring as you like

or

2 eggs

- cooked vegetables, one little spoon of olive oil, little salt

- bread 40/50 gramms

ok???????????? blood sweat and tears...remember...

and

if you are starving to death you can have

- 1/2 pieces of fruit or

- raw vegetables or

- no sweetened tea or

- water

OF COURSE, this is for an italian, with her own times of feeding!

i know you have different times in the uk....

so

i'm doing this

and i know that

i will be very BBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD tempered the following days/months!!!!! :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Robi - I'd like a copy of your diet also. I'm going to try water areobics see if that helps. I've been walking about 2 miles a day but haven't done anything else so hopefully the water areobics will do both. My main problem is I have no will power. So, hopefully with everyone's help I can do it....this time.

Ricki

Gosh, if you can walk two miles a day, you have will power! Just got to harness it and channel it towards making healthy choices. Go Ricki! *cheers*

hihihihihiiiiiihhhhh

kath

ciao!

no problems guys i'm here to loose weight seriously!

caz

i think you are in the right path....and i know what doing without chocolate means! pure terror!:shocked:

so, for who's interested, here's my diet..but please know that what is good for me at 48 is not exactly good for younger ppl, with different way of life..or for ppl who need to loose lots of kilos (don't ask me for stones, i'm totally challenged without my metric system!).

but maybe you can get some useful hints.

getting up from bed

2 glasses of water

breakfast

milk and coffe with no sugar (yes for atificial sweetener)

2/3 rusks (hope i got the right translation)

10 am

water

11 am

1/2 rusks

or

2/3 crackers

lunch

-raw vegetables (80/100 gramms) with little olive oil

-rice or pasta (50/60 gramms) with tomato or cooked vegetables, 2 little spoons of olive oil, spices or flavourings as you like

- bread 30 gramms

3 pm

water

4 pm

1 piece of fruit

5.30 or 6.30 pm

raw vegetables

or

2/3 crackers

dinner

- 1 cup of vegetable broth

- whatever kind of low fat meat or fish, grilled or steamed, with little raw olive oil, spices or flavouring as you like

or

2 eggs

- cooked vegetables, one little spoon of olive oil, little salt

- bread 40/50 gramms

ok???????????? blood sweat and tears...remember...

and

if you are starving to death you can have

- 1/2 pieces of fruit or

- raw vegetables or

- no sweetened tea or

- water

OF COURSE, this is for an italian, with her own times of feeding!

i know you have different times in the uk....

so

i'm doing this

and i know that

i will be very BBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD tempered the following days/months!!!!! :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Robi I don't get what rusks are. Here in Aus, rusks are something babies use for teething... They don't actually eat them per se, they more chew on them.

Robi - thanks for the encouragement!

but don't forget sweetie, that everyone eats differently than Italians. You guys barely have anything for breakfast, but a HUUUUUUGE lunch that can last hours, and a dinner that's really late :shocked:

omg when i went to Italy in 06 i was so stunned at how much you guys ate :shocked: i dreaded every meal, cos it was all i seemed to do when i was there! EAT!

Chocolate is one of the big bads for me, but I'm also a big (pun intended) cake and biscuit eater. I love sweet things.... But it's about changing my mindset. Not thinking "ooh, I can't have that", but instead thinking "do I really want that? Do I really need that? If I do really want it, is there a healthier option available?"

Please ladies, don't beat yourselves up over things. If you look back in your day and you ate something that wasn't necessarily the most nutritious choice, don't let it defeat you. I think that's one of the tricks of making a life change as opposed to the dieting mindset. These are habits to cultivate for life, not just so many months of self-imposed punishment. If you have a moment of weakness, so what? Don't use it as an excuse to chuck the whole day and have a binge cos you feel so bad about what you did. That just makes it worse. Instead just accept that you ate "blah" (whatever it was), it tasted good and you enjoyed it, and maybe someday you might have some more. (not the very next day though!) It's not a good idea to put something on the banned list, it just makes you want it more...

Oh I'm not beating myself up over it lol. I'd never have an eating disorder or anything. I'm just trying to be firmer with myself and just trying to cut the crap. Thing is, i CAN go without chocolate, but once i get that taste I can't stop. I give in far too easily so now I'm just training myself to exchange chocolate for something else.

Robi - thanks for the encouragement!

but don't forget sweetie, that everyone eats differently than Italians. You guys barely have anything for breakfast, but a HUUUUUUGE lunch that can last hours, and a dinner that's really late :shocked:

omg when i went to Italy in 06 i was so stunned at how much you guys ate :shocked: i dreaded every meal, cos it was all i seemed to do when i was there! EAT!

you are right, times are different and the way of having meals too.

but what you need to avoid is the same, no sweets/cakes/sugar and little fat.

use the simplest way of cooking food and eat at regular times.

of course you need more calories than i do, so my diet could be really too strict for you!

you are right, times are different and the way of having meals too.

but what you need to avoid is the same, no sweets/cakes/sugar and little fat.

use the simplest way of cooking food and eat at regular times.

of course you need more calories than i do, so my diet could be really too strict for you!

xD

i have tried cutting down on the choc and stuff but it never really worked. my mum does the food shopping and ive told her countless times to stop buying crap, and she was like "oh but there's other people in the house" and i was just like "but hardly anyone eats it...and we only eat it anyway because it's there and it tempts us."

:sneaky2:

Hello Fat Fighters!

I had quite a good day today until about half an hour ago. I had a mini Xmas pudding:sneaky2: I am very cross with myself and it wasn't even that nice (but it smelt divine:naughty:)

My main problem now is work. I travel a lot and food on the go is not good and I visit hair salons where real coffee with cream and sugar is the norm (and the coffee is normally served with biscuits or chocolate). It's far too temping and I must have more will power. I had 4 coffees today (but I normally have about 8 LOL) but no biscuits, I restrained myself:naughty: