Mika Number 4 Anti-Icon

Aaurora

Amy's hubby voted top anti-icon

03/01/08 | 18:03

http://www.online.ie/Home/News.aspx?newsId=1011778

Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil has been voted Britain's top Anti-Icon.

Readers of men's magazine Arena compiled a list of "witless" male celebrities who least deserve their place in the spotlight.

Fielder-Civil - currently on remand in Pentonville Prison awaiting trial - headed the top 10.

"If your wife is partial to a nice bit of heroin then you should probably help her out by abstaining from drugs yourself, not standing on the sidelines chanting: 'Plunge it down, you Zulu warrior' or whatever it is junkies shout to egg each other on," said the magazine, which dubbed him the "worst husband ever".

It also derided his fashion sense, noting that "along with fellow hat-botherer Pete Doherty, Fielder-Civil has made the trilby untouchable for any self-respecting gent".

Second on the list was Banksy, the graffiti artist who counts Angelina Jolie and Jude Law among his fans.

"Banksy is mainly lauded by sixth formers whose minds are so fogged by hormones that they believe that stencils of policemen kissing passes for caustic social commentary.

"Less enamoured with his work are the taxpayers who spend £1bn (€1.3bn) cleaning graffiti in the UK each year, money which would arguably be better spent paying nurses, or even gay policemen," Arena said.

England and Chelsea footballer Frank Lampard was third, accused of "failing the country" with his lacklustre display in the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

Falsetto-voiced singer Mika was fourth, followed by daytime TV host Jeremy Kyle.

Peter Andre was sixth for forming "half of Britain's most over-exposed couple" with glamour model wife Jordan, and ex-Big Brother housemate Ziggy was seventh.

Pop star Prince was eighth thanks to his "control freakery" in banning fans from taking his picture during his UK shows.

TV presenting duo Ant and Dec were ninth after their Saturday Night Takeaway and Gameshow Marathon programmes were revealed to have rigged phone-ins, and Top Gear's Richard Hammond was tenth, accused of "cashing in" on his near-death crash.

The list was voted for by readers at http://www.arenamagazine.co.uk. The full list appears in the January issue of Arena, on sale now.

Top 10 Anti-Icons

1 Blake Fielder-Civil

2 Banksy

3 Frank Lampard

4 Mika

5 Jeremy Kyle

6 Peter Andre

7 Ziggy

8 Prince

9 Ant and Dec

10 Richard Hammond

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon..........funny how they don't give a reason for him to be an 'anti-icon'. I think someone that has had such a sad upbringing as him (e.g. dyslexic, left school at 11, father was kidnapped, bullied etc) to get as far as he has gotten is an incredible feat and he is an inspiration to so many people.

So the justification, if it exists, is "falsetto-voiced". O.o Right.

Not only is his inclusion in an "anti-icon" list stupid anyway (I can mildly understand an "annoying" one, since some people just don't like his singing), but to be ranked above ultimate celebrity-wannabes like Ziggy and the self-obsessed Jeremy Kyle is ridiculous.

This sort of stuff annoys me even more than ignorant YouTube comments >_>

who is? It's a british men chart..:bleh:

btw..it's a good result isn't it? Mika The Anti X-factor, here he is!:naughty:

he used to be in a crappy boy band that didn't last very long, and he was in big brother :thumbdown:

he used to be in a crappy boy band that didn't last very long, and he was in big brother :thumbdown:

And remember the months after Big Brother - him and Channelle would be in the papers non-stop, getting engaged one day, breaking up the other... :rolleyes:

Remember, this is a men's magazine.

They are quite simply insanely jealous of Mika's looks and effect on women.

Whenever anyone slags Mika off, especially another man, my husband always says this, that it is jealousy.

So go ahead guys, be jealous: you should be!! :naughty:

Whenever anyone slags Mika off, especially another man, my husband always says this, that it is jealousy.

Your husband is damn right:biggrin2:

They're just intimidated by his talent, intelligence, looks, etc...

Mika's songs are truly beautiful and his voice is so strong it takes my breath away.

What has Mika done wrong? If the general public agreed with Arena, then why did he reach No 1 with Grace Kelly? Someone who wins at the World Music Awards does not record 'awful' music. GO MIKA!

"'Grace Kelly' singer Mika took fourth spot because of his ability to "make the nation rip off their ears with wretched, panicked fingernails and fill the bloodied holes with Polyfilla".

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Blake+FielderCivil-19083.html

:naughty:

The power of the male falsetto, eh? It makes people invent utter b******t sentences like the one above!

there's nothing wrong in being an anti icon. I don't think he aims to be, nor we aim him to be. I know I don't. :mf_rosetinted:

what bothers me is the people they associated him with, some of them at least. prince is also another one who shouldn't be associated with those..

Seriously though, what is it that gets up people's noses so much about Mika?

It surely is NOT just that he sings with a high voice, which some people don't like.

What is it about him that so many people loathe? It interests me, as a psychological issue.

The idea that someone, like me and all of us here, can find him so incredible, and yet the next person can find him loathsome. Why is that? I ponder this a lot.

*ponders*

You can say, it's a matter of personal taste, but that seems too simple to me. There is something else. And I still thing ultimately it boils down to envy.

Negative publicity is publicity...but come on:blink: The reason is simply pathetic:naughty:

You both are right.

That's a very stupid ranking where the men who voted show their jealousy. My boyfriend would have voted Mika in the first place, I can tell!

Amy's hubby voted top anti-icon

03/01/08 | 18:03

http://www.online.ie/Home/News.aspx?newsId=1011778

Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil has been voted Britain's top Anti-Icon.

Readers of men's magazine Arena compiled a list of "witless" male celebrities who least deserve their place in the spotlight.

Fielder-Civil - currently on remand in Pentonville Prison awaiting trial - headed the top 10.

"If your wife is partial to a nice bit of heroin then you should probably help her out by abstaining from drugs yourself, not standing on the sidelines chanting: 'Plunge it down, you Zulu warrior' or whatever it is junkies shout to egg each other on," said the magazine, which dubbed him the "worst husband ever".

It also derided his fashion sense, noting that "along with fellow hat-botherer Pete Doherty, Fielder-Civil has made the trilby untouchable for any self-respecting gent".

Second on the list was Banksy, the graffiti artist who counts Angelina Jolie and Jude Law among his fans.

"Banksy is mainly lauded by sixth formers whose minds are so fogged by hormones that they believe that stencils of policemen kissing passes for caustic social commentary.

"Less enamoured with his work are the taxpayers who spend £1bn (€1.3bn) cleaning graffiti in the UK each year, money which would arguably be better spent paying nurses, or even gay policemen," Arena said.

England and Chelsea footballer Frank Lampard was third, accused of "failing the country" with his lacklustre display in the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

Falsetto-voiced singer Mika was fourth, followed by daytime TV host Jeremy Kyle.

Peter Andre was sixth for forming "half of Britain's most over-exposed couple" with glamour model wife Jordan, and ex-Big Brother housemate Ziggy was seventh.

Pop star Prince was eighth thanks to his "control freakery" in banning fans from taking his picture during his UK shows.

TV presenting duo Ant and Dec were ninth after their Saturday Night Takeaway and Gameshow Marathon programmes were revealed to have rigged phone-ins, and Top Gear's Richard Hammond was tenth, accused of "cashing in" on his near-death crash.

The list was voted for by readers at http://www.arenamagazine.co.uk. The full list appears in the January issue of Arena, on sale now.

Top 10 Anti-Icons

1 Blake Fielder-Civil

2 Banksy

3 Frank Lampard

4 Mika

5 Jeremy Kyle

6 Peter Andre

7 Ziggy

8 Prince

9 Ant and Dec

10 Richard Hammond

I have left a comment on the site. I hope other Mika fans will do the same, because what they have written about him on the site, is an insult and disgraceful. They say the nation have finally succeeded in ripping off their ears and filling them with pollyfilla!!

Love today, from Marilyn