Mika @ Maxim's, Rallye Vendôme, Paris

Niki27

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with him doing private gigs. An Australian band copped a lot of flack for doing a few private gigs, as much as 2 in a day (Sneaky Sound System, if anyone wants to know) and there was speculations that they made $500,000 per gig. But you have to remember not the full total goes to them, there's managers etc.

But I say good on him. If he can do private gigs and make money that most of us peasants could only dream about, why not? I would do it, too :D

Who knows how long Mika is going to be popular for anyway? In 2 years time, maybe he will only get $2000 for doing a private gig. Milk it while it's good, baby!!!

But...perhaps if he spent less time doing that, he'd make his way over to Australia quicker LOLOL

Which is not much less than I earn to live for the whole year. Sorry, IMHO he's well off.

Although it does say in the Times Online report:

He went to Westminster School, where a teacher showed him how to use visual aids to overcome his dyslexia, and the dunce turned into a straight-As student – despite twice being asked to leave when the family funds ran dry.

sometimes you can have very few money, but in the case there are still upper-class friends/familiars willing to help you...I mean, relationships are important too

the article shows the Pennimans had difficoult to keep their comfortable standards of life...it's not what I call poverty

sometimes you can have very few money, but in the case there are still upper-class friends/familiars willing to help you...I mean, relationships are important too

the article shows the Pennimans had difficoult to keep their comfortable standards of life...it's not what I call poverty

Hell no! I have much, much less than them, but still I wouldn't call my situation poverty either.

My heart's still not bleeding - sell the multi million pound house, that would put a bit of cash in the bank.

If it were me I would have taken the kid out of the £15K/yr school. I mean look at him now. All he does is bang on a keyboard and jump around in a chicken suit. Not worth selling the house over. :mf_rosetinted:

If it were me I would have taken the kid out of the £15K/yr school. I mean look at him now. All he does is bang on a keyboard and jump around in a chicken suit. Not worth selling the house over. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

i would say he got the house back jumping around in the chicken suit... and more than just the house !

• 2 weeks later...

"Mika offers a private concert at Maxim's.

The secret has been kept until the end... Mika made a surprise appearance at the Rally Vendôme private party organized in Paris at Maxim's at the end of december. He arrives with a mask, as required by the theme of the party, the singer then made the show for almost 1 hour. Ace."

Mika gave a private gig at Maxim's (a very famous and posh restaurant in Paris) on December 22 for what we call a "rallye": a private party organised for the golden youth.

Here's a tiny vid:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=80lnih3&s

Mika in a rallye ? :blink: it sounds even posher :naughty:

But,men, I know ppl who organize rallye are rich,but,still,they must have spend A LOT !!

I know it all about rallyes. I'm a posh and rich girl :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Nu-huh. If that were true, Mika would be singing in my living room right now :naughty:

But I do know people who have rallye's organized by their mummies and dadies at school (I'm in a posh/private/catholic school )

They often dance old fashioned dances like tango or twist etc... but alcohol is forbidden (or maybe just a glass of champagne) and they also like to laugh about how rich they are (well maybe not.)

But that's brand new for me, I didn't hear it in the news :blink:

That's not very expensive when it comes to schooling though... is it? icon_redface.gif

In the UK, it is generally seen as very expensive, yes. Most students go to non-fee paying school (whether they be normal state ones or grammar schools), and those who go to other private schools usually pay less than 10k a year. Schools like Eton, Westminster and Winchester charge more because they're seen as traditionally "elite" and exclusive.

In the UK, it is generally seen as very expensive, yes. Most students go to non-fee paying school (whether they be normal state ones or grammar schools), and those who go to other private schools usually pay less than 10k a year. Schools like Eton, Westminster and Winchester charge more because they're seen as traditionally "elite" and exclusive.

That's the same as in Norway, free state and grammar schools for everyone.. but for private schools that's not over the top expensive really.. Some of the schools I've gone to have cost pretty much the same as the one mentioned earlier here.

That's the same as in Norway, free state and grammar schools for everyone.. but for private schools that's not over the top expensive really.. Some of the schools I've gone to have cost pretty much the same as the one mentioned earlier here.

Lucky you! I don't earn much more than that , and I have to pay a mortgage, utility bills, maintain a car, feed and clothe myself. Good job I don't have a child who wants go to Westminster School. They'd have to want.

I know it's just a short clip but I got the feeling from it that he didn't seem ...I dunno, all that bothered, he didn't look his usual self so maybe he didn't really enjoy doing it.

But there ARE enough MFCers to hire him for our own private gig lol so come ppl start saving and we can afford him this time next year. :naughty: