Country Cliché's

AnnaMariaPetra

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you, AMP? I just present the entire roll or package and my guests can take as much as they like. :naughty:

But it's true, it's typical Dutch to present just one cookie or biscuit. 'Koekje d'r bij?' :naughty:

I will stuff my guests! If we have a birthday-party or something I always buy too much of everything. I am always afraid I don't have enough for the guests.

Tea:

Normal tea I would say most people drink with milk, the amount varys but not very much.

Earl or Lady Grey i recommend with lemon or honey

Sugar optional.

Stereotypes:

Welsh are ermm...overly fond of sheep.

English are football hooligans

Speaking of tea:

Every time I asked for tea without milk (and sugar) in Australia the Ozzies replied with: 'Ah, Dutch tea'. :naughty:

And in a pub in Birmingham (where I had to wait for my connecting bus) they once gave me a nice flowered mug of tea for free for that reason: 'I won't charge you for a cup of hot water!' :naughty:

Speaking of tea:

Every time I asked for tea without milk (and sugar) in Australia the Ozzies replied with: 'Ah, Dutch tea'. :naughty:

And in a pub in Birmingham (where I had to wait for my connecting bus) they once gave me a nice flowered mug of tea for free for that reason: 'I won't charge you for a cup of hot water!' :naughty:

That's weird... Never heard that before...

And if we are talking about sport anyway: the Dutch are very good at Ice Skating. Two European Champions yesterday in Russia. Ireen Wust and Sven Kramer:thumb_yello:

Congratulations !!!!:thumb_yello:

I love ice skating !!!It's my favorite sport !!!:blush-anim-cl:

England ....

We are all football hooligans

We only eat fish and chips

The main topic of conversation is the weather <cold isnt it brrrr brrrr>

We are awkward and want to stay an island and keep away from the rest of europe

Everyone is obsessed with the Queen

For the English .. France is seen of great food and garlic :roftl:

Ok some stuff I found ...

The oft-hilarious caricature of the typical Belgian that emerges is of a hermetically private food-lover with a penchant for building houses and garden sheds – and decorating them with fake ornaments – who harbours an innate distrust of authority and engages in the national pastime of evading taxes and doing things “in the black”.

Distinguishing mark of Belgians – particularly compared with their neighbours – is their modesty and the fact that they do not go around advertising themselves, to the extent that they often undersell themselves and their achievements.

As everyone knows, Belgians have a brick in their stomach.

:mf_rosetinted:

http://users.skynet.be/diab/Belgium/nationality.htm

----------------

This one's interesting:

"I'm not European but live in Europe, and from what I've gathered, Belgians are to Europeans like Polish are to Americans."

Maybe one of the Americans can explain how they feel about the Polish then, cause I don't get it:naughty:

---------------

And then this:

Belgians: the worlds most infuriating bureaucrats, who think that rules solve problems.