Country Cliché's

AnnaMariaPetra

hat_corks_lg.jpg

Let me find one...

This is a cork hat... I bought one for Freddie just like this one...

slouch%20hat.jpg

I love that you guys came up with the identical hat ... and that I own the same one:

hatxk3.jpg

Can anyone say 'mass-produced tourist fodder'?

They were originally to ward off flies, but if anyone wore one in public now, as so eloquently put:

they'd look like tools...

We have flyspray here now.

I've eaten the cliché at lunchtime

lunchAnneke11-01-08002.jpg

Cheese-sandwich...very dutch

LOL! (jeez, your making me feel un-australian, I've been basically raised on dutch cliches), and you have the same themed-things as me:

tabletr6.jpg

I've always wondered how my parents managed to get an entire matching dining-set, don't tell me it is in someway typically dutch?

yup! kinda, there's butter too! I prefer cheese and cucumber sandwiches!!

I am currently hooked on cucumber and tomato sandwiches ... such a perfect mix of taste and crunch ...

*suddenly feels like a cucumber and tomato sandwich*

Goldmember: "Austin powers father."

Dr. Evil: "His what?"

Number Two (Robert Wagner): "His fasha, Dr. Evil."

Dr. Evil: "His farger? What's a farger?"

Goldmember: "His father. Yeah, the father."

Dr. Evil: "Yeah, Goldmember, I don't speak freaky deaky dutch. Okay, perve boy."

Goldmember: "Father is dad. Dad is father."

Dr. Evil: "Oh, his dad. Oh, his father."

Goldmember: "Yes, I have a dutch accent. Isn't that weird?"

Oooh nooo, this sounds like my mother. Frankly it can be rather embarrasing sometimes.

And here's my Australia-cliche addition:

steve-irwin-dead.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno for Norway? :blink: xD

I dunno for Estonia either. Only that lots of people think that Estonians are all cold and serious and not the kindest people. :naughty:

I don't remember where I read it but it was a foreigner talking about Estonians...something like "If you go and shake their hand they pull it away as quickly as possible. If you want to hug them, they run like the wind and stare angrily at you." :naughty:

And also that Estonians are pretty shy at first, but when they go crazy then they go CRAZY. :naughty:

I think it's not totally wrong though. But saying that all Estonians are like that is totally far fetched. :naughty:

You all have quite a lot of cliché's about your own country, but what I also ment was: Do you have any cliché-thought about foreign countries? Like (and I am defenitly NOT saying they'r true!!) the french are arrogant, the belgiums aren't very bright, the italians are womanizers, the english are stiff, the chinese all look-a-like, etc etc. (Oops: I realized those things are all negative, sorry:blink: )

:naughty: :naughty:

Belgians aren't very bright? We say that about the Dutch.

But we are always drunk of course.:wink2:

LOL! (jeez, your making me feel un-australian, I've been basically raised on dutch cliches), and you have the same themed-things as me:

tabletr6.jpg

I've always wondered how my parents managed to get an entire matching dining-set, don't tell me it is in someway typically dutch?

Are you from Dutch descendants?

We aren't very bright? (I'm Dutch):naughty: That's certainly a thing thats not true...

Well, I cant think of some cliches about other countries, but most people here think that they are all rich and like rap and bling and use drugs and stuff.:naughty:

Most people here think Belgians are stupid and eat chips a lot.

I read somewhere that they think in other countries we cycle and steal bikes a lot.:roftl: And all the other things AMP said of course.

Well, let me make this clear:

I don't like cheese that much, I'm not a junk, nobody I know wears clogs, including myslef, I don't live in a windmill, etc.

LETS SEE

We live in Igloos. All of us go eh??????

it snows all year round....

Our mascots are Bob and Doug Mackenzie ( although that would be funny)

We say "aboot"

Take off, hosehead. You forgot about the fact that Canadians don't have cars so we take dogsleds to get places, how we eat maple syrup all day, watch hockey 24/7 and keep moose and beavers as pets. :thumb_yello:

I dunno for Norway? :blink: xD

Clearly, being from Norway, you are in fact a Viking who farms Reindeer and wears one of these:

6full.gif

Oh, and everyone in Norway is blonde with blue eyes. No exceptions. :naughty:

Hmm I never heard of belgians calling the dutch dumb, but, a big cliché around here is that they are "miserly" 'gierig' and are very loud... But the last thing is just a fact compared to us belgians the dutch are just very loud, no point in denying that :naughty:

Hmm I never heard of belgians calling the dutch dumb, but, a big cliché around here is that they are "miserly" 'gierig' and are very loud... But the last thing is just a fact compared to us belgians the dutch are just very loud, no point in denying that :naughty:

I'm afraid I have to admit that the Dutch are indeed louder than the Belgians. (I'm the exception of course. :bleh:)

in our jokes Belgians are always the dumb ones :naughty:

We Germans are very well organised. And Germany as a whole consists only of Bavaria. We have no holidays apart from the Oktoberfest and we wear Knickerbockers and Dirndls all day and only eat Sauerkraut with Weißwurst. Which brings me again to the point that Germany only consists of Bavaria :sneaky2: .

We Germans are very well organised. And Germany as a whole consists only of Bavaria. We have no holidays apart from the Oktoberfest and we wear Knickerbockers and Dirndls all day and only eat Sauerkraut with Weißwurst. Which brings me again to the point that Germany only consists of Bavaria :sneaky2: .

And what about the Bratwurst?:naughty: