superstitions are us!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom's really supersticious. I bought an awesome, polkadot umbrella, and I opened it in the house to show my brother in law, and my mom flipped out. She was like ":shocked: Whatever you do, at LEAST don't put it over your head."

Don't walk under a ladder,

black cats are evil,

don't lay a hat on a bed,

don't lay anything on top of a Bible (except another Bible)

eat pork and saurkraut on New Years

eat something green on Good Friday

eat chicken on New Years = bad luck.

It's no wonder I have obsessive compulsive disorder.

I wear a bracelet with a blue bead to keep witches away.. I'm such a loser :naughty: But I remember reading somewhere that a bracelet with one blue bead would portect from witches, so I made one and have been wearing it for years. It's lost atm, though. :roftl:

I don't know. Maybe that "When a black cat crosses the road then it's bad." I usually close my eyes then or look in the other direction.

I have more things to keep in mind because of my tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny OCD, not so much because of superstition. :bleh:

My mom's really supersticious. I bought an awesome, polkadot umbrella, and I opened it in the house to show my brother in law, and my mom flipped out. She was like ":shocked: Whatever you do, at LEAST don't put it over your head."

black cats are evil,

opening umbrellas indors is not bad luck. look at mika. he opened a brollie in grace kelly and that song was in the charts for an age!!!i know what you mean about the bible coz my family is a huge christian family since far back in time.

pfui superstitions:cool:

anyway, these runs in my granny's house:boxed:

-violet is the color of death

-don't tip over the salt!!! {O SANTA MARIA} pick up it and throw it away behind your back!!

-wake up with the right foot{always the left}:naughty:

-put some champagne behind the ears for luck

-wear red undies on xmas

-wear new stuff on NYE

-touch something made of iron when you hear an ambulance

and many others:roftl:

black cats are evil,

:roftl: I broke so many of your superstitions.

I have a few:

-don't split the pole

-don't walk under a ladder

-don't open an umbrella in the house

I know there's more I just can't think of.

You know how you might say something to jinx your self so you quickly *knock on wood*? thats one and then when the clock is at 11:11 i always make a wish. Personally, i think the number 13 is good luck though. I read somewhere that it used to mean good luck a long time ago.:wink2:

Yeah, he obviously doesn't follow the superstition about opening an umbrella/holding an open umbrella over your head while indoors since he seems to do it at every gig. Maybe that'a why he's always ill :blink:

I knew it.:blink:

Mika, don't tamper with that darkside, child.

I'm not really superstitious!

I was always taught a black cat crossing your path is lucky! But then again I'm Pagan so that fits for me.

I never thought about Mika and the umbrella, we need to tell him to change his routine! :P (I'm only joking I love the umbrella part!)

I don't know if this is a supersition or OCD, but if I wear a certain pair of clothing on a certain day and my day goes well then I'll wear the same certain clothing everyday. I'll also use the same shampoo for good luck, because I'm scared everything will go wrong if I use Head and Shoulders or something. Do I have issues?:blink:

I don't know if this is a supersition or OCD, but if I wear a certain pair of clothing on a certain day and my day goes well then I'll wear the same certain clothing everyday. I'll also use the same shampoo for good luck, because I'm scared everything will go wrong if I use Head and Shoulders or something. Do I have issues?:blink:

Yes but we love you even more because of them. :wink2:

no. your as normal as i am. (starts singing "on the good ship lollipop it's a sweet trip to thye candie shop)

i love your signiture btw.

Yes but we love you even more because of them. :wink2:

no. your as normal as i am. (starts singing "on the good ship lollipop it's a sweet trip to thye candie shop)

i love your signiture btw.

I don't believe in these kind of things, but I find them so funny :roftl:

- Don't walk under a ladder

- Black Cats = bad luck

- Wear blue underwear on New Year's Eve

- Spiders = money (WTF? I'll never be rich, then...)

- Never lay your purse/wallet/whatever on the floor (= losing money)

- Open an umbrella in the house = bringing rain

- Eat 12 raisins at midnight on New Year's Eve = luck for the new year (I tried that once...yuck! :blink: )

- Find a coin in the street = luck

And I know more, I just can't remember them now... :wink2:

I don't believe in these kind of things, but I find them so funny :roftl:

- Don't walk under a ladder

- Black Cats = bad luck

- Wear blue underwear on New Year's Eve

- Spiders = money (WTF? I'll never be rich, then...)

- Never lay your purse/wallet/whatever on the floor (= losing money)

- Open an umbrella in the house = bringing rain

- Eat 12 raisins at midnight on New Year's Eve = luck for the new year (I tried that once...yuck! :blink: )

- Find a coin in the street = luck

haha, some of these are kind of funny...

And I know more, I just can't remember them now... :wink2:

Somethings wrong with me! i read the first one about the lader like 5 times and i thought it said "up" instead of under...

spiders= rich? hello. I think someone living in a spider infested home was trying to make themselves feel better...

twelve raisins? I've heard of trying to shove grapes in your mouth- is this a deflated version of that? (Never done it though. I'm afraid of choking and dying and wow...i'm sorry but choking on twelve grapes on new years is not my idea of a heroic way to go)

1- Don't walk under a ladder

2- Black Cats = bad luck

3- Wear blue underwear on New Year's Eve

4- Spiders = money (WTF? I'll never be rich, then...)

5- Never lay your purse/wallet/whatever on the floor (= losing money)

6- Open an umbrella in the house = bringing rain

7- Eat 12 raisins at midnight on New Year's Eve = luck for the new year (I tried that once...yuck! :blink: )

8- Find a coin in the street = luck

1- Why not??

2- I want a black cat :wub2: And then I will call him Snowball or Pongo :wub2:

3- I don't have blue underwear

4- I hate spiders:shocked: Does that mean I hate money to??

5- Mine it lying on the floor all the time :roftl:

6- I don't have an umbrella ella ella

7- I ate more than 12 raisins is that good or bad??

8- I found a lot of coins on the street but never got any luck :blink:

And a lot of people think that Friday the 13th is a very unlucky day but for me its February the 14th (yes valentines day) That day is a real bad luck day for me, I lose stuff and I hurt myself multiple times on that day.

I don't belive in superstitions but my mum is very supestitious and belive in wierd things like, if a pigeon/bird flies into your house, then that means you'll have lots of money....so OPEN YOUR WINDOWS!!!!! :roftl: :roftl: