The No-D Team Thread

Christine

Setting specific guidelines is a really hard thing to do because like I said, where does one draw the line?

It is difficult to draw the line, but the line can't constantly be moving back and forth with no rhyme or reason. This exact topic was active for months and it was never closed. Why is it suddenly a cardinal sin?

I find that a bit hard to believe when I look at your opening post:

That's because there have been dozens of threads that are questionable. And many of them make me feel uncomfortable myself. That doesn't mean I was anticipating such an overreaction. Obviously I wouldn't have started the thread if I thought it was going to result in some of the younglings feel like they'd done something horribly wrong.

All I ask you to do is to think before you post. This is not directed to you personally Christine, this is a general remark aimed at every user here.

Take a minute to think and assess whether or not you'd like your 11 year old sister/cousin/daughter/whatever reading it.

That filter doesn't really work for me for various reasons but I'm not going to debate this point since it's not my place to decide what may be acceptable for other people's children.

If we are going to use that 11-year-old guideline in the way I imagine you mean, then this place needs to be cleaned up because a lot of what goes on here is not something most parents would be comfortable with. Posting pictures of Mika wearing tight pants should be the least of anyone's concerns.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god we have people swearing they'd die for free speech again. I thought we'd covered the fact that NO, we do NOT have free speech on this forum. If we did, people wouldn't have been banned for racist or bigoted or hateful language.

Annnnyway, the whole thing aside (most people know my stance on topics of this nature anyway), I just want to say...

well, okay, caveat, one small thing on-topic--that whole excuse of "But I'm sure he'd take it as a compliment"? Er, no. It has been put forth many a time on a number of topics and posts, and it has never, ever been remotely plausible to me. Or, I should think, to anybody not directly involved in the discussion. So I think if whenever you feel you have to defend yourselves with "but I'm sure he'd just laugh at it and take it as a compliment!" it's good to stop and consider for a moment, and realize that no, he won't.

Not to say he'll necessarily be horrified or cry over it, or (depending on what it is) even mind it all that much, but a compliment? Come on.

Riiiiight, back to what I was going to post originally... I think I'm a horrible person myself, because of the two first pics on the thread, I find the second one where he is all gangly-skinny instinctually so much more attractive.... agh, I'm attracted to ridiculously youngish-looking skinny boys apparently. :boxed:

--Jack

:lmfao: I know i'd never be able to stop looking at myself I were him..imagine being that hot..or even hot at all :lmao:

i couldn't even begin to say how wonderful that would be :wub2::naughty: i would make the fans SOOOO happy because i would take tons of pictures of myself

FYI: it's hard to pierce a pickle with a plastic fork :sneaky2:

Oh god we have people swearing they'd die for free speech again. I thought we'd covered the fact that NO, we do NOT have free speech on this forum. If we did, people wouldn't have been banned for racist or bigoted or hateful language.

Annnnyway, the whole thing aside (most people know my stance on topics of this nature anyway), I just want to say...

well, okay, caveat, one small thing on-topic--that whole excuse of "But I'm sure he'd take it as a compliment"? Er, no. It has been put forth many a time on a number of topics and posts, and it has never, ever been remotely plausible to me. Or, I should think, to anybody not directly involved in the discussion. So I think if whenever you feel you have to defend yourselves with "but I'm sure he'd just laugh at it and take it as a compliment!" it's good to stop and consider for a moment, and realize that no, he won't.

Not to say he'll necessarily be horrified or cry over it, or (depending on what it is) even mind it all that much, but a compliment? Come on.

Riiiiight, back to what I was going to post originally... I think I'm a horrible person myself, because of the two first pics on the thread, I find the second one where he is all gangly-skinny instinctually so much more attractive.... agh, I'm attracted to ridiculously youngish-looking skinny boys apparently. :boxed:

--Jack

Hahahahahaha, it's OK mika'll always be ganglyish unless he suddenly gains 200 pounds

i couldn't even begin to say how wonderful that would be :wub2::naughty: i would make the fans SOOOO happy because i would take tons of pictures of myself

FYI: it's hard to pierce a pickle with a plastic fork :sneaky2:

OR salad

one time *whispers* My fork broke into my salad and i used my friend's spoon to eat and everytime i'd bite i;d hear *CRUNCH CRUNCH* and then i'd glance down at my tongue with PRONGS lieing innocentky on it.

*gives Mika4Life13 and Christine a hug*

I'm not trying to flip out on either of ya.

I know. :wub2:

I understand where you're coming from. There's nothing wrong with people voicing disapproval of some of the things discussed on MFC. I got a PM from someone who is also concerned about the younglings and I respect that.

I am just bothered by the berating and guilt-tripping. It doesn't even work on me so I'm not sure what the point is. All it's doing is upsetting the people who are supposedly the focus of concern here.

i doubt it :bleh: i don't think mika has time and if he did he would probably just go straight to the mikagasmic pictures thread to look at his gorgeous self :naughty:

:naughty:

OR salad

one time *whispers* My fork broke into my salad and i used my friend's spoon to eat and everytime i'd bite i;d hear *CRUNCH CRUNCH* and then i'd glance down at my tongue with PRONGS lieing innocentky on it.

:roftl: if i ate salad i could SOOO see that happening to me :lmfao:

I don't think Mika knows or cares what goes on in this thread so his opinion should not be a factor in deciding what's appropriate on the forum.

I agree he wouldn't take it as a compliment though. :naughty:

You should be :mf_rosetinted:

because when you turn your back on them they break and enter your salad

i'm not so scared of them entering my salad but just the thought of them running into my pickle jar :tears:

i'll be frank. it's scares the living sh*t out of me!

I don't think Mika knows or cares what goes on in this thread so his opinion should not be a factor in deciding what's appropriate on the forum.

This is what separates us mere folk from the Big M himself.

He does not have time to have a 30 page discussion over his tucking method. Nor a 35 page discussion over why his Myspace was deleted.

Now we need to aspire to be more like Him! Rich, successful and ridiculously good looking ;)

Well, that's just for the people who say they'd like to keep him-as-a-person-etc in mind when they post, and yet troll up that excuse on a regular basis anyway. If you don't care what he would think of what you post, then you don't care. But if you do, don't delude yourself into thinking he'd be flattered by it.

--Jack

This is what separates us mere folk from the Big M himself.

He does not have time to have a 30 page discussion over his tucking method. Nor a 35 page discussion over why his Myspace was deleted.

Now we need to aspire to be more like Him! Rich, successful and ridiculously good looking ;)

Aaurora, the voice of the Wisdom, the new Lennon...you got absolutely the point darling! we're ust having fun, the great mika has a lfe of his own and it's not here anymore...