The No-D Team Thread

Christine

twas perhaps a tiny bit too much fun for my taste, probably why I didn't participate :bleh: I'm a bit old-fashioned, I usually stick to hints and innuendo :blush-anim-cl:

if i knew innuendoes i would have :roftl:

i'm really sorry everyone!!! if we get in trouble for it i'll take the blame :cheerful_h4h:

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a mod... this will be a collective decision.

As a user let me say this:

I am appalled to see what's going on on the forum lately. And this thread is just the last one in a series. I am not against innuendos, and I can be a perv too.

BUT

Seeing responsible people who spend their days claiming they respect Mika, that the boy deserves a private life, blablablablabla posting pics and launching a debate on his private parts in PUBLIC makes me sick.

Especially when there are some 13 year old people around.

I remember someone saying most MFCers were able of auto-moderate themselves... seems it's not the case.

Discussing his sexual orientation is one thing, and could be defended saying it's part of his personality, and therefore his music. But this time you gals are talking about sthg totally different.

Don't you have anything else to discuss? How would you feel if you were him?

Seriously... I don't get the point of this thread at all.

Call me humorless. :blink:

I respect mika, i respect Mika, I respect Mika

:hypo:

I think i should leave this thread once and for all....

I've reaped havoc :tears:

It's "wreaked" havoc... and yes. Yes, you have :)

Of course you've reaped a fair bit, too, I guess...

But do you all (not just Mika4Life13) understand

that it's not just to do with Mika? As a responsible adult I can't

really sit here and let 13-year-olds speculate on Mika's private parts

on a public forum in good conscience.

I know there are folks here who will argue that

your parents should be watching what you do online. And they should

be. But if they aren't, that's partially why this forum is moderated.

If your mothers and fathers were friends of mine,

I couldn't look them in the eye if I were to condone this kind of thread.

Do you not see where this kind of

talk can lead? We already had one incident in the last

few weeks where someone got a little freaked out at some suggestive

remarks a poster made to her. There was nothing to it, in the end,

but there could have been. And the reason this guy felt he could

make the suggestive remarks -- even though the girl was underage --

was because of how she behaved here on the forum. She acted older

and wiser so he felt free to be suggestive.

I can't condone that. I just can't. If that makes me unfit to be a

moderator here, then so be it.

dcdeb

As a mod... this will be a collective decision.

As a user let me say this:

I am appalled to see what's going on on the forum lately. And this thread is just the last one in a series. I am not against innuendos, and I can be a perv too.

BUT

Seeing responsible people who spend their days claiming they respect Mika, that the boy deserves a private life, blablablablabla posting pics and launching a debate on his private parts in PUBLIC makes me sick.

Especially when there are some 13 year old people around.

I remember someone saying most MFCers were able of auto-moderate themselves... seems it's not the case.

Discussing his sexual orientation is one thing, and could be defended saying it's part of his personality, and therefore his music. But this time you gals are talking about sthg totally different.

Don't you have anything else to discuss? How would you feel if you were him?

mika4life13 is 13 and she was a part of the discussion :naughty: sorry.. it's not really funny but...

to be completely honest i don't have anything else to discuss :blush-anim-cl: i have a VERY boring life and if i were him i would feel flattered but i'm not him and none of us know how he would feel and if i knew he had a problem with it i would stop but he hasn't given any complaints.

But Megan....would you ever feel comfortable saying these things to Mika's face? Maybe then he would have a problem with it....

A way I see it is this: We are, to a degree, representing Mika.... and this topic just isn't a very good way to represent him at all. IMO it just degrades him and makes us look bad.

For my own personal opinion this is getting too far since a bit ago.

One thing is being subtle with "knitting", "chicken" stuff but this is completely out of any control.

Some of you are +18 and know perfectly what you´re posting. Please, be wise and don´t encourage the others to continue these lines.

Think of Mika like a human being, not the pop star. What would you feel if you find people are talking about your PRIVATE parts? This is not a matter of sexual orientation, it´s too much.

Just meditate about this and then think if you want to go on with this.

My 2 cents.

*goes for the paper bag*

mika4life13 is 13 and she was a part of the discussion :naughty: sorry.. it's not really funny but...

to be completely honest i don't have anything else to discuss :blush-anim-cl: i have a VERY boring life and if i were him i would feel flattered but i'm not him and none of us know how he would feel and if i knew he had a problem with it i would stop but he hasn't given any complaints.

I know she was part of it.

I won't blame teenager girls for their lack of control over their hormones. They are KIDS in my opinion.

What I don't understand is why some older people (like you?) encourage them.

And no I wouldnt feel flattered... I mean... have you seen the question being asked here? How could he feel flattered?

I agree with Deb btw. And I think it's time to have a +16 section somewhere.

I'm not gonna go into the whole "I respect Mika" thing, I think we are way past the point where this thread would make a difference to that, but I have to agree that for the sake of the younger people this might be a topic that should be moderated a bit, either by us or the people with the finger on the delete button :boxed:

I know she was part of it.

I won't blame teenager girls for their lack of control over their hormones. They are KIDS in my opinion.

What I don't understand is why some older people (like you?) encourage them.

And no I wouldnt feel flattered... I mean... have you seen the question being asked here? How could he feel flattered?

I agree with Deb btw. And I think it's time to have a +16 section somewhere.

i'm only 2 years older than her :blink: i really would feel flattered though.. maybe i'm just a bit messed up in the head but i would be...

Oi yoi yoi! I was just hoping everyone would stop hijacking that other thread and maybe start posting some pics of Tinky Winky.

Should have known it was too much to expect that this would just die a quick death without a whole bunch of drama about things that have already been discussed a thousand times already. :blink:

Like Bab said, this is so last year. Didn't imagine this would generate so much hostility since it went on and on last night without a peep from anyone.

Oi yoi yoi! I was just hoping everyone would stop hijacking that other thread and maybe start posting some pics of Tinky Winky.

Should have known it was too much to expect that this would just die a quick death without a whole bunch of drama about things that have already been discussed a thousand times already. :blink:

Like Bab said, this is so last year. Didn't imagine this would generate so much hostility since it went on and on last night without a peep from anyone.

Think it is just more obvious that it's being discussed this time :blink:

Christine please, you can't start a thread like this one and hope it won't cause any disapproval. Let me quote you: "I know I'm going to regret this when it becomes the shame of MFC, but at least you can stop hijacking the therapy thread."

1) yes it is a shame.

2) if you so badly wanted to put an end to the discussion on the therapy thread, you could have warned one of the mods of what was going on. Or at least influence the conversation so that it would be on a good path again.

"Go nuts girls!"

--> Don't encourage people to go nuts and run away when they do.

Megan...until you have a complete stranger making suggestive comments about your body, I wouldn't say that. I've been in the position before when men took the liberty of discussing my body and there was nothing "flattering" about it.

.... again my head is a bit messed up.....

I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech but there is such a thing as common sense. I'm not saying it's your duty to set an example but as an older, respected member you are going to have an influence on people.. whether you like that or not.

We tolerated it in the other thread last night because it was an incident.

If you wanted the dinky talk to stop then why start a new thread about it?