Concert Feedback for Mika - please be constructive

zoots14

That really surprises me! I love the way he begins LT, infact when i listen to the album on CD I miss it! But everyone's different I guess.

I sort of understand about the drumming part, but I love to see Mika and Cherisse (sp?) going for it, always makes me smile and I'm a bit of a sucker for a shirtless Mika! :wub2:

what do you lot mean with "sp?"??

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i.e change songs outline more often

dare to "improvise" {even if everything is under control and you've planned all the details before}

point 12 i didnt dare to mention. you're a woman of real courage, greta.

Well, I have yet to see him in concert (and will have a bit of a wait anyway since i have no idea when/if he is coming to Aus this year) but I would really love to hear some of the songs included with the singles like Only Lonely One and Instant martyr. Maybe they're not very concerty songs but i love them!!!

Yeah me too!

but... i don't get it... honestly... have you ever heard and LOVED I Want You Back from the Jackson 5 to love the way mika used to do it ?? as a "fan" (shortcut) of the Jackson 5, i think Mr M butchers the song... i looks like nothing, and is painful to my hear (not exagerating at all, sadly... i was suffering the 2 times i heard it live)...

anyway... i think he's over it now, he found something else to do, not sure he's gonna sing it back :thumb_yello::naughty:

And christine, i agree with you : i don't think lollipop girls and big girls will be part of the 2nd album tour, even if he sings the songs... or just on stage, the time of the songs... not even sure...

I couldn't say i'm a huge Jackson 5 fan, but i really didn't like hearing him sing I Want You Back on the DVD. I'm almost (almost!!) tempted to skip that song when I play the DVD. I just think there are plenty of his own songs he could do instead. So he's only got one album out. Even though we're not supposed to talk about them, there are plenty of other songs he could choose from or he could use the ones he released on the singles like I mentioned before because they are brilliant and need to get an airing.

I agree about the trash can drumming with his shirt off. Mika doesn't need to undress, to look, and be sexy. Sexiness is far better, and hotter, if there is some mystery about it.

I haven't seen Mika live yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing him on the 28th feb. The only other suggestion I have, isn't about the concerts, but about future single releases.

Mika you have a gorgeous lower register to your voice, so don't just concentrate on the songs with falsetto parts. Please release a lovely ballad now and again. I absolutely love My Interpretation, and in a way, I wish you'd released that one instead of Relax. I also love the gorgeous songs, Your Sympathy and Erase.

Love today, from Marilyn

I too could live with Mika keeping his shirt on. And I too loooove his lower register. My Interpretation used to be my favourite song on the album, now it's fighting with SITM for first place.

There is a significant difference between playing the piano or just using keyboards... It' requires a different technique as well and Mika's songs are for the piano....

But I think we all meant these changes to be applied at bigger shows since we don't want his expenses up even more...:naughty:

Poor boy is not breaking even with the tour...

I think the most obvious thing he needs to do is to play at larger places..

But...but... we don't want larger venues:tears: God, I want him to play on my back deck but that's never gonna happen. But the intimacy of smaller shows is what I crave and what I fear will never happen again.

Oh! I guess I'll see you on the 28th then! :punk:

I listened to Erase an hour ago or so and I really don't understand why this song was limited to the Canadian CD (it was Canada, right?). It is such a wonderful, gorgeous piece of music! It is hard to decide which songs should be / should have been released as singles because LiCM is, after all, a Best Of-Record.

I really didn't like Erase when i first heard it on Youtube, cos it sounded like this big 80's power ballad. For some reason though, I find the chorus sticks in my head....

I have very few albums where I really love every single song on it. I have a few where I really only like about 3 songs, many where I love a couple and just like the rest, but very few where I love everything. But I love EVERYTHING on LICM!!!

I approve of this post!!!!!:wink2:

Mika, you have a lovely baritone voice as well that needs to be explored a bit more...:wink2:

Think of Holy Johnny and the range you show us in that one...:thumb_yello:

Holy Johnny is a funny one isn't it. It's a fair bit lower than most other things he sings and I like it for that. I'm not so sure I like the topic, but that's just me.

YES, OKAY, SEE YOU ON THE 28TH FEB. I AGREE THAT LICM IS LIKE A BAG OF FAVOURITE SWEETS, LIKE THE PURPLE ONES IN THE CADBURYS ROSES BOXES OF CHOCOLATES. EVERY SONG IS A MASTERPIECE!!

Love today again, from Marilyn

Yes, yes, yes!! Except to the part about seeing you on the 28th. I won't be there.:thumbdown:

Mika has said several times in interviews that he values the immediate feedback that the internet has provided him. He was able to get off the ground by promoting himself online, and able to see what was working or not working by the reactions he was getting (probably from many of you who have been there since the start!).

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread that provides him with more of that constructive feedback in one spot... hoping that either he still comes here occasionally, or that people who are close to him do.

Ok, so since I started this thread, and I have now actually been to one of his concerts (Toronto), I guess it's only fair for me to give some real feedback.

1) I was wrong wrong wrong. I loved what he did with the intro of Love Today. It works.

2) I still wish I could see him perform I Got Life, but it doesn't fit with his current set at all. I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope I get to see it live one day. **one day!**

3) I was wrong wrong wrong - again - I found myself really enjoying the naked trash can drumming. :)

4) It seems a lot of things really work in concert that I didn't expect... for example, I've never been a big fan of Ring Ring, but it REALLY works in concert... it was SO GOOD!!

5) How Much Do You Love Me is absolutely beautiful live. I can't wait for him to record it. Aahhhh, just thinking about that song makes my heart melt.

6) Would still like a little more talking to the audience

7) I was blown away by his energy, his presence, the way he seems to have so much fun... he practically glows.

Basically, it's perfect. It all works. He does a phenomenal job... he's an immensely talented man, he knows exactly what works for him and what doesn't, and I think if he continues to just trust himself and do what feels right to him, he's going to have a very long, very successful career with some extremely loyal fans!!

Ok, so since I started this thread, and I have now actually been to one of his concerts (Toronto), I guess it's only fair for me to give some real feedback.

1) I was wrong wrong wrong. I loved what he did with the intro of Love Today. It works.

2) I still wish I could see him perform I Got Life, but it doesn't fit with his current set at all. I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope I get to see it live one day. **one day!**

3) I was wrong wrong wrong - again - I found myself really enjoying the naked trash can drumming. :)

4) It seems a lot of things really work in concert that I didn't expect... for example, I've never been a big fan of Ring Ring, but it REALLY works in concert... it was SO GOOD!!

5) How Much Do You Love Me is absolutely beautiful live. I can't wait for him to record it. Aahhhh, just thinking about that song makes my heart melt.

7) I was blown away by his energy, his presence, the way he seems to have so much fun... he practically glows.

Basically, it's perfect. It all works. He does a phenomenal job... he's an immensely talented man, he knows exactly what works for him and what doesn't, and I think if he continues to just trust himself and do what feels right to him, he's going to have a very long, very successful career with some extremely loyal fans!!

:naughty: Welcome to the club!

I would never say you were wrong exactly, but I knew you'd change your perspective once you got to see the real thing! :thumb_yello:

I am horribly biased because he sang this entire song on the catwalk so we got lots of eye contact, but I think you're right. I've always kind of liked this song though, even if I wouldn't call it musical genius. Something about Mika being stalked feels so familiar to me. :naughty:

Anyway, check out Sariflor's video. :wub2:

I second guessed a lot of decisions Mika made early on and there are still things that personally I would prefer if he did differently (not really in his live shows, but other things). But after all these months I've developed an almost blind faith in Mika that whatever choices he makes are going to work for him in terms of his career.

I still like to speculate, but I really don't worry about how his next album will turn out or whether he can handle large scale shows or whatever else the future holds. I think he'll overcome and even master all these challenges and just keep getting better and better.

see? ..now this topic is to be closed, as all the concert goers come out insane, transformed in obedient wizard's fans:roftl:

One of my friends has also become a victim to the Wizard's spell since I gave her a pair of tickets for Tuesday's show so she could bring another friend while I did my MFC thing.

She said yesterday "Mika has rewired my brain." :naughty:

I agree so much with everything you said there! I'll do a separate post with my own feedback, but I just felt the need to quote you on this.

Oh, and what a great idea for a thread!

And it was lovely meeting you after the gig!!!

I am horribly biased because he sang this entire song on the catwalk so we got lots of eye contact, but I think you're right. I've always kind of liked this song though, even if I wouldn't call it musical genius. Something about Mika being stalked feels so familiar to me. :naughty:

Anyway, check out Sariflor's video. :wub2:

You're right about him singing the song for us, haha! It was absolutely AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC!

I wasn't a fan of this song on the cd either, and when I saw it live it just blew me away:wub2:

Don't look at the one on youtube right now though, this one is MUCH better:

“Ring Ring.AVI" (213.31 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SOLSX1RV

"LoveTodayII.AVI" (500.99 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TLCAAFD

"Grace Kelly.AVI" (397 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCHZ9N2K

I'm also slowly trying to get the "good" ones on youtube, but if you have the patience to download these huge files, they are SO worth it!!

Love Today doesn't seem to work unless one has a premium account ,so I'm putting it up onto youtube first. It's been at it for hours and is only on 75 %:naughty: . But Ring Ring is :wub2: .

Oh, and what a great idea for a thread!

And it was lovely meeting you after the gig!!!

It was lovely to meet you and Christine too! It made the whole experience that much better to be able to share it with fellow fans, and I loved hearing first-hand your account of the whole night. Hopefully we'll meet again some time! :)

(Next time I might just come and sit in line with you guys if you'll let me!)

I told you! :naughty::wink2:

i have one thing to say:

MIKA, please do not EVER EVER EVER again tell us to jump on stage with you at the end. sure its fun for those few who are at the front front and manage to get onto the stage, but for the rest of us left behind, EVERY SINGLE PERSON PUSHED TO TRY TO GET UP FRONT (even though they have no chance of getting on stage) and because of that we got SO SQUISHED AND WE COULD BARELY BREATH. We where SERIOUSLY fighting for our lives. -sigh-

over all though, the concert was FAB. it was adorable of him to tell us before the concert that we should, at the end end, jump on to the stage.

(he was so thoughful!!! his manager came out and gave us munchkins and hot chocolate!!! :huglove:)

i have one thing to say:

MIKA, please do not EVER EVER EVER again tell us to jump on stage with you at the end. sure its fun for those few who are at the front front and manage to get onto the stage, but for the rest of us left behind, EVERY SINGLE PERSON PUSHED TO TRY TO GET UP FRONT (even though they have no chance of getting on stage) and because of that we got SO SQUISHED AND WE COULD BARELY BREATH. We where SERIOUSLY fighting for our lives. -sigh-

over all though, the concert was FAB. it was adorable of him to tell us before the concert that we should, at the end end, jump on to the stage.

(he was so thoughful!!! his manager came out and gave us munchkins and hot chocolate!!! :huglove:)

oow..that's terrible!:thumbdown:

I was thinkin' about that...*how da hell?..and the others?*

These kind of things have to be organized, like choose the lucky ones and put the security make a safety belt between the first and the second row...but it's is almost impossible to control huge amount of ppl :boxed:

so mikster, if you wanna have more contact with your fans IT'S YOU THAT HAVE TO DO CROWD SUFING:naughty:

i have one thing to say:

Scary, really scary!:shocked: