• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lmao:

lol, and MAYBE that someone has a name :naughty:

no really, it wasn't me!!! it could be the mic's wire :newyear:

I was in a good spot on 2nd row to see clearly the tripping..he simply jumped a lil lower and the security guy pushed him badly on stage {and I confess I've laughed for 10 minutes}:roll1:

lol, and MAYBE that someone has a name :naughty:

no really, it wasn't me!!! it could be the mic's wire :newyear:

I was in a good spot on 2nd row to see clearly the tripping..he simply jumped a lil lower and the security guy has pushed him badly on stage {and I confess I've laughed for 10 minutes}:roll1:

there was even a big fluorescent row stiched under that passage...guess next time a step would be useful too :D

..he simply jumped a lil lower and the security guy has pushed him badly on stage {and I confess I've laughed for 10 minutes}:roll1:

there was even a big fluorescent row stiched under that passage...guess next time a step would be useful too :D

:lmao: ! ! !

mika is adventurous anyway he likes to walk where its not safe or climb where its dangerous, thats not the first time he fell i guess:naughty:

he likes risks:mf_rosetinted:

" but on the 26th in brixton, i guess it was a spontaneous decision at the end of the song, it was totally unexpected and people were in a hurry to get over the barrier, so some fell (although i think no one was hurt) - and in fact, when i climbed on stage, martin just kicked a balloon right in front of me, his foot was not far from my face. "

I was so worried that night lol because these girls behind me where trying to shove past me to get to the stage! i actually thought they were going to push me over! :thumbdown: he shouldnt get people on stage like that i dont think.

" but on the 26th in brixton, i guess it was a spontaneous decision at the end of the song, it was totally unexpected and people were in a hurry to get over the barrier, so some fell (although i think no one was hurt) - and in fact, when i climbed on stage, martin just kicked a balloon right in front of me, his foot was not far from my face. "

I was so worried that night lol because these girls behind me where trying to shove past me to get to the stage! i actually thought they were going to push me over! :thumbdown: he shouldnt get people on stage like that i dont think.

I was realy angry that night, although I've calmed down about it now I still think it was really irresponsible of Mika to do what he did.

I was right at the front and I got pretty badly crushed, i had some nice bruising across my chest where I got slammed into the barrier. There was no way I could get out of the way, I'm too short to try to climb over the barrier (just to get out of the way!)

I don't blame the fans at all, of course everyone wants the chance to be on stage with Mika, i can totally understand that. I've been up there myself and it was amazing, but that was in a controlled way when Mika picked me and a friend individually from the front row.

All I can say is a huge well done to the security at the front, they got things under control fairly quickly and I think it was thanks to them that no one was injured (well no more injured than brusing).

My opinion :thumb_yello: . It was a total chaos on Tuesday - those people got on stage or tried to get on stage over that barrier and it was already dangerous for them. I was lucky that no one behind me decided to jump on stage as well (just a girl quite next to me which was also annoying because she simply didnt have enough space to get over the barrier but tried it anyway and succeeded - I'm not sure how smashed we would have endet if there had been more people trying to get there).

But what bothered me even more was how it all endet on Tuesday - people got on stage and numerous morons jumped on him and hugged him, not letting go of him again, and he was dragged backstage and the show was over. Finito. Just like that. I was totally scared when I saw them do that and I don't want to know how he felt, suddenly having a bunch of people jumping on him :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: .

The show on Tuesday was GREAT but this end gave everything a really bitter taste. I never thought that he would really get people on stage again on Thursday after that disaster (IMO) on Tuesday!!! It all went quite well (for him at least) on Thursday but after all, as nice as it might all be and so on and so on - I don't think it is a good idea. :boxed:

If he wants certain people to be on stage during certain songs, then he should get them backstage BEFORE the show, just like the Lollipop Girls or the Big Girls or the people in animal costumes. They are waiting the whole time for their song backstage and so it should not be a problem for those that are wanted on stage to be there and wait as well instead of getting them over that barrier during the gig. Among many other things, this creates far too much jealousy and anger. :blink:

My opinion :thumb_yello: . It was a total chaos on Tuesday - those people got on stage or tried to get on stage over that barrier and it was already dangerous for them. I was lucky that no one behind me decided to jump on stage as well (just a girl quite next to me which was also annoying because she simply didnt have enough space to get over the barrier but tried it anyway and succeeded - I'm not sure how smashed we would have endet if there had been more people trying to get there).

But what bothered me even more was how it all endet on Tuesday - people got on stage and numerous morons jumped on him and hugged him, not letting go of him again, and he was dragged backstage and the show was over. Finito. Just like that. I was totally scared when I saw them do that and I don't want to know how he felt, suddenly having a bunch of people jumping on him :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: .

The show on Tuesday was GREAT but this end gave everything a really bitter taste. I never thought that he would really get people on stage again on Thursday after that disaster (IMO) on Tuesday!!! It all went quite well (for him at least) on Thursday but after all, as nice as it might all be and so on and so on - I don't think it is a good idea. :boxed:

If he wants certain people to be on stage during certain songs, then he should get them backstage BEFORE the show, just like the Lollipop Girls or the Big Girls or the people in animal costumes. They are waiting the whole time for their song backstage and so it should not be a problem for those that are wanted on stage to be there and wait as well instead of getting them over that barrier during the gig. Among many other things, this creates far too much jealousy and anger. :blink:

Amen to that! I've always thought this is a very dangerous thing to do, not only for those in the front rows, but for MIka himself. I mean, how can he control who jumps on stage, and what he/she intends to do? There are some really crazy people out there who can even eventually harm him.

I think people going up on stage was a GREAT idea! :biggrin2: It gave those people the f***ing times of their lives! What a high it must have been to get up in front of all those people and Mika's great to want to share the experience with his fans!! I think the people that got hurt trying to get up there are just jealous :naughty: It's not like anyone got seriously injured. I really think those people compaining are just babies pretty much. Wow a bruise... must have been really dramatic for you :blink:

My opinion . It was a total chaos on Tuesday - those people got on stage or tried to get on stage over that barrier and it was already dangerous for them. I was lucky that no one behind me decided to jump on stage as well (just a girl quite next to me which was also annoying because she simply didnt have enough space to get over the barrier but tried it anyway and succeeded - I'm not sure how smashed we would have endet if there had been more people trying to get there).

But what bothered me even more was how it all endet on Tuesday - people got on stage and numerous morons jumped on him and hugged him, not letting go of him again, and he was dragged backstage and the show was over. Finito. Just like that. I was totally scared when I saw them do that and I don't want to know how he felt, suddenly having a bunch of people jumping on him :shocked: .

JC_goodpost.gif

Running the risk of being labled a party pooper I look at it the same way.

The simple fact that until now apparently nobody had been severely injured during the whole stage jumping action doesn't make it any better. Actually I really think that was due to pure luck rather than brilliant organisation.

I see that this is probably a part of the plan to enhance the show and push things further every time but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be loved less if he hadn't started that sort of thing. But just now my guess is that stepping back from that is not so easy as people are probably expecting things like these to happen at future gigs (if the venue permits it).

I also think that they should stick to the LG solution. Pick people who are craving for a stage experience in advance, get them backstage until they have their turn and prevent the rest of the audience from being trampled down. From what I have heard there were indeed quite a lot of people at the shows in question who were standing in front yet were not desperate to jump up there. :naughty:

I didn't really notice that Mika was grabbed and hugged by random people on stage at the Tuesday gig, but reading about it I'm not very surprised that this happened. The more I wonder why they encouraged it on Thursday. Maybe being grabbed by the mob is much less of a brain breaking experience than standing in a crowd, having pictures taken after a show :roftl::naughty:

JC_goodpost.gif

The simple fact that until now apparently nobody had been severely injured during the whole stage jumping action doesn't make it any better. Actually I really think that was due to pure luck rather than brilliant organisation.

I see that this is probably a part of the plan to enhance the show and push things further every time but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be loved less if he hadn't started that sort of thing. But just now my guess is that stepping back from that is not so easy as people are probably expecting things like these to happen at future gigs (if the venue permits it).

I also think that they should stick to the LG solution. Pick people who are craving for a stage experience in advance, get them backstage until they have their turn and prevent the rest of the audience from being trampled down. From what I have heard there were indeed quite a lot of people at the shows in question who were standing in front yet were not desperate to jump up there. :naughty:

I didn't really notice that Mika was grabbed and hugged by random people on stage at the Tuesday gig, but reading about it I'm not very surprised that this happened. The more I wonder why they encouraged it on Thursday. Maybe being grabbed by the mob is much less of a brain breaking experience than standing in a crowd, having pictures taken after a show :roftl::naughty:

Lollipop was shorter than the aftershow party, so maybe he really prefers that. And it's also more difficult to photograph him then. The people that had dragged him back came back after that (of course) but it needed a while (I was really wondering where they were!) - maybe they lost their way backstage :mf_rosetinted: (sorry: :newyear: *feels like a trend-pusher*).

Of course it gave people the time of their lives - I didnt read the review threads but as far as I've heard, it went better during the US-gigs. London is.. it's London. MASSES of people. Masses of people from all over the world, flying in for these gigs. MFCers queuing from 4AM on. I think (IMO / I think/ I really don't know / it's hard to compare if you havent been to both gigs) that London was far worse than any of the American gigs.

JC_goodpost.gif

I didn't really notice that Mika was grabbed and hugged by random people on stage at the Tuesday gig, but reading about it I'm not very surprised that this happened. The more I wonder why they encouraged it on Thursday. Maybe being grabbed by the mob is much less of a brain breaking experience than standing in a crowd, having pictures taken after a show :roftl: :naughty:

Oh Violet_sky!:lmfao:

But seriously, I wouldn’t dream of aiming for a spot in front of the stage, centre, after hearing what happened in New York!

After that event, I talked to one of the mods who was going to forward the story of the people who was there, fighting for their lives, as they put it.

The thought was, that Mikas management would be reached of the message and hopefully not do it again.

That didn’t happen, obviously!:doh:

What happened in NY? :blink:?

Kriegstote?

Mika pulled people on stage.:cool:

The crowd got crazy.

The ones who didn’t got/wanted/could go on stage was squeezed, couldn’t breath, was scared stepped on and felt like they where fighting for their lives.:sneaky2:

See the report thread from New York.

Absolutely crazy and very unnecessary imo!

What is kriegstote? War dead?:wink2:

{and I confess I've laughed for 10 minutes}:roll1:

:roftl: See, this is why Mika was embarrassed. He could hear Greta's howling laughter the whole time.

I never thought that he would really get people on stage again on Thursday after that disaster (IMO) on Tuesday!!!

He didn't have a choice. The audience was coming whether he liked it or not! We had been planning it all day. One of the reasons Tuesday was such a disaster is that people didn't act quickly enough and respond to Mika's cues earlier in the song.

For this to work well I think it should go exactly as it did on Thursday. The second the song starts everyone gets on stage and within 15 or 20 seconds security has the situation under control so no one gets hurt. People get behind and beside Mika while he sings the song and everyone in the audience can enjoy it instead watching a bunch of chaos towards the end and Mika getting lost in the crowd.

I think people going up on stage was a GREAT idea! :biggrin2: It gave those people the f***ing times of their lives! What a high it must have been to get up in front of all those people and Mika's great to want to share the experience with his fans!! I think the people that got hurt trying to get up there are just jealous :naughty: It's not like anyone got seriously injured. I really think those people compaining are just babies pretty much. Wow a bruise... must have been really dramatic for you :blink:

Well I wouldn't call anyone babies. :sneaky2:

But the Thursday show went so well...I think all that's required is advance planning. The audience and security needs to be 100% prepared for what is about to happen and there won't be any serious problems.

Someone from MFC had expressed concern about this a few months ago so when I found out there was going to be a stage invasion on Tuesday I warned her so that if she was near the front she could get out of the way before Lollipop started.

For the people who do want to participate, there's less panic if everyone is prepared to go and I found on both nights people were civilized. The people behind you try to help you over so that they can take your place and get up themselves. They've got nothing to gain by trying to knock you down or squash you into the barrier.

If you are not fit to deal with this kind of crowd activity you really shouldn't be at the front of a large general admission Mika show. Even if he doesn't pull people up there's no predicting what's going to happen if you've got several thousand people behind you and a barrier in front.

Mika never came off the stage or pulled anyone up in Toronto but we were constantly being crushed. The barrier even started shift sideways beneath us before the show started. We got into an argument with security before the doors opened because they tried to let a woman who was 5 months pregnant in ahead of us. I can only imagine how uncomfortable and scary it must have been for her during the show and I'd be surprised if she wasn't forced to leave the front anyway.

If you're not in any shape to queue up and make the dash into the venue, you're not in any shape to stand in the front row IMO.

What is kriegstote? War dead?:wink2:

I was too lazy to look it up but that should be it (at least if you translate word by word; I dont know if there is a special term).

He didn't have a choice. The audience was coming whether he liked it or not! We had been planning it all day. One of the reasons Tuesday was such a disaster is that people didn't act quickly enough and respond to Mika's cues earlier in the song.

I have not been involved in the planning and I didnt know :blink::naughty: . I had other problems to cope with :sneaky2: .

For this to work well I think it should go exactly as it did on Thursday. The second the song starts everyone gets on stage and within 15 or 20 seconds security has the situation under control so no one gets hurt. People get behind and beside Mika while he sings the song and everyone in the audience can enjoy it instead watching a bunch of chaos towards the end and Mika getting lost in the crowd.

Yes, the securities did a GREAT job. Joao was right in front of us and when some person from third row or so finally decided to get on stage and push their way front, he stopped them instantly :wub2::thumb_yello:. They did a DAMN good job.

But the Thursday show went so well...I think all that's required is advance planning. The audience and security needs to be 100% prepared for what is about to happen and there won't be any serious problems.

We can change everything except the fact that there is this steel (?) barrier right in front of us which hardly moves (it didnt in London) and which is pretty high and not easy to cross. If there was a way to let a number of people in otherwise, things would be fine (I guess). But then we have the problem that some might probably be chosen to get on stage etc.pp. - what about the barrier on the left & right side of the stage? Was there the possibility to get out of the gap again without climbing? (How did the people get back anyway?)

If you're not in any shape to queue up and make the dash into the venue, you're not in any shape to stand in the front row IMO.

I think this part needed some editing. (Although it also makes me think of a friend who had been queuing for 10 hours with us and was let in earlier due to her sore foot.)

:roftl: See, this is why Mika was embarrassed. He could hear Greta's howling laughter the whole time.

hey, I'm not the center of the universe:bleh:guess it's more embarassing being grabbed and touched everywhere from who was in the 1st row center:naughty:

Well I wouldn't call anyone babies. :sneaky2:

Someone from MFC had expressed concern about this a few months ago so when I found out there was going to be a stage invasion on Tuesday I warned her so that if she was near the front she could get out of the way before Lollipop started.

For the people who do want to participate, there's less panic if everyone is prepared to go and I found on both nights people were civilized. The people behind you try to help you over so that they can take your place and get up themselves. They've got nothing to gain by trying to knock you down or squash you into the barrier.

If you are not fit to deal with this kind of crowd activity you really shouldn't be at the front of a large general admission Mika show. Even if he doesn't pull people up there's no predicting what's going to happen if you've got several thousand people behind you and a barrier in front.

Mika never came off the stage or pulled anyone up in Toronto but we were constantly being crushed. The barrier even started shift sideways beneath us before the show started. We got into an argument with security before the doors opened because they tried to let a woman who was 5 months pregnant in ahead of us. I can only imagine how uncomfortable and scary it must have been for her during the show and I'd be surprised if she wasn't forced to leave the front anyway.

Yes, I was grateful to receive that warning and found a place a few rows back, behind a fence I could lean on for the whole show. It was perfect for me!:thumb_yello:

Thanks Christine!:wub2:

I think (IMO / I think/ I really don't know / it's hard to compare if you havent been to both gigs) that London was far worse than any of the American gigs.

I don't think so. Based on reports by Holly, JackViolet and dcdeb, the stage invasion in NYC was far worse than anything that happened in London.

The only people I talked to who where injured in London are the ones who banged themselves up going over the barrier on Tuesday. But they seemed to enjoy showing off their bruises and telling their stories and couldn't wait to do it all over again on Thursday. All of them ended up on stage again except for Kata because I think she banged her knee a second time and knew that she'd have a really hard time getting up onto the stage and dancing around at that point. But she still had a great time in the audience during the finale from what I understand.

Also just the general shoving and pushing...I've been to 4 London shows and for me there were less problems at all of them than there was at the Toronto gig. Even on the last night at Brixton when we were packed so tight that people were forced out of the front row...it was just uncomfortable and annoying at times. It wasn't like the whole crowd was bearing down on you and pressing you up against the barrier so you couldn't breathe or were losing your balance. In Toronto I was standing on one foot much of the night because there wasn't enough room on the floor for my other one!

I have not been involved in the planning and I didnt know :blink::naughty: . I had other problems to cope with :sneaky2: .

We'd been at the venue for 11 hours before the wristband fiasco started so we had lots of time to imagine the look on Mika's face if launched a stage invasion during Any Other World. :naughty:

what about the barrier on the left & right side of the stage? Was there the possibility to get out of the gap again without climbing? (How did the people get back anyway?)

Yes I think they came off the stage through an opening on the sides towards the toilets. I had looked at that as a possibility for getting on stage on Tuesday but it's a terrible place to stand to watch the gig. If they planned it though, they could probably get a couple of dozen people to go to each side after Grace Kelly and security could assist them around the barrier and ensure that no one tries to jump over elsewhere.

Perhaps this is a fan club thing that can be coordinated if Mika has any intention of doing it again. Once he regularly starts playing stadiums and arenas it will be physically impossible for people to just randomly jump up on stage anyway because the stage will probably be 10 feet off the ground.

(Although it also makes me think of a friend who had been queuing for 10 hours with us and was let in earlier due to her sore foot.)

People can be allowed in...but don't complain later that the audience was too rough and call on Mika to change his show to accommodate you. We all know what the physical risks are of being in the front row so if you make the decision to go up there, the consequences are on you.

Yes, I was grateful to receive that warning and found a place a few rows back, behind a fence I could lean on for the whole show. It was perfect for me!:thumb_yello:

I'm glad it went well for you. :thumb_yello:

I was feeling so bad because I had assured you it wouldn't happen in London so I'm glad I got the chance to talk to you before we went in. By now I've realized "never say never" when it comes to London Mika gigs. Cancellations, phone calls from Mika, stage invasions, champagne after parties. Anything is possible!

I would like to say, I was there, I thought it was a dangerous thing to do, as the crowd by this time was hyper excited and the invitation to be on stage with him made them even more so. Hence, no one cared about anyone else's safety, so it was just a free for all.

And for the record, I for one was not jealous of the ones who got on stage, as I had already been tentitively asked to go up, but declined due to being a big chicken.LOL!

I would like to say, I was there, I thought it was a dangerous thing to do, as the crowd by this time was hyper excited and the invitation to be on stage with him made them even more so. Hence, no one cared about anyone else's safety, so it was just a free for all.

And for the record, I for one was not jealous of the ones who got on stage, as I had already been tentitively asked to go up, but declined due to being a big chicken.LOL!

It wasn't that big of a deal :blink: I was front row center at both concerts that I went to and was being pushed constantly and it wasn't what I would call dangerous. Maybe the other concerts were worse, but I doubt it :naughty:

I was about to ask why you dressed up as a chicken at that concert because I thought you dressed as a penguin :lmao:

Oh no Rose! I thought you promised you were going to do it this time if you got the chance? Thursday looked like a lot of fun and you could have hidden behind Sylvester the Cat if you were feeling shy. :naughty:

Not to start an arguement or anything but I just want you to know that I find this post quite hurtful.

I did say I understand how much fans want to be part of the experience, maybe that's easy for me to say since I have already had the chance to be on stage. *shrugs* I didn't try to get up on stage and was not jealous.

Just to clarify, i had bruising all over my chest from being slammed into a metal barrier, it was very painful but I am thankful that it was not a young fan where the damage could have been serious.

But You're entitled to your opinion of course :thumb_yello:

I totally agree with the idea of those who want to be on stage waiting backstage. Have a comp or something and let the rest of us just enjoy the show from the audience.