About Big Girl

LittleDarling

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have another thing about the lyrics of BG: I always see written: a big lady but I thought (still think actually) that he sings: big lighty.

Anyone has a clue?

Thats been bugging me too for ages!

I think changes it depending on how hes feeling!

I have another thing about the lyrics of BG: I always see written: a big lady but I thought (still think actually) that he sings: big lighty.

Anyone has a clue?

It's big lady!!

Thats been bugging me too for ages!

I think changes it depending on how hes feeling!

It´s ,,big lady" ...

This is exactly what I mean, Mika can drive a lady, crazy :roftl:

It's definatley Big Lady..but in that part of the song it is pronounced more..laadyyy (It just sounds longer)..and I find if you think about a word like lighty at the same time as playing it, my mind can change what I hear to what I think...it's really strange...:thumb_yello:

I think Lollypop girlxx is right: Your mind does the trick; and I think I really want him to sing Lighty because I think it funny. Makes me think of Big Girls as real big balloons. (And that is Mika's style too:blush-anim-cl: )

Thanks Christine! I've never seen this one before, how could I have missed it:shocked:

And you are right: lady loud and clear.

Do you know in which country this was?

France. I think that was the night that Em met him outside?? Just a couple of weeks ago.

The only line I struggle with is:-

.....No need to fantasize, I've seen some worlds in my braces....

That's the closest I can get to making what it sounds like make sense!

Any ideas??

Any ideas??

Isn't it "no need to fantasize, since I was in my braces" but I have no idea what that means as it does not make sense.

Is there no need to fantasize about wearing braces as he has them on? Or no need to fantasize about the big girls because he has on the braces.....

weird!!!

Isn't it "no need to fantasize, since I was in my braces" but I have no idea what that means as it does not make sense.

Is there no need to fantasize about wearing braces as he has them on? Or no need to fantasize about the big girls because he has on the braces.....

weird!!!

...since I WAS in my braces.

All the lyrics are typed out in the Japanese CD release. (Which I got just for this purpose, yay me.)

Avoca typed them out here!

All this info and more to go in the FAQs!

--Jack

I clicked on the link and I found there are just slight errors (in red):

get yourself to the butterfly lounge

find yourself a big lady

big boy come on round

and they'll be calling you "baby"

no need to fantasies

since I was in braces

of a watering hole where the girls are round

and curves in all the right places

big girl you are beautiful!

big girl you are beautiful!

But as Aurora asks above, what the heck does it mean "not need to fantasize since I was in my braces" ?:naughty:

t as Aurora asks above, what the heck does it mean "not need to fantasize since I was in my braces" ?:naughty:

I really want to sit this boy down and go through line by line, his meanings, his definitions. I find his mind so curious and fascinating and I bet that if we found out all his meanings, a lot of them would be different to what we think they are.....:naughty:

maybe with 'watering hole' he means something else....he is well known for writing naughty lyrics and making them sound innocent

:mf_rosetinted:

Aaurora... that's absolutely the meaning of it... watering/wet/hole/etc...

he said he loved to write naughty lyrics, sexual lyrics , it's easier for people to accept that reality when it's "hidden" behind a powerful pop music ;)

and it's not only in big girl....

mmmwwwaahhh my baby, hope people are not too shocked, bad naughty naughty naughty mika:naughty:

I clicked on the link and I found there are just slight errors (in red):

no need to fantasies

since I was in braces

of a watering hole where the girls are round

and curves in all the right places

Hmm, well, while it does say "in MY" braces, the rest is just as the lyric sheet has them.

Considering Mika's, er, issues with spelling and the fact that there are plenty of other grammatical mistakes in his lyrics, I don't know if the "fantasies" part is a mistake on the part of whoever was typing up the lyric sheet for publication, or Mika.

As for the meaning: No need to fantasize about finding a watering hole with girls who have "curves in all the right places." The question for me is in whether he's been fantasizing about such a watering hole since he first started wearing braces, or whether there's been "no need" to fantasize since then, because of the Butterfly Lounge.

--Jack

maybe with 'watering hole' he means something else....he is well known for writing naughty lyrics and making them sound innocent

:mf_rosetinted:

If he really dashed the song off in 15 minutes there's probably no hidden meaning.

I don't get the braces thing at all. If I didn't see him twanging his braces on stage in Toronto I wouldn't have even known he was talking about suspenders and would have taken it as a reference to teen fantasies that are fulfilled as he walks into the Butterfly Lounge.

I wonder what he sings in Big Girl (You´re A Beautiful)

Am I right with a watering hole with the girls around" ?

I can´t find another lyric, but someone told me it can also be that he sings a wuthering hole" .

Does someone knows the exact words of the line?

Definately watering hole, no idea what a wuthering hole is, but a watering hole would easily make sence as a place for people to gather.

I thought it was

A watering hole where the girls are round

???

Nope, I definately hear watering hole with the girls around.

Yeah, I think its watering hole, and another thing - does what exactly does he say before 'then who'll be callin' you baby?' Is it 'Big boy cmon around' or something different? Ive been stuck on that one for a while.

Big boy come on around

Anyone has a clue?

Sometimes when he's singing lady he sings it "lay-dee" and sometimes it's "liy-dee" ... I'm still sure he means lady though.

Any ideas??

I'm sure it's "since I was in my braces"

weird!!!

Yeah, I've always listened to it and gone "but ... what?".

It'd either have to mean there's no need to fantasize because he's wearing his braces, or that he hasn't needed to since he started wearing braces, which doesn't relaly make sence, because is there an age that you start wearing braces? Hey, maybe that does make sence ... because he grew up with 'big girls' ... he's never needed to imagine big girls ... maybe ... maybe not ... maybe I have no idea what I'm saying ...

I really want to sit this boy down and go through line by line, his meanings, his definitions. I find his mind so curious and fascinating and I bet that if we found out all his meanings, a lot of them would be different to what we think they are.....:naughty:

:naughty: Didn't he say in an interview once that lyrics are like poetry, and you shouldn't ask the writer what they mean because the whole point is that you have to draw your own meanings?

... What do I care what meanings I pull, I wanna know what he meant when he wrote it! :crybaby:

...since I WAS in my braces.

All the lyrics are typed out in the Japanese CD release. (Which I got just for this purpose, yay me.)

Avoca typed them out here!

All this info and more to go in the FAQs!

I didn't think that those were necesarily the correct lyrics? I'm sure (I read it like yesterday) that on the site selling those Japanese CDs it says that they come with Japanese lyrics and an English version "with humorous Engrish mistakes", so if the English version of the lyrics was translated from the Japanese lyrics, where did the Japanese lyrics come from? They must have made them themselves I thought, and not gotten them from Mika?

If he really dashed the song off in 15 minutes there's probably no hidden meaning.

I don't get the braces thing at all. If I didn't see him twanging his braces on stage in Toronto I wouldn't have even known he was talking about suspenders and would have taken it as a reference to teen fantasies that are fulfilled as he walks into the Butterfly Lounge.

Haha, maybe the braces twanging is to confuse us, and he is actually talking about teeth braces :naughty: