2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VIDEOS:

All righty....so because the videos I uploaded to youtube majorly suck when it comes to quality, I uploaded some "good quality" ones here for any brave souls out there who feel patient enough to download them....Believe me they are quite worth it imo!

I will slowly do the rest as well, and try to get better ones on youtube on top of it. Myspace is not letting me and neither is stage6, so I'm kinda stuck with youtube!!

“Ring Ring.AVI" (213.31 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SOLSX1RV

"LoveTodayII.AVI" (500.99 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TLCAAFD

"Grace Kelly.AVI" (397 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCHZ9N2K

Hello sariflor!! Thank you so much for uploading the videos! I am trying now to download them so that I can watch them in good quality and bring back the good memories about the show! :wink2:

Muchas Gracias!

good morning sariflor! thank you for putting your videos up for us! however, i can't seem to be able to download "love today" it doesn't ask for the "secret code" and i don't see a download button. no problem with grace kelly though. is that just me?

aahh me too! I really want to see the Love Today one in good quality.

I think it's because it is so big, and it only allows it to be downloaded with premium. but I don't have that.

I still can't stop raving about the concert. Mika...that man is a animal onstage! I don't know if it's just me but, I think that Mika looks even more handsome in person. Does anyobdy have a video of Mika at the Kool Haus, after the show when he met all his fans outside? I was there but I would really, really like to see a video where I can hear what he's saying. Thanks!

VIDEOS:

All righty....so because the videos I uploaded to youtube majorly suck when it comes to quality, I uploaded some "good quality" ones here for any brave souls out there who feel patient enough to download them....Believe me they are quite worth it imo!

I will slowly do the rest as well, and try to get better ones on youtube on top of it. Myspace is not letting me and neither is stage6, so I'm kinda stuck with youtube!!

Thank you SO much for these videos! The quality is AMAZING, and I still can't believe I was there! :punk: Just wondering, but what kind of camera did you use?

Would it be a hassle to split "Love Today" into 2 parts? Then we could probaby download it. :mf_lustslow:

Great Big Girl video. Gives you an idea of how on fire Mika was and how wild the audience was. Whoever filmed it must have been to the right of Suzy because you can see a wand coming into frame a few times on the left.

what kind of camera do you use? It gets absolutely AMAZING video!

Great Big Girl video. Gives you an idea of how on fire Mika was and how wild the audience was. Whoever filmed it must have been to the right of Suzy because you can see a wand coming into frame a few times on the left.

Thanks for posting that! Love the kind and fine wand. :punk:

Do you ever get the urge to tell the people around you who are screaming the lyrics to just STFU? Granted, everyone there was probably screaming, so it makes no difference. :naughty:

Do you ever get the urge to tell the people around you who are screaming the lyrics to just STFU? Granted, everyone there was probably screaming, so it makes no difference. :naughty:

Lol. Certainly not - because then that would mean me telling Christine, Sariflor, closetmikafan, cassiopee, Becks, and myself to STFU!! :roftl:

Lol. Certainly not - because then that would mean me telling Christine, Sariflor, closetmikafan, cassiopee, Becks, and myself to STFU!! :roftl:

Hey, sometimes you gotta' say what you gotta' say. :naughty:

But apart from your lovely angelic voices, it seemed the audience was really loud. Now, I'm optimistic because most concerts I've been to the audio is so freakin' loud you almost need earplugs - you didn't have trouble hearing him, did you? :blink:

Hey, sometimes you gotta' say what you gotta' say. :naughty:

But apart from your lovely angelic voices, it seemed the audience was really loud. Now, I'm optimistic because most concerts I've been to the audio is so freakin' loud you almost need earplugs - you didn't have trouble hearing him, did you? :blink:

Oh gosh no. No trouble hearing Mika at all...

Thanks for posting that! Love the kind and fine wand. :punk:

What the camera audio picks up and what you here with your ears are very different. Which of course explains why all the singing sounds like it comes from people who are completely deaf. :naughty:

For the most part Mika's vocals are louder than the singing and I don't know about other people, but I only start really shouting when Mika turns the mic on the audience because that's the reaction he's looking for. They've also got small mics in the middle of each side of the stage that face the audience in order to amplify their singing.

Mika really gets off on it so I'm not going to rain on his parade. When the audience starts singing along to Any Other World he gets so giddy he can barely contain himself. If you see him do that during your show you know you're going to have a very, very good night.

Nevermind.

You're not one of the singers are you? :fisch:

When the audience starts singing along to Any Other World he gets so giddy he can barely contain himself.

Here's the Any Other World video... at 2:45

You're not one of the singers are you? :fisch:

ROFL! Nah, you all sounded perfectly angelic. :angel_not:

Just wanted to make sure Mika's legion of backup singers weren't gonna drown him out. On the flip side - being that close to the front, did you find it overly loud? I've been to some shows that were loud to the point of being painful. :blink:

I love his reaction in Any Other World. Reminds of the recording from Bologna where he lets out a little giggle. :wub2:

On the flip side - being that close to the front, did you find it overly loud? I've been to some shows that were loud to the point of being painful. :blink:

No not at all. I've heard a couple of people say from the US gigs that their ears were ringing the next morning but it wasn't that loud in the Kool Haus. Of course I'm a bit deaf from too many Ozzy concerts circa 1984 when they cranked up the sound system so loud it literally churned the inside of your stomach. Nowadays they hang speakers from the rafters in arenas so they don't have to blast the sound from the floor in order to reach the upper levels.

This was just a club and we weren't really near the speakers because we were in the centre, so the audio was perfect. At least until Mika's microphone stopped working. :boxed:

Thank you SO much for these videos! The quality is AMAZING, and I still can't believe I was there! :punk: Just wondering, but what kind of camera did you use?

Would it be a hassle to split "Love Today" into 2 parts? Then we could probaby download it. :mf_lustslow:

I use a Canon Ixus 950 IS.

I bought it specifically because the video function was good, and I'm really happy with it. It's a tiny little thing, but it does the job.

It's just a shame that when I put them up in youtube (and especially this last gig) it looks so crappy.

I'll try and split LT, and somehow make it a bit smaller so I can upload it there too. It's absolutely amazing!!!

I agree,what a fantastic song Any Other World was. It's one of my favs but I didn't record it because I have it so many times already, but maybe I should have,lol!!

:wub2: Aaaaah the kind and fine wand!!

Hahaha!! I am probably the worst culprit there.

For some reason, this gig I was singing particularly loudly, and particularly off tune. I sounded HORRIFIC and completely tone-deaf.Sigh.

Apologies to everyone.

I normally sing a bit better but this time I blame it on my cold and sore throat, that made me sound baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I cringe when I watch the videos now.

But yes, we had no problems hearing Mika, the sound was just perfect. Not too loud and not too low.

Just watched In Any other world and BG vids, gosh he was amazing that night, totally ON FIRE!!

Christine I can see why you would feel another MIKA concert might be a let down after such a superlative show!:wink2:

Treasure these memories!:wub2:

Just watched In Any other world and BG vids, gosh he was amazing that night, totally ON FIRE!!

Christine I can see why you would feel another MIKA concert might be a let down after such a superlative show!:wink2:

Treasure these memories!:wub2:

Yeah that's the thing - I want to treasure them. I feel like another gig right now will just spoil it. Hopefully I'll feel different in a couple of weeks because it would be silly not to enjoy 3 more concerts when I've got the chance and it's probably going to be at least a year before I can see him again.

Are you doing all 3 London shows???

You should be fine by the time they roll around, and you have had the excitement of flying over there and all.

Think of me, hanging out for a Japan show sometime in 2008...:wink2:

(If you bump into Mika on your travels, you could ask him to put me out of my misery!)

someone gave him sour patch kids and he was like "Brilliant" I was so happy i was there to witness this moment

Amazing show!

I was actually the one who gave him the gift, but they weren't Sour Patch Kids. Let me explain...

I was shopping the Monday before the concert when I saw these squishy toy body parts (a hand, eye etc) and I thought to myself, "those are for Mika" because in the "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD he talks about the Fingertips song and how he like the idea of picking up body parts around a city and then saying it said that it was "sick". So when I got thew opportunity to give him the squishy body parts and he said they were "brilliant"...I just about died.

I was actually the one who gave him the gift, but they weren't Sour Patch Kids. Let me explain...

I was shopping the Monday before the concert when I saw these squishy toy body parts (a hand, eye etc) and I thought to myself, "those are for Mika" because in the "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD he talks about the Fingertips song and how he like the idea of picking up body parts around a city and then saying it said that it was "sick". So when I got thew opportunity to give him the squishy body parts and he said they were "brilliant"...I just about died.

Hahahaha! Those sound like fun. Do you remember the name? Where did you get them?

take a gummy bear

make it sour then cover it in sour sugar

and there you have a sour patch kid lol

he got the biggest smile on his face when the fan handed them to him

I know I already replied to this quote but I'm still so excited about it. After the Kool Haus concert, I was towards the back of the crowd of people, so I had to do my "excuse me's" and get myself more towards the front (still not beside Mika...tear) to hand him my gift (which were squishy toy body parts, in honour of the Fingertips song, as I said before). I said, "Mika, in honour of the Fingertips song." He took them and said something along the lines of "what are these?" and then I guess he realized what they were and he called them "brilliant"!!! He made my night with the most fabulous concert but then he went on and made my whole...life (so far) when I got to see him outside the venue and he accepted my gift!!! I was so glad to read that other fans noticed that moment because I was so pleased!!! And for the "biggest smile on his face "...isn't it so cute and contagious...when I see his smile, I can't do anything but...SMILE!!!