2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

I'm still over the moon that Mika called my gift "brilliant" because he is the best person ever...in so many ways. And for someone (Christine) to hear him from the back, reckognizing my gift is so awesome! Postergirl asked me to see what I gave him so here it is...I hope that it works. Again...my gift was a package of squishy toy body parts, in honur of the Fingertips song. And don't forget that Mika thought they were "brilliant"...with that adorable smile of his on his face.

100_1928.jpg

Thank you so much for the pic!

Hahaha! That is brilliant! :roftl:

I really like it!

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh :roftl: funny thing that happened and I forgot to tell everyone!

Wednesday morning some MFCs meet at a restaurant called Casey's for a brunch that looked a lot like a lunch at 11:00 and they had this in the menu!

th_P1300304.jpg

(Click it!)

:roftl:

I had to take a picture and ended up tipping my water glass all over Becky's menu. :blush-anim-cl: We couldn't stop talking about it. After the waiter came to take our orders and said something like "what does everyone want, some Chicken Pecan Lollipops to start maybe?"

Ohh funny thing that happened and I forgot to tell everyone!

Wednesday morning some MFCs meet at a restaurant called Casey's for a brunch that looked a lot like a lunch at 11:00 and they had this in the menu!

th_P1300304.jpg

(Click it!)

I had to take a picture and ended up tipping my water glass all over Becky's menu. We couldn't stop talking about it. After the waiter came to take our orders and said something like "what does everyone want, some Chicken Pecan Lollipops to start maybe?"

OH that is TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!! I'd have felt completely obligated to order them... it was fate!!!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

th_P1300304.jpg

(Click it!)

I had to take a picture and ended up tipping my water glass all over Becky's menu. :blush-anim-cl: We couldn't stop talking about it. After the waiter came to take our orders and said something like "what does everyone want, some Chicken Pecan Lollipops to start maybe?"

Oh yes! I now regret not having a taste...of lollipop chicken!

Right so now that the gig has been over for almost a week...I have finally found time to post a bit....but there have been so many reports mine won't be long....

So as you probably have heard...we DID NOT sleep the night after the Montréal gig...too much excitement and getting back to Véro's so late...we just decided to stay awake and sleep on the bus.

We got to the bus depot...had some greasy breakfast and boarded the bus...and fell asleep right away.

Finally (I hate taking the bus) we got to Toronto, figured out how to get to the hotel and got our room. We got ready as fast as we could cuz we wanted to get to the queue as soon as we could to get a good spot. We walked to the venue and met up with Suzy, Christine, closetmikafan and Sariflor (so happy I got to meet you all) then went to our place in line....and waited...and waited....and then it got cold, foggy and a bit rainy....luckily enough, Cassiopée brought her umbrella and I had my brand new Mika toque to keep me warm LOL!!

So finally we got to go in, the scanned my ticket and I tried so hard not to run past the huge security guy....I was so disoriented when I got inside cuz i couldn't find the stage but then I spotted Suzy and Christine and ran up behind them...and stayed put not matter how much the crowd pushed me, and believe me, they pushed...I almost turned around and hit someone I was soo mad....I'm not a violent person really....just misunderstood.

The concert was amazing!!! I was in the centre of the stage so I got so many amazing pics!! He stayed there so much...might have also been because the stage was so small.:naughty:

My favorite part was the infamous hiccup (thank you Sara for getting it on video...it came in handy when we were stranded in Montréal Friday night).

Brilliant show all around and I had so much energy after the show...I was jumping around and couldn't stand still. People thought I was cold:roftl: :roftl: but the weather in Toronto was nothing compared to what I get here in Saskatoon.

So Mika came out briefly, spoke to a few people then left. :thumbdown:

I managed to take a pic of Luke when he came out to talk for a bit but couldn't get a pic of Mikey.

We left when they got on the bus and walked back to the hotel. We ordered pizza and laughed so hard about nothing...you know when you are full of energy but so exhausted that everything is funny?:roftl: :roftl:

The next day was fun as well...lunch with Suzy, Christine, closetmikafan and Sariflor....the CN tower was so much fun!! It's amazing what fun you can have in a souvenir shop when you have a camera :mf_rosetinted:

So there is my report...not sure if I added anything new to the many reports but there you have it.

th_P1300304.jpg

(Click it!)

omg... the waiter must have thought you guys were nuts!!! :roftl:

So I've read the reports of the Koolhaus concert, and I have to say I was really...disappointed in the whole night. The crowd was crazy, the sound wasn't..wasn't rich enough...and Mika was...umm...Mika....

sic!

AAHH I can't lie anymore! That night was probably the most AMAAAAZING night of my life!!!!!! I won't do a review because the ones I've read are incredible enough already. My only regret was that time seemed to go by sooooooooooooo fast!! Is it selfish of me to have wanted a 12 hour concert?

Ah well. Amaazing night. I can't even listen to his cd anymore...simply because I want to keep his live performance stuck in my mind for as long as possible, lol.

Mika! :mf_lustslow:

So I've read the reports of the Koolhaus concert, and I have to say I was really...disappointed in the whole night. The crowd was crazy, the sound wasn't..wasn't rich enough...and Mika was...umm...Mika....

sic!

AAHH I can't lie anymore! That night was probably the most AMAAAAZING night of my life!!!!!! I won't do a review because the ones I've read are incredible enough already. My only regret was that time seemed to go by sooooooooooooo fast!! Is it selfish of me to have wanted a 12 hour concert?

Ah well. Amaazing night. I can't even listen to his cd anymore...simply because I want to keep his live performance stuck in my mind for as long as possible, lol.

when i first read it i was like...WTF? LOL.:naughty: I agree. Best. Thing. Ever.

sic!

Not selfish at all...a longer concert would've been much appreciated :mf_rosetinted:

They go by soooo fast!!!:boxed:

You got me there! I was thinking "This person's nuts! And how dare they put a damper on my perfect night!" LOL

I wish it had been longer too. Actually, I just wish I could have split myself into two people - one to get the pictures/videos, and one to just forget the camera and soak the whole thing in.

Right so now that the gig has been over for almost a week...I have finally found time to post a bit....but there have been so many reports mine won't be long....

So as you probably have heard...we DID NOT sleep the night after the Montréal gig...too much excitement and getting back to Véro's so late...we just decided to stay awake and sleep on the bus.

We got to the bus depot...had some greasy breakfast and boarded the bus...and fell asleep right away.

Finally (I hate taking the bus) we got to Toronto, figured out how to get to the hotel and got our room. We got ready as fast as we could cuz we wanted to get to the queue as soon as we could to get a good spot. We walked to the venue and met up with Suzy, Christine, closetmikafan and Sariflor (so happy I got to meet you all) then went to our place in line....and waited...and waited....and then it got cold, foggy and a bit rainy....luckily enough, Cassiopée brought her umbrella and I had my brand new Mika toque to keep me warm LOL!!

So finally we got to go in, the scanned my ticket and I tried so hard not to run past the huge security guy....I was so disoriented when I got inside cuz i couldn't find the stage but then I spotted Suzy and Christine and ran up behind them...and stayed put not matter how much the crowd pushed me, and believe me, they pushed...I almost turned around and hit someone I was soo mad....I'm not a violent person really....just misunderstood.

The concert was amazing!!! I was in the centre of the stage so I got so many amazing pics!! He stayed there so much...might have also been because the stage was so small.:naughty:

My favorite part was the infamous hiccup (thank you Sara for getting it on video...it came in handy when we were stranded in Montréal Friday night).

Brilliant show all around and I had so much energy after the show...I was jumping around and couldn't stand still. People thought I was cold:roftl: :roftl: but the weather in Toronto was nothing compared to what I get here in Saskatoon.

So Mika came out briefly, spoke to a few people then left. :thumbdown:

I managed to take a pic of Luke when he came out to talk for a bit but couldn't get a pic of Mikey.

We left when they got on the bus and walked back to the hotel. We ordered pizza and laughed so hard about nothing...you know when you are full of energy but so exhausted that everything is funny?:roftl: :roftl:

The next day was fun as well...lunch with Suzy, Christine, closetmikafan and Sariflor....the CN tower was so much fun!! It's amazing what fun you can have in a souvenir shop when you have a camera :mf_rosetinted:

So there is my report...not sure if I added anything new to the many reports but there you have it.

I don't have much to add except I finally met Vicky! (We were supposed to meet in Montreal last summer...) It's too bad time goes so fast during a concert! I don't think Toronto was his best concert but I least I managed to get eye contacts with him during the gig *faints*

You protected me from all those freaks and I'm forever grateful! :wub2:

I'm so glad all of you could make it to TO.

sic!

:roftl: I was thinking is this girl out of her mind???

Look at this pic....:wub2: :wub2:

2233573130_e8bdb68645_o.jpg

You protected me from all those freaks and I'm forever grateful! :wub2:

I'm so glad all of you could make it to TO.

No problem!! Sorry for falling on you a couple of times!!:naughty:

:roftl: I was thinking is this girl out of her mind???

Look at this pic....:wub2:

2233573130_e8bdb68645_o.jpg

OH

MY

GOD

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Can I steal this pic?

No problem!! Sorry for falling on you a couple of times!!:naughty:

No one came near me until Mika was on stage and as soon as he came out I was completely oblivious.

Can I steal this pic?

Yeah it's not mine, I just found it on Flickr. I'm not quite sure where he was at that point. I don't see any wands. :naughty:

Thanks Christine. :wub2:

I wonder what type of camera he had. They are really good pics, and doesn't look like he was right at the front, judging by the heads in the last one.

It's a Canon Rebel XTI. I was looking at getting one but decided against it specifically because of concerts. Security tends to get a lot more uptight if you've got an SLR than a point and shoot.

A bit difficult to jump around with my wand in one hand and an SLR in the other too. :naughty:

Only two unfortunately. I don't know how this guy was getting the fog to work so well for him. It messed up most of my photos.

2235590898_a0c61f6b9a_o.jpg

Lovely photo of Mika!!! :wub2:

Saranayde looks like she is strangling Drunky Crow in it :roftl: