2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

*Salutes the brave souls who actually read the whole thing.*

That was GREAT! Thanks for posting it here :thumb_yello: I love hearing all the different takes on everything :mf_rosetinted:

oh,and by the way, my snow dance yesterday, mentioned in another post of mine? YEA TOTALLY paid off....no school baby! Looooots of snow!

LOL! Good work! :naughty:

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Thanks so much Sunshine and LadyGodiva and her sister for the fantastic reports!!

It gives us a chance to see what it was like for you guys, what an incredible experience it must have been!:wub2:

Ok, here (most of) my videos from the gig...youtube was giving me tons of hassle this time so I had to compress them a bit too much, hence the poor quality which I'm not happy with.

I'll try getting better quality ones up this weekend, but in the meantime here is "something".

It's very disappointing to see how bad they look , when the original files are in fact quite good!!

In any case:

Ring Ring:

Grace Kelly:

Love Today part I:

Love Today part II:

Love Today part III:

Stuck in the Middle:

How Much Do You Love Me:

Missionary Man:

Billy Brown:

Holy Johnny:

coming soon

Lollipop:

coming soon

My interpretation:

coming soon

Oh, Thanks so much Sunshine and LadyGodiva and her sister for the fantastic reports!!

It gives us a chance to see what it was like for you guys, what an incredible experience it must have been!:wub2:

Ok, here (most of) my videos from the gig...youtube was giving me tons of hassle this time so I had to compress them a bit too much, hence the poor quality which I'm not happy with.

I'll try getting better quality ones up this weekend, but in the meantime here is "something".

It's very disappointing to see how bad they look , when the original files are in fact quite good!!

In any case:

Ring Ring:

Grace Kelly:

Love Today part I:

Love Today part II:

Love Today part III:

Stuck in the Middle:

How Much Do You Love Me:

Missionary Man:

Billy Brown:

Holy Johnny:

coming soon

Lollipop:

coming soon

My interpretation:

coming soon

They are really good!!!!! Thanks Sara :huglove:

Mika has been some of my firsts: my first artist that I truly adore and my first concert (at the Kool Haus...which was pretty sweet). After the conert when we were all waiting to meet him...I gave him my gift. It was in honour of the Fingertips song. He said it was BRILLIANT!

Mika has been some of my firsts: my first artist that I truly adore and my first concert (at the Kool Haus...which was pretty sweet). After the conert when we were all waiting to meet him...I gave him my gift. It was in honour of the Fingertips song. He said it was BRILLIANT!

Welcome - glad you had a good time, and got the chance to give

him your gift!! :thumb_yello:

I was so happy that he actually greeted fans outside (since it was cold and he was sick)...he's so great! In the "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD, Mika talks about the Fingertips song and how he likes the idea of picking up body parts around a city and then proceeding to say that it's sick. So Monday I was out shopping when I saw these squishy body parts (a hand, an eye etc) and I thought to myself..."Those are for Mika". So when he took the gift and said it was "brilliant", that just about made my day...not wait my life!!!

The films where amazing, thank you!:wub2:

I loved to hear you guys sing along, you sounded so happy and enthusiastic!

Really so into the moment!

It surprised me that you know all the lyrics in HMDYLM by heart, well done, they are not easy.:thumb_yello:

I could see that Mika looked at you many times and smiled a lot, so sweet!:wub2:

I was so happy that he actually greeted fans outside (since it was cold and he was sick)...he's so great! In the "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD, Mika talks about the Fingertips song and how he likes the idea of picking up body parts around a city and then proceeding to say that it's sick. So Monday I was out shopping when I saw these squishy body parts (a hand, an eye etc) and I thought to myself..."Those are for Mika". So when he took the gift and said it was "brilliant", that just about made my day...not wait my life!!!

What a great present!! :thumb_yello:

After the main show at the Kool Haus security said he was playing an extra set for people with people with passes. What I was wondering is how people got those passes (because I sure wanted one)?

That sounds like the aftershow party - and its guests only I think!!

I would give anything to get to one of the aftershow parties! I would

sit in the corner quietly - and just watch!!! :wub2:

The films where amazing, thank you!:wub2:

I loved to hear you guys sing along, you sounded so happy and enthusiastic!

Really so into the moment!

I don't think I was singing too loudly until Mika turned the microphone on us and then I'd go nuts because you can see how much he loves the audience response. They actually have little microphones pointed at the audience to magnify the effect and it gets the whole room going because of course everyone in the front is shouting along with Mika.

It's a good thing I was in the front with the wizard wand though. Otherwise I would have poked someone's eye out with that thing. :naughty: I was more or less stunned half the time in Brixton, just staring at him. But this show his energy was so contagious. He's giving 200% of himself and every time he comes near you just want to give it right back to him.

I was totally wiped out by the end of the concert. It's easy to understand now how he can be so hyper on stage and so completely knackered an hour later that he just wants to get to bed. You get so carried away in the moment but it catches up with you later and knocks you on your ass.

Wasn't the Kool Haus gig so amazing? I think that one of my favourite parts in the concert was when Mika was at the keyboard playing "Stuck in the Middle" and he got the hiccups...he was so adorable. Also, who was that backup singer that he had onstage the whole time with him (you know the woman who wore the Vegas stlye head dress and she also wore a purple dress and heals at a different point)? Is she a friend or family or something along those lines?

I was totally wiped out by the end of the concert. It's easy to understand now how he can be so hyper on stage and so completely knackered an hour later that he just wants to get to bed. You get so carried away in the moment but it catches up with you later and knocks you on your ass.

Yeah, exactly. After the show I could not speak because I had been screaming the lyrics to every song. It's a good thing I had to wait awhile to talk to him, otherwise I would have had to mime everything! And I was SO tired, but the adrenaline kept me going for hours afterward.

Also, who was that backup singer that he had onstage the whole time with him (you know the woman who wore the Vegas stlye head dress and she also wore a purple dress and heals at a different point)? Is she a friend or family or something along those lines?

Her name is Saranayde and as far as I know she was hired for the job because she is a professional singer and not because she has any prior connections to Mika. She's worked with Sting and some other singers in the past.

Now that the fog has lifted and I'm slowly getting back to normalcy...I'm remembering a few random details about this gig if anyone cares. :naughty:

MRS. PENNIMAN's EYEGLASSES.

So at the end of the "Lollipop" performance, Mrs. Penniman (Mika's mum) comes out to fetch the big balloons that have gotten trapped between the stage and the barriers in front row. She kindly gives a pink balloon to my niece (mikaluvr93) beside me.

Moments later, my hubby (closetmikafan) notices a pair of eyeglasses on the floor that security and/or roadies are so close to stepping on! :blink:

He asks them to pick up "his" glasses - although he is already wearing his own pair on his face as he asks this!!!!:roftl: Silly....

He puts 2 and 2 together and realizes they belong to Mrs. Penniman.:blink:

He uses this as an excuse to hand them over to....Yasmine - outside the venue at the end of the show. :wub2: Naaahhh, I'm not jealous. Yasmine's look is best described as "dumbfounded mixed with being thankful". She's probably wondering "How the heck?...":roftl:

I think sariflor or Christine have a pic of my hubby donning Mrs Penniman's eyeglasses!

So the next morning we woke up, had showers, and had a CRAPPY breakfast at the hotel. We packed our stuff and went to do the check out and give our luggage so they could keep it for us during the day.

The we had lunch at Casey's with Suzy, Christine, Closetmikafan and Sariflor which was SUPER FUN !!! I'm sooooooooooooooooo gonna miss you guys !!! Highlight of the meal : "chicken pecan lollipops" on the menu :naughty:

Then we went outside to freeeeze our arses off... good god it was SO COLD !!! good thing we didn't have that weather the day before !

Then we went to the CN tower, had fun on the glass floor... had MAJOR FUN in the souvenir store.... LOL !!!! we are the WORST tourists EVER it was hilarious !!!! Poor people working there !!!! :roftl: We even had a "wallet or purse" debate which I got on tape lol...

Then we came back to our hotel, tooke our luggage, went to the bus station and took the bus back to Montréal !!!

And that's the end !!!

Sorry for the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnng mega detailed reports, it seems I just can't help it lol !!! :naughty:

Thank you so much is such a pleasure reading you !

Natie x

After the main show at the Kool Haus security said he was playing an extra set for people with people with passes. What I was wondering is how people got those passes (because I sure wanted one)?

I don't know what the security was thinking, but i don't think that mika could have played an extra set even if he had wanted to. There was a meet and greet with the press and such but no real 'after party' sort of thing that i know of. I really don't see how that would have been possible.:blink:

I don't know what the security was thinking, but i don't think that mika could have played an extra set even if he had wanted to. There was a meet and greet with the press and such but no real 'after party' sort of thing that i know of. I really don't see how that would have been possible.:blink:

Yeah, as far as I know right after the show Mika did interviews, then had a little celebration for Mikey, then met the Lollipop Girls/Big Girls and took pics, and then left. It would be cool to see a smaller set, though. *dreaming*

Now that the fog has lifted and I'm slowly getting back to normalcy...I'm remembering a few random details about this gig if anyone cares. :naughty:

So at the end of the "Lollipop" performance, Mrs. Penniman (Mika's mum) comes out to fetch the big balloons that have gotten trapped between the stage and the barriers in front row. She kindly gives a pink balloon to my niece (mikaluvr93) beside me.

Moments later, my hubby (closetmikafan) notices a pair of eyeglasses on the floor that security and/or roadies are so close to stepping on! :blink:

He asks them to pick up "his" glasses - although he is already wearing his own pair on his face as he asks this!!!!:roftl: Silly....

He puts 2 and 2 together and realizes they belong to Mrs. Penniman.:blink:

He uses this as an excuse to hand them over to....Yasmine - outside the venue at the end of the show. :wub2: Naaahhh, I'm not jealous. Yasmine's look is best described as "dumbfounded mixed with being thankful". She's probably wondering "How the heck?...":roftl:

I think sariflor or Christine have a pic of my hubby donning Mrs Penniman's eyeglasses!

:lmfao: what are the chances of something like that happening?!?!?! :roftl;

I don't know what the security was thinking, but i don't think that mika could have played an extra set even if he had wanted to. There was a meet and greet with the press and such but no real 'after party' sort of thing that i know of. I really don't see how that would have been possible.

I agree with this, I didn't think that he'd be in any state to sing more after one of his gigs, and ESPECIALLY after the Toronto one, seeing how intense it was and how much he exerted himself.

But then again, the security there were seemingly quite dumb (except my hero Omar!!) so I would take what they say with a pinch of salt:roftl: .

Now that the fog has lifted and I'm slowly getting back to normalcy...I'm remembering a few random details about this gig if anyone cares.

Moments later, my hubby (closetmikafan) notices a pair of eyeglasses on the floor that security and/or roadies are so close to stepping on!

He puts 2 and 2 together and realizes they belong to Mrs. Penniman.

He uses this as an excuse to hand them over to....Yasmine - outside the venue at the end of the show. Naaahhh, I'm not jealous. Yasmine's look is best described as "dumbfounded mixed with being thankful". She's probably wondering "How the heck?...":roftl:

Here is ClosetMikaFan wearing Mrs. Penniman's glasses. :roftl:

cmf.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Suzy!

The glasses incident was hilarious!!! So funny, and how cute was it when closetmikafan went over to give the glasses to Yasmine, haha!

That day was truly special and memorable for so many reasons :punk:.

P.S.

Did I mention about security? How observant are they, when he's wearing glasses already and asking for "his" off the floor, hahaha!!

VIDEOS:

All righty....so because the videos I uploaded to youtube majorly suck when it comes to quality, I uploaded some "good quality" ones here for any brave souls out there who feel patient enough to download them....Believe me they are quite worth it imo!

I will slowly do the rest as well, and try to get better ones on youtube on top of it. Myspace is not letting me and neither is stage6, so I'm kinda stuck with youtube!!

“Ring Ring.AVI" (213.31 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SOLSX1RV

"LoveTodayII.AVI" (500.99 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TLCAAFD

"Grace Kelly.AVI" (397 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCHZ9N2K

VIDEOS:

All righty....so because the videos I uploaded to youtube majorly suck when it comes to quality, I uploaded some "good quality" ones here for any brave souls out there who feel patient enough to download them....Believe me they are quite worth it imo!

I will slowly do the rest as well, and try to get better ones on youtube on top of it. Myspace is not letting me and neither is stage6, so I'm kinda stuck with youtube!!

“Ring Ring.AVI" (213.31 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SOLSX1RV

"LoveTodayII.AVI" (500.99 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TLCAAFD

"Grace Kelly.AVI" (397 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCHZ9N2K

good morning sariflor! thank you for putting your videos up for us! however, i can't seem to be able to download "love today" it doesn't ask for the "secret code" and i don't see a download button. no problem with grace kelly though. is that just me?

good morning sariflor! thank you for putting your videos up for us! however, i can't seem to be able to download "love today" it doesn't ask for the "secret code" and i don't see a download button. no problem with grace kelly though. is that just me?

Oh no!! I hope it's not too big :shocked::thumbdown: I will check it out. Sigh. What a nightmare these large videos are!!

Wow! Haven't got to watching them all yet - but the "hiccup bit" is the best quality yet! I never even heard the bands little musical jigs that they did on the other videos - LOL! "Bwuaow buow bwuooow" :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: