Do you think Mika would rather have a familly instead of his career?

mika- I love you

I couldn't agree more. It's one thing to be a fan, but entirely another ball game to be obsessed - as I think the original poster may be. When I was younger, there were loads of celebrities that I would love to have run off with... obviously didn't happen, but it didn't do me any harm to think they might. I think I was able to distinguish between fantasy and reality which was the key. I'm happily in a relationship and have been for 8 years, but it doesn't stop me dribbling over Johnny Depp or my partner fancying Christina Ricci - it's just natural! It's when these things interfere with "normal life" that it gets out of hand. Yeah, it's nice to have these fantasies, but you mustn't pin all your hopes on them... as they are just fantasies.

Oh memories... when I was 12 years old I was going to marry either Chachi, Kirk Cameron, or the Karati Kid. When I was 14 years old I was going to marry Bon Jovi, and when I was 17 years old I was going to marry Harry Connick Jr. I remember when New Kids on the Block became popular (ouch, it hurts to admit this) I watched every single second of every tv interview I could find, and I taped it and watched it again and again. (There was no YouTube at the time, thank god, or I don't know what would have happened!)

I think that because we have SO much access to today's stars online we end up having an exaggerated sense of knowing them intimately, and we feel closer to them than we should. It's important to remember that even though you feel very close to him, it is only one way.

My dear, you seem like a very sweet girl and I am sure that Mika - and anyone - would like you very much. But he meets a million people who all want to be with him, so I'm sure it would be very difficult for him to really get to know a fan in that way. He's probably very very careful about who he becomes friends with now.

I'm a little bit worried about you, that you are so obsessed. I mean, it's pretty common - and normal - for a teenaged girl to feel that way. There's nothing wrong with loving a famous person and even having fantasies about having a life with them. But it becomes a little worrisome when you start to truly believe that it is going to happen.... that means you are putting your own real life on hold and focussing only on this dream. You're missing out on what is right in front of you... you never know - there may be a boy in your class that has a crush on you and you might not even notice because you are only thinking about Mika.

You are right, Mika has a lot of wonderful qualities, and I think it would be great if you find someone who has a similar personality. But please try to remember your real life too. I'm sure you have a lot of great qualities yourself... for now, just keep focusing on your own interests, education, hobbies and friends, and I'm sure you will find an equally amazing person one day.

Good luck to you!

I loved both your posts- I was about to just post saying "is this thread for real??!!!" but then realised that it is true, teenagers sometimes live in an alternate reality....yet even though this is natural to a point, it can get a bit much and disrupt real life and normal relationships.

Live and forget Mika, admire him as an artist, and as a person, but please don't harbour any romantic feelings (or hoping that he would feel that way towards you) because it will only cause you heartache:thumb_yello: .

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's also said, he doesn't like change. I often think, as the previous poster said, he's still quite insecure. He isn't the type to suddenly notice a fan, and think, "she's for me, I must get with her," because he's not impulsive at all. Only an impulsive, and probably quite shallow pop star, would do such a thing. I think Mika is a person who would have to know someone really well, before he trusts them enough to start any kind of relationship. So, I don't think it will be a fan, who he meets a few times, for a few minutes, at his concerts. For one thing, after his concerts I'd imagine, the only thing he wants to go to bed for, is a good sleep. He's probably really tired after jumping around on the stage, and we all know how much his concerts take out of him.

When he's ready for a relationship, I think he will probably choose someone who has been his friend for a while, so all young fans should make certain they have a life, and relationships, that are not Mika. I'm sure he would be the first person to say that his fans should keep their adoration of him, in perspective.

I completely agree with you

:thumb_yello:

I have been thinking about 'Mika in love' recently.

I think he deserves an amazing love :wub2:

I am sure Mika will never stop writing music and performing,

but I believe he will stop his world-wide tours

as soon as he starts a family :tears:

Sweet Mika always makes the right choice in the end!!! :)

I loved both your posts- I was about to just post saying "is this thread for real??!!!" but then realised that it is true, teenagers sometimes live in an alternate reality....

wow, wow,wow.... I LOVE teenagers because they speak the truth ....

you say "teenagers sometimes live in an alternate reality" I think they live in the pure reality of passion, their love=their senses, adults are the ones to me who live in an alternate reality, they have realised and more or less accepted the fact that their prince(ss) charming would never be mika (or anyone else) and just deal with a bold two teeth missing big belly etc. man, on the other side they keep fantasizing on wo/men they would drop kids and husbands in a minute if they were given the chance to...so who lives in an alternate reality? the girl/boy who is single and young and free and in love with Mika andwho could maybe date the boy someday (who knows+why not?)or a married wo/man who gives the social change with his/her little caring family and probably feels the same??....

I loved this post because it was true, it was honest, it was passionate

...and to the one who told me that love wasnt just a concept as i said...well your right, love is also chemistry, occitocine, adrenaline, endomorphine blah, blah. GRAND.

Fidelity is a lack of opportunity

you say "teenagers sometimes live in an alternate reality" I think they live in the pure reality of passion, their love=their senses, adults are the ones to me who live in an alternate reality, they have realised and more or less accepted the fact that their prince(ss) charming would never be mika (or anyone else) and just deal with a bold two teeth missing big belly etc. man, on the other side they keep fantasizing on wo/men they would drop kids and husbands in a minute if they were given the chance to...so who lives in an alternate reality? the girl/boy who is single and young and free and in love with Mika andwho could maybe date the boy someday (who knows+why not?)or a married wo/man who gives the social change with his/her little caring family and probably feels the same??....

...and to the one who told me that love wasnt just a concept as i said...well your right, love is also chemistry, occitocine, adrenaline, endomorphine blah, blah. GRAND.

beautifully said:wink2:

Yes, the way that young people live passionately and experience their emotions fully is beautiful and is part of being young. I am not trying to take that away from her at all... there is nothing wrong with having strong feelings for someone you admire.

The reason some of us are trying to respond with caution here is that they way she wrote her message reminds us of how these situations can get dangerous for two reasons in particular. I am not saying this would happen with her, but because this forum is filled with many many passionate young fans, I think it's important to say it:

1) For her sake: Getting that caught up in it, to the point where you really do believe it could/will happen, is setting her up for a big disappointment. The problem is that many people, and teenagers in particular, can have problems with serious depression... and when she finally does realize it might not happen, I wouldn't want it to to be really devastating for her. (And some of us can think of other reasons - other than fame - that he may not want to get married and have kids... but I won't burst that bubble for her)

2) For his sake: There have been many times in history where fans have gotten so obsessed with stars, and so delusional that the star feels the same way, that bad things have happened. They start to really believe that "if I could just show him/her how I feel, if I can get close enough he/she will realize", etc. I am NOT saying that this girl would do that, but I think it's important to say it in this thread incase someone else out there is reading it and is in a similar situation. Those kind of delusions can lead to stalking and other really scary things. None of us would want Mika to go through that. That would be very frightening for him, even if the person has good intentions.

That is why we responded like that... not trying to take the joy out of being young. Just trying to take it down a notch, just a little, to a less out-of-control level. You can still feel the joy and the love, without taking it to that other level.

Very right.

I agree totally withy you.

I believe love is something so very beautiful that there can be nothing wholy wrong about it.

But everytime I read posts that say "I love Mika and I want to have a family with him" etc. I wonder have these people seriously thought about what they are saying?

I know there is love and there is love.

I also think that the love these people are experiencing is a love for Mika's charisma, and his aura that radiates from him. This experience can be very exhilarating and is often mistaken for love, even though it is rather something like fascination.

To be quite honest. How can one truly love someone you don't know? And all anyone here really knows of Mika is interviews on tv or in newspapers. No one has ever really talked to him. Now one has spent enough time with him to get to know him for who he really is.

I believe Mika is an hones person, but do we really know that the person who we see on stage or in interviews is the real Mika? He himself says that he has two personalities, one for singing and one for writing, who knows if there isn't a third?

A personality for his private life, of which non of us knows.

I'd just like to say, think about this before giving your heart away to someone you don't really know.

Everyone has mistakes and I'm sure Mika is no exeption. Maybe has a few quirks you couldn't stand in a relationship.

To be quite honest. How can one truly love someone you don't know?

Very true... us who've "been there, done that" can say it's lust! But I also understand it's all part of the teenage angst to have a crush on a celebrity that you just can't have.

I also agree with Indigo's point that all most of the people on here know of Mika is from what we've read. I've been lucky enough to have a conversation with him (and I feel very lucky that he took the time to chat with me and my partner), but that doesn't mean I know him any better than before... he was just a pleasant guy... which we already knew!

I thought I was going to run off to Australia with Rick Springfield at 14, but I think real boys start to take the place of pop stars when you get another few years older.

If the real boys don't pan out you can go back to popstars when you reach your 30s like I did. :naughty:

I've come across some fans that are on the edge of reality when it comes to Mika.

One girl I met at Birmingham (not an MFCer as far as i am aware) was terribily upset that Mika hadn't called her after she gave him a card with her phone number in it. She really believed that he would, nothing I could say (I tried to be gentle) would convince her otherwise.

I hear stories about girls "saving themselves" for Mika and I just want to scream.

I am a huge Mika fan, I adore his music and think the guy looks fanastic but he's in the same cateory as Johnny Depp for me, a pure fantasy.

I do wory that people that are this blinded by hero-worship of stars are missing out on life.

P.S BareNaked Lady, I agree with the Q&A in your sig wholeheartly!

Mika has already said that he still acts like a 24 year old guy, he just does it behind closed doors.

I thought I was going to run off to Australia with Rick Springfield at 14, but I think real boys start to take the place of pop stars when you get another few years older.

If the real boys don't pan out you can go back to popstars when you reach your 30s like I did.

:shocked::roftl: ........ "Run off to Australia with Rick Springfield ....... " ....... :roftl: ..... hahahah .... I saw him on a 'come-back' show on TV recently here in OZ Christine ...... & he is hotter than ever !!!!!!!!!!!:blush-anim-cl::naughty::wink2::roftl:

Very right.

I agree totally withy you.

I believe love is something so very beautiful that there can be nothing wholy wrong about it.

But everytime I read posts that say "I love Mika and I want to have a family with him" etc. I wonder have these people seriously thought about what they are saying?

I know there is love and there is love.

I also think that the love these people are experiencing is a love for Mika's charisma, and his aura that radiates from him. This experience can be very exhilarating and is often mistaken for love, even though it is rather something like fascination.

To be quite honest. How can one truly love someone you don't know? And all anyone here really knows of Mika is interviews on tv or in newspapers. No one has ever really talked to him. Now one has spent enough time with him to get to know him for who he really is.

I believe Mika is an hones person, but do we really know that the person who we see on stage or in interviews is the real Mika? He himself says that he has two personalities, one for singing and one for writing, who knows if there isn't a third?

A personality for his private life, of which non of us knows.

I'd just like to say, think about this before giving your heart away to someone you don't really know.

Everyone has mistakes and I'm sure Mika is no exeption. Maybe has a few quirks you couldn't stand in a relationship.

I agree with what you say about his persona on stage. He's acting, just like he would if he was in a play.

It's his job to make all the girls in the audience think he's singing just for them.

When you wake I'm gonna tease no other

Gonna make you a lover.

The type of seduction he does on stage, with the shirt off, banging the drums, etc, is done to make the fans happy and excited, so they will come to see him again, and buy his albums. Offstage he is just a nice, shy boy, who talks to the fans, but is not performing anymore.

It's his job to make all the girls in the audience think he's singing just for them.

The type of seduction he does on stage, with the shirt off, banging the drums, etc, is done to make the fans happy and excited, so they will come to see him again, and buy his albums.

Offstage he is just a nice, shy boy, who talks to the fans, but is not performing anymore.

"his job is to make all the girls in the audience think he 's singing just for them"

IS IT?? Well, i didnt know that... I thought his job was to sing and give/share emotions via music...what a very very SO naive person I am...(oh and may I add something? you forgot to mention boys, yes "his job is to make girls/boys etc." yes because you see following your point of view he will sell twice more this way :thumb_yello: and oh he also wears animals costumes because grandmas are very into furry and LOVE young boys in animals suits (so cute ) and this way he can still sell more etc.(and the list is long of course))

"the type of seduction he does on stage is done to make fans buy his album and come back to see him"

LOL... I think the guy is just having fun 100% on stage and striclty doesnt give a **** about the fans....then we love it or not (up to us)..with all the money he has NOW he just probably dont give a **** anymore about people buying or not his album, I think The Lord does waht he wants to and that's it.

"Offstage he is a sweet and shy guy",

well one more good reason for "i love mika" to love him then??Nonsense...

Why all your people are trying to kill what she feels for someone?Just because she doesnt know him? come on!! when your 15 and fall in love with the boy next door, do you actually KNOW him??I dont think so...maybe she knows more about mika that she will ever know about ...well the guy next door actually, and who REALLY knows who anyway...a girl in love with a boy, what's the big deal here? why do you want to close people's hearts??It's totally vain...really.None of you make sense to me except maybe for Christine (girl you really made me laugh)...I think you have to go for what you feel, it's better to regret something you have done thta something you will never do...

:punk: well said!

Why all your people are trying to kill what she feels for someone?Just because she doesnt know him? come on!! when your 15 and fall in love with the boy next door, do you actually KNOW him??I dont think so...maybe she knows more about mika that she will ever know about ...well the guy next door actually, and who REALLY knows who anyway...a girl in love with a boy, what's the big deal here? why do you want to close people's hearts??It's totally vain...really.do...[/color][/font]

I'm not trying to kill anyone's feelings, Loverrated. I've gone through all these things. Been there done that. And I wish someone had told me what I can read here. It would have made the fall not so hard ^^

We're really just trying to help. Having a crush on a celeb is natural. It's the thrill of something out of reach. And it's a nice feeling. but when it goes too far and you loose sight of reality (I think this was written before) it can hurt really badly.

And after all... what's real about love that's felt for a picture we have created in our heads.

Shiller wrote that in his "Räuber" there the main character was in love with someone she only ever wrote letters to, she never received any. So she only knew what others told her about him. And she was happy. But was that real love? I don't think so. And in the end she died.

:shocked::roftl: ........ "Run off to Australia with Rick Springfield ....... " ....... :roftl: ..... hahahah .... I saw him on a 'come-back' show on TV recently here in OZ Christine ...... & he is hotter than ever !!!!!!!!!!!:blush-anim-cl::naughty::wink2::roftl:

Yes I've seen him recently. He's looking good!

My running off to Australia fantasy was facilitated by Rick himself. There was a contest to win a trip for two to meet him in Oz and I was convinced I was going to win!

I never had any delusions about marriage though. He was already in his 30s and I was grounded enough in reality to know that he wasn't going to hook up with a young teenager.

I agree with what you say about his persona on stage. He's acting, just like he would if he was in a play.

And what an incredible job he does. I've never seen anyone connect with audience members like that first hand before. Sometimes singers will pick one or two people just to put on a show for the crowd, but if you're close to him, Mika looks you right in the eye. Dozens of us (probably hundreds of fans really) have had the same experience.

It happened so often in Toronto last week that a reporter for one of the daily newspapers commented on the amount of eye contact he was giving to people in the crowd.

LOL... I think the guy is just having fun 100% on stage and striclty doesnt give a **** about the fans....then we love it or not (up to us)..with all the money he has NOW he just probably dont give a **** anymore about people buying or not his album, I think The Lord does waht he wants to and that's it.

I disagree with that. First of all Mika doesn't have anywhere near as much money as people think. His record company has fronted big bucks to get him where he is and he has to pay it all back.

Even now, shows like Toronto and some of the other smaller North American venues are probably operating at a loss. I've heard Mika say a couple of times that the money doesn't matter, meaning that he's sparing no expense and he'll let someone worry about the bills later.

I also think he is very conscious of his behaviour on stage even though he is having fun. His performances have changed to the point where he is virtually unrecognizable from the awkward boy of this time last year.

Everything is a lot more rehearsed than it appears, from his audience banter to his booty shaking. You can see him cue and count to Mikey and Saranayde so they are shaking their butts in perfect synchrony.

Mika doesn't take his shirt off and bang on some drums because the mood takes him and he's just having a bit of fun. I've seen him on stage where he is so sick he's coughing and pressing on his throat and would probably prefer to go home and go to bed.

He does the Love Today bit anyway because it whips the crowd into a frenzy and it's the highlight of the show for just about everyone. He knows exactly what he's doing and he does it because it gets the audience a lot more excited than they were when he just wore a t-shirt and jeans and danced around a little bit.

And after all... what's real about love that's felt for a picture we have created in our heads.

That's actually my point...what is love? if not just a picture we have created in our heads, no matter if it is Mika or anyone else... you wish that someone told you to be careful because you fell and it hurt and your heart was broken etc. Well we always fall anyway and it always hurts and we do actually die at the end of the story ... i dont know anyone who has not a broken heart... taht's a part of this big circus called love...

And you quote Schiller...ha la la...Friedrich always going into so much drama all the time...but the guy belongs to the 18th century so we can forgive him...

I personally wouldnt quote or trust any 18th century poet on the concept of love, all the bull**** comes from that part of history...read lacan instead or what about another point of view? what about "Abre los ojos" (vanilla sky original)from Amenábar and Gil? No Hope, No Love, No Glory and certainly NNo happy endings that's for sure for the human beings we are...

On the other hand that's really nice from you to give advices you wish someone would have been given you...dont misunderstand me...if you can stop anyone'suffering then i'm with you but to crush anyone's dream dont count on me...again the only advice i would give her is : GO for it if you feel like it

Mika doesn't take his shirt off and bang on some drums because the mood takes him and he's just having a bit of fun. I've seen him on stage where he is so sick he's coughing and pressing on his throat and would probably prefer to go home and go to bed.

Another dream crusher....When I told you I was naive... I really thought the mood had taken him when he did that...I go to a lot of gigs but i'm definitely not into the big performers stuff so anytime I see someone on stage doing something cool it's really because they feel like it...and if everything Mika ddoes is calculated like madonna etc. ...if he stays on stage when he feels like going home then i'll stick to his writing only...honestly it's sad.

honestly I don't like so much the shirtless drumming love today part because I think it would be amazing as spontaneous act to do few times and stop; however seems that Mika likes to program a successful set and repeat it almost identical for every gig..I mean,also some speaking part are very similar while we all admire his expressive talent and we'll love to see some more bits of nearly improvisate interactions with the band or the public between the songs..

Another dream crusher....When I told you I was naive... I really thought the mood had taken him when he did that...I go to a lot of gigs but i'm definitely not into the big performers stuff so anytime I see someone on stage doing something cool it's really because they feel like it...and if everything Mika ddoes is calculated like madonna etc. ...if he stays on stage when he feels like going home then i'll stick to his writing only...honestly it's sad.

Sorry I don't mean to crush any dreams, just telling like it is. If it's any consolation I think the content of his show is initially borne of his own impulses and creativity. I don't think he sits down with a bunch of choreographers and managers and plots the best way to manipulate the audience.

But he is a perfectionist and seems to have a strong need to control things, so the larger the show gets the less spontaneity there seems to be. It could be very calculating/marketing oriented but I think much of his method is just his nature.

He is the same way when giving interviews. I believe a lot of what we see is the "real" Mika - he's not just putting on a total front. But he's also very careful about the things he says and seems very uncomfortable when he's caught off guard on any topic.

I wish he would cut loose a bit but I still admire the way he is so hyper prepared and yet able to appear spontaneous and at ease. Intellectually I know that a lot of the things Mika says and does are pre-meditated and maybe even motivated by his desire for success in his career. But ultimately I don't care because it feels so real.

I also think he has to have a genuine empathy for people in order to connect with them the way he does, so on some level it is very real.

I wish he would cut loose a bit but I still admire the way he is so hyper prepared and yet able to appear spontaneous and at ease. Intellectually I know that a lot of the things Mika says and does are pre-meditated and maybe even motivated by his desire for success in his career. But ultimately I don't care because it feels so real.

you dont care because it feels real?? LOL, wow!! I DO care, I mean what you wrote is everything I hate,lol, people over prepared like madonna etc. it's so fake really ...i dont want something to "feel real " I want something that "is real"...that's absolutely weird and repulsive to me. And thanks god or Saint Mary of the Mhores the other singers i admire are the opposite of that.

Sorry I don't mean to crush any dreams, just telling like it is. If it's any consolation I think the content of his show is initially borne of his own impulses and creativity. I don't think he sits down with a bunch of choreographers and managers and plots the best way to manipulate the audience.

But he is a perfectionist and seems to have a strong need to control things, so the larger the show gets the less spontaneity there seems to be. It could be very calculating/marketing oriented but I think much of his method is just his nature.

He is the same way when giving interviews. I believe a lot of what we see is the "real" Mika - he's not just putting on a total front. But he's also very careful about the things he says and seems very uncomfortable when he's caught off guard on any topic.

I also think he has to have a genuine empathy for people in order to connect with them the way he does, so on some level it is very real.

*has been reading thread with interest*

I agree with you Christine, Mika seems to have a 'if it aint broke don't fix it' approach to his shows. He has seen how it all has the desired effect on the audience and perhaps feels that to deviate too much from the 'script' would be to potentially lose control.

We should also remember that many people will only see his show once, at least, on each tour. It's only the obsessives/very dedicated fans who are likely to notice the repetitiveness of his performances on a tour. As with the talky bits, the Billy Brown story, all that. The majority of every audience will be hearing that for the first time, no matter where he is playing.

And in interviews too, he likes to be in control. Remember when that Scandinavian interviewer asked him about the Boyzone cover?? He was so flustered, because it was so totally unexpected. I guess he just can't help it, it's part of his personality and he'll probably never be any different! As you say, it's his nature, and I think by your 25th year that's pretty much hard-wired.

you dont care because it feels real?? LOL, wow!! I DO care, I mean what you wrote is everything I hate,lol, people over prepared like madonna etc. it's so fake really ...i dont want something to "feel real " I want something that "is real"...that's absolutely weird and repulsive to me. And thanks god or Saint Mary of the Mhores the other singers i admire are the opposite of that.

What I dislike about Madonna is that she's not particularly talented and acts like a pretentious bitch. Even after watching dozens (maybe hundreds) of interviews and performances by Mika it is impossible to tell where the line is blurred between the image he projects to the public and the real person underneath it all.

I have to accept that either he is the world's greatest manipulator or that he is very genuine on some level because he is not ridiculously transparent and fake like Madonna.

Even though he is not so obvious, the fact that he is not entirely spontaneous can't come as that much of a surprise to you can it?

Have you watched his interviews and performances? He's done the trash can thing 50 times already. How can it possibly come from just being caught up in the moment? Obviously it is planned in advance.

And in interviews too, he likes to be in control. Remember when that Scandinavian interviewer asked him about the Boyzone cover?? He was so flustered, because it was so totally unexpected. I guess he just can't help it, it's part of his personality and he'll probably never be any different! As you say, it's his nature, and I think by your 25th year that's pretty much hard-wired.

Yes that interview was what I was specifically referring to. People get upset when he is asked about his sexuality but I think he is fairly comfortable with those questions. He has been preparing for them since before he started giving interviews and is now an expert at deflecting such questions.

But when someone asks him if he's banging his lollipop girls or whether he thinks Boyzone is too cheesy to record his music he goes into a bit of a panic because it's so unexpected.

I think that's all down to his personality and it's not because he's trying to con people. I just wish he'd cut loose a bit and stop worrying about making himself vulnerable to the unexpected.