REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for MIKA in Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory

dcdeb

Thanks for that post-I'm not feeling so out of place now being 49 next month

and attending the Mika show last week in Toronto. I was smack in the middle of gorgeous teenage girls who are younger than my son!lol His music just

takes me to such a happy place!:wub2:

Welcome - I am 48 this year - and totally Mika daft!!!

His music is wonderful!! :wub2:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MY REPORT ON MIKA'S "THE ELECTRIC FACTORY" PERFORMANCE IS

HERE FOR YOU--GO BACK SOME ON THIS THREAD TO READ THE

W H O L E

THING! http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2197/2235101905_b1cfaac061.jpg

MIKA--

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/caropictures/mika.jpg

". . . DRIVING HIS FANS INTO FITS OF ECSTASY . . ."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20080201_Exuberant__but_nervous___Mika_at_Electric_Factory.html

[NOTE: i DO believe this is MIKA'S SECOND tour in the USA!]

"THEY LIKED YOU, MIKA, THEY REALLY LIKED YOU . . ."

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/music/20080202_They_liked_you__Mika__they_really_liked_you.html

THE BALANCE OF THE CURRENT TOUR . . .

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/mika/tour_dates.jhtml

You are just fabbie A.CLAY, thanks for the personal post above! I read most last night (Tokyo time) and after work today I will come back and read the rest!

And Chikadee I have 10 years on you, but when I went to the Mika concert in Tokyo I became my inner 14 year old screaming fan girl. Never let age detract from your enjoyment. Your inner 14 year old is just dying to come back out again.:naughty:

COME ON! YOU WILL NOT BE!

You are just fabbie A.CLAY, thanks for the personal post above! I read most last night (Tokyo time) and after work today I will come back and read the rest!

And Chikadee I have 10 years on you, but when I went to the Mika concert in Tokyo I became my inner 14 year old screaming fan girl. Never let age detract from your enjoyment. Your inner 14 year old is just dying to come back out again.:naughty:

Thanks ladies, but my ego forces me to admit that it's even less about the age and more about the "gorgeous"!!LOL!

Thanks so much for the very entertaining report, Alice -- it

was a revelation! :original:

gosh...stop multiquoting!

I'm going:insane: trying read A.clay's infinite report!{thanx}:wub2:

Someone willing to make a sum up?:

You don't want a summary, Greta! You need to read every word of

Alice's fabulous report! :)

Thanks for that post-I'm not feeling so out of place now being 49 next month

and attending the Mika show last week in Toronto. I was smack in the middle of gorgeous teenage girls who are younger than my son!lol His music just

takes me to such a happy place!:wub2:

That's for sure, and don't feel out of place at all. I'm 48 as well! :thumb_yello:

I told someone -- should have told MIKA -- that next album he has

to do a song called "OLD Girls," 'cause I'm not a Lollipop Girl, and I'm

not a Big Girl... and I would really like a chance to get up on that

stage with him! :naughty:

dcdeb

I'm 36 really soon, but already feel like i'm gonna be out of place at the concerts with all the, as you say, "gorgeous teenagers"!

GIRL-

LOOSE THE KERCHIEF-BABUSHKA THING . . .

http://www.uoregon.edu/~vaintrob/katya/kerchief.jpg

YOU, MY DEAR, ARE IN GREAT

N E E D

OF A MIKA CONCERT!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.fullscreen&videoid=10573015

So I'm very new to this forum thing... Hopefully I post this correctly!!

I was lucky enough to be Mika's 'Big Girl' for the Philly show (the other girl dropped out so i was the only one!) I was also one of the big girls for Boston, which was also amazing!

I have found a few amazing pictures from Big Girl and Lollipop, but if anyone has any more, that would be greatly appreciated!! Mika actually had us all bow with him at the end of the show (myself and the lollipop girls) in Philadelphia, and thats just a moment I'd love to have a photo of!

I know a lot of you already posted all your pics, but any and all of big girl and lollipop would be GREATLY appreciated!

Loves of MIKA love!!

Cheers!

I was lucky enough to be Mika's 'Big Girl' for the Philly show (the other girl dropped out so i was the only one!) I was also one of the big girls for Boston, which was also amazing!

I have found a few amazing pictures from Big Girl and Lollipop, but if anyone has any more, that would be greatly appreciated!! Mika actually had us all bow with him at the end of the show (myself and the lollipop girls) in Philadelphia, and thats just a moment I'd love to have a photo of!

I know a lot of you already posted all your pics, but any and all of big girl and lollipop would be GREATLY appreciated!

Loves of MIKA love!!

Cheers!

I WAS AT THAT SHOW! MIKA JUST "OWNED" THAT PLACE THAT NIGHT.

THAT'S AMAZING THAT YOU WERE THE "BIG GIRL" THAT NIGHT:

I JUST RE-VIEWED THE YouTube Videos. YOU REALLY DID IT WELL.

IT CAN'T BE EASY!

I'm presuming you've seen,

but in case not--here are the better ones--

PHILLY . . .

"BIG GIRL"

PHILLY. . .

"LOLLIPOP"

BOSTON . . .

"BIG GIRL"

* http://youtube.com/watch?v=XkAowC2YbMI

BOSTON . . .

"LOLLIPOP"

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddlIFWNFLYk

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVHiZ85KKqM

i'll keep an eye out for more.

Loves of MIKA love!!

Cheers!

Welcome - and congrats on being BG!!!! What a great

experience to have!! Hope you enjoy it here :thumb_yello:

hello all! i just started reading all the various reports from all the shows and i haven't gone through this entire thread yet, but i was at the philly show back on january 31st and took some videos, which i'm linking to here. i was also at the nyc show two days later, but only took one video there because i was too busy dancing and really getting into it to hold the camera still. anyway, here are the links!!

-sara

PHILLY:

big girl -

mika (shirtless!) & cherisse on the trash cans -

holy johnny -

lollipop -

NYC:

big girl -

(apparently, the glamazon girls were the big girl dancers and they posted a link to my video on their website!)

hello all! i just started reading all the various reports from all the shows and i haven't gone through this entire thread yet, but i was at the philly show back on january 31st and took some videos, which i'm linking to here. i was also at the nyc show two days later, but only too one video there because i was too busy dancing and really getting into it to hold the camera still. anyway, here are the links!!

-sara

PHILLY:

big girl -

holy johnny -

lollipop -

NYC:

big girl -

(apparently, the glamazon girls were the big girl dancers and they posted a link to my video on their website!)

THESE VIDEOS BROUGHT ME BACK TO THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS FRONT WITH SARAH(SUN6CHIC) WE HAD SO MUCH FUN. BEST PARTNER FOR A MIKA'S SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!

hello all! i just started reading all the various reports from all the shows and i haven't gone through this entire thread yet, but i was at the philly show back on january 31st and took some videos, which i'm linking to here. i was also at the nyc show two days later, but only too one video there because i was too busy dancing and really getting into it to hold the camera still. anyway, here are the links!!

-sara

PHILLY:

big girl -

holy johnny -

lollipop -

NYC:

big girl -

Welcome - and thanks for the video's!! They are great!!! :thumb_yello:

Hope you enjoy it here!!!

I WAS AT THAT SHOW! MIKA JUST "OWNED" THAT PLACE THAT NIGHT.

THAT'S AMAZING THAT YOU WERE THE "BIG GIRL" THAT NIGHT:

I JUST RE-VIEWED THE YouTube Videos. YOU REALLY DID IT WELL.

IT CAN'T BE EASY!

I'm presuming you've seen,

but in case not--here are the better ones--

PHILLY . . .

"BIG GIRL"

PHILLY. . .

"LOLLIPOP"

BOSTON . . .

"BIG GIRL"

* http://youtube.com/watch?v=XkAowC2YbMI

BOSTON . . .

"LOLLIPOP"

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddlIFWNFLYk

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVHiZ85KKqM

i'll keep an eye out for more.

ATTN: L A U R E N M A E 04

DO YOU HAVE THIS ONE . . . ?

2235103103_66f311b2a5.jpg

I hope all of you still interested on reading my report.

Well, I got to the venue at 3pm and suprisely there were only 5 people in front of me which I love of course. I immediately recognized Naomi and Cynthia. I went straight to say "hello". They were so sweet. This time I got a chance to have a conversation with them. After an hour Sara arrived, which I don't really remember her forum name. I know is sunshine with something else. We clicked so quick. She was so nice to me as well as her mother. The first 3 hours; the cold did not bother at all, but when it was around 6pm I could not feel my toes anymore. But it was all worthy. Finally around 7pm I met A. Clay. What a doll. She had a sign that said "looking for LUCY" She was so nice and gave me a gift;a flashing heart!!!

To make my story short, I was in front of the stage which is my second time. I got push a lot and I have some bruises on my arms. I felt them this morning!! LOL. MIKA was amazing like always. He look a bit skinnier than before and at some point I saw some sadness in his eyes.

By now, you might know all the details about the show and MIKA being happy and welcomed by the audience!!

Let me go straight to the after show event!!!

I waited for Sara and her mother outside because they were buying some merchandise.

Almost 100 people went to the back door waiting for MIKA :shocked: At that moment I knew I was not going to be able to see him but I gave it a shot with Sara. The security reminded us more than three times that MIKA was not going to take pics with anyone or sign anything. The crowd cleaned a lot almost half people left. I previously had an ugly doll for him. I got the same because I wanted MIKA to sign it but at this moment I just wanted to see him and give him the doll.

Sara and myself started yelling his name and he went to us. THANK GOD I DID NOT FREEZE!!! I actually had a brief conversation with him. I gave him the doll and said "I hope you like and he was looking at me with a big smile and then look at the doll and squeezed it. I said "I'll see you on Saturday in NYC and he just smile back at us. I hugged sara's mom of excitement and then apologize she was "I understand".

This was the best show so far!!! I love him more than before. He is so human and down to earth. I LOVE YOU MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am just waiting for tomorrow to see him again!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU FOR THE NICE WORDS, LUCY:

I'M SO GLAD I HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO MEET YOU.

YOU ARE A VERY SWEET GAL.

WE STAYED IN PHILLY UNTIL MID-DAY SAT., FEB. 2.

ON THE WAY OUT OF TOWN, WE VISITED THE BIG, OLD MARKET THERE.

I GOT A BUNCH OF CHICKEN WINGS THAT LOOKED REALLY, REALLY

GOOD FOR LUNCH -- AND THOUGHT OF MIKA!

I THOUGHT, "WE'RE HAVING A RELAXING, FUN DAY & MIKA HAS RUSHED

OFF FOR HIS BOSTON & NYC PERFORMANCES--I'LL BET MIKA WOULD LOVE THE

'VIBE' AT THE MARKET ON A CROWDED WEEKEND WITH ALL THE PEOPLE & VENDORS."

I ACTUALLY FELT GUILTY BECAUSE I WAS HAVING A NICE TIME IN PHILLY WHILE

MIKA DIDN'T GET TO SEE MUCH THERE, I'M SURE. HE WAS WORKING SO HARD!

I DIDN'T GET TO THE MUSEUMS THERE, BUT MY FAMILY DID.

I IMAGINE OF EVERYTHING I KNOW OF THERE,

THAT'S WHAT MIKA WOULD MOST ENJOY!

[MIKA HAD YET TO REACH SALT LAKE CITY & ALL THAT AWAITED HIM THERE!]

Went to the concert, and at this point I am too exhausted (3 hours sleep) and overwhelmed to even write. Only want you all to know that it was surreal, unbelievable, everything JackViolet says and more.

The crowd's roars were deafening, so many fans---Philly loves him!!! ( I was so worried there would be no one there!) I love him! I really never ever thought this kind of high from a concert was possible (oh god, I sound so pathetic).

A couple brief tidbits

1. I found myself 20 feet away from the stage and I think at that point I went into some kind of shock and awe because I never in a million zillion years thought I would ever be that close. I know I was in shock because details were lost on me. All I remember is Mika and I kept saying to myself--this is real, this is real.

2. He is unbelievable in concert, really. We've all said it a million times in so many ways, I don't know how else to say it. There was a guy in the balcony above who we thought was going to fall on our heads because he was extended so far out, reaching, reaching for Mika. It looked like he was ready to jump the distance and pounce on Mika. God, do I know the feeling.

3. Yes, very chatty and I loved when he said, "This is the first concert of our US tour, and to tell you the truth, we were a little bit nervous. We had never been to Philadelphia and did not know how this would go, but if this is any indication, we are off to a good start. (CROWD ROAR).

4. Happy Ending was fantastic---he did something extra at the end --extended it out and the crowd was totally into

it. Actually, the crowd was into everything, god, how responsive everyone was, singing along every word to every song. And the simply amazing thing about Mika is that he improvises based on the crowd response. The crowd is in a frenzy, he extends the song longer, adds more stuff, more crowd interaction.

5. Was surprised that he brought up the lack of US radio airplay. Only because we have had such a discussion here.

6. I did not realize that there is a part when the skeleton leans down to hug him. Mike puts his arms up around the skeleton and he looks so fragile, so vulnerable, I wanted to cry.

7. Since this was a smaller venue, I thought there might be some scrimping on the extras. But no--we had it all, lollipop girls, big girls, skeleton, blow up doll, confetti, streamer, balloons. I thought to myself that there is no possible way he could have broken even on this concert with all the expense he put into it. But you know what?? It meant SO MUCH to us his fans, that regardless of the size of the venue, he puts it all into it.

8. I am so wiped out today, I cannot seriously imagine how this man is going to do the same thing tonight in Boston and then Saturday in New York. He puts sooooo much into his concerts, his voice, his moves, it gives it his all. I have not seen a performer give so much, and I have seen many in concert, including Mick Jagger and Prince.

9. He is simply beyond belief. Seriously. There is nothing like his live concert. People here said that, and I did not believe them. It is true. If you have any smidgeon of a chance to experience him live, you must do it. You must.

This is really a pathetic thought but you know, after the concert, on the way home, I thought, "you know, I could die right now, and I would die happy and fulfilled. Oh god, did I just write that?

10. Anyway back at work this morning and I honestly cannot hear very well. I went to a hannah montana concert a few weeks ago (for my niece--not me lol), and the noise level was nothing like last night. I was sooooooooooo, sooooooooooooo happy for Mika that he got such a reception. Philly can be a tough city, but they came through!

11. When I woke this morning, I felt like it was all a dream except that I saw the streamers from last night hanging from my lamp. I feel like I am on a different level right now, how long does this high last?

12. I sure wrote a lot. I know I sound like a maniac, but I am really quite normal. In fact, I am sitting here in my professional job acting like it is just another day. Little do they all know. Next time I write, I hope to have returned to earth.

BRAVO-GREAT REPORT!

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

~ALL the reports are "BRILLIANT!" THANKS to ALL for doing them~

It was a M A G I C A L, M E M O R A B L E event.

I LIKED THE SET-UP AT THE "ELECTRIC FACTORY,"

WHICH MIKA, QUITE SIMPLY, "OWNED" THAT NIGHT!

MY REPORT STARTS AROUND THE FRONT OF THIS THREAD.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW QUICKLY THE TOUR IS GOING.

I'M SO GLAD I GOT IN ON IT.

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

MIKA ON BROADWAY?

NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO PONDER!