Mika makes Amy a kosher offer

Droopsy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love Amy Winehouse. Houwever I find thin hard to believe a) because it's The Sun and b) because i don't think Mika would put things that way (when has he ever said "I'd like to make a statementsome day"? Doesn't really sound like him..)

But then again, you never know..

Maybe he wants to collaborate with Wino, but claiming he's making a statement by working on a Jewish album because he's Lebanese? That is just way too simplistic, political and downright dumb to come out of Mika's mouth. Sounds like total rubbish.

Dear Christine, I`d like to contradict. When he put on LICM Raffa talking about the bomb it was also simplistic, political.. And it was a great idea he put it on the album. It might not change the world and stop the bombs from falling but it`s great that he has an opinion and it`s good that I can agree with it.

err dunno...popworld interview? :blink: something a looong time ago anyway...or maybe he just said he was brought up as a good roman catholic boy actually...*searching*

EDIT: yeh that's what he said - okay he might have converted or whatever, but...

http://www.popworld.com/pages/mika_interview

Thanks! :thumb_yello:

Q: Would you give up your seat on a bus for an old lady?

A: 'Absolutely. I've been brought up as a good Roman Catholic, Lebanese boy.

But it doesn't necessarily mean that he still is Catholic. :naughty:

Thanks! :thumb_yello:

Q: Would you give up your seat on a bus for an old lady?

A: 'Absolutely. I've been brought up as a good Roman Catholic, Lebanese boy.

But it doesn't necessarily mean that he still is Catholic. :naughty:

That's manners, not reglion. :mf_rosetinted:

Errr nah not buying it :blink: Neither the story nor the album if it should ever come out :roftl:

:lmao:

Dear Christine, I`d like to contradict. When he put on LICM Raffa talking about the bomb it was also simplistic, political.. And it was a great idea he put it on the album. It might not change the world and stop the bombs from falling but it`s great that he has an opinion and it`s good that I can agree with it.

I don't think there was anything remotely political behind putting Raffa on the album, but that's just my opinion.

Mika has been asked point blank about his feelings about the state of Lebanon and George Bush's policies and he completely dodges such questions.

Even if Mika wasn't so averse to being publicly political I still think the quote about wanting to make a statement and believing that he would do so because he is Lebanese and the album is Jewish, just sounds too dumb. It's something Paris Hilton would say, not Mika.

I kind of agree, but only because of the random question moment. Mika does have a tendency to let his thoughts spill out randomly I noticed.

I would take it with a pinch of salt as it's in the Sun, but if it should be true, it would definitely be an interesting album to listen to.

And the interview where he said he was Catholic, the question was would he give up his seat on a bus to an elderly lady, and he said yes, as he was bought up a good Catholic boy.

:lmao:

Even if Mika wasn't so averse to being publicly political I still think the quote about wanting to make a statement and believing that he would do so because he is Lebanese and the album is Jewish, just sounds too dumb. It's something Paris Hilton would say, not Mika.

exactly...:cool:

Does that mean that him offering to drive me to Mass was just a pickup line?

He was just trying to get in my pants?!

I'm so disgusted right now.

Yes the dirty little ******** :mf_rosetinted:

I'd never heard that pickup line before.

"Hey baby... let me drive you to Mass.:wink2: "

I'm so repulsed. I think I may bring up a little bit. Bllllahhhhh.

I found a similar article too

Mika keen to team up with Amy Winehouse on Jewish album

Singer Mika has revealed that he would like to team up with Amy Winehouse on a Jewish album.

Mika is a Beirut-born and London-based singer-songwriter, whose mother is Lebanese.

Upon learning that Amy was planning an album of Christmas and Hanukkah songs, he has been eager to get involved, to "make a statement".

"I heard Amy will be recording an album of Jewish music once she gets well and I'd like to make a contribution to it," The Sun quoted Mika, as saying.

"I really like her music[url=http://www.thecheers.org/news/Celebrity/news_9940_Mika-keen-to-team-up-with-Amy-Winehouse-on-Jewish-album.html#][/url]. Think about this - me, a part-Lebanese artist working on a Jewish album. I think that's a nice statement.

"I'd like to make a statement some day," he added.

http://www.thecheers.org/news/Celebrity/news_9940_Mika-keen-to-team-up-with-Amy-Winehouse-on-Jewish-album.html

This would be a good thing. I agree with Mika. It would be a good statement to make, and show that things could get better in the middle East. Amy Winehouse is also very popular, and her songs are unusual, so I think a collaboration would be great!

Shalom Osnat, maybe he will if you sign this petition :wink2:

now you are forgetting that mika is lebanese and that if he ever goes to israel he could never return to his homeland because both countries are still officialy ennemies seing as :

1) israel is still occupying a part of lebanon's land.

2) a lebanese islamic group is still being rude to israel.

3) israel is not showing any will to be friendly with lebanon.

that's why i don't like either religion or politics :thumbdown: because it always separate people rather than uniting them.