REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's our first of hopefully many videos that we got. YouTube seemed to take forever to upload the video, so I'm glad it worked!

Brilliant video. Thank you!

And thanks to Char for the pics and reports to Deb. Really fantastic.

Anyone who knows Mika or sees him or has any contact at all with him at all, please pass on this message - MIKA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WEAR YOUR HAIR LIKE THIS AT ALL TIMES

2253460947_a6cc1659fd.jpg

Okay, at the beginning, he says,

"We are going to write some thank you letters to Mother Nature."

"Quite Frankly, I've had more fun this way anyway."

"You're Loud!"

"You know, we're actually quite stumped. We don't really know what else to play."

"Understood"

"We'll give you some Bach"

"It was definitely there." Talking about hitting the right note.

"Wait a minute..wait a minute. Okay, I'll get to it..don't worry."

"blah, blah, blah...there's one God foresaken note. Right there. And, tonight is one of the first times I've gotten it right in about 6 months."

Martin: "Am I allowed to tell them that I actually did it on the radio?"

Mika: "I can't hear you?" Martin repeats himself.

Mika: "When I'm on the radio, I'm not the one actually playing it...I get someone else to stand there. Then, Luke comes up behind him and Mika says, "Exactly."

Mika: "But you know, I'll F*ck it up." Then, he does.

Hope this helps. LOL

thanks for writing it down and for the vid!! it's seriously one of my all time favourite!

Isn't it funny, no one has made Salt Lake City sound remotely like a pleasant place to visit, but we'd have all given our eye teeth to have been there for this night :)

My pages are taking absolutely forever to load so someone probably replied to this already! Actually SLC is an awesome place!!! It has wonderful mountains and is a gorgeous city with beautiful seasons. The city itself is great - it is just that this place was so ghetto!!! It was all the way at the end of town, down by the railroad tracks. I'd never even heard of it before this. We have lots of nice upscale places here and a couple larger arenas but I guess not a lot of nicer places for smaller things like this. I have been to concerts at Deer Valley (in Park City), Symphony Hall, the Energy Solutions Arena, and Rice Stadium. All of them are awesome. I think that is why we were surprised that this was such a dive. But Mika made it the most wonderful place on earth that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, WOW, WOW! My sister Jennifer took me to my first concert and it was so fun. Oh, she is the obsessed one that got all the pics with her and her family.

Now she has me on this computer reading everything. Thanks, Jen Anyhow Mika good luck, you do not need it, your a great singer! And the band is fun too!

My pages are taking absolutely forever to load so someone probably replied to this already! Actually SLC is an awesome place!!! It has wonderful mountains and is a gorgeous city with beautiful seasons. The city itself is great - it is just that this place was so ghetto!!! It was all the way at the end of town, down by the railroad tracks. I'd never even heard of it before this. We have lots of nice upscale places here and a couple larger arenas but I guess not a lot of nicer places for smaller things like this. I have been to concerts at Deer Valley (in Park City), Symphony Hall, the Energy Solutions Arena, and Rice Stadium. All of them are awesome. I think that is why we were surprised that this was such a dive. But Mika made it the most wonderful place on earth that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though Mika would not have been able to play at Deer Valley , Symphony Hall or the ESA they are all too big. Yes In The Venue is a piece of crap, but all of the small venues here are bad. Well we really don't have any decent venues here that look nice. Plus the sound at a lot of our smaller venues (including where MIKA played because to me that is huge) has bad sound. The best sound we have here without being an arena has to be at Kilby Court now since they put in a new sound system, but I think people would freak out if they saw what Kilby Court looked like (and the area around it)

Seriously though Salt Lake just needs to be updated. But next time MIKA comes back it wouldn't surprise me if he played at Salt Air. It's not really big, but it does have a bigger stage and looks nicer even though it's 20min or so from salt lake.

seriously though Mika would not have been able to play at Deer Valley , Symphony Hall or the ESA they are all too big. Yes In The Venue is a piece of crap, but all of the small venues here are bad. Well we really don't have any decent venues here that look nice. Plus the sound at a lot of our smaller venues (including where MIKA played because to me that is huge) has bad sound. The best sound we have here without being an arena has to be at Kilby Court now since they put in a new sound system, but I think people would freak out if they saw what Kilby Court looked like (and the area around it)

Seriously though Salt Lake just needs to be updated. But next time MIKA comes back it wouldn't surprise me if he played at Salt Air. It's not really big, but it does have a bigger stage and looks nicer even though it's 20min or so from salt lake.

Oh I agree about the small venues sucking! I just didn't want people to get the idea that all of SLC was icky!

Hey Hilary - You back in Idaho? Don't worry we have all of Char's awesome pics to drool over today. (( Thanks Char! :thumb_yello: These are all amazing!! And the videos :jawdrop: LOVE LOVE!)) Hopefully you will get your internet up! Don't you hate that?! We will wait with baited breath though because I know you will have some awesome pics!

Hey Jen's sis! (waving) :)

Oh I agree about the small venues sucking! I just didn't want people to get the idea that all of SLC was icky!

Hey Hilary - You back in Idaho? Don't worry we have all of Char's awesome pics to drool over today. (( Thanks Char! :thumb_yello: These are all amazing!! And the videos :jawdrop: LOVE LOVE!)) Hopefully you will get your internet up! Don't you hate that?! We will wait with baited breath though because I know you will have some awesome pics!

hey natalie. :D

yep, i'm back in Idaho, and i'm getting pretty ticked my internet is down. >.<

i have two of the HOTTEST pictures from the concert!!

i'll send them to you tomorrow from my phone. :das:

i was watching my videos today, and i laughed so hard at the part in Everybody's Talkin' where he talks about the cage thing. :naughty:

i think that in the venue had pretty good acoustics considering how small and ****ty the place was.

man i miss mika so much! this is horrible.

has char talked to you guys about making thank you notes?

i guess its a little late now :S

actually, if we can get everything done and sent into the UK by the end of his tour, it could still work!!

(yes, i was supposed to make a thread last night, but my internet shut down on me. :doh:)

i think that in the venue had pretty good acoustics considering how small and ****ty the place was.

man i miss mika so much! this is horrible.

has char talked to you guys about making thank you notes?

i guess its a little late now :S

Oh that would be cool. I guess the question is - how could we get them to him? Katey - we totally should have all gone to eat that night and we could have done it then and had Char give them to him on Monday. And maybe we could have seen Mika with you! And next time I am buying a camera and bringing it and having it on the ENTIRE time LOL! OK- enough with regrets! :naughty:

Oh - I just read Hilary's post about the UK - Truedat! Let's do it!

hey natalie. :D

yep, i'm back in Idaho, and i'm getting pretty ticked my internet is down. >.<

i have two of the HOTTEST pictures from the concert!!

i'll send them to you tomorrow from my phone. :das:

i was watching my videos today, and i laughed so hard at the part in Everybody's Talkin' where he talks about the cage thing. :naughty:

Aww man!! You got that on video? I think I will keel over. :roftl: Agh I NEEEEED those pics!! :naughty: Oh - and I love that eyebrow smiley lol!

Oh that would be cool. I guess the question is - how could we get them to him? Katey - we totally should have all gone to eat that night and we could have done it then and had Char give them to him on Monday. And maybe we could have seen Mika with you! And next time I am buying a camera and bringing it and having it on the ENTIRE time LOL! OK- enough with regrets! :naughty:

Oh - I just read Hilary's post about the UK - Truedat! Let's do it!

well charlotte said she'd give the notes to him monday..but i didnt really understand. and i havent really talked to her since. i just want to write a simple letter. i just want him to remember me! and because of the hotel, he would most likely remember me.

ya i dont know why we didnt all go out to eat that night but i'm glad we didnt because who knows if i would've met mika if we did! lol

i think that mika should give a secret word to all the mfc members so that at shows, the mfc can have like a special meet and greet thing. that'd be so cool

we need to make a thread, see if people are interested, and if they are, i'll have them write a message and send a picture (if they want), and i'll print them out, put them all in a book, then mail it off to the UK and have them give it to him at the gig.

that didnt make any sense to me XD XD XD