Grace Kelly performed on American Idol!!

mandilambi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Simon! Bet you are sorry now that you didn't sign Mika up! But Mika did have a lucky escape. we wouldn't want him to be signed by that control freak. Simon and Mika would probably have killed eachother by now! I wish I could have seen the guy singing GK, and seen Simon's face. Edit: I've just seen the vid on YT. Well... it was different, but the poor guy did struggle with "violet sky". Let's face it. We know... and Simon knows. No one can sing that song like Mika. But at least the young man singing it, has given it more publicity in America!

Ugh why would anyone want to turn Grace Kelly into that annoying angsty music that's been so popular in N. America for the past 10 years? I can't stand it anymore which is why I listen to Brits like Mika and Amy Winehouse.

I would have thought that anyone doing Mika's songs would be awful because they can't match his falsetto, but what gets on my nerves every time is the bad phrasing/pronunciation.

This is the least offensive version because at least this kid is a native English speaker but what's with the Manchester rock star accent? If he sang in his own accent it probably would have been less of a deviation from the original. Not that there's anything wrong with rearranging it a bit, but it just sounds bizarre to throw in a fake English accent that's so different from Mika's English accent.

Ugh why would anyone want to turn Grace Kelly into that annoying angsty music that's been so popular in N. America for the past 10 years? I can't stand it anymore which is why I listen to Brits like Mika and Amy Winehouse.

I would have thought that anyone doing Mika's songs would be awful because they can't match his falsetto, but what gets on my nerves every time is the bad phrasing/pronunciation.

This is the least offensive version because at least this kid is a native English speaker but what's with the Manchester rock star accent? If he sang in his own accent it probably would have been less of a deviation from the original. Not that there's anything wrong with rearranging it a bit, but it just sounds bizarre to throw in a fake English accent that's so different from Mika's English accent.

sooooo true.... soooo true my dear.... :thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

i watched the video, and i didn't really like his version as well....only mika can sing grace kelly and make it sound great, end of story. XD

the background vocals for the a capella grace kelly was pretty nice! :D didn't like the main vocals though..

Well, I have to say that I do like it! I think he has a nice voice. Not that good as mika ofcourse, but I think he's nice!

I liked he made his own version of grace kelly, but I have to agree with you that it was a little bit too different. It wasn't really good, but it really wasn't awful.

Did you see his first audition where Randy was grilling him on why he sang with an English accent, and was like "I just don't get why a boy from Tennessee would adopt an English accent when he sings--you don't talk like that!" Heh.

Here's the best Idol version of GK that I've seen:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ck7RwbKaXb4

The constant twitching of the singer is rather annoying (he looks like he's about to have a seizure at any moment), but he's one of the few people I've seen sing GK on key and with assurance.

--Jack

I thought the guy that performed it was a little cutie. He looked really happy when they told him what they thought!

Simon said out of all of his performances, that was the one he would remember.

Of course Simon's going to remember it! He's still got the bruises from where he's been kicking his own shins since early last year!!

The young guy on American Idol was okay... sort of.... but Mika can certainly, still sleep easy in his bed, knowing that no one sings GK, or anything else, like he does!!