I got anonymous flowers! O.O

CazGirl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so what's the deal with these flowers? I'm not buying the Mika explanation.

WHY NOT? It's true....:tears:

haha okay no it isn't, but i can always dream. If I'm giving Mika a chocolate chimp that bears the message "Chew Chew Me" at Hammersmith then I better get some flowers in return god dammit! :roftl:

anyway. So I sent the possible-valentine-guy a message asking if it was him, but no reply throughout the whole day. I then went clubbing later and saw several workmates, who also believe that this guy sent them to me.

I logged on to MySpace this morning and had a message from the possible-valentine-guy, in which he said he was sorry he didn't reply earlier but was doing this and this and this, but said he didn't send anything to anyone.

So now I am a bit baffled, but also slightly skeptic. I mean, the whole sending-the-flowers thing AND the message that came with it, is SO him, but lying isn't....so I'm really confused.

I can totally see Mika doing something like this!

And you are beautiful!

awwww thankyou! And yes, he would :mf_rosetinted:

I logged on to MySpace this morning and had a message from the possible-valentine-guy, in which he said he was sorry he didn't reply earlier but was doing this and this and this, but said he didn't send anything to anyone.

So now I am a bit baffled, but also slightly skeptic. I mean, the whole sending-the-flowers thing AND the message that came with it, is SO him, but lying isn't....so I'm really confused.

Okay now that you've ruled him out, perhaps it was Mika. And lying is SO Mika, so if he denies it when you ask him...well, there's your answer.

:wink2:

Okay now that you've ruled him out, perhaps it was Mika. And lying is SO Mika, so if he denies it when you ask him...well, there's your answer.

:wink2:

Ah, it's so obvious. I shall have to ask him at Hammersmith. And he'll go all shy and embarrassed but then he'll whisk me in his arms and say to the crowd "Stay right there if you can - I'll be an hour!" and he'll carry off into the dark, twilight night with the stars twinkling down upon us with some fans cheering us on...some crying and jeering...

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_19324.aspx

Who Are Those Valentine's Day Flowers On Your Co-Worker's Desk Really From?

Wednesday February 6, 2008

CityNews.ca Staff

Ah, Valentine's Day, that moment devoted to Cupid's arrow aimed straight at the heart of someone you love. Except that someone may not be quite what they seem.

The annual February 14th festival devoted to affairs of the heart often sees the desks of co-workers filled with roses, flowers or chocolates. But a new survey reveals there's a chance the person next to you actually sent those gifts to themselves.

Marketing firm Bill Me Later claims its Valentine's Day survey shows as many as 8 million people may be ashamed to admit they either don't have a significant other in their lives or the person simply forgot about them on the special day. So they wind up sending the gift to their own desk to fool others in the office.

And some of them aren't actually lonely at all. "We found there's a big mismatch between what people wanted and what they got and so people were filling the void by buying for themselves," explains company spokesman Vince Talbert. "And, of course, there are those people who don't have their honey."

With the big day about a week away, there are some others lessons in the study that may prove educational, especially for men looking to please their female friends. It found a huge difference in the kinds of things women say they want and what guys wind up giving them.

Number one on the list of most desired gifts for gals - jewelry. But men only place that fifth in their gift giving plans. So what do guys think women really desire as a token of their love? Many under age 35 put lingerie above and beyond all else as the perfect Valentine's Day present. But only two per cent of the women asked say that's something they really care to receive.

And finally this big warning for the guys: don't fall for the "let's not exchange gifts" ploy, which is a classic case of both sides saying they won't buy each other anything because the holiday is too commercialized and phony, etc. etc.

It turns out a large number of ladies admit they get upset when they make that pact and their men turn up empty-handed. About one in five males fall for the trap and the research indicates even the occasional trinket is better than nothing at all.

If you do wind up in the doghouse over it, beware - it turns out Valentine's Day is not only the perfect 24 hours for love but also for hate. At least 6 million people are estimated to have used February 14th to break up with someone.

There's no word on who gets to keep the lingerie.:mf_rosetinted:

Ah, it's so obvious. I shall have to ask him at Hammersmith. And he'll go all shy and embarrassed but then he'll whisk me in his arms and say to the crowd "Stay right there if you can - I'll be an hour!" and he'll carry off into the dark, twilight night with the stars twinkling down upon us with some fans cheering us on...some crying and jeering...

Yeah! :roftl: About 500 women... " I thought you loved ME!!!"

:naughty:

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_19324.aspx

Who Are Those Valentine's Day Flowers On Your Co-Worker's Desk Really From?

Wednesday February 6, 2008

CityNews.ca Staff

Ah, Valentine's Day, that moment devoted to Cupid's arrow aimed straight at the heart of someone you love. Except that someone may not be quite what they seem.

The annual February 14th festival devoted to affairs of the heart often sees the desks of co-workers filled with roses, flowers or chocolates. But a new survey reveals there's a chance the person next to you actually sent those gifts to themselves.

Marketing firm Bill Me Later claims its Valentine's Day survey shows as many as 8 million people may be ashamed to admit they either don't have a significant other in their lives or the person simply forgot about them on the special day. So they wind up sending the gift to their own desk to fool others in the office.

And some of them aren't actually lonely at all. "We found there's a big mismatch between what people wanted and what they got and so people were filling the void by buying for themselves," explains company spokesman Vince Talbert. "And, of course, there are those people who don't have their honey."

With the big day about a week away, there are some others lessons in the study that may prove educational, especially for men looking to please their female friends. It found a huge difference in the kinds of things women say they want and what guys wind up giving them.

Number one on the list of most desired gifts for gals - jewelry. But men only place that fifth in their gift giving plans. So what do guys think women really desire as a token of their love? Many under age 35 put lingerie above and beyond all else as the perfect Valentine's Day present. But only two per cent of the women asked say that's something they really care to receive.

And finally this big warning for the guys: don't fall for the "let's not exchange gifts" ploy, which is a classic case of both sides saying they won't buy each other anything because the holiday is too commercialized and phony, etc. etc.

It turns out a large number of ladies admit they get upset when they make that pact and their men turn up empty-handed. About one in five males fall for the trap and the research indicates even the occasional trinket is better than nothing at all.

If you do wind up in the doghouse over it, beware - it turns out Valentine's Day is not only the perfect 24 hours for love but also for hate. At least 6 million people are estimated to have used February 14th to break up with someone.

There's no word on who gets to keep the lingerie.:mf_rosetinted:

are you saying it was a joke? or i sent them to myself? :tears:

Yeah! :roftl: About 500 women... " I thought you loved ME!!!"

haha yeah gutted! xD

I like your signature Caz !:roftl::wub2:

thanks! Ingie made it for me LOL

no one remembered me on valentinse day:tears:i sent all my friens a card but didn't get one back:tears:

awww, we love you!! and your Love Today signature is hilarious XD

LOLOLOLOLOLOL! You are just a tad optimistic - but you gotta dream, right :naughty:

RIGHT. THIS IS THE LAST STRAW.

I saw Pete face to face, the guy who i originally thought it was who sent me them, and he said that it really was not him. So, I was asking around like a maniac, asking if people had any idea on who it could be, but everyone was CLUELESS.

It HAS to be someone from work. I was a geek and VERY disliked and bullied at school so it's no-one there (and they all called me ugly so its a bit of a contrast lol) and it's not anyone from college because its all girls in my class and no-one's a lesbian, so it has to be someone from work. even though no-one's my address. no-one knows where i live except the name of my hometown.

AND! The roses have a scent! most florists nowadays take the scent out because it makes em last longer, so he must have asked to have the scent kept in and it probably cost more aswell :shocked:

but i left a thank you note in my blokes staff room, in case it was any of them lol

RIGHT. THIS IS THE LAST STRAW.

I saw Pete face to face, the guy who i originally thought it was who sent me them, and he said that it really was not him. So, I was asking around like a maniac, asking if people had any idea on who it could be, but everyone was CLUELESS.

It HAS to be someone from work. I was a geek and VERY disliked and bullied at school so it's no-one there (and they all called me ugly so its a bit of a contrast lol) and it's not anyone from college because its all girls in my class and no-one's a lesbian, so it has to be someone from work. even though no-one's my address. no-one knows where i live except the name of my hometown.

AND! The roses have a scent! most florists nowadays take the scent out because it makes em last longer, so he must have asked to have the scent kept in and it probably cost more aswell :shocked:

but i left a thank you note in my blokes staff room, in case it was any of them lol

This is getting very complicated :blink:

Still, hope you find out eventually.

Make sure that you ask your siblings and friends. I'm not saying that it could be a joke, because the word "joke" makes it sound as if someone would be trying to be mean, but the message could also be taken in a friendly way, not necessarily romantic. It could very well be romantic, though, don't take what I'm saying the wrong way---it's just another option, as it seems as if you said you have asked most males in your life. :)

When I was in high school, we had a secret Valentine service, and I got an anonymous rose with a teddy bear and it turned out one of my female friends got it for me.

I FOUND OUT WHO IT WAS!

It WAS Pete! I knew it was!

I saw my team leader Amanda (who is nicknamed Panda) and I haven't seen her in a while. So we talked and ended up discussing my Valentine's flowers. She seemed really into the conversation and really serious which i thought was odd, but I was jabbering away anyway. So then she was asking "so do you fancy him?" and stuff like and so i said "no i don't. I mean, he's a lovely guy, he really really is, but i don't fancy him. We're good mates and that's as far as it goes I'm afraid." so that was that. Then...

My manager came up to me and was like "do you know who sent you those flowers yet?" and i said "no" and she said "I know who it is!" and i was like :shocked: but then someone called her over and i was like NO DONT GO AWAY! xD

anyway. she told me it was Pete. And I was like "i KNEW it was him!" so i then said "how did you find out?"

mel: erm, well Sean told me

me: Sean told you?

mel: yeah well i said to him "so is it you who sent caroline those flowers?" and he said no it weren't me so i said "do you know..?" and he said "no" so he walked off..but then he came back and said it was Pete. It didn't take a lot to break him down. :naughty: But don't tell him I told you!

me: no i won't! thanks mel!

well anyway. I was thinking of confronting him and saying that I knew, but I thought "no...if he wanted me to know, the flowers wouldn't have been anonymous. I know now, and that's all I wanted" so that was that.

Panda then came up to my till and I said "i know who it is! it was pete! i knew it was him!" and so she said "who told you??" and i said "mel" and then she walked off and talked to mel!

Then my brain started ticking.

Panda came up to me again, disussing it more. My brain was in overdrive and i was like:

Me: You already knew, didn't you?!

Panda: No comment.

Me: See! That proves it! ...Did you give him my address?!?!

Panda: No comment.

Me: You did!

Panda: No I didn't.

Me: Then how did he get it?...Are you Pete's messenger?!?!?!

Panda: No I'm not!

Me: Yes you are.

Panda: No I'm really not!

well anyway that was all over and done with.

I was working away on the kiosk and then Pete came up to me and he said:

Pete: People have been going on about your flowers.

Me: Oh have they?

Pete: They keep asking if it was me.

Me: *nods and carries on working*

Pete: It was me.

Me: I know.

Pete: How did you know?

Me: Because I did. I told you it was like you. But thank you for the flowers, they're really nice. AND they're scented! I bet they cost more.

Pete: *smiles and looks down shyly* yes.

Me: AND they're home delivered.

Pete: Yes.

Me: Oh yeah, how did you get my address exactly?

Pete: *laughs* Oh that doesn't matter!

Me: No, how did you get my address?

Pete: That's not what matters!

Me: Yeah it does! Did you stalk me?

Pete: No I did not stalk you!

Me: are you sure?

Pete: Yes!

Rob: *pokes in the conversation* so how did you get it then?

Pete: Let's just say I used te googling map! (or something)

Me: The INTERNET?! My address is on the INTERNET? My DETAILS?!

Rob: Cor bet that took ages why didn't you just message her friends and just say "can i have caroline's address?"?

Pete: Oh I did that, too.

Me: You messaged my friends?! Who?!

To which he was called away and so I never found out. So yes. Freaky much? :blink:

Kinda freaky yes.. But also sweet.. Hope he doesn't take the stalking any further..! :bleh:

:roftl:

giving me flowers was fine, but HOW he found out my address spooked me a little. Well, sort of. Made me realise how much effort he put into it. Heck, or even how long he planned it for!