OFFICIAL: THE MIDWAY STATE PROJECT (Thank You messages & More!)

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was no backstage. It was just a little Toronto bar. The crowd was mostly their family and friends and the band just hung around the bar for an hour or two after the show.

:shocked: It's funny that this kind of gig happened just now. It happened in Leicester in the UK last Sunday as well... THE MOST INTIMATE GIG I have ever seen! By my favorite band Palladium! There were about 20-30 people there and I was right in front of the band... I met Peter in the middle of the set and got a drumstick from Rocky after the gig. Needless to say that I'm still in high heaven! And they were hanging around at least for half an hour afterwards, hugging and chatting! :fisch::blush-anim-cl::huglove:

We could either order shirts somewhere and then iron transfer a design on them or get it all done somewhere. We would'nt really know where to order them either. We call Mike Kirsh.:wub2:

We could ask them for their sizes but wouldn't know how to do it nonchalantly. We guess we could just flat out ask them.:naughty: So if we are all game on this project then we could ask them what their sizes are. We don't want to ask them until we are all game on the project. Don't have credit cards but we could pay anyone for at least one shirt.

:shocked: It's funny that this kind of gig happened just now. It happened in Leicester in the UK last Sunday as well... THE MOST INTIMATE GIG I have ever seen! By my favorite band Palladium! There were about 20-30 people there and I was right in front of the band... I met Peter in the middle of the set and got a drumstick from Rocky after the gig. Needless to say that I'm still in high heaven! And they were hanging around at least for half an hour afterwards, hugging and chatting! :fisch::blush-anim-cl::huglove:

It didn't happen just now. :naughty: They're playing the same venue tomorrow, although this time with a cover charge. I'm thinking anyone who lives in Toronto gets to see them like that pretty much all the time (although it was more than 20-30 people)... but I'm very happy for you about Palladium.

Oh, Haley and Megan, as far as their sizes go: if you're just thinking t-shirts, I'd wager they all wear a medium.

--Jack

It didn't happen just now. :naughty: They're playing the same venue tomorrow, although this time with a cover charge. I'm thinking anyone who lives in Toronto gets to see them like that pretty much all the time (although it was more than 20-30 people)... but I'm very happy for you about Palladium.

Oh, Haley and Megan, as far as their sizes go: if you're just thinking t-shirts, I'd wager they all wear a medium.

--Jack

That is exactly what we were thinking for their sizes.

Guys: http://www.zazzle.com is a great site. You can make shirts, mugs, bags, mouse pads, etc. You can use any picture you want. But the only problem is we don't have credit. If we could all donate to one person you does have credit then that would work.

Tell us what you think of zazzle.:thumb_yello:

Love Love:wub2:

The Meyer Twins

Megan and Haley

I think if you want to give them t-shirts they'd actually wear, you may be safer with something like Threadless.

http://www.threadless.com/

--Jack

Hey thanks for the link!

Here is also a link to zazzle.com for men t-shirts. We only mentioned this site because you can basiclly put any transfer on the shirts. Will look around on the threadless site. It looks like a neat site.

http://www.zazzle.com/custom/tshirts/mens

Hey thanks for the link!

Here is also a link to zazzle.com for men t-shirts. We only mentioned this site because you can basiclly put any transfer on the shirts. Will look around on the threadless site. It looks like a neat site.

http://www.zazzle.com/custom/tshirts/mens

zazzle is really good! i made a mika shirt from them, it was cheap, and it was delivered that week!

there's also vista prints:

http://www.vistaprint.com/custom-t-shirts.aspx?xnav=TsrItem&xnid=aTShirtsPromotionalGiveaways&dng=1061559

Right--threadless doesn't really let you make your own t-shirts, so if you're set on printing them shirts with your own designs, that's not the place to go. But they've got shirts with cool, inventive and original designs that are quite popular with the trendy 18-24ish crowd, so they're good for that.

--Jack

Alright, lets do the t's

I CALL Nathan:wink2:

So Alex: Daenen

Twins: Mike K

RW: Wise

:naughty: Let's work it out though, the plan and order details etc

Great. Mike K.:wub2::wub2::wub2:

So I think we should brainstorm what designs we want for each individual band member

what should be on the back? Their last names, first names, a quote???

We kind of thought for Mike K. maybe somehow involving the word "Killer" on the front.

As for the back of the shirts, names would be cool.

You could put (examples):

1. "Kirsh"

2. "Mike Kirsh"

3. "M. Kirsh"

4. "Mike K."

5. "The Midway State

Kirsh"

etc.

I love the idea of last names on the back...

ARe you planning on drawing your design for kirsh?

Yeah, we guess. We'll kind of have to hurry up a little.:naughty: and make some sketches. We were kinda thinking on the front of Mike k's, 'killer' lettering in more of a bright and friendlier theme.:naughty: But that's just an idea.

Sorry, question--I'm not sure I get it: do you want the guys to wear these, or just to have them?

'Cause they're not Mika, so I don't think they're really into wearing bright colors or having their names on their clothes...

Although I bet if you give these to them before a show, they'd feel obliged to wear them onstage, hahah. :naughty: That would be funny, I'd take lots of pics to embarrass them.

--Jack

Sorry, question--I'm not sure I get it: do you want the guys to wear these, or just to have them?

'Cause they're not Mika, so I don't think they're really into wearing bright colors or having their names on their clothes...

Although I bet if you give these to them before a show, they'd feel obliged to wear them onstage, hahah. :naughty: That would be funny, I'd take lots of pics to embarrass them.

--Jack

You read my mind...

They are definatley not mika lol

I wanted something cool, that said a strong statement about music...something more masculine, "moody"... hmmmmm

I think if you want to give them t-shirts they'd actually wear, you may be safer with something like Threadless.

http://www.threadless.com/

--Jack

Oh i love that shop. I actually just ordered a few shirts from there.

I bet there are a few that the guys would love. I have a feeling that they won't want to wear a rainbow, but designing shirts would be cool. It seem like you have everything pretty much covered, but If you need any help I'm here =], otherwise be sure to take a lot of of pictures if they wear them!

It would just be a fan project though. It would be cool like for instense Mike Kirsh, we would put on the front Killer or something.

We'd think it would be neat even plain black shirts with maybe their last names on the back. We'd just think that would be cool. They wouldn't have to wear them at concerts if they didn't want to. The last thing we'd want them to do would be to feel obligated. We just thought shirts would be a cute idea. And if they want to wear them to any St. Louis/Chicago gigs, more power to them.:naughty:

But I really agree with Jack... Personally, I would want them to WANT to wear what we produce lol

So maybe if we go with a design for each that speaks volumes through the art and design... ITs all in my head, I just can't produce it:roftl:

Wow this thread is moving fast. We wouldn't have to draw anything. Maybe already printed t's would be the way to go and they would be cool. We'd help pay for a shirt. But plain black t's with their names on the back we're sure they would like. And maybe that would be the way to go.