OFFICIAL: THE MIDWAY STATE PROJECT (Thank You messages & More!)

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But I really agree with Jack... Personally, I would want them to WANT to wear what we produce lol

So maybe if we go with a design for each that speaks volumes through the art and design... ITs all in my head, I just can't produce it:roftl:

Yeah. We would so want them to wear what we gave them, especially at a concert. We were just saying that we would'nt want them to feel obligated. We'd personally WOULD want them to wear them at concerts. We're game for anthing.

Thanks for the link Mel. We could sooooo see the Mike's wear this one:

http://www.threadless.com/submission/154461/Guitar_Quadruple_Threat_in_Rainbow

Wow. Imagine seeing them in it.:wub2:

well I think they should:bleh:

I don't think the boys would like this, but i ordered this one recently. yay =]

I like the one melanie posted of the colored guitar personally hehe.

well I think they should:bleh:

I don't think the boys would like this, but i ordered this one recently. yay =]

I like the one melanie posted of the colored guitar personally hehe.

That is a cute print on that shirt Laura.

Yeah the guitar shirt was really neat. Although we don't know if it's for sale.

Wow. That would just be awesome if they would wear t-shirts from us to a concert. We'd so want to be there.:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Great. Mike K.:wub2::wub2::wub2:

We kind of thought for Mike K. maybe somehow involving the word "Killer" on the front.

As for the back of the shirts, names would be cool.

You could put (examples):

1. "Kirsh"

2. "Mike Kirsh"

3. "M. Kirsh"

4. "Mike K."

5. "The Midway State

Kirsh"

etc.

if you're gonna do the name thing, it would be cool if it said "killer kirsh" or soemthing.

like cool GRAPHICS...

maybe not purple but you get the idea...

http://www.kindredmarket.com/danothemrto.html

Like this for one of the guitarists...

http://www.threadless.com/product/1189/Let_It_Grow

It's rainbow...but oh well :P

that would look cool in gray.

Oooh a piano!

http://www.threadless.com/product/611/Breaking_The_Sound_of_Music#zoom

I would wear it, but I'm girl!

THAT SHIRT IS AMAAZZZZING!!!

yeah, we definitely want the shirts to be something that they would wear..

so i was thinking all of them should at least be black or a dark color, and i think the last name on the back idea is really good! haha.. like i dont think its too weird or anything.

and then for the front, i was thinking maybe we could try to have a pretty basic design, but add something subtle that makes it more personal. like most of us have been talking to them thruogh myspace, so we all kind of know them a little better.. whatever we do i'm sure it will come out great.

and as for giving it to them.. it would definitely be great to give it to them with the book. do you know yet if you (melanie) will be giving it to them in person or mailing it?

i think that the 4 of us that are designging the fronts of the 4 shirts (and whoever else wants to join in) should buy an extra for ourselves and wear it next concert (assuming they have the shirts already). That way, they would definitely recognize us =)

sry for the really long message.. but i think it would be better if we tried to design the shirts as opposed to buying an already made shirt.. it makes it more personalized.

i think that the 4 of us that are designging the fronts of the 4 shirts (and whoever else wants to join in) should buy an extra for ourselves and wear it next concert (assuming they have the shirts already). That way, they would definitely recognize us =)

sry for the really long message.. but i think it would be better if we tried to design the shirts as opposed to buying an already made shirt.. it makes it more personalized.

i love that idea! i would be proud to wear it!!!

i like this for daenan, but i want the big drum to have their logo and birds on it. does anyone know how i could do that?

Rex-Drums-2-color.jpg

nh.jpg

i like this for daenan, but i want the big drum to have their logo and birds on it. does anyone know how i could do that?

Rex-Drums-2-color.jpg

nh.jpg

I just want to say that this would be a pretty cool idea.

--Jack

Rex-Drums-2-color.jpg

nh.jpg

thats awesome! im not really the best with computers, but i would just try and play around with the paint program.. or if you have photo shop thats even better.

Well I'm mailing the books, and it'll be a heavy load:shocked: considering there are 4 of them...not to mention the confetti explosion they'll get opening it up:naughty: I told them to film when they get it, since they were planning on doing so anyway if we were to meet on the 27th of this month...which we WONT because The books take forever to print:thumbdown:

I'll keep my eyes open for them... IF I see a van, and a big head a hair somewhere in there I'll wave em' down:punk:

Rex-Drums-2-color.jpg

nh.jpg

That is a great idea. Daenan we're sure would LOVE that.

Well I'm mailing the books, and it'll be a heavy load:shocked: considering there are 4 of them...not to mention the confetti explosion they'll get opening it up:naughty: I told them to film when they get it, since they were planning on doing so anyway if we were to meet on the 27th of this month...which we WONT because The books take forever to print:thumbdown:

I'll keep my eyes open for them... IF I see a van, and a big head a hair somewhere in there I'll wave em' down:punk:

OMG!!! That is so great you told them to take a video. If they do video that it would be friggin' awesome. Yay!!! We'll go ahead and start skeching for Kirsh. Killer Kirsh would be awesome on the front.

Ok, So I played with a cool kinda whimsical swirly design for nathan's T

I want piano keys in the background that follow the swirly pattern...and lettering going up that reads one of my lines from the poem that I wrote...

They walked on stage and confetti refused to fall from the skies

But they brought with them the sun, and the sun gifted us with a new sound.

Their name suggests a place in time when even a caged bird flies.

Their wings painted across the canvas to which my eyes were bound.

The pounding of the drums was the ceremonial hum of the change taking place.

The guitar strings were strummed and I wished for them to stay.

He sang me a story, and his words sculpted a brave new face

The emptiness began to fill and I knew they had marked a new day.

A chemistry of sounds, an orchestra of dimly lit dreams,

Was my calling to embrace this new state of mind.

This is the place where silence hears your screams,

As the night hunts for what you are trying to find.

They walked on stage, warriors for their own fight

Four boys captured, who somehow managed to bring the light.

The bolded text is what I was leaning towards.

Ok, So I played with a cool kinda whimsical swirly design for nathan's T

I want piano keys in the background that follow the swirly pattern...and lettering going up that reads one of my lines from the poem that I wrote...

They walked on stage and confetti refused to fall from the skies

But they brought with them the sun, and the sun gifted us with a new sound.

Their name suggests a place in time when even a caged bird flies.

Their wings painted across the canvas to which my eyes were bound.

The pounding of the drums was the ceremonial hum of the change taking place.

The guitar strings were strummed and I wished for them to stay.

He sang me a story, and his words sculpted a brave new face

The emptiness began to fill and I knew they had marked a new day.

A chemistry of sounds, an orchestra of dimly lit dreams,

Was my calling to embrace this new state of mind.

This is the place where silence hears your screams,

As the night hunts for what you are trying to find.

They walked on stage, warriors for their own fight

Four boys captured, who somehow managed to bring the light.

The bolded text is what I was leaning towards.

That's awesome Mel. Sounds like a really cool design!

Here is a rough sketch we just did in a minute. We did Killer Kirsh. If we decided to do this sketch we wonder what color we would use. Maybe we should ask Mike K. what his favorite color is nonchalantly.:naughty: We also used a halo and a cloud type style behind the writing.

Since we kind of know how to do caligraphy the old style would be kind of neat as another example.

So here is the sketch:

Picture.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm kind of working on a drawing of the guys, 'cause their music is really nice to listen to while drawing. It's not at all finished yet, but I thought I'd give you a sneak preview. :wink2:

midwayinprogress.jpg

I didn't include Nathan 'cause I don't like him much.

:naughty:

Kidding. I just drew them all from left-to-right, and he's going to be added on the right side next.

--Jack

Meanwhile, I'm kind of working on a drawing of the guys, 'cause their music is really nice to listen to while drawing. It's not at all finished yet, but I thought I'd give you a sneak preview. :wink2:

midwayinprogress.jpg

Kidding. I just drew them all from left-to-right, and he's going to be added on the right side next.

--Jack

That's really good Jack. You can really draw people well. Looking forward to seeing Nathan. :thumb_yello:

midwayinprogress.jpg

--Jack

Oh Wow! That's so amazing...I feel the spirit of each one is somehow captured:blush-anim-cl: