Adele

CazGirl

Some of you may have probably seen her on The Brits. Some of you may have heard her fantastic song "Chasing Pavements".

This is her MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=7032442

I think she has a really intriguing, interesting voice and I really like her music. I may just get her album.

Go and have a listen to her songs - and don't forget to respond!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately intriguing.

I first head that song on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross (ooo that reminds me, must go see whos on tonight).

Its a great song, but having seen her 'live personality' at the brits im not too sure. She seems (at risk of sounding cruel) rather common, nervous and standard.

I will be very interested to see what her next moves are in terms of here career.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm...she's got a sweet sound, and I like her lyrics, but she needs to solidify herself. She sounds kind of like a newbie. I like her music, though.

Her voice (not her music) sounds like a mix of Amy Winehouse and...someone else, I can't put my finger on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like Adele... she's got a great voice and some interesting songs.

Going to see Adele tomorrow with Christine, her friend, and closetmikafan! :biggrin2:

I was going to try to go with you guys but I don't think I'm going to be able to. Hopefully she'll come back again later this year. Have a great time!

Ps - I'm curious to hear about that venue too. It seems odd... it's a seated venue but the tickets were general admission!

I really like Adele... she's got a great voice and some interesting songs.

I was going to try to go with you guys but I don't think I'm going to be able to. Hopefully she'll come back again later this year. Have a great time!

Ps - I'm curious to hear about that venue too. It seems odd... it's a seated venue but the tickets were general admission!

Aw that's too bad. It would be great if you'd come too. She's on at 8pm, so try if you can. It's Friday night (sure hope you're not working!)Oh yeah, a seated venue - forgot about that.:blink:

Weirdest thing...I went to the Danforth Music Hall last Friday and it was the same situation! We just walked in and sat wherever we wanted like it was a movie theatre.

Aw that's too bad. It would be great if you'd come too. She's on at 8pm, so try if you can. It's Friday night (sure hope you're not working!)Oh yeah, a seated venue - forgot about that.:blink:

WOO! I think I can come tonight after all... I'll try and get a ticket at the box office. See ya there!

Some of you may have probably seen her on The Brits. Some of you may have heard her fantastic song "Chasing Pavements".

This is her MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=7032442

I think she has a really intriguing, interesting voice and I really like her music. I may just get her album.

Go and have a listen to her songs - and don't forget to respond!

the 1st time i hear of her, was when a group of us were chatting about her and mika at an awards show, and then she was MTVs star of the week or watev, and now shes played alot on the radio

Just got back from the Adele concert... I am so glad I went! I had a really great time with Suzy, ClosetMikaFan, Christine, and Christine's friend.

Adele was absolutely fantastic. She is such an amazing talent, and has a huge career ahead of her. Her voice is beautiful... and she started with my favourite song of hers - Right as Rain! This girl is seriously talented. I feel lucky to have seen her so early in her career.

It was the first concert after this venue had some renovations and reopened, so they actually had it catered, and served lots of really delicious hors d'oeuvres... they probably spent more on that than we spent on the $16 tickets.

Suzy did some smooth talking with one of the ushers and got us to the front of a line that no one knew about at that point, so when the doors finally opened ClosetMikaFan was able to sprint into the theatre and get us seats in the 6th row. We would have been closer, but I kind of got in his way at the starting gate.

We then spent some time in a restaurant eating entirely too much dessert, corrupting Christine's friend by explaining what MILF and GILF stand for, and debating the merits (or not) of early Bon Jovi.

All in all a lovely evening.

Just got back from the Adele concert... I am so glad I went! I had a really great time with Suzy, ClosetMikaFan, Christine, and Christine's friend.

Adele was absolutely fantastic. She is such an amazing talent, and has a huge career ahead of her. Her voice is beautiful... and she started with my favourite song of hers - Right as Rain! This girl is seriously talented. I feel lucky to have seen her so early in her career.

It was the first concert after this venue had some renovations and reopened, so they actually had it catered, and served lots of really delicious hors d'oeuvres... they probably spent more on that than we spent on the $16 tickets.

Suzy did some smooth talking with one of the ushers and got us to the front of a line that no one knew about at that point, so when the doors finally opened ClosetMikaFan was able to sprint into the theatre and get us seats in the 6th row. We would have been closer, but I kind of got in his way at the starting gate.

We then spent some time in a restaurant eating entirely too much dessert, corrupting Christine's friend by explaining what MILF and GILF stand for, and debating the merits (or not) of early Bon Jovi.

i'm glad you had such a great time:thumb_yello:

And she's soooo talented. Omg that voice.:wub2: Aaand she's adorable. Aaand she's funny and witty.

Zoots is right, we had an awesome night :naughty: Christine - your friend is a hoot. "Maaa":roftl:

Thank you for a fabulous birthday pressie Christine! :huglove:

I am now so looking forward to the Ting Tings in 8 days. Your birthday present Christine:wink2:...(although I still have to pay you back for mine too):bleh:

Have I already mentioned that Adele is sooooo talented?!

This woman's voice is mind-blowingly amazing. Now I finally understand the the initial Amy Winehouse comparisons. The hairs on my arms stood up for most of the concert. Her tone is so rich and smooth and absolutely 100% pitch perfect. Somehow better than the album even though her voice on the album is flawless.

She is simply the best singer I've ever had a chance to hear live and I cannot even fathom that she could be only 20 years old. Loved, loved, loved her.

And as always I had lots of my fun with my fellow MFCers. Thanks for a great night! :wub2:

Next up...Ting Tings! :punk:

Check out this blog post from Adele's myspace (below). She also has another post that she keeps updating, with pictures and videos from her tour as she goes along. ("so we arrived in vancouver on sunday 25th and saw a woman just dancing at 7am at the bus stop! it was a lovely city, never seen so many crack heads!")

I wish Mika would do posts like this every now and then - without us having to beg.

Anyway, here it is...

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

hey home.

morning! im sitting in a car park for trucks in between minneapolis and ann arbor and am feeling very homesick. i miss my mum and my friend brett and clyde

obama just won the democratic vote which is good news, but my last pg tip just ripped which is not! the tours going amazingly over here across the pond, am meeting lots of lovely people and the shows are going great. san francisco is beautiful and i love chicago too. plus the proper lemonade!! i keep getting flooded with memories of the UK tour and remembering how much fun i had and how good it was to finally get out and come play for you lot. thankyou so much for that, doing another one in october and i cant ****ing wait!

im a bad flier so we're driving everywhere and with that ive had a lot of time to think. im only just starting to realise whats happened in these 6 months, and my throat keeps getting heavy with astonishment. i havent had a chance to notice the scale of whats going on, until now. things just sort of went in one ear and out the other, and so much stuff happened so quickly i didnt know how to react to any of it. i sing cause its the only thing i like to do and im sooo grateful that other people like it too, despite how some people think im not. maybe it seems like im not cause i dont just sit, smile and gush about it all. and cause i dont have an exaggerated story that makes it sound like ive been working my whole life towards this, and therefore deserve it more, cause i went to the school of hard knocks and been 'writing' my own songs to get me through it ever since! pah!! [Zoots' comment: hmm, who could she be referring to here?! :sneaky2:] im just 20, i was hoping for the best in anything. i werent expecting all this! it all keeps exceeding my expectations again and again. so i hope those pokers and pickers forgive me for not being the above, but im not being told how i should be perceived. if im ****tin myself i frown i dont smile!

anyway...

we got to this car park a few hours ago for dinner but i quickly skipped it and had a milkshake instead. the restaurant was like something out of chainsaw masacre. the chicken was black, now the boys have all got the ****s! ha! i bought a wicked coat in portland, its a real winter one! im really looking forward to coming home and going to some festivals and filling up my ears with the sounds of santogold and sam sparro. im not playing at any of them cause im truly petrified of them! i bought my little god sister sarah a beautiful dress in chicago. my mums coming out to meet me in new york so she'll be a little bit of home till im back in another 2 and a bit weeks. my bass player toms come along for the ride even though hes only playing at a few shows, cause im doing most of them acoustic. and when i played in chicago the other night, so was erykah badu and he got to go and watch her from the side of the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeedddooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

got a day off tomorrow, gonna go see indiana jones with charlie. anyway just wanted to say hello, share some stuff and have a bit of moan!! im sure ill see some of you in a field somewhere with some cider over the summer! look forward to it!

adele xx

cause i dont have an exaggerated story that makes it sound like ive been working my whole life towards this, and therefore deserve it more, cause i went to the school of hard knocks and been 'writing' my own songs to get me through it ever since! pah!!

:lmao: This is one for the appleman thread.

We will never get blogs like this from Mika. It's not his style.

She is simply the best singer I've ever had a chance to hear live and I cannot even fathom that she could be only 20 years old. Loved, loved, loved her.

And as always I had lots of my fun with my fellow MFCers. Thanks for a great night! :wub2:

Next up...Ting Tings! :punk:

I'm glad you had fun! I was wondering how this gig went. I've heard before that she's amazing live.

And the Ting Tings? Sigh. And you say nothing ever happens in Toronto. :sneaky2:

cause i dont have an exaggerated story that makes it sound like ive been working my whole life towards this, and therefore deserve it more, cause i went to the school of hard knocks and been 'writing' my own songs to get me through it ever since! pah

:shocked:

Someone certainly has an ax to grind! :roftl: