TheIndependent: Something for the 50 something Mother

Akim

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"professed vocal range of five octaves has elevated him to a staple of the daytime radio playlists"

ok, its not true: 4-4.5 maybe, but its said in a praiseworthy manner :wink2: so I forgive them

Haha...five octaves is really strange, you're a freak if you can sing all that

As far as I remember, Mika said his range is about 3 and a half. It's a lot as well! (my friends musicians say it's more than usual) He must be singing more or less... from a C2 to a G5 or A5

like this:

piano-keys.jpg

the highest and lowest notes I've heard of him (till now) are a G2 and a G5. Scary:boxed:

I am 54 years old and a mother to a son who is the same age as Mika. I love the guy! From the first time I heard him singing 'Love Today' I knew he was someone very special. I also agree that his songs get into your head! they kind of become part of your life in a way no other songs have ever done! Someone will say something... and it makes one of Mika's songs start playing in my head!

Recently, with the new interest in ABBA, because of the musical, I keep thinking that in 30 years time, this will be happening with Mika and his music.

But before that, I would really love for Mika to write a musical! He could do it so well!!

I remember your messages, wishing happy Christmas and telling me about Steve and Alan and how happy you were they support you and really understand. It would be more difficult if Alan didn't like Mika!

I'm still relieved that you didn't get upset when I told you were the old mum of the MFC :naughty:

and yes, Mika said he'll write a musical in his thirties or before. So I'm looking forward to that, it will be about 2012 or 2013 :biggrin2:

. . . and yes, Mika said he'll write a musical in his thirties or before. So I'm looking forward to that, it will be about 2012 or 2013 :biggrin2:

AND THE MUSICAL WILL PLAY ON BOTH THE LONDON

theatredist.jpg

& BROADWAY STAGES!

large_nyc.blog.JPG

and HERE . . .

0601showcase1.jpg

seatingchart_strathmore.gif

grp_strathmoremc.jpg

near ME ! :thumb_yello:

i wish i could have taken my mother to a mika gig , but she died 6 years ago at the age of 45.

so she has never heard of mika.

but i'm sure she would have loved him and his music,

i had a dream about her and mika. i was in a movie with mika and my mother was there too . i wanted to introduce mika to my mother but my mother said oh we already know eachother :naughty:

hehe, its a sign that she would of loved him!!!

Ps. my dad randomly came up to me and told me he prayed for johnny lol hahaha coz that song is always stuck in his head:naughty:

• 3 months later...
and yes, Mika said he'll write a musical in his thirties or before. So I'm looking forward to that, it will be about 2012 or 2013 :biggrin2:

When did he say this? This has been my dream since early 2007.

http://mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=108243&post108243

And I don't want some compilation of his pop music as a backdrop to some irrelevant story. I want something original and wild like Rocky Horror or Hair. And starring Mika of course. :naughty:

Oh and Rufus Wainwright has written an opera called prima donna.

Some of it is in French :wink2:

When did Mika say that? I do not recall but would like to see!

Let's see, how old will I be in 2012?...

Oh it's hopeless, I'm rubbish at math! :roftl:

Oh and Rufus Wainwright has written an opera called prima donna.

Some of it is in French :wink2:

When did Mika say that? I do not recall but would like to see!

Let's see, how old will I be in 2012?...

Oh it's hopeless, I'm rubbish at math! :roftl:

ooh 2012 ..opening at the same time as Olympics or maybe aftwards that way he has crowds! hehe

omg life is going to be SO DAMN good after 2010!!!

I will be 40 Oh god....40 :shocked: