MFC Identification

pinkunicorn123

We have just been discussing that it seems the flashing hearts idea has now died a death, so i think since we are on the boarderline of an official status, that the mfc needs a new 'gimmick' for want of a better word, to allow members to be spotted.

It needs to be something simple, affordable (since hearts/badges are out of budget for younger members), unique and available on a global scale.

Any thoughts?

I was thinking of a bracelet idea in mfc colours.

Special beads can be added to count the number of concerts members have been to.

Just a thought. Its something that i have made before and will happy to do in bulk for members.

Discuss?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though a bracelet is a good idea, it should be easily visible too; so like when you say hi (or another MFCer spots you) they can say 'Oh, hi! You're from the MFC!!' or vise versa. It would be great for not-cold concerts, because you don't have to wear a coat. But when you're wearing a coat, it's difficult to see.

I think a "pass" like the backstage passes should be a great idea BUT it would have to be only available to mfc-ers only because if its not then everybody will be wearing them just like with the hearts.

yeah it does have to be very unique... i like the idea about revolving around the MFC colours-its not common colours

Though a bracelet is a good idea, it should be easily visible too; so like when you say hi (or another MFCer spots you) they can say 'Oh, hi! You're from the MFC!!' or vise versa. It would be great for not-cold concerts, because you don't have to wear a coat. But when you're wearing a coat, it's difficult to see.

Yes - sorry, 'visible' was something we discussed that i forgot to add to the list.

mmmm.... well how about a tiny switch to a necklace? or is that too feminine for some guys?

With tops/coats they might not be seen and also there is the feminine aspect - they can also be counted as a choking health and safety risk for concerts - i know there has been no problem with the hearts but many mfcers are bruised from crowd control issues recently, so it is a factor.

I wouldn't want just one bead on my bracelet because i can't afford to go concert hopping like all yous.

I havent been to a concert either - just because you havent been doesnt mean you couldnt have a bracelet, i just thought it would be a good way to personalise as well a promoting the fact that the mfc do attend alot of gigs.

I likes the idea but you'd only be able to send it out to members of MFC that have shown their loyalty. So when people first sign up they can't send off for one straigh away then never post.

This is a good point - we could agree a low but none the less 'non-newbie' post count in order to be within the bounds...75 posts maybe?

We have just been discussing that it seems the flashing hearts idea has now died a death, so i think since we are on the boarderline of an official status, that the mfc needs a new 'gimmick' for want of a better word, to allow members to be spotted.

It needs to be something simple, affordable (since hearts/badges are out of budget for younger members), unique and available on a global scale.

Any thoughts?

I was thinking of a bracelet idea in mfc colours.

Special beads can be added to count the number of concerts members have been to.

Just a thought. Its something that i have made before and will happy to do in bulk for members.

Discuss?

blackbeadedlarge.jpg

Here, found this as an example of what i mean - obviously not in those colours but they can be easily adapted to fit the wrists of all members and with 'counters' on, and preferabley, saying mfc not ryl!

Since no more ideas have really sprung up...ill add to this one.

Just an example, here are the types/colours of beads that could be used.

They are really inexpensive so it would be very simple to make and cost little for younger members:

If we did them in mfc colours they would probably be similar to this.

9CP156.jpg

9CP123.jpg

But who says the have to be in mfc colours... be made to specific requirements because they are simple.

They could be in white with the mfc written in these:

alpha1936-23-sm.jpg

And additonal different ones for concerts and meets like....erm....i dont know...these?:

rainbowbeads.jpg

Im just throwing around ideas - ignore me.

Since no more ideas have really sprung up...ill add to this one.

Just an example, here are the types/colours of beads that could be used.

They are really inexpensive so it would be very simple to make and cost little for younger members:

If we did them in mfc colours they would probably be similar to this.

9CP156.jpg

9CP123.jpg

But who says the have to be in mfc colours... be made to specific requirements because they are simple.

They could be in white with the mfc written in these:

alpha1936-23-sm.jpg

And additonal different ones for concerts and meets like....erm....i dont know...these?:

rainbowbeads.jpg

Im just throwing around ideas - ignore me.

Maybe a bracelet with the letters "MFC", the two MFC colours next to that, and the rest can be chosen by the MFC'er? PWETTY COLOURS! *shot*

But maybe that's not unique enough.... Maybe we should have special MFC beads, that can be handed out at the concerts by another MFC'er who already has a bracelet xD Special beads for each coutry! *shot*

Still, I like the idea of a pass too.. A team could make them for each MFC'er who wants one and has enough posts, and make it a little bit special so it cannot be faked etc.. easy thing is you can send that stuff online and let the MFC'er print it out..

I love the bracelet idea! :)

How about rosettes that are orange instead of blue? How amazing would that be! lol but probably 100% inpractical :roftl:

Or maby some kind of sticker?

Just ideas!

Yes, let's stick stickers to our foreheads! XD *SHOT*

Ahem, ok, I'll stop making stupid comments and think harder to come up with a great idea..

May I suggest...a RAINBOW scarf:

Rainbowscalf.gif

Omg, that's SO Mika-ish XD .. But where do we get a rainbow scarf? o.o And a scarf is kinda hot at the concert itself, me thinks.. though it would do good if you are waiting outside for a really long time (real fans come early in the morning :3 xP)

I really like all the ideas, but my fav is the rozette...cause when you are outside you can have in on your coat but when you're inside you can put it on your shirt :wink2:

note: it doesn't háve to to a rozette...just something you can put on outside ánd inside:thumb_yello: