2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Zoots14:

Well, despite my own free will I've been drawn back to this thread over the last 24 hours like a car accident on the side of the highway...

First, I want to say how happy I am for Mika & the band that they've passed this milestone, nicely tied in with a Brit award in the same week, and can now take a break and then move on to new things. Congratulations to them! I also think an after-party with champagne was a lovely and generous sentiment, so even though I was not there - I'm sending a thank you to them for being so gracious to their fans.

Having read most of this thread, I feel badly for those who were upset about how things went at the after party, I'm disappointed in those who behaved so poorly and monopolized Mika, and I'm thrilled for those of you who had some special moments... like Saraflor and the t-shirt! I am SO excited about that.

As sweet as the gesture of a party was, it didn't go as well as it could have - obviously. Well, we all live and learn... things happen... and perhaps this will spur Team Mika to make accommodations for just what a big star Mika is becoming, and account for the fact that a small portion of fans will inevitably be obnoxious... sad but true.

In particular, maybe it's time they added a professional event planner to the team? I hardly think this means he'll have to miss out on future events with his fans... it just means it has to be planned better. From his reaction in the video it looks like he DID expect it to be planned better... time for the people around him to step up and figure out how to do this.

Yes, it's disappointing the way people acted, particularly since it was meant as such a generous gesture, a celebration, and simply got out of hand and/or was not properly planned and handled. It's unfortunate, but hey... it's a learning experience, and next time John / Mika / everyone else will have a better idea of how to do this.

Anyway... thanks for everything Mika! Congratulations on wrapping up the tour!

Thank you Zoots14 for saying what I have felt for the last couple of days!

I don't think I could have written my thoughts any better than what you say here.

I am So Happy for Everything Mika has achieved over this last fourteen to sixteen months.

Thanks for sharing the Relax encore, Sariflor. The energy in the room must have been amazing! You guys didn't even give him the chance to sing. And the drum entrance and sped-up ending were awesome. :thumb_yello:

I don't think he had the energy left to sing and jump around at full force. He gave this show everything he had. It was awesome. :punk:

What a totally awsome and exhausting Mikafest this week has been. Stuck in the middle between caring for aging mother (with dementia) and stroppy teenage daughter (whom I took to gig on Tues) the sheer excitment of dressing up and sneeking off to Mikagigs is always a wonderfully delicious adventure. :naughty: Arriving with bags on Monday didn't manage to get ticket but did see Mika stick his head out of the car. All day Tuesday getting ready and arrive with daughter to get fairly reasonable place (I wasnt expecting front row stuff but we could still see fairly OK) and had super time just being there. :thumb_yello: After enjoyed meeting some MFCs and managed to buy ticket from Alegra for Thurs. (Molto Grazie) So enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and chatting - un peu le francais and un poco espangnol tambien. Saw Mika come out sign a white balloon and saw him into the car. Thursday ended up arriving very late - was still making Mika's present! Another fab gig. However my technology let me down - as I SO wanted to film all the multicoloured confetti finale.- which I see as representing all the different facets of the Mikaworld: all the people and all the diverse experiences.:thumb_yello: So having bought a spare bag I proceeded to pick up as much confetti as possible - to make a giant collage. One of the security guards let me finish wrapping my present on a table but I still ended up outside on the steps scribbling a letter to Mika. Meanwhile I had no idea an afterparty was on the cards but when I got to the stage door I wondered why there were no obvious MFC people - ie no rabbit ears and no feathers - just mainly tourists. Must say I do admire people who are coming from so far and wide to see Mika when I just tootle down from North London and take my chances. I did meet a lovely lady (in her 60's) who had just flown in from Marseilles who looks after her 92 yr old mother who is also a Mikafan and send him flowers and a letter! The only odd experiences were when I thought I saw Mrs P in a waiting car (I thought I'd give her the present) when I realised it must have been la grandmere, sitting next to Fortune and also the famous lady who speaks her sad story and dances on the GK video. Then had a look through backstage doors at empty and littered stage and talked to the nice roady who did the special effects and when I told him about my confetti scaveging he gave me a roll of streamers.:thumb_yello: Finally got to see Mika at stage door and tried to listen to what was going on. Yes got an autograph and I just said merci - BUT it was very quickly done and sad to say with NO smiles- which felt somewhat rejecting on reflection. :thumbdown: Only yesterday discovered that here had been a party and I cried and sulked all day long! Now I read all the stuff that went on - I probably saw more of Mika at the stage door. However it must have been so flipping cool to have been at the party and drink free champagne.:mf_rosetinted: hate missing things especially a party. Finalement - tant pis -obviously people who had time and energy to queue were more entitled to entry but had I have known I would have been well and truly up for it - next time I will not spend so long picking up the confetti cannon pieces. : Cheers to everyone who had a goodtime and a super Mikafest. :thumb_yello:

Wonderful story, susievalentine! thank you for the telling.

Collage idea sounds cool too.

wanna post the link? :naughty:

I haven't seen a video of it yet, just thought you could check that thread as well.

What I'm really looking for is the LT video from Hammersmith because I was getting a whole lotta love from Mika during that song. :wub2:

I haven't seen a video of it yet, just thought you could check that thread as well.

What I'm really looking for is the LT video from Hammersmith because I was getting a whole lotta love from Mika during that song. :wub2:

Oooh lucky you :das:

I'm sure Sara has a video of it, I'll just wait :naughty:

In a "in one second he looked deep into my soul from across the room despite having a hundred people between us" kind of way? :naughty:

In a "in one second he looked deep into my soul from across the room despite having a hundred people between us" kind of way? :naughty:

That's the one. In fact that's what he did to me on Thursday. Except there were about 150 people and half a mile between us. :mf_rosetinted:

I was told that this "party" was not actually planned by Mika, but just something that happenned by accident a bit as a snowball effect reaction to the fact that some of the french fans had gotten "backstage" or afterparty passes.

Because they got a few but wanted more of them (for the whole french group I presume) things got a bit more complicated and in the end the management came out handing the bracelets out to try and get more people in.

At first, she thought about people who travelled for seeing the gigs, like in Italy, Düsseldorf, Luxembourg, Brussels and Paris/London... Biche have to tell me all the details but not yet..

Anyway, that's the same story that you and Niki heard ! :wink2:

No, in a Petra and Sariflor going WTF did you do? Why does Mika keep coming over here and staring at you? kind of way.

It kind of freaked me out.

That's the one. In fact that's what he did to me on Thursday. Except there were about 150 people and half a mile between us. :mf_rosetinted:

Please Bab, do not mock the deep connection that Mika and I share.

No, in a Petra and Sariflor going WTF did you do? Why does Mika keep coming over here and staring at you? kind of way.

It kind of freaked me out.

Lies. You loved his stalkerish stare

At first, she thought about people who travelled for seeing the gigs, like in Italy, Düsseldorf, Luxembourg, Brussels and Paris/London... Biche have to tell me all the details but not yet..

Anyway, that's the same story that you and Niki heard ! :wink2:

Mrs Penniman said that she gave Jemma and I passes because we had seen him so many times and deserved it, to which I replied, but that's our choice, to travel, and spend our money in this way. I don't expect to be rewarded for it, and I thanked her.

Next we'll be handing out medals according to how far people have travelled.

Note to Christine - get your spare room ready, I want a medal. :mf_rosetinted: