The Oldling Thread (PART 12!!!)

dcdeb

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And Crystal, nice to meet you! (I'm Oldling #57 I think?) and still haven't mastered multiple quotes yet! what classes are you taking?

Hi, nice to meet you :)

I just finished a forestry diploma, am currently working on a recreation/fish/wildlife diploma, and next year will be doing a bachelors degree in GIS (Geographic Information Systems, which is a computerized mapping software that is used by everything from ambulances to fire trucks, to GPS machines!)

Hi Oldings! Are we official yet - the thread is closed?:confused:

Clare - I work for a company that provides care for people with learning difficulties, many of them disabled. Small world eh :thumb_yello:

Hello, Silver! it seems like there are a lot of good, generous, caring souls on this forum!

I was talking to a neighbor last night, she's a caseworker for high school kids who, for one reason or another, have been held back. She was telling about one boy who just will not make an effort in anything, the only thing he does is change his clothes for physical ed. class, he will not do anything in any other class. His parents won't get involved, so he could be there the next 6 years! How frustrating!

Hi, nice to meet you :)

I just finished a forestry diploma, am currently working on a recreation/fish/wildlife diploma, and next year will be doing a bachelors degree in GIS (Geographic Information Systems, which is a computerized mapping software that is used by everything from ambulances to fire trucks, to GPS machines!)

that sounds really interesting! what is your final career goal?

Hello, Oldlings! Missing you!

Just popping in quickly to tell shoni I've added her -- I've added

4 oldlings today, in fact! It's getting crowded in here :wink2:

Wendy, I've still not found your report -- but I did see the video! :thumb_yello:

Today is my husband's 49th birthday! :shocked:

So I've baked a cake and got a nice chicken dish in the crockpot... need

to pop out soon for a few last-minute things.

So catching up properly will have to wait yet another day...

Hope you're all well! Oh, one last thing -- I met a girl in Disney World

the other day who was from Millport -- she told me that was near

Glasgow, yeah? Made me smile, just to hear someone say Glasgow with

that accent. :wub2:

Right -- I better be off for a while!

Hope to talk to you all for real, soon!

dcdeb

:thumb_yello: Thanks for adding me to list. Sending ur hubby birthday wishes all the way from Bonnie Scotland. :happybday:

that sounds really interesting! what is your final career goal?

well to be completely honest....I want to be one of those people that goes out into the wild for months at a time and just sits and watches particular animal habits, like what they eat, what their noises mean, where they go, what they do, where they sleep, study, watch, photograph, document, measure, etc.

That, or studying fish habitat and the macroinvertebrates(aquatic insect larvae) that live there.

Hi Crystal, nice to meet you! I see you are from BC. I used to go there every year for Christmas b/c I have family there. I loved going!

Well hello there! I am indeed from BC. Currently living in the interior of BC going to college, but I hail originally from Vancouver. Lived there all my life.

Oh man, it's almost time to go to that one hour class then LUNCHTIME!!!!

When I think of Scotland, I think of Ewan McGregor:wub2: , my first and only obsession before Mika.

well all i can say is .........dream on heres what our local men look like

2409buckfastb.jpg

:shocked::roftl: