dcdeb

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Morning Oldlings,

I need advice. Last night, the Josh Groban Charity Foundation approached me asking for my help with International orders and shipping. I would be helping out with the Charity Store and all other duties assigned. It's really an honor being asked especially since my name was suggested to them. What an opportunity to be part of something big. I'm so flattered and honored....especially since I've been around since the very beginning of his career.

Now, here's my dilemna. I love Josh but, we all know where my loyalties really are. If this was the Mika team asking me, I wouldn't even hesitate. Oh, what to do?

Hmm, thinking I need to contact the Mika team to get them to start a Mika Charity Foundation. I wonder if he's even thought of this yet?

What should I do? I know that the JGCF would take a lot of my time and my heart is with the Mika team. ACK! I need 2 of me.

Good Morning Oldlings,

I need advice. Last night, the Josh Groban Charity Foundation approached me asking for my help with International orders and shipping. I would be helping out with the Charity Store and all other duties assigned. It's really an honor being asked especially since my name was suggested to them. What an opportunity to be part of something big. I'm so flattered and honored....especially since I've been around since the very beginning of his career.

Now, here's my dilemna. I love Josh but, we all know where my loyalties really are. If this was the Mika team asking me, I wouldn't even hesitate. Oh, what to do?

Hmm, thinking I need to contact the Mika team to get them to start a Mika Charity Foundation. I wonder if he's even thought of this yet?

What should I do? I know that the JGCF would take a lot of my time and my heart is with the Mika team. ACK! I need 2 of me.

Wow that is really awesome!!!!! What an honor indeed! But, I would feel the same way you do. My loyalties lay here....that would be a toughy....definately something to ponder over, indeed!!!!!!!

I am definitely pondering! I'm so torn right now...I know that Josh's Foundation does wonderful things. I am going over there next weekend to help out with shipping. Maybe I could just continue doing stuff like that....I don't know if I can commit full time. But, what an honor. Josh's Mom is such a sweetheart and I know she is a huge part of this.

Wow that is really awesome!!!!! What an honor indeed! But, I would feel the same way you do. My loyalties lay here....that would be a toughy....definately something to ponder over, indeed!!!!!!!

Good afternoon Oldlings :)

My gosh, I don't know what to do! You people need to help me!!

Today, I woke up, and there was this thing. It was like...hanging...suspended...in the sky. It was like..bright, and I had a hard time looking at it, and it made me feel.....warmish sorta....I tried to escape it, but it was everywhere except inside, and even there, it tried to squeeze in through the curtains...I'm not sure what to do...

Anyone?

:roftl: I thought you were talking about a UFO!!!!!!! :lmao:

These timezones screw me up. It's 10am here. Tired kids throwing up through the night. Came to work to get a break... kids at home with their father:roftl:

Hope they feel better soon xx

Charlotte - ask for a 3 month trial - see how it fits in with the rest

of your lifestyle - and judge from that!! :thumb_yello:

Afternoon all.

Another day without any work, but I have been talking to someone about how to go about restructuring the business, so I'll be going to some re-training sessions to see how to go about it. Will be talking to the lady next week. Maybe if things go well I could look into expanding next year. Just need to get the van sorted out now.

Charlie, not sure how to advise you about this, it's tricky to pick between the two artists who you are involved in backing. I guess as it's been mentioned do the three month trial, while Mika is away doing the album, and see how it goes. Is is very time consuming, as you'll have to fit it in with your job anyway, which if it takes up too much of your free time, you might want to think about just helping out as you are doing already. I understand that because Josh's family are so nice, that you would like to help out more, but I'm sure they wouldn't expect you to take on more than you can handle.

Wow, Charlotte, very exciting to be asked, but yeah... hard to choose.

Well, it wouldn't be for ME... I mean, I like Josh Groban well enough,

but this is definitely where my loyalties lie. Lay. Whatever, I've forgotten

the rule... :naughty:

I think if they'll let you just try it one for a few months, that's the

ideal scenario, but watch out... when I started moderating here, it was

just as a trial, too... :wink2:

It was sent on the 3rd of March - but their "free" delivery

takes up to 10 days!!! Is it coming via pigeon or something!! :thumbdown:

Sheesh, Wendy! Don't they realize how many of us are waiting on

tenterhooks for you to get those pics and videos online???!!! :shocked:

Maybe we all need to call them on your behalf!

dcdeb

Hiya Rose - still no news on the van front? :(

Hope the business plan meetings help - in this cut throat

world - we need all the help we can get! :thumb_yello:

That we do Wendi, so many people tend to get a van and start couriering, but they don't get the relevent insurances for it, and it' s hard for people like me to be taken seriously because of this. I spoke to my goods in transit insurer today to let them know I haven't been using my van for the last couple of months, using my customers van, I'm covered under his. So they told me when I'm ready to get back in touch and they would issue a new policy for me. So I've got that sorted out at least.

Wow, Charlotte, very exciting to be asked, but yeah... hard to choose.

Well, it wouldn't be for ME... I mean, I like Josh Groban well enough,

but this is definitely where my loyalties lie. Lay. Whatever, I've forgotten

the rule... :naughty:

I think if they'll let you just try it one for a few months, that's the

ideal scenario, but watch out... when I started moderating here, it was

just as a trial, too... :wink2:

Sheesh, Wendy! Don't they realize how many of us are waiting on

tenterhooks for you to get those pics and videos online???!!! :shocked:

Maybe we all need to call them on your behalf!

dcdeb

They did not even answer my email - probably wondered just

what kind of person they were delivering to!! :naughty:

Rose - I would not have thought to ask for Insurance details etc

if I had to book a courier!! :blink: I would just expect it to get

to its destination, by the proper time!! Now I know!! :wink2:

alcam here and proud to be an oldling on MFC.

tried to open my own account but couldn't cos hev's using same email add.

Hev? You are alcam - are there two of you in "hevalump"?

Nosey (and slow) Oldling here!!!!v :blush-anim-cl:

Wendi, Deb and Rose...Thanks so much for your advice. However, I think I knew my answer before I even asked for the advice.

You see, I'm completely flattered that the Josh Groban camp thinks so highly of me; however, I'm not obsessed over Josh like I am Mika. My loyalties completely lay with Mika. I don't think that I can even give 10% of myself to the Josh Groban Foundation when my heart is over here.

I think they are going to be shocked when I give them my answer.

Now, I'm really set on seeing if we can start a Mika Foundation Charity. Would any of y'all be interested in doing this. If so, I'll get the ball rolling and see if Mika would be interested and to see if he has even thought about this.

The Josh Groban Foundation has raised over $2Million for children. Can you imagine the impact that Mika could make?

Charlotte

alcam. that is how it is working at the moment, though I will sign alcam on writing anything then everyone will know it is me.

Cool - will try and remember that - if I get it wrong just

slap me!!!! :roftl: Lots of others want to as well!!! :wink2:

Wendi, Deb and Rose...Thanks so much for your advice. However, I think I knew my answer before I even asked for the advice.

You see, I'm completely flattered that the Josh Groban camp thinks so highly of me; however, I'm not obsessed over Josh like I am Mika. My loyalties completely lay with Mika. I don't think that I can even give 10% of myself to the Josh Groban Foundation when my heart is over here.

I think they are going to be shocked when I give them my answer.

Now, I'm really set on seeing if we can start a Mika Foundation Charity. Would any of y'all be interested in doing this. If so, I'll get the ball rolling and see if Mika would be interested and to see if he has even thought about this.

The Josh Groban Foundation has raised over $2Million for children. Can you imagine the impact that Mika could make?

Charlotte

What exactly would be involved Charlotte? I have lots of time,

but not the energy to do anything physical!!

alcam

all I have to do is remember what I have to do each time.

Brixton 2/2/2008

got tickets and travel to Hamsterjam 08/07/008

lookig at accommodation now, these concerts aint cheap, I remember getting all for 1/2 crown lol:thumb_yello:

OLDLING NUMBER 78

While I think it's a wonderful idea, I think I may be overextended

just moderating here :insane: Once we become official, I guess

we'll see what happens... :naughty:

That we do Wendi, so many people tend to get a van and start couriering, but they don't get the relevent insurances for it, and it' s hard for people like me to be taken seriously because of this. I spoke to my goods in transit insurer today to let them know I haven't been using my van for the last couple of months, using my customers van, I'm covered under his. So they told me when I'm ready to get back in touch and they would issue a new policy for me. So I've got that sorted out at least.

A little progress, Rose... sorry it's taken so long for you to get the

van sorted, though. If you were here in DC you'd be the ONLY courier

I would ever use! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

First of all, we would need to get Mika's permission and then, he would have to think about what kinda of charity he would like to do or be a part of. All money raised would go to his charity.

What we would do is set up an auction site/store to raise money for the charity. The fans and he would be responsible for donating items to be auctioned. These things could be art work by fans, backstage passes (which always bring in a ton of money), personal items of his...etc. The list is endless.

During Meet and Greets, there could be auctions. It would be a lot of work. People would need to be involved in shipping, etc.

I think this would be fabulous. Mika has such a huge impact on people and this would just be one other thing for him to be involved in. Josh Groban's Mom overseas the charity. I can almost see Mika's Mom doing the same thing.

What exactly would be involved Charlotte? I have lots of time,

but not the energy to do anything physical!!