Breaking into the US market

mgpm

If Mika got the opportunity to go onOprah, we sould know he deserved it! Also, he would be entertaining. Leona might have a tuneful voice, but she has the personality of a wet dishcloth. Yet, her appearance on the show will probably launch her career in America.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was makinng SO much progress...*so I thought* but one of the program directors of a Radio Station here in Florida told me after a couple days of harassing him... and I quote "It is beating a dead horse, at this point. Perhaps in the future".

He went on to tell me that Mika's RECORD LABEL is not pushing for a single to be played on the air. ........I was like WHAT does that have to do with it? WHO CARES ABOUT THE EXECUTIVES.... what about your listeners who WANT to hear Mika and are requesting him to be played?????

It is like banging your head against a brick wall.... PAINFUL and POINTLESS

But, I will NOT give up :mf_rosetinted:

They just don't know how we Mika Fans get down :naughty:

He went on to tell me that Mika's RECORD LABEL is not pushing for a single to be played on the air. ........I was like WHAT does that have to do with it? WHO CARES ABOUT THE EXECUTIVES.... what about your listeners who WANT to hear Mika and are requesting him to be played?????

That's what record companies do and that's why Mika was successful in the UK and couldn't get any airplay in the US.

The listeners listen to whatever they're spoonfed by the recording industry.

Mika has told us time and time again that Tommy Mottola is disinterested in him so he was never going to get the super hype launch he got in the UK.

The radio guy is right that you're beating a dead horse. LICM is history. Start harassing radio and TV stations when Mika releases his next album and you'll have better luck.

I heard, on Entertainment Today (a British show about celebs, which doesn't mention Mika if they can help it) that Simon Cowell has got Leona Lewis a spot on Oprah Winfrey's show.

Oh, Oprah. *siiigh* I work in a bookstore, and everytime she recommends a book on her show, we sell HUNDREDS. People who would never read those before before she recommended them, run out in droves to buy them afterwards. I loved the book Eat, Pray, Love before Oprah had it on her show. Then she promoted it, and now I almost don't want to admit I like it. It just annoys me how people are like lemmings. Whatever she likes, sells.

However, even if she does annoy me now, I would watch avidly if she had Mika on. Haha, I'm trying to imagine how the two of them would interact. Do you think she'd like him? :naughty:

Mika has a Long Musical career ahead of him!

U.S. radio stations will catch up with the rest of us Eventually!

They aren't smart enough to recognize Unique Talent!

For me - A Loyal Mika Fan - I can't wait for Mika's 2nd Album!!

Have Fun Creating It Mika!!