Breaking into the US market

mgpm

haha, nice work.

"No demand" is a sorry excuse though. If the radio stations ever bothered to play him, he would be in demand. They can't just play the song once and call it a day. Seriously, the radio stations ceaselessly bombard our ears every day with awful music. People want to hear something different! People want to hear Mika... they just don't know it yet

:biggrin2:

I LOVE that!!! SO TRUE! Everyone wants to hear Mika....they JUST don't know it yet! :naughty: PRICELESS! Listening to Mika cures all ills!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this - breaking into the U.S. market - is about Mika "caving" in as much as it is about a tune the U.S. radios will play off of Mika's next album.

Who knows why or what determines which artists the U.S. radios decide to play or not play.

The only reason I hope they will play Mika this next time out is so Mika will get more exposure & recognition for being the Musical Talent that he is.

More importantly Mika has sold five million units of LICM throughout the world!

That not only ensures that there will be a second album but that Mika has the freedom, money & selection of talented producers to create "his vision" for his next endeavour.

I can't wait for Mika's 2nd album!

I hope Mika is having Fun creating it!

I just know it will be Better than LICM which I Love!

Also with the success of LICM I think we will be seeing Mika get more money from the record company to produce Really Artisitc Sets etc.

Mika's journey has Truly just begun!!

I am a Claymate as well and Clay never gets radio play either.

What seems to be the issue is ClearChannel, they own the majority of the radio stations and they tell the dj's what music they can play.

I got through to one of ClearChannels most powerful stations today..... and the DJ said they do not play Mika - BUT he personally LOVES him! And he has a bit of a say as to what they play and will PUSH for Mika to be played :punk:

And so many were upset that Josiah Lemming did not make the final 24 on American Idol and the song that he performed was Grace Kelly.

Now, I thought his version was awful, but at least the song was featured on Idol.

It has also been mentioned as an audition by Luke Menardo, who is still in the competition.

And I think Luke is a Mika fan because he later sang Everybody's Talking and then last week sang Killer Queen.

It doesn't really matter that he's not being played on US radios..I mean..its not as though its affecting his status and career or anything. He's as big as ever worldwide. Heck, he's the biggest thing worldwide!

And so many were upset that Josiah Lemming did not make the final 24 on American Idol and the song that he performed was Grace Kelly.

Now, I thought his version was awful, but at least the song was featured on Idol.

It has also been mentioned as an audition by Luke Menardo, who is still in the competition.

And I think Luke is a Mika fan because he later sang Everybody's Talking and then last week sang Killer Queen.

OMG...I missed that!!!! OH I would have loved to have seen both of those performances!!!! OMG!

It doesn't really matter that he's not being played on US radios..I mean..its not as though its affecting his status and career or anything. He's as big as ever worldwide. Heck, he's the biggest thing worldwide!

IT MATTERS A WHOLE lot to those of us here in the states that would LOVE to hear him on a regular basis..... with all of the CRAP they do play...it is an outrage they WILL NOT play Mika! It matters ALOT!

Massive Radio play = exposure

IT MATTERS A WHOLE lot to those of us here in the states that would LOVE to hear him on a regular basis..... with all of the CRAP they do play...it is an outrage they WILL NOT play Mika! It matters ALOT!

Massive Radio play = exposure

I didn't mean it doesn't matter to the fans..I meant it wont harm his career. Of course you guys would want nothing more than Mika on the radio! Don't we all? To make you feel better, Mika's barely on the radio in Dubai as well:thumbdown:

I didn't mean it doesn't matter to the fans..I meant it wont harm his career. Of course you guys would want nothing more than Mika on the radio! Don't we all? To make you feel better, Mika's barely on the radio in Dubai as well:thumbdown:

No way it won't hurt him!!!!! He does NOT need the mainstream American audience! They do not play him on the radio here...but EVERY show on the tour was SOLD OUT! THAT speaks for itself! :wub2:

MIKA IS BIG in America.... but he has a core base of dedicated fans that have been there from the beginning! Seems that no one else is willing to give him a chance! :thumbdown:

No way it won't hurt him!!!!! He does NOT need the mainstream American audience! They do not play him on the radio here...but EVERY show on the tour was SOLD OUT! THAT speaks for itself! :wub2:

MIKA IS BIG in America.... but he has a core base of dedicated fans that have been there from the beginning! Seems that no one else is willing to give him a chance! :thumbdown:

I'm SO glad you've been pushing the radion stations here to play Mika. Generally, Miami's 'popular' radio stations play the uber-mainstream stuff. There isn't anything wrong with that, really, but it pisses me off everytime I hear Kanye West's mostly explicit lyrics being aired around the block.

Good on you HollyD.

I wonder how his Miami gig back in June 07 went? I'm guessing that explains why he hasn't come back here since. :(

I SAID....MIKA is HUGE in America....his concerts SELL OUT - WHY won't they play him on the radio??????? They told me that his fans are all underground :blink:

*looks around at the various rock formations and stalagmites*

MFC = Underground. I dub this place "the Cave". :mf_rosetinted:

I live in Western North Carolina and it seems the only radio stations I can pick up is that CRAPPY country music. Please don't get mad at me if you like country...lol.. I mean just because we are "Southerners or Country Folk" doesn't mean that we ALL like that crap... I have written a few stations that I can barely pick up that plays more than country and we will see what they say, if anything...lol..

I would love to hear Mika on the radio!

Hehe...

Angela

Don't worry...I don't much like country music.

I know, I'd much rather hear Mika than Fergie or Daughtry for the ZILLIONTH time!!! But, i rarely listen to the radio anyways. When I drive, its always LICM.

HAHA me too, you should hear my 6 year old trying to get as high as Mika, it is too funny.....lol

Serendipity....I'm about an hour west of Philly....in the boonies in Amish country. Were you at the Philly show?

GOOD ON YOU HOLLY!!! I've been emailing stations here for months. Not every day, but a few times a month....sent them all the good reviews of his concerts here in the US, too.

As much as I'd love to keep seeing the boy in small venues here, I want him to be successful, make tons of money, and spread the Mika-joy all over the US.

So i have never heard Mika on the radio here- Michigan- BUT word on the street is...it has been played here!

I played Love Today for a friend who supposedly "hated" Mika because he was a "crappy artist" and so i played LT and she goes "OMG I LOVET THIS SONG!" and i go

"erm...i though you said Mika is a crappy artist" and she goes

"yeah...." and i go "GOOD LORD EM, THIS IS MIKA!!!!!" and she goes

"NOOOOO way!" and i convinced her it was Mika and she told me she's hear it on the radio- i was slightly annoyed that she's heard i on the radio and i haven't, ah well, at elast it got her hooked, she likes Mika now:roftl: :wub2:

I wonder if each of us calls in and requests Mika everyday around the country- would they start to play it more?

I didn't know you lived in Michigan? Cool! I was born in Wisconsin and lived there most of my life. I'd go to MI all the time, both the upper and lower parts. Most of my family is there.

oh cool! next time your in the lower part give me a call! I live a few minutes away from the capital:wink2:

i don't know of any other MFCers from michigan

i'm all aloooone, with no one here besiiiiiiiiide me...doo doo doo doo

well, except for my sister.....pshhh....but she doesn't count lol.

I don't know when I'll get back. I'd love to, but now we're in CA, so visiting is not as easy. But if we do...I will! :wink2:

oh lucky. I bet its warm there... And not so boring... I want to go to L.A.

wish i could have gone to the concert there.....grr, ah well.:boxed: