Cover Song Fantasies

Scut Monkey

I love the Mika low range ballads like Everybody's Talkin and his mellow version of Relax, that was awesome.

I would LOVE to hear Mika cover Let it Be

Don't get me started on the acoustic version of Relax, I can go on for for ages. That is the one song I would want to hear live above any other. It's indescribably brilliant, I can't even pinpoint what it is about it that is so amazing but the sum of its parts is incredible. :biggrin2: But I don't think he'll ever do it, let alone at an Aussie show. :tears:

yey!!! great thread!!! Hopefully he'll read this and value our opinions:naughty:

The fans know Mika, the fans know:wink2:

LOL. Mika: listen and take heed. Of course we know better than you do what music you should play. :mf_rosetinted:

the interesting thing about the covers Mika *has* done is

that they've managed to be songs that I have always really loved

and probably *wouldn't* have selected. Like Sweet Dreams and

Missionary Man -- I was a huge Eurythmics/Annie Lennox fan but I

don't think I would have chosen those songs for him to cover. But

knowing that he seems fond of them, maybe he would do Sisters are

Doin' It for Themselves... that would be fun! Or Walking on Broken Glass...

That's interesting because I've always thought that Eurythmics/Annie Lennox's music would be perfect for him. Don't they have the same vocal range? And used to have the same voice coach? (Or am I remembering incorrectly? :blink:)

The last time a thread like this came around, I said, and I can still imagine it: Michael Jackson's The Way You Make Me Feel. Don't know why, but there's something about it that seems Mika-ish to me...

I agree. That would be really fun, actually. (Minus the delusional fangurls who thing the song is addressed to them. :naughty:)

This one comment made me think of the old James song, Laid.

I actually can imagine Mika covering that!

I've never heard of it. *goes to look it up*

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me started on the acoustic version of Relax, I can go on for for ages. That is the one song I would want to hear live above any other. It's indescribably brilliant, I can't even pinpoint what it is about it that is so amazing but the sum of its parts is incredible. :biggrin2: But I don't think he'll ever do it, let alone at an Aussie show. :tears:

I agree -- the CD version of Relax is not my favorite song, but Live, I

love it -- to hear the acoustic version live? Wow. Would be amazing.

That's interesting because I've always thought that Eurythmics/Annie Lennox's music would be perfect for him. Don't they have the same vocal range? And used to have the same voice coach? (Or am I remembering incorrectly? :blink:)

Yep, you're right. But I just never made the connection, until the first

time I heard of him doing Sweet Dreams... :doh:

I agree. That would be really fun, actually. (Minus the delusional fangurls who thing the song is addressed to them. :naughty:)

Of course. I should have put that caveat in there!

I've never heard of it. *goes to look it up*

Did you find it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nFVFP911vNk

dcdeb

hmmm, interesting thread...

"I Wanna Be Your Lover" by Prince

"It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over" by Lenny Kravitz

"Drive My Car" or "Because" by the Beatles

"Love Stinks" by The J. Geils Band *suggests somewhat jokingly*

um....

"Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode

"I Want Your Sex" by George Michael

"Magic Carpet Ride" Steppenwolf

"You" by Fisher (very beautiful, acoustic on piano).... people would be bawling on the floor by the end of the song, and its not hard to sing.

um, that was just off the top of my head...

EDIT:

Oh and "Straight Lines" by Silverchair

Hehehe...I'm a hopeless Depeche Mode fan and "Enjoy the Silence" is my favorite song of theirs, however, it's not the one I would like to hear Mika cover. I think the song "Just can't get Enough" would sound great performed by Mika. It sounds great live in concert, but with Mika's special touch, I think it would sound awesome. Besides, even people who don't like DM know this song and anyone can participate in it, it's not hard:

"I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough..."

Oh, and I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but during the Montreal show last January, he covered part (not all ) of Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back", my friend went wild when she heard it...

America- Simon and Garfunkel

Tiny Dancer- Elton John

Mrs. Robinson- Simon and Garfunkel

Hey Jude- Beatles

Something- Beatles

Here Comes The Sun- Beatles (finnish it please!)

The Stranger- Billy Joel

Come What May- Ewan!

Daydream Believer- Monkees

Love and Memories- O.A.R.

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic- The Police

i'm sure i'll think of more...

Awesome song, awesome video. I love it. :roftl:

Oh, and I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but during the Montreal show last January, he covered part (not all ) of Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back", my friend went wild when she heard it...

Wasn't it Saranayde who performed Sexy Back as the intro for their duet on When Doves Cry?

I was flicking through music channells last night and I watched "I like the way you move" by Bodyrockers, and thought, that would be so cool covered by Mika!:bleh: It would suit his whole flirty side, that or I'm too sexy for my shirt (although that would be a bit too novelty:naughty:)

Here's the song in case people don't know what I'm talking about:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8imenLWsg

:lmao: it would definitly suit Mika in my opinion, I'd say he'd have a lot of fun with it:bleh: :naughty:

I love how Mika seems quite versatile, I think he could pull off a lot of stuff

I was flicking through music channells last night and I watched "I like the way you move" by Bodyrockers, and thought, that would be so cool covered by Mika! It would suit his whole flirty side

Here's the song in case people don't know what I'm talking about:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8imenLWsg

:lmao: it would definitly suit Mika in my opinion, I'd say he'd have a lot of fun with it:bleh: :naughty:

I love how Mika seems quite versatile, I think he could pull off a lot of stuff

I wouldn't have thought of it but now that you've mentioned it I can actually imagine it. Oh, how fun would that be live? :punk:

(And yay for more Aussie artists. :naughty:)

I wouldn't have thought of it but now that you've mentioned it I can actually imagine it. Oh, how fun would that be live? :punk:

(And yay for more Aussie artists. :naughty:)

cool I didn't know Bodyrockers were Australian, cool:punk: I've always loved that song, and if Mika sang it I'd love it even more:blush-anim-cl:

Wow we seem to be favouring aussie artists and beatles :naughty:

I think Hey prudence would be awesome.... Hey Jude could work. I would love strawberry fields forever.

Hmmm..... as for other covers *thinks*

I'm having trouble of thinking of songs right now....

How about a cover of a BWO-song?

:naughty: maybe, sure "Why Not?!" :bleh:

honestly, I think if he can cover just about anything if he did Shakira's hips don't lie:lmao:

I hope he never gets stuck in one genre forevever, I love that he's in pop, because pop can be anything you want it to be really, so he has a lot of freedom!

:yay: for Mika!

Yes, I would love to hear how he would interpret Strawberry Fields forever! That would be really interesting. :biggrin2:

Songs such as Revolution, or I am the Walrus by them could turn out really interesting as well.

And him covering kylie could be entertaining to say the least :mf_rosetinted:

Songs such as Revolution, or I am the Walrus by them could turn out really interesting as well.

And him covering kylie could be entertaining to say the least :mf_rosetinted:

covering Kylie?! :naughty: I never thought of that:bleh:

He should cover a Michael Jackson song....:wub2: I'd love if he did Dirty Diana!