Second Album Predictions

Fmbm

This thread is for people to discuss what they think the second album will be like. (sorry if something like this exists already)

I'll start:

1. More DaWack artwork

2. Less falsetto (I think he's realized how difficult and strenuous it is to sing that high every night)

3. Amazingness

your turn :biggrin2:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nice thread :naughty:

I like all yourses predicitons yes

1. More slow songs :wub2:

2. falsetto and deeper voice too mixed in different songs

3. Experimenting with more instruments

4. Obviously more DaWack

5. I'm wondering if he'll continue with the same world and characters or start over... Maybe he'll have hints of lolly and billy in there :naughty:

6. Probably no Freddie Mercury/GK/famous people references because he probably doesn't want to be bombarded with more "Are you obsessed?" and "Why so-and-so?" questions.

7. Indubitably incredible masterpiece might be one of em.

:bleh: These are my hypothesis

he should have a follow-up song to "billy brown" maybe from mrs. browns perspective....??

Oh that would be pretty interesting :naughty: haha

Hmm what about predictions for the gigs? :shocked::yay:

Keep the Lollipop Animal Dance?

Which songs shall he keep in from LICM?

I wonder how long it'll be... (hopefully 6.3 days :naughty:)

What about the look? Perez said he cut his hair. :shocked: ahhh so many possibilites!!!

What about the look? Perez said he cut his hair. :shocked: ahhh so many possibilites!!!

i think he'll keep the lollipop girls, but i think his show will get EVEN MORE theatrical! hopefully audience participation!

is 6.3 days the lenth of the album?! that would be madness! :naughty: i have 8.6 hours of mika on my iTunes.

i think mika just shortened his hair a little, nothing crazy.

he should have a follow-up song to "billy brown" maybe from mrs. browns perspective....??

No offense, I think that sounds a little cheesy.:bleh:

I'd like to think he'll keep the Lollipop finale and make it a trademark finale, like Queen did after making We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions.

Hmm..I think he'll keep Love Today, Lollipop, possibly Grace Kelly and Relax, and Stuck In the Middle.

I sure hope it'll be longer.:naughty:

No offense, I think that sounds a little cheesy.:bleh:

I'd like to think he'll keep the Lollipop finale and make it a trademark finale, like Queen did after making We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions.

Hmm..I think he'll keep Love Today, Lollipop, possibly Grace Kelly and Relax, and Stuck In the Middle.

I sure hope it'll be longer.:naughty:

Okay, so i might as well share the reason why i think he might keep lollipop. I was talking to somebody at the gig, and she said that they intended on keeping the same lollipop girls for the same area. But since that was his last show for that album, i don't see why she would say that if he didn't intend on keeping lollipop. We can never be sure though...:mf_rosetinted::wink2::biggrin2:

Didn't he say that the second album will be "darker"? (Or am I misquoting?) Either way I think he'll try to be "darker" and more "serious" lyrically (as this is no longer a "growing up" stage) but I think his music is going to be even more shrilly hyperactive. If How Much Do You Love Me is any indication he's going to have more poppy love songs (which to be honest weren't my most favourite on LICM). I just hope there won't be variations on the themes of "Erase" and "My Interpretation" (*shudder*). I was hoping that he'd be more creative and cut out annoying filler phrases like "doom da da di da di doom" etc but since HMDYLM is full of "too too too too toooo" I doubt he will. I wish he'd do more classical songs like the Relax acoustic (incredible! breath-taking!), Over My Shoulder (stunning!) and Any Other World (beautiful!) but I don't know if he'll do that either as they're not easily sell-able. I would love to see more honky-tonk piano in the vein of Billy Brown and Stuck In The Middle, he does those kind of songs really well and they're fun to perform live - if he does one I'd also like to see it released as a single this time. I want to see more controversial lyrics too, it's always fun to sh!t-stir (but he might do well to cut the "I'm so brave to play this song even though the music industry doesn't want me to" speeches when performing live). Maybe even some more dance music, Relax worked perfectly and he did Candi Staton's You Got The Love brilliantly too - I think it could really work.

EDIT: How could I forget the return of Raffa? She's the Aussies' hero. :punk:

Come on, they're meaningless filler phrases, nothing that a truly creative songwriter would be proud of. You wouldn't catch Rufus Wainwright dead with a line like that in one of his songs.

I love them :tears:

I love them :tears:

Poor Mika, he's probably cutting himself while reading this :no:

Damn, you're fast, you quoted me before I even changed my wording.

If Mika truly likes meaningless uncreative repetitive filler lines then I'm sure that he wouldn't give a toss what I or anyone else thinks.

Damn, you're fast, you quoted me before I even changed my wording.

If Mika truly likes meaningless uncreative repetitive filler lines then I'm sure that he wouldn't give a toss what I or anyone else thinks.

Let's hope so :naughty:

(You're just slow :wink2:)

Come on, they're meaningless filler phrases that lack any form of creativity. You wouldn't catch Rufus Wainwright dead with a line like that in one of his songs.

You also wouldn't catch Rufus Wainwright in a chicken suit fondling an inflatable Big Girl's inflatable boobies. :naughty:

I'm a fan of the filler. It works well, IMHO, in HMDYLM and Love Today.

Honestly, though, I don't know what to expect. I can't imagine that he'll scrap the artsy covers and settle for a mugshot behind the album title - so I'm thinking we'll still have some art. Although I'm envisioning more inanimate objects, not characters.

I don't think we'll see anything Erase-like; it was too processed, too mainstream. Hopefully he'll have another song like Love Today - where the studio album, the acoustic version and the live version are basically three different songs.

I'm also thinking more intricate piano melodies. I'm seeing 14 tracks. And I'm seeing a release date that's a little more than a year from today, but with a lead single released around October or November.