Second Album Predictions

Fmbm

Lollipop is an odd one isn't it. Every fibre of my being screams that I should hate it. But I really like it, and the main reason I like it is the musical/vocal arrangement is very quirky..for me, it just works, and I see flashes of Mika's genius in that, to make something work which on paper shouldn't. BUT I can totally understand why you and others might dislike it.

I've always loved "Lollipop". And if you haven't listened to that song with the bass turned up, I highly recommend it. It sounds so funky and different with the vocals turned down a bit and the bass lines blaring out of the speakers. So amazingly cool. :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! I love those songs live--the piano is SO friggin' amazing!! If there aren't any funky, rockin' piano songs like that on the next album, I'll cry.

You'll cry... and I'll write impotent acerbic criticisms that he'll never read. :naughty:

I love those so-called "filler" phrases. They're so much fun to sing live, and really get the audience participation going. Especially at the end of "SITM" live. That was so much fun singing "filler" phrases back and forth with Mika.

Ah, but I didn't mind the SITM ones so much, they were traditional jazz fillers and while they're also a creative cop-out they at least sound good.

I don't think he'll write songs that are too "commercial" or about boring topics. He's more creative than that.

*coughErasecough*

I've always loved "Lollipop". And if you haven't listened to that song with the bass turned up, I highly recommend it. It sounds so funky and different with the vocals turned down a bit and the bass lines blaring out of the speakers. So amazingly cool. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm trying it now. Arguably the bass line sounds better that way but it doesn't eliminate the clappy nursery-rhyme element of it which is probably what irks me most. I'd rather just listen to the live version of it: more prominent drums (go Cherrise :punk:) and less backing vocal fluff (and less censorship too :bleh:).

I think he'll try a lot of new things, he seems very versatile, and I love that!!:D

yeah more dawack artwork would be nice again, or something like dawack with a twist?!mmh, I dunno.

something unexpected and new!

He's Mika, he won't let us down....I think because no matter what he comes up with, we'll probably like it:naughty:

Oh that would be pretty interesting :naughty: haha

Hmm what about predictions for the gigs? :shocked::yay:

Keep the Lollipop Animal Dance?

Which songs shall he keep in from LICM?

I wonder how long it'll be... (hopefully 6.3 days :naughty:)

What about the look? Perez said he cut his hair. :shocked: ahhh so many possibilites!!!

He did say his concerts were going to get bigger, and his album is going to be brilliant.

He did say his concerts were going to get bigger, and his album is going to be brilliant.

Arrogant? Who?:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

So I wasn't delusional after all, he did indeed say it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp5qPGCDuZo from 3:14

"It's a little bit angrier. I know, isn't that weird? Shouldn't be happier?"

He also said that in a few other interviews.

I don't get exactly what he meant with that, I mean, Grace Kelly and Ring Ring were quite angry too. If they're like that, it's good, as long as he won't go heavy metal or hiphop...:naughty:

I never cease to be amazed how one person's favourite track from LICM is the least favourite of others. I think we can count on Mika to come up with another mixed selection, but I'd like to see him pay more attention to the flow of the album. I know on my MP3 player I rearranged the order of the tracks.

I hardly ever play Big Girl or Billy Brown, don't much like SITM (don't like scat), but would like more in the vein of Relax, Ring Ring, Happy Ending or Any Other World. To be honest I prefer the stripped down demo versions of the songs we dare not name, just Mika and piano is fine for me. If some of those found their way onto the next album (properly recorded) I would be in heaven.

I think that one's a given. Especially since creating visual art is supposedly a part of his musical creative pathway. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they'll think up for the next one. :thumb_yello:

His family also needs employment anyway. :fisch:

Yeah, I couldn't imagine not using any of the artsy stuff. I'm very excited to see what they'll come up with :biggrin2:

I never cease to be amazed how one person's favourite track from LICM is the least favourite of others. I think we can count on Mika to come up with another mixed selection, but I'd like to see him pay more attention to the flow of the album. I know on my MP3 player I rearranged the order of the tracks.

I hardly ever play Big Girl or Billy Brown, don't much like SITM (don't like scat), but would like more in the vein of Relax, Ring Ring, Happy Ending or Any Other World. To be honest I prefer the stripped down demo versions of the songs we dare not name, just Mika and piano is fine for me. If some of those found their way onto the next album (properly recorded) I would be in heaven.

I second last part of your post. I simply adore the acoustic version of songs or even some ehm.. recordings which include just mika his piano. one of my dreams is an all acoustic gig (you, lucky things in salt lake city!!! :sneaky2: ).

i have, like all of us, expectations and ideas about the album to come and I just hope some of the above mentioned (type of) songs are included in it. that'd be bloody brilliant!

but I also adore how much do you love me, so it's not just the acoustic side of mika sound I'm looking forward to :thumb_yello:

that would be even worse. he should release some of those demos as a compilation with the new album...there's no reason why amazing songs should go to waste.

Haha, although the demos are supposed to be fresh and new. Mika doesn't really want us listening to them now. So if he puts them on the new album and we complain, he'll just say we weren't supposed to have heard them anyway. :wink2:

With that said, there are a couple of demos I would LOVE (and hope) to hear completed and recorded. He should just write and record lots of other songs, too. I'm thinking a two-disc second album would be great. :thumb_yello::naughty:

i really hope he does less falsetto. not because i dont like it, but because he has such an amazing voice but people dont get past the falsetto. and because its so hard to sing falsetto every night.

i also hope to see tonnnss of new art and creative characters based on people he's met. He should write a song about mfc lol. that'd be cool. :naughty:

I've been listening to the demos a lot, after I got a bit too saturated with LiCM. Put all together, plus some of his covers and b-sides, they make not a bad album. :naughty:

Anyway, I expect more character-driven songs in the vein of Holy Johnny: stories about other people. And I expect the stories to be dark, but the music to remain exuberantly poppy.

--Jack

starting alphabetically:

first off, i'd like to thank my secret lover Alex. you're the best! :wub2:

he'll even use the smilies.

There's got to be SOMEONE on the forum who's name comes before yours.:naughty:

How do you know MY name is really Sarie? HMM?

Sure, everyone sends cards to me at that name, and my birthday cake reads "Happy Birthday, Sarie!", and my magazine subscriptions come to Sarie H****, but how can you be SURE?