Second Album Predictions

Fmbm

It's so true. The second album will truly establish his career--and staying power, but it'll also establish his fan base. The lesser fans who were only in it for one or two singles may drop away, leaving...well, probably us. :naughty: Every album he releases will bring in new fans, but the album will determine the numbers.

Still, this next one is the make or break it with his career, and his fanbase. You could argue that second albums are the most important, I think.

which is why i'm glad he's taking his time to make sure its good and not caving into the record companies wants. (even though i would like it sooner.... delayed gratification....x10:thumb_yello: )

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only people who will forget him are the people who are not really fans, they just like one or two songs and don't realise that he's a genius!

So I think it will be a real test to who is a real fan pf his music and who isn't...

I'm sure most of the MFC will stay by him and love him as always though.

i'm just thinking realistically he's not invincible and he will get praised/slated for his work and the MFC alone is not enough for him to succeed unfortunately

the MFC will still support him (i suppose), but what about the "not diehard Mika-fans" who bought LICM only because of "Grace Kelly" or "Relax"? i wish him all the best and i am very...nervous!

yeah, I know what you mean, and I've a feeling there are a lot of people out there who only liked a single or 2, so got the album...

but in a way it might be a good thing, because the MFC might be more like a little exclusive club for his diehard fans

The MFC is only 10,000 fans out of the 5 million people that bought his album world-wide. We most certainly don't have an impact on the success of his album.

i hope he knows what he is doing!

but by the way: i think it's rare to release six singles out of one (!) album and be in the charts with each one.

It depends on the region: some places only had 3 or 4 singles released, such as Australia.

Seriously, as long as there's a harpsichord, I'm pleased.

Something like Blood Roses by Tori Amos?

maybe one day he will write his opera or musical! I want to be in chorus.

if MIKA would do an opera or musical..what do you think it might be?

***something like TOmmy would be cool......but of course something entirely different*****

Rufus Wainwright is writing an Opera. :wub2:

But I had the feeling that Mika wanted to move away from his classical past?

He could scream and have more guitars. :P

But then he'd be Linkin Park and not Mika.

The MFC is only 10,000 fans out of the 5 million people that bought his album world-wide. We most certainly don't have an impact on the success of his album.

It depends how many copies of the new album we each decide to buy...:fisch:

:mf_rosetinted:

but just the case he would release "HMDYLM"...what do you think? would people buy it?

It depends !

But anyway I'm curious how the album version will sound like cause we only heard it live right ?

I won't make predictions of what Mika's second album will be like other than to say I am SURE it will be Original, Great & WE ALL will LOVE it!!

Mika is so creative musically & artistically that I think it will be as original & even a Bigger Hit than LICM!!

Mika - I hope you are having FUN creating this second endeavour of yours!

I Can't Wait!

I won't make predictions of what Mika's second album will be like other than to say I am SURE it will be Original, Great & WE ALL will LOVE it!!

Mika is so creative musically & artistically that I think it will be as original & even a Bigger Hit than LICM!!

Mika - I hope you are having FUN creating this second endeavour of yours!

I Can't Wait!

Well said, Kodes! :thumb_yello:

Come on, they're meaningless filler phrases that lack any form of creativity. You wouldn't catch Rufus Wainwright dead with a line like that in one of his songs.

Yes, but that's why Rufus isn't Mika! When I first heard Love today, it was the Dum da da da di da di dum, that made me prick up my ears, and whenever I hear it now, it's that first part that really get to me, and i know there's a wonderful song to come after that first few bars.

Of course I do hope he records some more serious songs, and songs where he uses his wonderful lower register. I'd love to see one like that released as a single, to show the world how versatile he is, but I do love the other stuff too, even the Do do do do, bits of HMDYLM. Let's face it, THAT IS MIKA!

Yes, but that's why Rufus isn't Mika! When I first heard Love today, it was the Dum da da da di da di dum, that made me prick up my ears, and whenever I hear it now, it's that first part that really get to me, and i know there's a wonderful song to come after that first few bars.

Of course I do hope he records some more serious songs, and songs where he uses his wonderful lower register. I'd love to see one like that released as a single, to show the world how versatile he is, but I do love the other stuff too, even the Do do do do, bits of HMDYLM. Let's face it, THAT IS MIKA!

yeah!! I'd love to see how versatile he is too! I think that would be the best thing he cold do after LICM. Too try a lot of different things, that way he can't be stereotyped to easy and will have more freedom for other albums.

Most of all he should be himself and so what he wants to do, without trying to please others:wink2:

I had this clear vision today of Mika performing some song off the future album that I'd never heard yet.

On stage was a giant music note, flat on the bottom with some sort of little platform thing on the round bit. Mika hopped on top of it and danced and sang on his music note. So my guess is he's going to dance on a giant music note during his first tour after the new album. :wink2:

I wonder if maybe I should WORK at work instead of having weird little Mika daydreams...

I had this clear vision today of Mika performing some song off the future album that I'd never heard yet.

On stage was a giant music note, flat on the bottom with some sort of little platform thing on the round bit. Mika hopped on top of it and danced and sang on his music note. So my guess is he's going to dance on a giant music note during his first tour after the new album. :wink2:

I wonder if maybe I should WORK at work instead of having weird little Mika daydreams...

That's a.....random vision haha. Are you sure it wasn't a dream? :naughty:

What a nice daydream:wub2:

That would be cool! *imagines*:wub2:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kjU8zYCKies On you tube there was this video of song that they said was "mika's first recorded one for the next album" but it was completley not him.. ^^ its up there

Buttfaces telling us its him :sneaky2:

Are they mad? That doesn't even sound like him:blink:

No. It isn't his voice. You can hear clearly it isn't his voice..

Why do those people actually say it is Mika?:blink:

I guess it's Daniel Powter..that @sshole probably would remark the supposed similarity:thumbdown:

I guess it's Daniel Powter..that @sshole probably would remark the supposed similarity:thumbdown:

I knew it sounded familiar!!

Omg. The only song of him I liked was Bad day. He was kind of an one hit wonder.

I knew it sounded familiar!!

Omg. The only song of him I liked was Bad day. He was kind of an one hit wonder.

I loved mostly of his 2006 album, not only that "great success"

Still waiting for new songs..:boxed: