In an MMMBop - the Hanson thread!

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gosh! i need to get "Middle of nowhere" on my ipod, too!!! but their album "this time around" is also brilliant!

is it? I admit I haven't listened to any of their stuff since the first album.... I'll have to get it.... :wink2:

is it? I admit I haven't listened to any of their stuff since the first album.... I'll have to get it.... :wink2:

i have "Middle of nowhere", "Snowed in", "3 car garage" and "This time around". Priceless pieces!!!:wub2:

i have "Middle of nowhere", "Snowed in", "3 car garage" and "This time around". Priceless pieces!!!:wub2:

cool.....I really have to listen to some of them.... I hope they come to Europe sometime soon, I wana see them live after all this time!!

Gotta add "Underneath" (2004) and "The Walk" (2007). The boys have been busy!

i'm going to listen to them soon! they are really missing in my collection...

cool.....I really have to listen to some of them.... I hope they come to Europe sometime soon, I wana see them live after all this time!!

they were in Vienna and i didn't go!!!:shocked:

i'm going to listen to them soon! they are really missing in my collection...

they were in Vienna and i didn't go!!!:shocked:

noooooooooooooo! They did a small, intimate gig in Dublin about 2 years ago and I wanted to go but I was moving to Spain at the time :thumbdown:

Hopefully they'll return...........

noooooooooooooo! They did a small, intimate gig in Dublin about 2 years ago and I wanted to go but I was moving to Spain at the time :thumbdown:

Hopefully they'll return...........

yeah, a small gig...and i missed it. let's hope they come back! they are amazing songwriters! they are extremely talented and most important: they didn't sell their souls in the end.

yeah, a small gig...and i missed it. let's hope they come back! they are amazing songwriters! they are extremely talented and most important: they didn't sell their souls in the end.

yeah, they seem like really genuine guys. The walk idea has really impressed me, not many artists use their fame so well.

I haven't followed their personal lives at all.... are they all married? I used to looove Zac, he's exactly 6 months younger than me :naughty:

they are married and have children! you can find cute slideshows on youtube!

but i really gotta go now and listen to Hanson!:wub2:

have a good night, dear!

they are married and have children! you can find cute slideshows on youtube!

but i really gotta go now and listen to Hanson!:wub2:

have a good night, dear!

ah cool!!

have a good night....accompanied by the Hansons!! :wink2:

gosh! i need to get "Middle of nowhere" on my ipod, too!!! but their album "this time around" is also brilliant!

Yes it was, and so is Underneath and The Walk. (And everything in between.)

is it? I admit I haven't listened to any of their stuff since the first album.... I'll have to get it....

Have a listen! You can also go on iTunes and download their "The Walk Podcast" that shows them on various "walks" they did last year, and also their documentary called Strong Enough To Break. Their doc is all about how their record company didn't like any of their songs because they weren't "commercial" enough (think of Mika and "Grace Kelly") so after months of blood, sweat, and tears, they broke away from their record label, started their own, and now do everything themselves. They're friggin' amazing. They also toured universities across the country in 2005, showing the documentary in film and music classes, and some professors made it part of the cirriculum. I went to one of the viewings/Q&As, and they even came to my university unannounced! I practically had a heart attack when my friend told me Hanson was performing in the same building I was in in 10 minutes. Needless to say, I skipped class that afternoon. It was unreal. I mean seriously, imagine someone telling you that Mika's performing in the same building you're in in 10 minutes, and you had no effin clue. I almost wet myself.

Hanson at my university:

MSU_11-8-05_0.jpg

And Hanson doing their Q&A after we viewed their documentary. (And yes...I do realize there are two pics of just Taylor...:blush-anim-cl: )

PB090056_small.jpg

PB090069_small.jpg

PB090074_small.jpg

PB090079_small.jpg

yeah, they seem like really genuine guys. The walk idea has really impressed me, not many artists use their fame so well.

*le sigh* I know, aren't they great? :wub2:

yeah, they are good guys. and they have beautiful wives!

Their wives are so awesome. Kate (Zac's wife) sold the merch on the last couple of tours, and she is SO sweet. Love her. They're all amazing. I'm glad they're part of the Hanson clan now. And here's a little video about their families from a People.com segment Hanson did. Cuteness:

I practically had a heart attack when my friend told me Hanson was performing in the same building I was in in 10 minutes. Needless to say, I skipped class that afternoon. It was unreal. I mean seriously, imagine someone telling you that Mika's performing in the same building you're in in 10 minutes, and you had no effin clue. I almost wet myself.

OMG! I'm surprised you didn't have a heart attack. That's freakin' awesome.

Their wives are so awesome. Kate (Zac's wife) sold the merch on the last couple of tours, and she is SO sweet. Love her. They're all amazing. I'm glad they're part of the Hanson clan now. And here's a little video about their families from a People.com segment Hanson did. Cuteness:

I can't be the only one who's noticed that all three of their wives look sort of alike. I guess they share the same taste. :naughty:

And that video...*dies*

Mika, forgive me for cheating on you, but...damn! :mf_lustslow:

I'm really happy I found this thread. Couldn't imagine there were so many Hanson fans here in MFC!:wink2:

Hanson is my favourite band and I love their music just like I love Mika's.:wub2:

I hope they will come back to Brazil soon, so I can watch them live again.:thumb_yello:

I KNEW there would be a Hanson thread on here! You have no idea how obsessed I was...I still LOVE them :) My boyfriend bought me The Walk for my birthday, it's so amazing. I go see them every time they come to Portland (which isn't very often :sneaky2: )

Have a listen! You can also go on iTunes and download their "The Walk Podcast" that shows them on various "walks" they did last year, and also their documentary called Strong Enough To Break. Their doc is all about how their record company didn't like any of their songs because they weren't "commercial" enough (think of Mika and "Grace Kelly") so after months of blood, sweat, and tears, they broke away from their record label, started their own, and now do everything themselves. They're friggin' amazing. They also toured universities across the country in 2005, showing the documentary in film and music classes, and some professors made it part of the cirriculum. I went to one of the viewings/Q&As, and they even came to my university unannounced! I practically had a heart attack when my friend told me Hanson was performing in the same building I was in in 10 minutes. Needless to say, I skipped class that afternoon. It was unreal. I mean seriously, imagine someone telling you that Mika's performing in the same building you're in in 10 minutes, and you had no effin clue. I almost wet myself.

Awwh thanks for all this!!! yaaaaay my Hanson obsession is starting again..... :naughty::thumb_yello:

I'm really happy I found this thread. Couldn't imagine there were so many Hanson fans here in MFC!:wink2:

Hanson is my favourite band and I love their music just like I love Mika's.:wub2:

I hope they will come back to Brazil soon, so I can watch them live again.:thumb_yello:

ola! Brasil....I really wana go there! I'm learning Portuguese :wink2: e quero ir a Braaaaaasiiiiiiiil!!

Well the way I see it, I need something to fill my time during this Mika void - so why not revisit an old love? :wub2:

hahahah I like your plan :naughty:

I can't be the only one who's noticed that all three of their wives look sort of alike. I guess they share the same taste. :naughty:

exactly!

I KNEW there would be a Hanson thread on here! You have no idea how obsessed I was...I still LOVE them :)

they are still fascinating! i love how their voices have changed!:mf_lustslow:

For those who haven't knew anything about them for a long time, check out their official site and myspace. They always put new stuff and a lot of interesting information. They're still wonderful!!!

I couldn't buy my Middle of Nowhere Acoustic yet, but I'm really looking forward for it. The concert was so perfect, and it's onn youtube. ^^