In an MMMBop - the Hanson thread!

lollipop_monkey

ola! Brasil....I really wana go there! I'm learning Portuguese :wink2: e quero ir a Braaaaaasiiiiiiiil!!

Olá!!

I'm glad you want to come to my country. It's quite a beautiful place, lots of different cultures and people!

Hope you're enjoying learning portuguese! It's a difficult and complicated language!

Beijos!

Até logo!

;**

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! I'm surprised you didn't have a heart attack. That's freakin' awesome.

I can't be the only one who's noticed that all three of their wives look sort of alike. I guess they share the same taste. :naughty:

And that video...*dies*

Mika, forgive me for cheating on you, but...damn!

LOL! Yeah, they are amazing. And yes, their wives do look alike. I think (I'm 85% sure about this) that Zac's wife and Taylor's wife were friends way before they even met Hanson.

I'm really happy I found this thread. Couldn't imagine there were so many Hanson fans here in MFC!

Hanson is my favourite band and I love their music just like I love Mika's.

I hope they will come back to Brazil soon, so I can watch them live again.

Awww, yay! They're my favorite band, and Mika's my favorite solo musician.

Awwh thanks for all this!!! yaaaaay my Hanson obsession is starting again..... :naughty::thumb_yello:

Haha, mine is alive and well. Feel free to get obsessed during this Mika drought.

Well the way I see it, I need something to fill my time during this Mika void - so why not revisit an old love? :wub2:

Exactly! :thumb_yello:

Oh I used to love Hanson when I was younger! The middle one was always my favorite. I haven't heard any of their newer stuff except for Penny and Me, though.

Have a listen to the new stuff! I was listening in the car on the way to work this morning, and it's just amazing.

For those who haven't knew anything about them for a long time, check out their official site and myspace. They always put new stuff and a lot of interesting information. They're still wonderful!!!

I couldn't buy my Middle of Nowhere Acoustic yet, but I'm really looking forward for it. The concert was so perfect, and it's onn youtube. ^^

Middle of Nowhere Acoustic is actually the one Hanson thing I haven't seen yet. *gasp* I really need to get my hands on a copy...and go to YouTube until then. :wub2:

I know I'm not the only Hanson fan up in these parts! So - anyone else lovin' the three blonde boys from Tulsa?

Hanson.512.jpg

HANSON!!!

Ike looks absolutely delicious!

I loooove them!

Well their old stuff anyway, I haven't heard any of their new songs..

MMMMMMbop!

Listen it it! It's all great!

To those who haven't followed Hanson since their MMMBop days - check this out. This video is already five years old, but I can't get enough of it:

Wow... I love Crazy Beautiful! One of my fave songs off Underneath!

AAAH a Hanson thread! Oh my Hanson men, I love you!!!

2003_10-14_Hanson_small.jpg

Mana, that's the first non-Mika video I've added to my YouTube Favorites. Thank you!!! 2003 was such a great Hanson year. Awesome tour, and also the year I first met them. (See above picture.)

I'm seeing them in concert on April 19th, and I'm SO excited!

OMG...

I'm so jealous! I've never had the chance to see them!

The first time they came, I was 13 and living 5 hours away from Sydney... and there would be no way my parents would take me to Syd to see Hanson... the second time I was at uni and was broke... :tears:

this has always been my fav Hanson-song:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=N__-7kAw_mA

I love that film clip!

Haha, who wasn't obsessed with Taylor? Although back in 1997, I was a Zac fan.

Me for starters... I always was (and still am) am Ike fan... I reckon he's gotten hotter as he's gotten older...

Haha, and Hanson's worked with Greg Wells. Should I ask them if they know Mika?

Ask them! Would be cool if they did!

That was one of the things I noticed when I read the LICM booklet... that and Jerry used to manage Savage Garden...

Come back and report for us in this thread.

It's been almost eleven years since MMMBop first hit the airwaves, and I've still never seen them live. Actually, the fact that I never saw Hanson live is part of how I justified chasing Mika 2,500km up the west coast. :blush-anim-cl:

Neither have I Mana... I feel so deprived...

I used to love these guys!!!!! When I was a little kid, I still think they're good, but I never liked them the same after they didn't reply my fan mail:naughty:

I got a bit sh!tty about that too... they never ansered my letter!

It's also entirely possible that my parents never sent it too..

Haha, if I get a chance to talk to them, I'll ask if they're touring Europe this year. (Although I doubt it. Two of the Hanson wives are expecting.)

Ooooh... any chance you could ask about Australia too?

i would so love to see the video (i think it's "River") based on Titanic, but i can't find it. help!!!

I've never seen it! I must try and find it!

i have "Middle of nowhere", "Snowed in", "3 car garage" and "This time around". Priceless pieces!!!:wub2:

Gotta add "Underneath" (2004) and "The Walk" (2007). The boys have been busy!

Def! Underneath would have to be my favourite!

I haven't followed their personal lives at all.... are they all married? I used to looove Zac, he's exactly 6 months younger than me :naughty:

Hehe... Zac's birthday is one day before mine! He's the 22nd of Oct, I'm the 23rd!

And Ike shares a birthday with my gandfather, and Tay shares a birthday with my friend's baby... and I had two friends who had the same birthday as Zoe Hanson!

For those who haven't knew anything about them for a long time, check out their official site and myspace. They always put new stuff and a lot of interesting information. They're still wonderful!!!

I couldn't buy my Middle of Nowhere Acoustic yet, but I'm really looking forward for it. The concert was so perfect, and it's onn youtube. ^^

I would love to get the acoustic one! I love the acoustic song I have already... I love Hey, Misery and Penny and Me...

Ooooh... any chance you could ask about Australia too?

Hehe... Zac's birthday is one day before mine! He's the 22nd of Oct, I'm the 23rd!

And Ike shares a birthday with my gandfather, and Tay shares a birthday with my friend's baby... and I had two friends who had the same birthday as Zoe Hanson!

Haha, if I get the chance, I'll try to ask about Australia, too.

And two of my closest friends also have their birthdays on October 23rd. It's a popular day to be born!

You have so many Hanson birthday connections. Maybe that means you're meant to meet them someday. :thumb_yello:

do you guys know "Tulsa, Tokyo & the middle of nowhere" or "Road to Albertane"? i still have the video cassettes (no DVDs back in 1997:naughty: ) and i recently watched them after a loooong time. simply hilarious! :thumb_yello:

do you guys know "Tulsa, Tokyo & the middle of nowhere" or "Road to Albertane"? i still have the video cassettes (no DVDs back in 1997:naughty: ) and i recently watched them after a loooong time. simply hilarious! :thumb_yello:

Haha, I've been cleaning my room this weekend, and I just found my old VHS tapes! I have TT&MON, RTA, and two VHS tapes I made of their 1997/98 TV interviews and performances. Those are amazing; there's no way I can throw away those tapes! (Although I should probably try to convert them to DVD while we still have a VHS player!)

Haha, I've been cleaning my room this weekend, and I just found my old VHS tapes! I have TT&MON, RTA, and two VHS tapes I made of their 1997/98 TV interviews and performances. Those are amazing; there's no way I can throw away those tapes! (Although I should probably try to convert them to DVD while we still have a VHS player!)

gosh, that's amazing! i have loads of tapes with stuff i recorded when they were on TV.:wub2: :wub2:

me and my friend Tina were sooo obsessed! we watched the tapes over and over and we tried to do what they do (for example throwing each other over the couch as in TT&MON...) and we recorded at least 100 tapes only talking about Hanson, singing and having a blast.:wub2:

*coughchurchbulletinscough* We still need to have another movie night! you wanted to watch yellow submarine and hanson tapes!

Can I admit that I didn't even have a VCR back in '97 - so I sat in front of the TV watching the Hanson Christmas Special, recording the audio onto a cheesy little audio cassete recorder? :blush-anim-cl:

And now it's on Youtube in all its digital glory:

Haha, if I get the chance, I'll try to ask about Australia, too.

And two of my closest friends also have their birthdays on October 23rd. It's a popular day to be born!

You have so many Hanson birthday connections. Maybe that means you're meant to meet them someday. :thumb_yello:

Oh, that would be sweet! Thanks!

Certainly is... Starrats is born on the 23rd too... we're exactly the same age (though I'd be older cause I was born before she was)...

I hope so... if I do I'd be so shy... I'd prob get my MoN cover signed... the poor cover looks all torn cause I looked at it so much!

I've got TT&MON (I got it for Chrstmas in 1998 I think, with the special tin!)... I don't have RTA, cause I don't ink it was released here and if it was, it was prob only in capital cities...

I love it, I actually transferred it to DVD not long ago, along with my AQUA video...

OG... I had the Oprah interview on tape, then I taped over it with Good News Week (Aussie TV show here)... i wish I still had it...

Oh, they had an Aussie special here around the same time they came here for the promo tour, and I taped it and made my family watch it! They had to sit there and watch Oprah too! :naughty: Payback for having to listen to my brother and sisters sh!t music (ABBA for starters... ewwww!)

OMG!!! I just remembered hearing about how they were on Melrose Place for the Christmas show! We saw it in the middle of 1998 (I think it might've been later than that though)...

I'd convert them as soon as you can... the quality will get worse as the years go on... if you have a DVD recorder with a built in VCR is the easiest way to do it (I love the fact that my parents bought one!)... not sure how you'd do it with separate ones, it shouldn't be too hard...

Can I admit that I didn't even have a VCR back in '97 - so I sat in front of the TV watching the Hanson Christmas Special, recording the audio onto a cheesy little audio cassete recorder? :blush-anim-cl:

And now it's on Youtube in all its digital glory:

Awwwww Mana! That's so cute!

seriously.....these guys are impressing me right now..... they have so many fab songs... Save Me, Been There Before, Two Tears, A Song to Sing, This Time Around.....niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :thumb_yello:

I HAVE to see them live now..

Thanks, thanks to all you mmmboppers...my Hanson obsession has now been re-awakened....LOVE IT!! hahahahaha :thumb_yello::wink2:

Thanks, thanks to all you mmmboppers...my Hanson obsession has now been re-awakened....LOVE IT!! hahahahaha :thumb_yello::wink2:

I have to see them live, too! I vote we all show up at the concert that Satya82 and LadyGodiva are going to this month! :punk:

OMG, Two Tears! I haven't listened to that song in half past forever. *Goes to listen*

I have to see them live, too! I vote we all show up at the concert that Satya82 and LadyGodiva are going to this month! :punk:

OMG, Two Tears! I haven't listened to that song in half past forever. *Goes to listen*

8 days!!!! OMG i haven't seen them since i was something like 7 years old and i've been a fan since 5 years old. i'm sooooo excited:woot_jump:

seriously.....these guys are impressing me right now..... they have so many fab songs... Save Me, Been There Before, Two Tears, A Song to Sing, This Time Around.....niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :thumb_yello:

I love A Song to Sing and This Time Around...

I love most of the songs on Underneath... which reminds me... *searches*

I like it.. I love Sometimes... and Surely as the Sun...

Yeah sure... some of us are on the other side of the world...

But if you crash the party, have fun for me!

*pulls out Snowed In*

Yeah, I know its a Christmas CD.. .but I love it! And it's pretty badly scratched too... damn..

Yeah alright.. so I'm post whoring... but I have to share this... bloody thing took forever and a day to make... but I'm proud of it... even my sister (who isn't a Hanson fan) said it was cool...

underneath-1.gif

I'm sure if you've seen the DVD that came with Underneath you'd recognise it...

And this one, even though it's not great... cause I'm such an Ike fangirl... I can't help it, I love guys who play guitar! :wub2:

isaac.gif

8 days!!!! OMG i haven't seen them since i was something like 7 years old and i've been a fan since 5 years old. i'm sooooo excited:woot_jump:

You last saw them in concert when you were 5. I taught you the words to "MMMBop" when you were 4. :wink2: You were so cute all 4-years old and singing "MMMBop ba duba dop ba..."

Yeah alright.. so I'm post whoring... but I have to share this... bloody thing took forever and a day to make... but I'm proud of it... even my sister (who isn't a Hanson fan) said it was cool...

underneath-1.gif

I'm sure if you've seen the DVD that came with Underneath you'd recognise it...

And this one, even though it's not great... cause I'm such an Ike fangirl... I can't help it, I love guys who play guitar! :wub2:

isaac.gif

Those are SWEET!!! I have no idea how to make those, but they're awesome. :thumb_yello:

:naughty: I'd love to....but it's a bit of a journey for me, lol...sometime, sometime.

Two Tears is gorgeous.....it's especially amazing when u think how young they must've been when they wrote it!!

8 days!!!! OMG i haven't seen them since i was something like 7 years old and i've been a fan since 5 years old. i'm sooooo excited

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ur so lucky!!!!!! :woot_jump: have a fab time!!! :punk:

I love A Song to Sing and This Time Around...

I love most of the songs on Underneath... which reminds me... *searches*

I like it.. I love Sometimes... and Surely as the Sun...

Ah yeah, I also love Sure About It... IMO, the This Time Around album seems to be the best... in terms of having a wide selection of great songs...

*thinks*

Been There Before... never heard it...

It's on The Walk album, it's fab :thumb_yello: (wow, now I'm speaking as if I've been following their career like ye real fans....though I've listened to them sooooooooo many times in the last few days!!)

It's interesting to hear how their voices have matured, especially Zac's, cos he was sooo young at the time of Mmmbop! Zac has always been my fave, but I have to say that Taylor's voice makes me... *sigh* :mf_lustslow:

i think you all will get a laugh out of this if you haven't seen it yet....:naughty::biggrin2:

I've seen this some time ago, it's so cool! *-*

There are a lot of "llama songs" on youtube, but this is the most funny and beautiful, of course... uheuheuheue:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Aaaah. This is actually the first time that I saw them when they are big. I just remember those little cute guys from mmmbop! Awesome song btw.

Hmn, I think I'm going to check their new stuff out! :thumb_yello:

Do!!!! I did, only about a week or two ago, and now I'm addicted! They have some really fab stuff since Middle of Nowhere. :wub2::thumb_yello: