In an MMMBop - the Hanson thread!

lollipop_monkey

Ahem... I have a theory about how similar Mika and Hanson are to each other...

It's here

that's interesting because i've never had an obsession with someone like i have with Mika...except for Hanson back then!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of the same for me... Sort of obsessed with U2 at the moment...

it's good never to lose your passion...for whatever it is! :wub2:

i was watching "Live from Albertane" a few days ago and it made me really happy! still great songs!:thumb_yello:

it's good never to lose your passion...for whatever it is! :wub2:

i was watching "Live from Albertane" a few days ago and it made me really happy! still great songs!:thumb_yello:

I don't have that! They never sold it here!

I have Tulsa, Tokyo and the Middle Of Nowhere... and I got it in the limited edition tin! :biggrin2: I actually recorded it onto a DVD so it wouldn't get wrecked!

I don't have that! They never sold it here!

I have Tulsa, Tokyo and the Middle Of Nowhere... and I got it in the limited edition tin! :biggrin2: I actually recorded it onto a DVD so it wouldn't get wrecked!

TT&MON is fabulous! the guys are so crazy! and sometimes (as on Live from Albertane) you can hear Walker making weird noises while he is filming. :roftl:

Wow maaaan! The Hanson! It brings me back to wow a long time!! Taylor was my loooove!!!!

I didn't know they were still singing though...

Edit: I totally loved their long long hair lool

TT&MON is fabulous! the guys are so crazy! and sometimes (as on Live from Albertane) you can hear Walker making weird noises while he is filming. :roftl:

That's so cool! I must get my hands on it!

Wow maaaan! The Hanson! It brings me back to wow a long time!! Taylor was my loooove!!!!

I didn't know they were still singing though...

Yep, they're on their own label now... released their 4th studio album last year... The Walk... it's great!

Thanks for the info!!:wink2:

Not a prob! Feel free to visit any time!

You know what I just got? I got Rain... Hanson's version... its young Hanson! It's gorgeous!

I would love to get my hands on Boomerang and MMMBop...

You know, the Hanson are great memory, cause they (with the Spice Girls) made me discover non-French bands and made me realise how rotten French bands were loool (I mean, French bands of that time). I can't believe they're still alive! And Taylor is now married and have children??? UNBELIEVABLE!!! How old is he? Not even 30?

You know, the Hanson are great memory, cause they (with the Spice Girls) made me discover non-French bands and made me realise how rotten French bands were loool (I mean, French bands of that time). I can't believe they're still alive! And Taylor is now married and have children??? UNBELIEVABLE!!! How old is he? Not even 30?

They're still going well... they're not too well known in Australia though... they were 10 years ago, but they got forgotten...

He's 25... only a few months older than me! I think he's got 3 kids now...

They're still going well... they're not too well known in Australia though... they were 10 years ago, but they got forgotten...

He's 25... only a few months older than me! I think he's got 3 kids now...

That's crazy!! Well, if it's what he wanted... I mean if he has three kids (it's what I've seen, too), it's that he wanted them:wink2:

Here, nobody speaks about them anymore...

Hanson :wub2:

I used to be a real fan when I was younger. My whole room was covered with posters, pictures and any merchandise I could possibly find. I even met them back in 2000 :naughty: I was very obsessed.

Now it brings back nice memories and I still love their music. Last time I saw them was in 2005 I think.

Zac used to be my favorite :blush-anim-cl:

I have copies of Boomerang & MMMbop, or were you talking about the original versions??

Not a prob! Feel free to visit any time!

You know what I just got? I got Rain... Hanson's version... its young Hanson! It's gorgeous!

I would love to get my hands on Boomerang and MMMBop...

Hanson :wub2:

I used to be a real fan when I was younger. My whole room was covered with posters, pictures and any merchandise I could possibly find. I even met them back in 2000 :naughty: I was very obsessed.

Now it brings back nice memories and I still love their music. Last time I saw them was in 2005 I think.

Zac used to be my favorite :blush-anim-cl:

Isaac was always mine... not to say Zac and Taylor weren't likeable...

I have copies of Boomerang & MMMbop, or were you talking about the original versions??

You have copies of Boomerang and MMMBop??? :jawdrop:

How did you get them? If you don't mind me asking of course...

• 2 weeks later...
Yay!!! You have to go and let us know how it is!!

Heck yes! So excited!

Actually - are you or Lissa Hanson fan club members? There's something about a fan club presale code...:fisch:

This venue is itty, I don't think it even holds 1,000 people. And it's general admission! So. Excited!

Heck yes! So excited!

Actually - are you or Lissa Hanson fan club members? There's something about a fan club presale code...:fisch:

This venue is itty, I don't think it even holds 1,000 people. And it's general admission! So. Excited!

Mana I can't wait!! We are going to have so much fun!!!

Heck yes! So excited!

Hey Mana!!! Yes, I am a Fan Club Member. :wink2: CONGRATS!!! Hanson's finally doing a show near you! Did you hear about the Hanson Tour Bus?

http://www.hanson.net/site/hanson/page/32 (There's a video you can watch of them talking about it.)

Basically, Hanson's rented two buses for fans to use to follow them around on tour for a week. Price includes a seat on one of the buses, hotel fare, a merch package, tickets to four shows they're doing that week, a meet & greet pass (of course you'll end up seeing them a lot more than during a meet & greet when you travel around with them for a week!), AND a MEMBER'S ONLY CONCERT!!

OH MY GOD, I want to do it. But it's the EXACT week I was planning to visit my best friend in Ireland.

Hanson's AMAZING, though. What other artist/band does this for their fans? (Then again, Hanson's had the same hardcore fans for over 10 years. They know the years we've spent on concerts, travel, time, emotional highs and lows, etc.) But seriously they're amazing.

Can you imagine if Mika ever did something like that??? :shocked:

Hanson are coming to Calgary on September 12! :punk:

I must go. I've waited 11 years for this! :groupwave:

:jawdrop:

So excited for you! *is very jealous*

Hey Mana!!! Yes, I am a Fan Club Member. :wink2: CONGRATS!!! Hanson's finally doing a show near you! Did you hear about the Hanson Tour Bus?

http://www.hanson.net/site/hanson/page/32 (There's a video you can watch of them talking about it.)

Basically, Hanson's rented two buses for fans to use to follow them around on tour for a week. Price includes a seat on one of the buses, hotel fare, a merch package, tickets to four shows they're doing that week, a meet & greet pass (of course you'll end up seeing them a lot more than during a meet & greet when you travel around with them for a week!), AND a MEMBER'S ONLY CONCERT!!

OH MY GOD, I want to do it. But it's the EXACT week I was planning to visit my best friend in Ireland.

Hanson's AMAZING, though. What other artist/band does this for their fans? (Then again, Hanson's had the same hardcore fans for over 10 years. They know the years we've spent on concerts, travel, time, emotional highs and lows, etc.) But seriously they're amazing.

Can you imagine if Mika ever did something like that??? :shocked:

That sounds unbelievable!

I could only wish Mika would do that.. then again, I want Mika to at least come down under to do a tour...

*hint hint* Mika, do the Dream Tour the Aussies talked about doing like Hanson is doing for their fans!

Mana, you have to try and do the Tour Bus thing and do a realyl long journal thing for us Hanson fans that are starved for entertainment!

Basically, Hanson's rented two buses for fans to use to follow them around on tour for a week. Price includes a seat on one of the buses, hotel fare, a merch package, tickets to four shows they're doing that week, a meet & greet pass (of course you'll end up seeing them a lot more than during a meet & greet when you travel around with them for a week!), AND a MEMBER'S ONLY CONCERT!!:

That is seriously the most amazing thing I've ever heard. Can you imagine if Mika did that? MFC would crash due to the excitement. That would be so much ridiculous fun. If Mika did that, I'd get my arse on an airplane, even if it was in Australia. :punk:

Mana, you have to try and do the Tour Bus thing and do a realyl long journal thing for us Hanson fans that are starved for entertainment!

Gah that would be awesome! Only they're doing it in the Southern US, not anywhere near me. That and, I used up most of my holiday time this year chasing a certain British pop star 2,400 km up the west coast of North America. :fisch:

That is seriously the most amazing thing I've ever heard. Can you imagine if Mika did that? MFC would crash due to the excitement. That would be so much ridiculous fun. If Mika did that, I'd get my arse on an airplane, even if it was in Australia. :punk:

Gah that would be awesome! Only they're doing it in the Southern US, not anywhere near me. That and, I used up most of my holiday time this year chasing a certain British pop star 2,400 km up the west coast of North America. :fisch:

Oh yeah! :punk:

And we'd happily have you too!

Damn it... is anyone likely to go on this?

I'd go, but it's a wee bit far for me to be travelling half way around the world to see Hanson... as much as I love them...

Oh Mana, I wish you could at least be a Hanson.net reporter for the Calgary show! They choose fans at every show to interview them beforehand! But...I think you have to be a member. Rats. You'd be light years better than most of the reports. :bleh:

Oooh, but go on The Walk before the gig, and take pics, and tell us about that!!! Please say you're going to write up a report for the show!!! You'll have chance to talk to them for sure if you go on The Walk. :thumb_yello:

Oh Mana, I wish you could at least be a Hanson.net reporter for the Calgary show! They choose fans at every show to interview them beforehand! But...I think you have to be a member. Rats. You'd be light years better than most of the reports. :bleh:

Oooh, but go on The Walk before the gig, and take pics, and tell us about that!!! Please say you're going to write up a report for the show!!! You'll have chance to talk to them for sure if you go on The Walk. :thumb_yello:

I'm thinking of becoming a member. I can't get over how well organized the site is! And that bus thing...holy crap. Hanson totally have it together.

You know, I had a dream just a few weeks ago that Hanson played Calgary; only in my dream, they were opening for Mika. I was waiting by the artist's entrance and saw Taylor - and had a conversation with him about Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. :lmfao: