In an MMMBop - the Hanson thread!

lollipop_monkey

all masterpieces and you can recognize his style in the subway part of the videclip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cne6pwjyQVk

Oooh, Pam, that video takes me back. One of my favorite Hanson songs (I actually cried when I first heard them sing this live in concert back in 1998) and the video is amazing. God, I cannot believe it's been 10 years since I first saw them in concert. Whoa.

i was really obsessed with them...:blush-anim-cl:

i played their songs on the keyboard, watched their videos every day...and i was in love with Taylor.:blush-anim-cl:

Haha, who wasn't obsessed with Taylor? Although back in 1997, I was a Zac fan. :wink2:

AHHHHH I'M GOING TO SEE THEM I CONCERT IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS.

I've been a fan since i was 5 years old, thats when my sister taught me the words to mmmBop.

APRIL 19th wooooot

W00T!!! It's going to ROCK. :punk: And we have to get there early enough to walk with them before the show.

cool thanks, I just checked it but it seems they're all US dates.... The Walk thing is pretty impressive, they're good guys!!

Yeah, the walk is amazing. They did this at their shows last year, too. (Which I couldn't go to. It was tragic.) It's supposed to symbolize "walking a mile in someone's shoes" and they walk barefoot because they're raising money and shoes for people in Africa who have none. It's cool, and I'll donate. Plus the people who walk with them before the show get into the venue first. (Of course, that's going to be like, every single fan there.) :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, Pam, that video takes me back. One of my favorite Hanson songs (I actually cried when I first heard them sing this live in concert back in 1998) and the video is amazing. God, I cannot believe it's been 10 years since I first saw them in concert. Whoa.

Haha, who wasn't obsessed with Taylor? Although back in 1997, I was a Zac fan. :wink2:

W00T!!! It's going to ROCK. :punk: And we have to get there early enough to walk with them before the show.

Yeah, the walk is amazing. They did this at their shows last year, too. (Which I couldn't go to. It was tragic.) It's supposed to symbolize "walking a mile in someone's shoes" and they walk barefoot because they're raising money and shoes for people in Africa who have none. It's cool, and I'll donate. Plus the people who walk with them before the show get into the venue first. (Of course, that's going to be like, every single fan there.) :mf_rosetinted:

wait wait wait you mean you are going to walk with them?? i didnt no about the walk, i'm not surprised anyway those boys look totally good and simple, i love the way they dont always brush their hair, the way they dress, just a tshirt and a dirty jean, half countryboy, half boho... in one word they are : cool, it's seem to be totally nice to hang around....but why cant i see a single boy in the audience???(just watch some vids) ??? i mean they have good music, good lyrics, tay has a great voice, so why??? i'm in europe and honestly the videos i saw scared me with all the girls only...i dont understand.

and btw do they all write the lyrics or is it tay and ike?

weird is genius directed by gus van sant and stories is kind of cool, the parody of titanic, with the old lady and her pics,lol

oh and yes i totally agree tay used to be a headturner (that's how it's said right?) i like the groove this boy has in his voice

I was holding on, now I'm letting go

This is nothing more than a picture show

Everything I knew now I hardly know

Busy keeping less never getting more

One more nickel dime I'm out the door

Birds in the trees just make me depressed

See sunny skies, feel emptiness

Layers of lies just seem to fold

This kind of life is all I know

wait wait wait you mean you are going to walk with them?? i didnt no about the walk, i'm not surprised anyway those boys look totally good and simple

and btw do they all write the lyrics or is it tay and ike?

Yeah, here's an example of one of their walks:

A few hours before every show, they organize the fans and walk a mile barefoot to raise awareness for poverty in Africa. They also work with TOMS shoes, and for every pair you buy at a concert, they donate a pair to someone in Africa with no shoes. And Hanson just walks right along with the fans. :shocked: I'm SO excited.

I love them. :mf_lustslow: (Oh and Pam, they all write the lyrics to every song.)

Haha, and Hanson's worked with Greg Wells. Should I ask them if they know Mika? :naughty:

A few hours before every show, they organize the fans and walk a mile barefoot to raise awareness for poverty in Africa. They also work with TOMS shoes, and for every pair you buy at a concert, they donate a pair to someone in Africa with no shoes. And Hanson just walks right along with the fans. :shocked: I'm SO excited.

I love them. :mf_lustslow: (Oh and Pam, they all write the lyrics to every song.)

Haha, and Hanson's worked with Greg Wells. Should I ask them if they know Mika? :naughty:

wow!!!! they are so so good, wow your so so SO lucky, i'll get a visa tomorrow and take the plain,wait for me!! **** i hate to fly, please satya can you beg them to walk through the sea barefoot (i'm pretty sure they can walk on water) to europe, please!!! i'd love to sit around a fire with all the fans and stuff and have them playing guitar, drinking some booze and smoke (since they smoke too,lol, still cant believe it btw,lol)

hey i didnt no about greg wells lmao, but to be honest if i was walking barefoot by their side, honestly i think it wouldnt even cross my mind to ask about mika (bad bad fan i am!!!,lol) i would just walk in peace and enjoy this moment of bliss....

that's so symbolic, really, they are givers, kindness and generousity are freaking sexy

some of the lyrics are great, i wonder who writes the most, oh and avoid zac during the walk he will just annoy you,lol

wow ! it's crazy just about a month ago, in band, each section has to pick a song to play at our concert, and being in charge of the flute section i got to pick and i picked...well MMMbop of course! i don't think 30 flutes playing it sounds the same as hanson, but hey it was fun!

wow ! it's crazy just about a month ago, in band, each section has to pick a song to play at our concert, and being in charge of the flute section i got to pick and i picked...well MMMbop of course! i don't think 30 flutes playing it sounds the same as hanson, but hey it was fun!

OO! for our school marching band, we play mmmbop as one of the stand tunes! its freakin awesome!

OO! for our school marching band, we play mmmbop as one of the stand tunes! its freakin awesome!

:shocked: that would be...FREAKIN AMAZING! now i havta tell my band director we havta do that for our marching stands tunes...i don't think he's decided yet. it might not work though cuz we already did it for one concert. that is so cool though

:shocked: that would be...FREAKIN AMAZING! now i havta tell my band director we havta do that for our marching stands tunes...i don't think he's decided yet. it might not work though cuz we already did it for one concert. that is so cool though

We do some other great ones too that you can mention

mmmbop

Don't Stop Believin'

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

Hey Baby (of course lol)

and some others i can't think of now. They all sound awesome!

We do some other great ones too that you can mention

mmmbop

Don't Stop Believin'

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

Hey Baby (of course lol)

and some others i can't think of now. They all sound awesome!

man, we've had most of the same ones for sooo long, like *whips out flip folder* basket case, and respect. the final countdown,(which is fun at near the end of the game) macho man,joy to the world, and jump in the line from beatlejuice! they get pretty boring after awhile,i love the song 'don't stop believin' !

man, we've had most of the same ones for sooo long, like *whips out flip folder* basket case, and respect. the final countdown,(which is fun at near the end of the game) macho man,joy to the world, and jump in the line from beatlejuice! they get pretty boring after awhile,i love the song 'don't stop believin' !

yeah! we do girlfriend by avril too. and that one banamanont do doooo do do do banamanont do dooo do do banamanon do dooo do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do . hahaha, you get a cookie if you actually have a clue of what i'm talking about there ^ lol

Awesome songs! woot woot for bandos lol what do you play?

yeah! we do girlfriend by avril too. and that one banamanont do doooo do do do banamanont do dooo do do banamanon do dooo do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do . hahaha, you get a cookie if you actually have a clue of what i'm talking about there ^ lol

Awesome songs! woot woot for bandos lol what do you play?

woot woot right back lol:punk: i play flute in concert season and piccolo in marching, i also play piano and i really really wanta learn cello, but i'm still tryin to convince my parents to pay for it:harp: :naughty: i've also want to learn harp, but way too expensive. o guess what! a couple weeks ago the army band preformed at our school and they wanted 12 players to play a song with them onstage. and i got to do it!! they're so amazing and the concert was free so if they ever come near you DEF go. band nerds totally rockin'!

woot woot right back lol:punk: i play flute in concert season and piccolo in marching, i also play piano and i really really wanta learn cello, but i'm still tryin to convince my parents to pay for it:harp: :naughty: i've also want to learn harp, but way too expensive. o guess what! a couple weeks ago the army band preformed at our school and they wanted 12 players to play a song with them onstage. and i got to do it!! they're so amazing and the concert was free so if they ever come near you DEF go. band nerds totally rockin'!

CRAZY SWEET! nice! I'm colorguard during marching season, but we're actually pretty good, usually together, but we practice hard core. about as much as drumline i think. it gets hot and sweaty, but i made a routine to love today that i will record when i have my flags and the weathers better! I play clarinet during concert season, i don't particularly love it, but i guess i'm pretty good, so i keep playing it lol. I really just love the music and being a part of that:)

CRAZY SWEET! nice! I'm colorguard during marching season, but we're actually pretty good, usually together, but we practice hard core. about as much as drumline i think. it gets hot and sweaty, but i made a routine to love today that i will record when i have my flags and the weathers better! I play clarinet during concert season, i don't particularly love it, but i guess i'm pretty good, so i keep playing it lol. I really just love the music and being a part of that:)

wow that sounds so cool, love today is perfect! i totally feel ya on the hot and sweaty! especially in florida...in july...all day...in 100+ degrees. bleh, i would love to say, i guess you get used to it, but you don't! lol. colorguard is so cool, i thought about it a little while ago, but too much band stuff, it takes over your life!lol

wow that sounds so cool, love today is perfect! i totally feel ya on the hot and sweaty! especially in florida...in july...all day...in 100+ degrees. bleh, i would love to say, i guess you get used to it, but you don't! lol. colorguard is so cool, i thought about it a little while ago, but too much band stuff, it takes over your life!lol

Florida! OI that has GOT to be hot, i'm in Michigan, and while it gets into the 100's sometimes, it varies more. It is cool, but it does take over my life a bit sometimes, all the practices, games, auditions events AHHH! but its all good, and i do love colorguard, we have better uniforms than the rest of hte band, and better shoes lol. we're all sequence lol you can kinda see here but its blurry http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/LadyMadonna922/DSC00490.jpg

anyways, i gotta sleep for a bit haha, g'night!

AHHHHH I'M GOING TO SEE THEM I CONCERT IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS.

Come back and report for us in this thread. :wub2:

It's been almost eleven years since MMMBop first hit the airwaves, and I've still never seen them live. Actually, the fact that I never saw Hanson live is part of how I justified chasing Mika 2,500km up the west coast. :blush-anim-cl:

Gig report from you too, kay? :punk:

A few hours before every show, they organize the fans and walk a mile barefoot to raise awareness for poverty in Africa.

Aw, that's awesome! :tears:

They really are good guys. To hell with the haterzz. :lightsabre:

Come back and report for us in this thread. :wub2:

It's been almost eleven years since MMMBop first hit the airwaves, and I've still never seen them live. Actually, the fact that I never saw Hanson live is part of how I justified chasing Mika 2,500km up the west coast. :blush-anim-cl:

Gig report from you too, kay? :punk:

Aw, that's awesome! :tears:

Of course! I'm really excited! i'll be sure to report for you all:wink2: and i'm sure Lissa will too!

I used to love these guys!!!!! When I was a little kid, I still think they're good, but I never liked them the same after they didn't reply my fan mail:naughty: I was just like;

I love you guys!!! I'm your biggest fan!!!! We even have the same last name so we can get married!!!

Yeah my last name is Hanson, and I used to be obbsessed with it, saying I had to marry somone with that last name:naughty: I was/am weird.:blush-anim-cl:

I just have to say this thread has made me crazy. I spent hours catching up on recent Hanson performances on YouTube last night. I hadn't been on Hanson.net for awhile, realized my account had expired, so I had to renew that as well! Now I'm sorting through all of my old Hanson pictures and video files I saved on CD. It's madness! :roftl:

i hate to fly, please satya can you beg them to walk through the sea barefoot (i'm pretty sure they can walk on water) to europe, please!!! i'd love to sit around a fire with all the fans and stuff and have them playing guitar, drinking some booze and smoke (since they smoke too,lol, still cant believe it btw,lol)

some of the lyrics are great, i wonder who writes the most, oh and avoid zac during the walk he will just annoy you,lol

Haha, if I get a chance to talk to them, I'll ask if they're touring Europe this year. (Although I doubt it. Two of the Hanson wives are expecting.) And I try to pretend they don't smoke anymore, and who knows, they may have stopped. Isaac had some health issues last year, so if he's as smart as I think he is, he'll have quit last year.

Awww, Mana, I want you to come to the show with us!!! And I'm sure I will have a lengthy report for ya when I get back from the show. I'm good at looong reviews. (My Mika concert review--unedited--was 7 pages single-spaced.)

I love you guys!!! I'm your biggest fan!!!! We even have the same last name so we can get married!!!

If my last name was Hanson, I would have done the same thing. :wink2: Although, I did print out fake marriage certificates once. One for each Hanson. I was nuts. (Maybe still am.)

Tay has gained lots of dirt in his voice!:thumb_yello:

i would so love to see the video (i think it's "River") based on Titanic, but i can't find it. help!!!

Maybe you can find it on their myspace profile !