Mika goes to India!

babspanky

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it......but it is April fools day, so maybe...

the article looks very convincing though:blink:

hmm???

I hate it when I get foooled! But i now realize this is a joke and am fooled again! Damn it! :naughty:

I hate it when I get foooled! But i now realize this is a joke and am fooled again! Damn it! :naughty:

yeah, but we don't actually know if this is a joke....:naughty:

maybe this is real, it just happens to be on April fools........:blink:

or maybe someone could just pop up and say April fools any minute:bleh:

I can SO see Mika dressed in that Indian gear too, I'm actually visualizing it and it suits him really well.

I know, I think that would be so gorgeous! Experimental theatre + Indian themed sets = one cool show next time around. :thumb_yello:

Could I propose that we don't speculate about his second album anymore, but just let him get on with things and come back when he's ready, and could we maybe not have so many 2nd album threads, so that if he does log on, he won't be bombarded with them.

I don't think there's anything wrong with speculating. I hightly doubt Mika's going to have a breakdown because we're talking about what we think the second album will be like. I don't even think he visits the MFC that regularly. It's only natural we want to discuss it. He'll go to India, relax and get inspired, and I'm sure he'll be fine. He's not that fragile; have some faith. :thumb_yello:

my sister is a dancer and travelled there for 4 days, and she got REALLY ill. She was getting dizzy, lost her appetite and shizz. Her illness stayed when she left as well, but the weather cleared up her dermatitis!

Oh God, yeah I've heard a lot of stories. My yoga teacher went there a few years ago, and said a lot of people there do not have the best hygiene. Some people only use their right (I think it's right) hand to shake hands, pick up things, etc., because their left hand is used primarily to...er, wipe themselves after using the bathroom. And the bathrooms are not what we expect. My yoga teacher said they don't wear underwear, and just hike up their clothes and squat on the floor over little drains, and then stand up and leave. I couldn't do that. I'm a germaphobic, so I'd go nuts. Plus both my yoga teacher and friend who just returned from India said they didn't even bring home all of the clothes they took to India because they were so filty it wasn't worth the trouble. And it's so polluted in parts that people wear cloths over their faces so they don't breathe as much of the pollution.

But then I see the pictures A.Clay posted and think, "Oh, I want to go there."

Oh God, yeah I've heard a lot of stories. My yoga teacher went there a few years ago, and said a lot of people there do not have the best hygiene. Some people only use their right (I think it's right) hand to shake hands, pick up things, etc., because their left hand is used primarily to...er, wipe themselves after using the bathroom. And the bathrooms are not what we expect. My yoga teacher said they don't wear underwear, and just hike up their clothes and squat on the floor over little drains, and then stand up and leave. I couldn't do that. I'm a germaphobic, so I'd go nuts. Plus both my yoga teacher and friend who just returned from India said they didn't even bring home all of the clothes they took to India because they were so filty it wasn't worth the trouble. And it's so polluted in parts that people wear cloths over their faces so they don't breathe as much of the pollution.

But then I see the pictures A.Clay posted and think, "Oh, I want to go there."

yeah i heard about the left hand thing too, but I believe that's used in other places too, and not just India. Isn't that because the left side is to do with the Devil or something? (also the reason why when you accidentally drop salt, you throw it over your left shoulder?)

aahh superstition!

and yeah, not all India is like that. It's like Africa I suppose; you get the nice part and then there's the poverty on the other part...

EDIT: The holes in the ground are used in SEVERAL places too. I remember seeing them in Italy, and they're used in China too (and China has it's dirty parts as well, again my sister went there because of her dancing and some chinese REALLY REALLY spit disgustingly on the floor, there are "poo bins" where parents hold their children above the hole so children can excrete...)

I was wondering...If Mika is doing yoga in India...

WHO'S TALKIN WITH FREDDIE AND JERRY?? :shocked:

and how will he tell us the news? (maybe he won't...snif snif :tears:)

So, I'm really doubting...but I hope Mika is really there, I don't care if he can't be near in our first official day

I was wondering...If Mika is doing yoga in India...

WHO'S TALKIN WITH FREDDIE AND JERRY?? :shocked:

and how will he tell us the news? (maybe he won't...snif snif :tears:)

So, I'm really doubting...but I hope Mika is really there, I don't care if he can't be near in our first official day

Either Jerry or Fred will tell us. I'm getting slightly concerned though...it's 4:05pm in England and no news yet :boxed:

well... i'm not sure... but it MIGHT be because they CAN'T have the best hygiene, not because they WANT not to have it :blink: :blink:

Well, it depends on the place, I'm sure.

yeah i heard about the left hand thing too, but I believe that's used in other places too, and not just India. Isn't that because the left side is to do with the Devil or something? (also the reason why when you accidentally drop salt, you throw it over your left shoulder?)

aahh superstition!

and yeah, not all India is like that. It's like Africa I suppose; you get the nice part and then there's the poverty on the other part...

EDIT: The holes in the ground are used in SEVERAL places too. I remember seeing them in Italy, and they're used in China too (and China has it's dirty parts as well, again my sister went there because of her dancing and some chinese REALLY REALLY spit disgustingly on the floor, there are "poo bins" where parents hold their children above the hole so children can excrete...)

Oh wow...*makes a mental note of places not to visit*

And I'm confused about the left hand/right hand thing. I don't know of it has anything to do with the devil--maybe in some cultures. But I learned in my yoga teacher training that we're supposed to mainly adjust people with our right hands because your left hand connects more directly with your heart, and it becomes too personal to use your left hand a lot.

a lot of people there do not have the best hygiene. Some people only use their right (I think it's right) hand to shake hands, pick up things, etc., because their left hand is used primarily to...er, wipe themselves after using the bathroom. And the bathrooms are not what we expect.

yeah but remember he " likes it dirty":naughty: , nothing scares him :mf_rosetinted:("cause hes a real man , thats why")

water, fishes, rats, water, fishes, FISHES

Oh wow...*makes a mental note of places not to visit*

And I'm confused about the left hand/right hand thing. I don't know of it has anything to do with the devil--maybe in some cultures. But I learned in my yoga teacher training that we're supposed to mainly adjust people with our right hands because your left hand connects more directly with your heart, and it becomes too personal to use your left hand a lot.

again, i think it comes under body language/culture/superstition.

and although i said all those bad things about China (not to mention thick clouds of smog lol!) look at how BIIIIG China is. It can't be all that bad. I was watching America's Next Top Model (I'm addicted lol) and they're in Shanghai and it looks gorgeous and colourful. With every pro comes a con and vice versa. It just depends where you go.

okay, i'm off to watch Lee Evans so I can try and forget the suspense of waiting for jerry's news about us being official. Grrrrr lol xD

see you when we're official!

oh, and if it happens while i'm gone, if anyone has my number PLEASE TEXT ME!

Well I got the impression that Mika already talked to Jerry last week, Jerry was firming up details and Jerry was going to post?

Mika doesn't have to be anywhere near a laptop for that.

On the other hand, like Caz says, it's now 16.16 in UK and no annoucement? :boxed:

:boxed: I don't think this is true......But I could be mistaken..

The only thing I found was this schedule for a yoga teacher named Mika and if you scroll down the page they have a little bit of information on him...I've looked around and that's all there is. No pictures or anything either.

But I saw at the end of the short paragraph they are stating this :

"For the last 2 years Mika has been teaching classes in Paris and continuing with his private classes."

I dunno it all seems a bit weird to me.....

Although myself I've never been interested in ever visiting India....I've heard too many bad stories from other people who have visited there.

(no offence to anyone who does like it)

And why would he cancel the V festival in Australia just to go there.....I don't understand.:(

Well I got the impression that Mika already talked to Jerry last week, Jerry was firming up details and Jerry was going to post?

Mika doesn't have to be anywhere near a laptop for that.

On the other hand, like Caz says, it's now 16.16 in UK and no annoucement? :boxed:

But I want Mika to HAVE a laptop so he can see how happy we are and "be with us" when it happens :tears:

but yeah, flippin' 'eck, it's four hours past april fool's and nothing yet?! Gosh I know we should be impatient but we've waited two months!

:boxed: I don't think this is true......But I could be mistaken..

The only thing I found was this schedule for a yoga teacher named Mika and if you scroll down the page they have a little bit of information on him...I've looked around and that's all there is. No pictures or anything either.

But I saw at the end of the short paragraph they are stating this :

"For the last 2 years Mika has been teaching classes in Paris and continuing with his private classes."

I dunno it all seems a bit weird to me.....

Although myself I've never been interested in ever visiting India....I've heard too many bad stories from other people who have visited there.

(no offence to anyone who does like it)

And why would he cancel the V festival in Australia just to go there.....I don't understand.:(

I really doubt that Mika has been a yoga teacher. He would have mentioned it in interviews, and in the interview where he says he USED to do it, he also says he's not so good at it anymore lol.

and i really do truly believe that Mika has gone their for inspiration and song writing, especially since he's gone on his own. I think it makes perfect sense myself lol!

EDIT:

Mika

Mika started yoga at aged 21 with Baptiste Marceau, one of France's foremost Astanga teachers, who was later to become a good friend and mentor.

Mika was a musician at that time, though yoga had such a pull for him that he left Paris a year and a half later to concentrate on teaching.

Many people were asking for private classes, so he started to travel the world, from New York to Israel to give classes!

In 2002 he met a swami in India who offered to teach him tantric yoga. For the next 3 years he travelled between Paris and Rishikesh in India. For the last 2 years Mika has been teaching classes in Paris and continuing with his private classes.

You're right, it DOES sound strange especially about the whole musician thing and the fact that he says he travelled to India because he's been there before, but wasn't Mika at University at the time too? In LONDON?

But I want Mika to HAVE a laptop so he can see how happy we are and "be with us" when it happens :tears:

but yeah, flippin' 'eck, it's four hours past april fool's and nothing yet?! Gosh I know we should be impatient but we've waited two months!

i don't think he would have been there "with us" even if he was in london !!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

i don't think he would have been there "with us" even if he was in london !!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Ohhhhh you know what I meeeaaaaan :tears:

Just sitting there, with his laptop, scrolling down the thread with a happy smile on his face, knowing we're happy...it makes me feel as though he's "with us" if you get me :blush-anim-cl: