Mika goes to India!

babspanky

the "who usually travels everywhere with his oldest sister "was just hilarious, it was absolutely satirical... and the yogic flying,lmao...and the fact that he thinks the experience would be "enlighting":roftl:

the best part was the name of babs 's friend, i really loved it.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually even I didn't know that! I thought you got a copy of that paper and scanned it for real, then added the article. That explains why there were no bylines though. I was wondering about that.

Awesome job making the scan look real, Christine!

--Jack

:naughty: Where would I get a copy of an obscure British Indian magazine in less than two days? I thought about adding the bylines, but they didn't have them on many of the real articles so I didn't bother.

Here's the digital version of their mag. I went with a page 5 forgery.

http://asianlite.co.uk/digital/Default.html

Oh and Jack has pointed out that we didn't give Pam Travers due credit by saying that her contribution was unsolicited...but that was the beauty of it.

Well done Pam! That picture and the fact that you came up with the blog thing totally independent of our joke had me howling. :roftl:

:naughty: Where would I get a copy of an obscure British Indian magazine in less than two days? I thought about adding the bylines, but they didn't have them on many of the real articles so I didn't bother.

Here's the digital version of their mag. I went with a page 5 forgery.

http://asianlite.co.uk/digital/Default.html

Oh and Jack has pointed out that we didn't give Pam Travers due credit by saying that her contribution was unsolicited...but that was the beauty of it.

Well done Pam! That picture and the fact that you came up with the blog thing totally independent of our joke had me howling. :roftl:

Doctors to treat indian girl....:blink::roftl: love the india incorporation lol

goodness, now i have all these new things to try!

I think i will. I'll just spray them when they aren't looking and then their feelings wont be hurt AND everybody around them will be much happier:) Like my friend Brad, he's a great guy, but he smells like **** sometimes (i had to take a final exam sitting behind him, don't wont to repeat the experience) so i think i will try it out on him first.:wink2: I'll let you know how it works, hay, i could start a revolution!

I just don't like everything fishy. Especially sushi, even cali rolls. its the seaweed. anything fishy like that is not for me. But i know most people love sushi, so i guess i'm just weird. maybe i was scarred somehow with fish in my childhood and don't remmber....

lmao@your friend at the exam, hey i think i have an idea, do they sell mini fabreeze? so no one will see it's you:naughty:

well if you dont like sushi try sashimi, more rice, less fish ( or are cali rolls sashimisfor you?) anyway fish must be perfect or it's not good, i always have salmon instead of sushi when i go japanese, and i put the green mostard everywhere,yeah!

lmao@your friend at the exam, hey i think i have an idea, do they sell mini fabreeze? so no one will see it's you:naughty:

well if you dont like sushi try sashimi, more rice, less fish ( or are cali rolls sashimisfor you?) anyway fish must be perfect or it's not good, i always have salmon instead of sushi when i go japanese, and i put the green mostard everywhere,yeah!

I hate sushi! Just the thought of it is nasty.

Actually..I've never had it, but I'm sure I would hate it if I ever did taste it :)

Personally, my fave part of the joke is the 3 pages of fake conversation we had in the Apple thread, where we debated about the article's reality and whether or not it should be posted in the news section. :naughty:

--Jack

Yeah it wouldn't have been too plausible for Bab to just pull some scan about Mika going to India out of thin air in the middle of the night.

Mini fabreeze! that would be PERFECT!! like a key-chain size! :roftl:

and its the seaweed that gets me with cali rolls and sashimi. my sister loves it, so i've had an pen mind and have tried it on many occasions, but i still don't like it. its supposed to be good for you too!:blink::sneaky2:

You bloody unbelievers. You are so cynical! You'll be sorry. :sneaky2:

Good job I have found this link to the blog that Pam Travers was talking about.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/181/aprilpr4.jpg

I KNEW it :naughty: I'm just too good for you guys mwahahah wasn't fooled for one second.

(still....had to read the rest of this thread tonight though just to see the outcome ha ha).

That picture and the fact that you came up with the blog thing totally independent of our joke had me howling. :roftl:

it was very funny for me too... all this people looking for that blog,lol, at the end of the day i even surprised my own self searching for it:roftl:

and everyone loving india all of a sudden ,lol...

oh and satya, sweetie, i'm so sorry i lied to you when i said the others pics were about mika kissing Geo (the earth), lol, you are the best fan ever, you are so true and so protective and genuine, the last person i wanted to fool...:wink2: (forgive me,ok?) on the other side i do practize some kind of "positions" you know = i didnt lie 100% (i'm not mika:naughty: )

and to ell you the truth i was a bit disappointed myself it was just a joke, i wold be so admirative if he would retreat to spiritualized himself...i saw that old man once on tv, in india, i think the man is really famous there, he has white hair and he has the most beautiful face i have ever see, he looks so so ... i cant even find a word...full of empathy you know, maybe you know him, if yes let me know i've been looking for him for so long

Mini fabreeze! that would be PERFECT!! like a key-chain size! :roftl:

and its the seaweed that gets me with cali rolls and sashimi. my sister loves it, so i've had an pen mind and have tried it on many occasions, but i still don't like it. its supposed to be good for you too!:blink::sneaky2:

you no seaweed are not good fo everyone!! i mean it can even be really really toxic for some people...maybe yoyr body feels that it's not good and that's why you dont like it, just have super fried fishtick and ketchup:thumb_yello:

ever heard about bloddtypes diet? i mean foe instance if you bloodtype is * banana wont be good for you though it's upposed to be good (fruit) see

you no seaweed are not good fo everyone!! i mean it can even be really really toxic for some people...maybe yoyr body feels that it's not good and that's why you dont like it, just have super fried fishtick and ketchup:thumb_yello:

ever heard about bloddtypes diet? i mean foe instance if you bloodtype is * banana wont be good for you though it's upposed to be good (fruit) see

there's something similar that has to do with doshas in yoga (how appropriate lol) and depending on your dosha, you're supposed to eat different things.

I also knew it was a collaboration but I thought there were a lot more involved in it, I thought Caz (bless her I should've known better than to think she would be so devious lol).and Kata knew as well but there were too many people backing up each other and getting really.. I dunno sorta supportive about it that it smelled of fishes to me, big huge fat one too lol.

I dunno why I thought it was a loada codswallup (look fishes again lol), I just didn't believe the the cutting was real at all, especially when I see how great people are at photoshop here and how talented they are at writing and how creative they all are, so your see guys...I just KNEW you had it in you to come up with summit just like this lol. :naughty:

there's something similar that has to do with doshas in yoga (how appropriate lol) and depending on your dosha, you're supposed to eat different things.

LOL, how appropriate!! i didnt no about doshas!! thanks , i will google it after i 've showered myself now (i'm just back from india and i'm totally filthy, you have no idea,lol) i want to know about my dosha!

*going to shower**before doing some yoga:naughty: *

LOL, how appropriate!! i didnt no about doshas!! thanks , i will google it after i 've showered myself now (i'm just back from india and i'm totally filthy, you have no idea,lol) i want to know about my dosha!

*going to shower**before doing some yoga:naughty: *

my sister knows more than i do, but there's a test you can take as well! are you really just back from India? NICE lol. It's ideal to have balanced doshas, but many people lean strongly towards one or another- there are 3. Look it up, its really interesting!

I almost peed myself when I saw that. Made staying up all night to make that fake paper totally worth my while. :roftl:

Glad I brought you such JOY Christine.:blush-anim-cl:

Don't worry, the other Aussies who posted in this thread were in on the joke too. :bleh:

NO, no we weren't.

And several hours of searching for fictitious blog later, deadlines for my own (real) article missed, you can imagine that some of us may have preferred to be in on it.

And I was on the verge of telling you to put a sock in it Scut.:naughty:

Guess I missed the true apple boat somewhere.

f956-magritte.jpg

it was very funny for me too... all this people looking for that blog,lol, at the end of the day i even surprised my own self searching for it:roftl:

Just tell us where that VERY CONVINCING picture came from, then I might forgive you all.

art_navNew_backup.gif

Yeah Mana and I were talking about the blog and talking about the general story so much it started to veer off into...well, what if Mika really was in India? You almost start to think it's possible. We really have no idea what that boy is actually doing. He could be in India! Why not? :naughty:

Glad I brought you such JOY Christine.:blush-anim-cl:

No, I meant Pam's post, not really people's reaction to it. Scut was like WTF, is she for real? You can't imagine she could be for real but at the same time it was so unbelievable that someone would jump into the joke like that with something more outrageous than what we put out there in the first place.

Guess I missed the true apple boat somewhere.

Aw, don't feel left out. It actually occurred to me a couple of times to bring you into it but it was very difficult to organize through PM because you can only send out to 5 people at a time. I was busy at work where I can't access my private email, MySpace, etc. and the layout was so time consuming I couldn't work on the text or worry about coordinating people to get involved in the discussions in the threads.

The whole thing was very last minute and we're all very pedantic so there was a lot of back and forth and fussing over every detail.

I'm surprised so many people were skeptical actually. I thought we had our bases covered and was only praying that Mika wasn't going to go clubbing in front of the paparazzi on Sunday night. :naughty:

~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

!!! PICKLE JUICE !!!

..........................!!! PICKLE JUICE !!!

___________________________ ! ! ! PICKLE JUICE ! ! !

I'll just have to get a CASE of . . .

picklejuice.jpg

from that outfit in TEXAS!

~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

And does it taste of pickles?

YEP, IT DOES . . .

IT'S A "SPORT" DRINK . . . .

BUT THEY WILL ONLY SELL IT TO YOU IF

YOU PROMISE TO PLAY NICE & BE A GOOD SPORT!

picklejuice.jpg

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!

a_Pickle_logo_clean05.jpg

*http://www.goldenpicklejuice.com/product%20pages/beverage.htm

oh and satya, sweetie, i'm so sorry i lied to you when i said the others pics were about mika kissing Geo (the earth), lol, you are the best fan ever, you are so true and so protective and genuine, the last person i wanted to fool...:wink2: (forgive me,ok?) on the other side i do practize some kind of "positions" you know = i didnt lie 100% (i'm not mika:naughty: )

*glares at all the pranksters* :newyear:

*going to shower**before doing some yoga.*

Yeah, doshas are really interesting. I did my final paper on it for my yoga teacher training. You're either Vata (air and ether), Pitta (fire and water), or Kapha (earth and water). Depending on what you are--and you can also be a mix of two, or rarely a balance of all three--depends on what you look like, your emotional tendencies, disease tendencies, what you should eat, what yoga you should do, etc. It's really, really cool.

"BRITISH POP SINGER RETREATS TO INDIA"

HomeIndiaNow.jpg

WELL~~That had a good run, didn't it?

PART OF ME HOPED IT WAS ALL TRUE:

page_po_india_bazaar_01_0706051720_id_35036.jpg

I HAD IT ALL FIGURED OUT!

MIKA HAD READ ABOUT THE PERFECT VISIT TO INDIA IN

THE NY TIMES & HAD DECIDED TO "GO FOR IT."

http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/03/25/travel/25India.html?pagewanted=print

HE ALSO KNEW ALL ABOUT FLYING YOGA . . .

http://www.alltm.org/YFlying.html

AND HE WAS PRACTICING IT AS WE WERE DISCUSSING IT . . .

AT THE MONASTERY, HERE DEPICTED . . .

namgyal_india_1.jpg

I WISHED FOR MIKA TO ENJOY IT ALL . . .

India%20-%20Taj%20Mahal%20at%20dawn.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*********************W H A T E V E R********************

india.jpg

ANYWAY~~GOODNIGHT, or GOOD MORNING, MIKA,

WHERESOEVER YOU ARE AND

WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack has pointed out that we didn't give Pam Travers due credit by saying that her contribution was unsolicited...but that was the beauty of it.

Well done Pam! That picture and the fact that you came up with the blog thing totally independent of our joke had me howling.

Scut was like WTF, is she for real? You can't imagine she could be for real but at the same time it was so unbelievable that someone would jump into the joke like that with something more outrageous than what we put out there in the first place.

When I read Pam's post I could not stop crying with laughter for at least 5 minutes, and I was sitting in my university library so I got dirty looks from everyone around me. I couldn't be sure whether she was also fooling too or whether she thought she had really stumbled upon a blog. That was my most favourite part of the whole prank. :roftl:

i didnt lie 100% (i'm not mika :naughty:)

:roftl:

Scut had me fooled completely with her Aussie effrontery though!!!
I was on the verge of telling you to put a sock in it Scut.

If wasn't in on the joke I would have told myself to put a sock in it, but I was told to be as whiny as possible so I did. :naughty:

NO, no we weren't.

Sorry, BS, I meant Kelzy and Soangel. :sad:

The whole thing was very last minute and we're all very pedantic so there was a lot of back and forth and fussing over every detail.

Sorry about the pedantry. :blush-anim-cl:

This was so funny. Well done!!!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it, titania. :naughty: