Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I'm still here, but I'm definitely on the verge of saying "You gotta be kidding me" a little too often.. so I think I'll unsubscribe a few threads and be selectively delusional.

Omigod - I thought earlier, you were almost telling us you were gone for good.:blink:

So glad you're still here... :wub2:

get yerself over to the care bear thread :huglove:

:blink: Did you just hug me in cyberspace? Mummy told me that this is not a contact sport. *fidget* You're scaring me. I'm telling. I have to find my cabbage patch doll first though. *twitch*

I feel angry, frustrated, annoyed, misunderstood, wronged........and I'm not even an apple, grrr!!

I'm just a decent, happy, loyal person, who likes to do the right thing, stand by her morals, by what I think is right, and be an advocate for justice and all that.

Why is that so bloody bad????? And what is wrong with people, can nobody SEE things anymore?

Ok, sorry for the rant. Feel free to report me as a bully if you so wish.:naughty:

Don't worry. I see it.

And you'd have to insult my mother's hair before I'd call you a bully.

But that's because I'm old school. :mf_rosetinted:

HAHAHA!

I need a whip, I`m a bad girl..

You. Haz. Issues.

Omigod - I thought earlier, you were almost telling us you were gone for good.:blink:

So glad you're still here... :wub2:

It almost happened.. But Bec debriefed me on MSN :naughty:

:huglove:

Out of the mouths of babes! Thanks Pip! You are a little gem!

No problem :wink2: (<< I love this smiley)

I feel angry, frustrated, annoyed, misunderstood, wronged........and I'm not even an apple, grrr!!

I'm just a decent, happy, loyal person, who likes to do the right thing, stand by her morals, by what I think is right, and be an advocate for justice and all that.

Why is that so bloody bad????? And what is wrong with people, can nobody SEE things anymore?

Ok, sorry for the rant. Feel free to report me as a bully if you so wish.

You? not an apple? :boxed: I thought you were only rotten :ap_rosetinted:

:poke: are you satisfied :ap_rosetinted:

Don't worry. I see it.

And you'd have to insult my mother's hair before I'd call you a bully.

But that's because I'm old school.

You. Haz. Issues.

It almost happened.. But Bec debriefed me on MSN

:huglove:

You're hugging ppl now? *shocked* You're no longer evil? ^^

And you can't leave, you'd miss us :newyear:

You're hugging ppl now? *shocked* You're no longer evil? ^^

And you can't leave, you'd miss us :newyear:

It's all part of my evil plan. Hunt you down, Smoother you with lovey dovey crap and Destroy!

Kind of like any Celine Dion song.

And I would, but there's pills I can take for that.

Nah, seriously guys, if OL was who s/he said they were... that was pretty mean of people to gang up on them that way. But, well. From what I understand, those who ganged up on him/her consider that rather a big IF.

--Jack

I'm quoting racha but not directly aiming it at her because I've experienced this elsewhere from others.

If you have a college degree, then good for you... just don't make the young ones feel stupid cause they don't have your "knowledge". You have been here for more than a year, good for you, that does not make you a better fan or have more privileges than others. if someone posts something you disagree with, don't accuse them of being stupid and have idol worship "issues", don't attack people on a personal level (whether they are single moms or not - that is none of your business and definitely off limits)

Now, she's worded this really well so that it's hard to take offense to it. And I do agree with the principles of it all..

But there's underlying tones I'd like to address (And, again not at all aimed at Racha!)

Firstly, I don't have a college degree. Anything and everything I say is pure knowledge I have been collecting dust on for years. I was always a smart kid. I could do my older brother's homework. I'm not bragging, that's just how it was. I am an old soul, and if you believe in anything spiritual then you'll understand that. My soul is, according to numerous psychics, over 3000 years old which I fully believe because that's my religion.

I don't think people are idiots because they don't have the same amount of knowledge, but it shouldn't mean I have to act dumb just because they are. I try to word my opinions clearly so that all ages can understand it. But, if they don't understand it, how can that be something I'm at fault for?

They could either be encouraged to google it and learn more for themselves, ask me, ask you, or anyone to further explain it.. Or continue to be lazy and clueless. It's not my problem. This is an all ages forum and I should be allowed to post highly intelligent posts if I want to.

Secondly, long term MFCers. I utterly respect the fact that you guys know more about the ins and outs. Not all of you do, but there's definitely some who do. What's wrong with that? IMO, Nothing. You shouldn't have to act like you know nothing just to make newbies feel more comfortable. I don't have insider information. I'm not in contact with anyone who can tell me personal things about Mika and co.. And I don't actually want to be either. I found it more informative when I read older members posts and that's how I gathered my Mika/MFC knowledge. There's alot of things I don't care to know about, but some things I find interesting of course. I'd be even dumber without all the wisdom that I've seen posted around this place. So, thank you for broadcasting your expertise and M/MFC experiences because I have soaked alot of it in and wouldn't want it any other way.

"make them feel stupid". Well, I see alot of posts from younger members and newbies where they are wrong, and then someone will post the facts. And of course they'll feel stupid for it. No one likes being wrong and it's embarrassing, but grow up and learn from it. I've done it myself. So what. Read the answers you're given. And then next time someone asks the same question you can answer it. You don't learn anything otherwise. And I'm having trouble working out where people get post after post from older members saying "Oh you thought that? How stupid."

But it goes both ways. An uniformed person can offend an informed person by asking a simple question too. I have Crohns Disease, and one day on Myspace I was replying to some random guy and he mentioned the Crohns. I replied that it's an immune disease and he wrote back "OMG! It's not contagious is it? You're not going to make me sick too are you? I don't want to dieeee!!" And naturally I thought, "You're a tosser" so I told him so and said "in future use google before saying such idiotic things."

Really, it's your brain. Make the most of it.

"idol worship issues". Yeah, GUILTY. I admit it. I have reasons for it. Mostly because of some of my first experiences here with a member I care about greatly and she was going through an over the top fangurly phase at the time. I didn't slap her out of it, but I just needed to know she still had a grip on reality. Which she did. So, I was no longer as concerned.

The attacking on a personal level thing is true. I don't think that should happen. If someone's talking seriously about an aspect of their life then you shouldn't turn around and make fun of it. Anyway, enough dissection from me.. :naughty:

Nah, seriously guys, if OL was who s/he said they were... that was pretty mean of people to gang up on them that way. But, well. From what I understand, those who ganged up on him/her consider that rather a big IF.

--Jack

Well, signs of classic troll behaviour will do that to people. If anything there's 2 positive outcomes. OL knows that posting like that is trolling, and we (MFC in general) try a bit harder to not be so judgmental.

But, I'm with Kata on the fact I don't like impostors. I've gotten enough fake friend requests on Myspace to hate them. That's why I have the surname function on. I don't like fake friends in real life so why would I want them online either.

If OL's legit then so be it. I'm not judging any further. Welcome (finally) to the MFC :thumb_yello: etc..

I think liars eventually get caught out so I'm not worrying..

--Jack

Well, signs of classic troll behaviour will do that to people. If anything there's 2 positive outcomes. OL knows that posting like that is trolling, and we (MFC in general) try a bit harder to not be so judgmental.

But, I'm with Kata on the fact I don't like impostors. I've gotten enough fake friend requests on Myspace to hate them. That's why I have the surname function on. I don't like fake friends in real life so why would I want them online either.

If OL's legit then so be it. I'm not judging any further. Welcome (finally) to the MFC etc..

I think liars eventually get caught out so I'm not worrying..

I think i'm missing sth here :blink:

Is it on the Luke thread?

(i don't read it anymore too much pages and i have the feeling it's going round and round)

So i read your BIG post Kelz (i succeeded :naughty:) i'm missing sth again :boxed: but i agree with what you said :thumb_yello:

(i don't read it anymore too much pages and i have the feeling it's going round and round)

So i read your BIG post Kelz (i succeeded :naughty:) i'm missing sth again :boxed: but i agree with what you said :thumb_yello:

Hey! Yeah, sorry about that long post :naughty: I really don't expect anyone to read it. I just needed to rant in a safe environment. But that was from the bullying thread.

And the other parts are on the Luke thread. A member who has been here since March 2007 suddenly decided to post for the second time ever. A lot of us were taken aback by the suddenness of it and wanting to know "why now?" and "what do you mean by that?" etc. There were a few factors that raised suspicions, mostly that they had their gender as male yet told everyone they were a working mother of 2, but the first post the member had made in 2007 was one that really raised the suspicions, which, to my knowledge, I don't think anyone ever got a response about. The word troll was used and alot of people who didn't know the internet meaning of troll thought people were being rude and insulting.

Secondly, long term MFCers. I utterly respect the fact that you guys know more about the ins and outs. Not all of you do, but there's definitely some who do. What's wrong with that? IMO, Nothing. You shouldn't have to act like you know nothing just to make newbies feel more comfortable.

I don't think it was a request to act dumb for the sake of the newbies, more like don't throw your weight around because you've been here longer. But this is just another oversensitivity issue IMO.

And it wouldn't even be a problem if there weren't so many challenges like "You don't know anything. Stop jumping to conclusions." All of our knowledge about the people on and connected to MFC is not contained directly within their posts so I don't understand this incessant challenge because it's not all laid out in black and white within the thread in question.

Do I really need to preface everything I say with a rundown of every conversation I've had, every article I've read, every MySpace I've stalked, etc. to justify my opinions? Even if I didn't mind wasting my time doing that, there are things I just don't want to get into on MFC because it's not appropriate. That's one of the reasons why so much information is discovered off of MFC. Once they get past the "What's Mika's favourite colour?" phase of Mika fandom people tend to take their conversations offline.

To take a less controversial example - If Robertina tells me that Mika doesn't want to discuss a song that appeared on an Italian TV show, I might be curious as to why she thinks that. But I'm not going to call her out on it and say WTF do you know about it, maybe he can't wait to tell us all about this song. Robertina has had conversations with Mika and she's part of an Italian community of Mika fans that also have conversations with Mika. It's really not so far fetched that she could have heard it directly or indirectly from Mika and I don't see the need to challenge her on it just because I haven't seen a videotaped interview of Mika discussing this song with my own two eyes.

Yes on the Luke thread. Someone who appeared to be a man made a claim that they were a single mum and was then subjected to some teasing by MFCers because it was assumed that they were actually a man and just wanted to play games.

Thanks Kelz and Christine i'll go see a bit what happened...

About the newbies subject, i'm a newbie and i understand why you say it's an "oversensitivity issue", but for me it's not, i'm not ashamed or angry or anything.

If i have questions i ask you and i think it doesn't bother you to answer, or i'll go find it myself. And after all it's why everyone comes here first, information isn't it?

It's normal there's differences between the 2007 MFCers and the 2008 ones though, with all the things that happened last year. But i think it's more about finding your 'home' in the MFC. Maybe it's the same problem as what they say at Mikasounds, that there's too much ppl etc.

:shocked: i almost didn't put any smiley in my post..

Thanks Kelz and Christine i'll go see a bit what happened...

About the newbies subject, i'm a newbie and i understand why you say it's an "oversensitivity issue", but for me it's not, i'm not ashamed or angry or anything.

If i have questions i ask you and i think it doesn't bother you to answer, or i'll go find it myself. And after all it's why everyone comes here first, information isn't it?

It's normal there's differences between the 2007 MFCers and the 2008 ones though, with all the things that happened last year. But i think it's more about finding your 'home' in the MFC. Maybe it's the same problem as what they say at Mikasounds, that there's too much ppl etc.

:shocked: i almost didn't put any smiley in my post..

That's how I started out here. It took me awhile to fit in. In my first 2 months I didn't even speak to the Aussies at all really. It's just about finding a thread and getting to know people.. then branching out..

And if Mika's still successful in 10 years time it won't matter if you joined MFC in 2007 or 2009, will it really? I don't think fans should be judged on date. There's definitely newer members that love Mika's music more than I do.. I'm not competing..

I know I'm far from a true apple, but can I just, you know, hang out here and sip an appletini?

Please tell me there's slightly less insanity in here than out there. :bleh:

connie_testwall.gif

I think it's safe ... Mwahahahha sarcastic_blum.gif

I know I'm far from a true apple, but can I just, you know, hang out here and sip an appletini?

Please tell me there's slightly less insanity in here than out there.

Do you watch Scrubs?

You just reminded me of this episode where a friend of Eliot comes and she's in a bar with JD. They argue and in the end he has to pay 100$ for his appletini cause he's got no change and she won't pay for him :naughty:

(it's not really funny reading it though)

connie_testwall.gif

I think it's safe ... Mwahahahha sarcastic_blum.gif

Love the smilies! :mf_lustslow::roftl:

sarcastic_blum.gif this one should be added :fisch: