Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Yes and I think we need early planning too!

Re April 2009....can I at least be in on it this time pls:mf_rosetinted:

A lot of time was invested searching for the blog of Mika in India doing his yogic flying.

I'd like to think of that time as an investment in next year's escapades.:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ChristineMika-1.jpg

Wow, this is gooood job, your facial expression are so unanimous (do you say it like that?)

Anyway, this is a really good and very funny picture! Love it!:thumb_yello:

Zoots your pic is going over well on another board:

:roftl:

I wish it would make its way in to the oldlings thread for Weelax to see!:roftl:

He jumped on me a while ago because I made a joke about Mika having Christine’s phone number, haha!

How about this dear W?:naughty:

Actually I meet the guy, W, in Amsterdam he turned out to be really nice!:thumb_yello:

Re April 2009....can I at least be in on it this time pls:mf_rosetinted:

A lot of time was invested searching for the blog of Mika in India doing his yogic flying.

I'd like to think of that time as an investment in next year's escapades.:mf_rosetinted:

Didn’t you just love to be fooled?:roftl:

I loved every minute of it, especially how it was so skilful done.

They started it in this thread just to make sure any lurkers like for example me, seeking for first hand information would be fooled to!!!:naughty:

Ahhh!:thumb_yello:

I actually deleted the post because I was worried it might go into a direction I personally wasn't entirely prepared to discuss. You mentioned molestation. And that's the connection to it that I find disturbing.

Secondly, later on in my life an older cousin said to me "Don't let Uncle Wal kiss you. He's got herpes." :boxed:

Thirdly, due to having an immune disease, I'm not comfortable with unnecessary germ spreading. :naughty:

But, my real concern is about the impact it has on an impressionable young female. You said it yourself in your post "I just try to go along with it". I stopped wanting to go along with it when I realised not everyone did it. I had also had, by that time, a few experiences where I thought that I just had to go along with it.

I don't mind hugging and cheek kissing and do that instead. But kissing someone directly on the lips feels to personal for me.

I know I'm a bit late on the kissing discussion but I'd like to add something to it anyway. I only know relative-lip-kissing from my father's side. Only ma grandparents did it. I was ok with it as a child but as I started to kiss boys on the lips it started to feel weird to kiss my 70-80 something grandfather. So I started to turn away when he approached me so that he only kissed my cheek. My other relatives only hugged me (if even). I also belong to those people who are very keen on their private space so I had to get used to hugging friends at first. I also get used to the habit if cheek kissing like for example in Holland as we don't do anything like that in Germany.

I know I'm a bit late on the kissing discussion but I'd like to add something to it anyway. I only know relative-lip-kissing from my father's side. Only ma grandparents did it. I was ok with it as a child but as I started to kiss boys on the lips it started to feel weird to kiss my 70-80 something grandfather. So I started to turn away when he approached me so that he only kissed my cheek. My other relatives only hugged me (if even). I also belong to those people who are very keen on their private space so I had to get used to hugging friends at first. I also get used to the habit if cheek kissing like for example in Holland as we don't do anything like that in Germany.

We sound very alike. The age I started having a problem with it was at the same age where my friends tried to get me to kiss a boy and I didn't want to. :naughty:

Yo guys! Just wanted to say a quick hello. I just started working last week at a summer camp for kids with disabilities and running to the hospital after because my uncle's there now. Having really been keeping up with much that going on here. But just wanted to say hey!

P.S I don't know if anyone here works or has worked with kids with disabilities but I have to say I LOVE my new job. The pay is absolutely horrible but the satisfaction you get out of it at the end of the day is worth so much more!

Catch you all later!

It's a funny discussion :kaf:

In Europe (well France) we kiss on the cheeks mostly, or shake hands, with bosses.

But sth "weird" is that women kiss on the cheeks men and women but men kiss on the cheeks women and shake hands with men (except their father in general or very close friends).

Is it about manhood or sth?

in Turkey men kiss on the cheeks both men and women,it's very normal here.

i remember a few years ago a Turkish soccer player in spain kissed another player after he made a score and all spanish newspapers wrote that he was gay but he is not gay at all ! :blink:

he never did it again:naughty:

Yo guys! Just wanted to say a quick hello. I just started working last week at a summer camp for kids with disabilities and running to the hospital after because my uncle's there now. Having really been keeping up with much that going on here. But just wanted to say hey!

P.S I don't know if anyone here works or has worked with kids with disabilities but I have to say I LOVE my new job. The pay is absolutely horrible but the satisfaction you get out of it at the end of the day is worth so much more!

Catch you all later!

I knew you were a good 'un. :wub2:

Hi apples!:bleh:

Slapping my wrists in order not to stick this one into some Bday present thread...

22178854bb548b1345c81a67cddce65532d8ac8.jpg

from

http://www.peeandpoo.com/eng/flasheng.asp

nice gift IMO, not a t***, but well, almost:soccer_h4h:...

Oh, these are reminding me of the STD ones that Graham Norton gave out to his guests in December. I can't remember which ones they were or which one Mika got, all I remember is Mika going on and on about Herpes and wasn't it the same as having cold sores and he had cold sores..........:blink:

Here's the link

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/main/venereals/

Having looked at them , I think he got the pox.

Oh, these are reminding me of the STD ones that Graham Norton gave out to his guests in December. I can't remember which ones they were or which one Mika got, all I remember is Mika going on and on about Herpes and wasn't it the same as having cold sores and he had cold sores..........:blink:

:lmao: :lmao: I had a cold sore this year and this kid spread a rumor that i had herpes. :mf_rosetinted:

Here's the link

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/main/venereals/

Having looked at them , I think he got the pox.

and they look so fluffy and innocent..:naughty:

and in the light of all the above said (and continuing hugs/kisses topic) - its definitely safer to limit oneself to just a hug ot a friendly tap on the shoulder....even if its Mika :naughty:

or is it especialy? :boxed:

and in the light of all the above said (and continuing hugs/kisses topic) - its definitely safer to limit oneself to just a hug ot a friendly tap on the shoulder....even if its Mika :naughty:

Hmm yeah, I mean if cold sores and Herpes are linked, where has his mouth been?

Hmm yeah, I mean if cold sores and Herpes are linked, where has his mouth been?

Maybe he used a public toilet :thumb_yello:

Hi Apple people! I thought I'd venture into appleland....

About the whole kissing/hugging debate...I tend to kiss people on the cheek (spanish way), but I do find myself more and more not doing so or hesitating, as I often find that I go in for the kiss and people recoil in horror :roftl:, so I try to assess the situation on the fly and if I'm kind of dubious, I don't kiss.

The one thing that I do find a lot more intimate than a light peck on the cheek though (which in Spain is standard when you're introduced to someone new or meet someone you know) is the hugging business.

To me, a hug is waaay more personal and "intimate" than a kiss like that, so I find it really ackward when people hug me and I find my chest squashed against a stranger....:naughty: I find it odd, and something that does take me a lot of effort to accept.

So yes, it does seem to be very much a cultural/habit sort of thing.......Though I will say that I never understood the kissing on the lips thing. To me that is just stuff that you do with someone who you're sexually interested in, and I can't see it as "normal".

Both cold sores and genital herpes are caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV). Although cold sores are more commonly associated with HSV-1 and genital herpes associated with HSV-2, either strain of the virus can be responsible for causing either of the conditions. There are other places you can get it too. One of my friends when I was a teenager got it in her eye!

So, yes they are related. Same virus. But not the same thing. I said to a patient once something about her having herpes cos she had cold sores and she got extremely upset with me and I got into trouble with the CNC (Sister in charge of the ward). But I don't understand the fuss myself. I never said she had an STD.