Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi girl! Good to see you. :wub2:

I hope you've been having fun this summer. What are you doing in the fall?

No we don't mind bad moods here.

:badmood:

I think I may have a present to cheer you up. Check Facebook in a bit.

Hey!! This summer has been one of the most amazing summers of my life! I worked at a summer camp for kids with disabilities(Def the best job i've ever had in my entire life!), went cliff jumping, got to go to the beach, saw a coldplay concert i wasn't even supposed to go to, and just a whole bunch of randomness. It was great! Now it's ending and I have to go back to school. But I got a great new apartment that I got a deal for because the land lord was trying to get rid of it before school started so it's about like 1000$ per month that me and my roomate are going to split.

All in all it's been going well!

Sorry not to make anyones bad moods worse by bringing in all my excitement, but if it helps I just found out my best friend hooked up with a guy that I've really like all summer, a guy who she was trying to hook me up with so at the moment I'm not feeling to hot either. It doesn't help either when you're feeling real low and someone says to you..."I told you, nice girls always finish last"

So there's there's my summer in a nutshell, started out well, crashed, but then hopefully it'll get better when i move out

I'm feeling grumply, irritable, argumentative and out of sorts. Spoiling for a fight might be the best way to describe it. It will pass soon, but in the meantime I thought I'd lurk by myself in here, where people don't seem to mind a bad mood.

Not at all! The grumpier the better. Sometimes you just need to whine and have people whine with you .Nothing worse that those sweetness and light types when you are in a mood like this.

What's this? A cordial invitation for Mika to come hang out in this thread? :naughty:

If that's the way he would like to take it. Not sure who would learn from who though.

I don't moan as much IRL as I do here. Not half as much. :naughty:

wow. I think thats the first time I heard you say girlie. I dunno.

Sorry, I am spazzing as usual.:mf_rosetinted: How are you?

Ok you know. Glad it's the weekend! Not doing much, but next weekend I think Kata's over and we're going to see Francis Rodino. You?

Ok you know. Glad it's the weekend! Not doing much, but next weekend I think Kata's over and we're going to see Francis Rodino. You?

I am just sitting here wishing that I lived in Europe, so ya know, I could see Francis or any other person that I liked. :mf_rosetinted:

Otherwise I am fine. Same old.

Hi Apples! It has been a VERY long time since I've posted, and I have genuinely missed you all! Sorry if this turns out to be a mega post, but I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Unfortunately, the last few months have been difficult for me, but I'm doing my best to look to the future with a positive attitude. In May, during Memorial Day weekend, my very precious kitty, Matthias, disappeared from my mom's house. After a week of hoping and searching, we had to face the fact that my sweet boy was gone. I've never met a cat so loving, and I doubt I ever will again. I raised him from kittenhood, and he would have been 12 this month.

matthias.jpg

Also, I was diagnosed with diabetes a couple weeks ago. To be honest, I was not surprised, and I have suspected it for quite some time now. Luckily, they caught it early, and my doctor thinks it is a mild case. I was already a very healthy eater, so it has not been hard adjusting to a diabetic eating plan. I do, however, need to exercise more, and I need to get more motivated, LOL. Poking my fingers all the time to test my blood is no picnic, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. My goal is to live a long healthy life, so I'll do whatever it takes to make that happen.

On a positive note, I have recently found a creative outlet that I thoroughly enjoy. I did a lot of sewing as a kid, and I have just picked it up again. My favorite project is making t shirt tote bags. It's a good way to breathe new life into a t shirt that I never wear, but don't want to throw out. One of my first bags was in honor of Prince, surprise, surprise...

princebagfront.jpg

The bag ended up being rather large, because I had to include all of the tour dates on the back.

princebagback.jpg

My boyfriend helped me pick out this beautiful fabric for the lining. I made an interior pocket out of one of the t shirt sleeves, and added a magnetic snap.

princebaginside.jpg

I made a few bags for co-workers and my sister, but my most recent project is all mine. I whipped this up just in time for Mika's birthday.

mikabagfront.jpg

mikabagback.jpg

It was tough finding a fabric that would compliment such a whimsical design, but I really loved this one. I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but each of the stripes as shading and depth to it, much like the Mika logo.

mikabaglining.jpg

I've got more project pics, but that's all I'm allowed to post for now, LOL! I want to stay more connected with you guys. I have limited access to the computer these days, because my honey uses it non-stop for school. Fortunately, the quarter ends next week. YAY! Hopefully, I'll have my own computer by the time Fall quarter starts....

Hi, nice to hear from you again!

Lovely Mika bag, by the way.

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you seem very positive about it.

Sorriest to hear about your cat. He does look a sweetie. The only thing I can say is that I am sure he had 12 happy years with you. I just adore my cats as you probably know, so I really do feel for you.

x

Hi, nice to hear from you again!

Lovely Mika bag, by the way.

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you seem very positive about it.

Sorriest to hear about your cat. He does look a sweetie. The only thing I can say is that I am sure he had 12 happy years with you. I just adore my cats as you probably know, so I really do feel for you.

x

Thanks, Babs. You're a sweetheart.

DaMango!!! It is so nice to see a post from you! I think of you often....sorry I'm not good about corresponding!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, sounds like you are on top of things though.

And I have to say that I love your tote bags. They are awesome! Thank you for sharing the pics. I can just imagine you running around Bellevue/Seattle with Prince or Mika tucked around your arm. :naughty:

Take care and I send you my love..... :wub2:

(hey, I just got a pm from you....but I guess I will post this first)

Hello DaMango :bye:

Good to see you in here again - it's been a long time!

I'm so sorry to read about your cat. I can relate to the nagging of uncertainty when they just disappear. :no:

I'm positive, you'll also find a way to deal with your disease. Just keep your chin up :thumb_yello:

Those bags are very beautiful. The insides are so pretty, too :wub2:, well done! I wouldn't have regrets for any of my T-shirts if I was able to turn them into something like that :wink2:

Wow DaMango that Mika bag is incredible!! I especially love the inside, it looks like every coloured stripe is separate, like slightly raised where it joins the next one? Sorry about the clumsy explanation :naughty:.

In any case it's a great idea to make bags from Tshirts, I must admit I had never thought of something like that myself- then again I am hardly a crafty person that way as much as I'd like to, so no idea if I'd be able to make anything remotely similar :roftl:.

I'm so sorry about your cat- Losing an animal is terrible, and I guess that losing it like this without knowing its fate is the worst possible situation that you can be in. I really hope that he will turn up somewhere, you just never know! sometimes cats or dogs are gone for weeks and they miraculously turn up later on. One can only hope.

Good luck, I really hope that it works out. :blink:

nice to hear from you rani ! sorry for the loss of your cat... and about your diabetes. it's hard but since you seem to be already doing the most important part (the food), you should be ok in very little time adding sports !

your "projects" as you call them look really great !

Hey Apples.

*Blows inches of dust that collected on the untouched thread over the last 2 days*

I'm sorry to read about kjoshi's friend stealing a boy she liked, and Rani's cat and new diagnosis. :boxed:

I haven't been in the best shape either. I haven't been sleeping well, and getting stupid headaches. And on top of that - I've been breaking out in zits like a hormonal teenager (no offense to the Younglings:naughty:) - but I'm 36 and this was supposed to have stopped decades ago. :thumbdown:

Wah, wah, wah - yes, I'd like some cheeze with my whine.:bleh:

I always seem get them (pimples) right before a function, and it didn't fail for last weekend when I attended a wedding (August 16th - which is partly why I couldn't commit to going to LA for the mini MFC get-together even though it was tempting at first). I just feel like ranting with or without an audience, because my kids are preoccupied with being outside, and hubby is at a golf tournament.

Anyway, this wedding I went to, was quite nice. Not a gorgeous castle by the water like Sara's...but the ceremony did take place in the middle of a vineyard on a beautiful, clear, blue-sky, sunny day. Short and sweet, without a lot of frou frou.

Suzy you only get pimples because you still look like a teenager, love. :wink2:

So don't complain. :naughty:

Just retreating back into the apples. Can't stand the heat if we don't agree with the uber Mika lovers. It's not enough to like him.........

Just retreating back into the apples. Can't stand the heat if we don't agree with the uber Mika lovers. It's not enough to like him.........

Welcome home :wub2:

I love how someone said that type of thread just causes conflict. Um, yeah because you come in and start kicking up a fuss about nothing. Why can't people just offer their own opinion without telling those that they disagree with what they should think and do? Then there wouldn't be any conflict and we'd all be happy.

Welcome home :wub2:

I love how someone said that type of thread just causes conflict. Um, yeah because you come in and start kicking up a fuss about nothing. Why can't people just offer their own opinion without telling those that they disagree with what they should think and do? Then there wouldn't be any conflict and we'd all be happy.

I particularly like how you are almost told that you shouldn't even be on MFC.